Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Dumb Ideas We Had Today  (Read 4850 times)

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
Re: Dumb Ideas We Had Today
« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2016, 07:02:10 am »

Thinking about the mechanics of a Forum Game that will most likely get swamped by other threads superior writing.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2016, 07:10:39 am »

Thinking about the mechanics of a Forum Game that will most likely get swamped by other threads superior writing.
That's not a dumb idea :P Drafting down your thoughts on anything that can capture it (eg Writing/Typing) sets the field for further refinement. It's the space all writers and planners go through--a perfect or superior idea is made by progressing with this. Cheers to you!

((Also I wanna get a linkie when you finish it up :3))
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 08:34:50 am by Tiruin »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 25, 2016, 08:08:03 am »

Bah!  I'll play it!
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 25, 2016, 08:29:13 am »

That's not a dumb idea :P Drafting down your thoughts on anything that can capture it (eg Writing/Typing) sets the field for further refinement. It's the space all writers and planners go through--a perfect or superior idea is made by progressing with this. Cheers to you!

much as i appreciate the thought, it's kinda depressing when everything i put a non-standard amount of effort goes ignored and those i just crap out at random get bitten by other people in the lower threads.

but perhaps i'm dreaming too much of leaving being a vase and trying to create a mythos somewhere.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 25, 2016, 08:29:46 am »

Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 25, 2016, 08:41:16 am »

much as i appreciate the thought, it's kinda depressing when everything i put a non-standard amount of effort goes ignored and those i just crap out at random get bitten by other people in the lower threads.

but perhaps i'm dreaming too much of leaving being a vase and trying to create a mythos somewhere.
Things go like this--players see it, they post; this'll appear in their newbox forever as long as people post in it :3 No matter how many people post in the FG&RP and push it down, that doesn't mean its importance is any less. Look at my RtD--I expected TOTALLY LITTLE to play with it because I made the mechanics out of nowhere (ie Thinking how quick battle would be in a realistic situation @_@).

But hey, balance any signal of cynicism with logic and insight :3 Effort is silently seen by the folks here, that I can attest to in all my years in the FG&RP and RtD boards.

Related: I believed in my doubts for once and spent a few minutes following them as if they meant sense o_o

But on a better related note: I forgot my multiplication! Thinking from the situation of a current # x16, if multiplied by x32 instead, would equal ten times as much. ;_;

Dumb idea today? Spending $9 to watch Batman v. Superman. Good god, that was awful.
I was given 3 free tickets to watch it--though it's specifically only for monday. Could I ask info about how...um, awful this is? O_o

The action's fine. The problem is mostly in details that would spoil the movie.
Aw fish >_> That means I've to watch it neutrally! Which means thank you so much for not spoiling stuff and leaving me to figure it out. c:

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 25, 2016, 09:38:39 pm »

I want to get pulled over by a police officer for speeding and when he comes around to give me my ticket throw up my hands and say:
"You got me officer! The bodies are in the back."

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 26, 2016, 04:16:38 am »

But on a better related note: I forgot my multiplication! Thinking from the situation of a current # x16, if multiplied by x32 instead, would equal ten times as much. ;_;
Well, it's 10 times as much in base 2.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 26, 2016, 09:50:43 am »

Well, it's 10 times as much in base 2.
Dumb Ideas we had today: good justification edition.
In a time before time, I had a name.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]