Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Raliton, SilverHalls. The Merchant Fort (Modded Succession fort.)  (Read 6395 times)

SeiggrainHart

• Bay Watcher
  • Order of the Black Arrow
    • View Profile
Re: Raliton, SilverHalls. The Merchant Fort (Modded Succession fort.)
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2016, 11:47:16 pm »

From the diary of 'Seiggrain Hart' Tekkudkadol:

"4th of Sandstone, Year 100. Nothing really serious has been happening in the fort while the Mountain Home's caravan has been here. We've all drank the days bye as we normally did back when it was US that was visiting the forts. Due to this, Adil has designated an area on the surface to be mined out, so that we can build a small Tavern area for any guests that may or may not visit us. We got to work on it right away."

"As well, he's designated us to continue mining out the Dormitory, and the wood workers have begun to build us our beds."

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"10th of Sandstone, Year 100. Once again, some migrants have arrived from the mountain homes. This time, it was just a single family by the looks of it. An adult male, an Adult female, along with four children. As well, we've finally gone and deconstructed the empty wagon. Despite this, Sanctume complained about the lack of storage for the dozens of logs we'd cut down. It was soon after the migrants arrived, that the Caravan from the mountain homes began packing up their goods, as if they were waiting for the Migrants before they left."

"21st of Sandstone, Year 100. The work on detailing the wall has been mostly completed, with only a few pockets left to smooth. As well, the majority of the migrants have found themselves some work doing one thing or another at this time. We've begun to smell a change in the air as well. There's only a few more weeks until winter. I pray we are ready."

"24th of Sandstone, Year 100. There was a bear attack yesterday injuring two of our citizens. Luckily one of them struck the bear down, but it didn't change the sudden need for a hospital. We named Zuntir as interim Chief Medical Dwarf, so that the injured dwarves would be taken care of."

"24th of Timber, Year 100. It is almost Winter, and Moony has expressed to us something Dire. We've ran out of spawn for King's Mushroom. Hopefully, brewing some of the mushrooms will get us enough spawn to last the winter. I'd hate for us to die off, after getting so far. As well, the construction of the Tavern building has been completed, as well as 20 beds."

"1st of Moonstone, Year 100. Winter is here. According to our stocks, which aren't exactly accurate at the moment, we have barely enough food and drink to survive the winter as is. Hopefully, we do."

~~~~~

Again, sorry about not posting here regularly. There's just one more 'log' update and It'll be the end of my turn.

SeiggrainHart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2016, 11:53:52 am »

"3rd of Moonstone, Year 100. We're a third day into winter now, and things are still looking as bleak as they did day one. With no spawn fr the mushrooms, we've finally decided to dig out an area to place a few nest boxes for the Turkey hen to lay her eggs. At the time, Adil plans to place a door at the entrance of the Nest Box room, so that we may seal it off, if we ever have want for some Turkey meat to eat. Nothing else really has been happening in the fort as of right now. We got the Tavern built, and the Entrance Hall smoothed out, we're stuck wandering around, hoping that the two in the hospital heal up."

"5th of Moonstone, Year 100. There's been a great sigh of relief in the fort today, as Zuntir has come to us with his diagnosis of Geshud and Etur. It was only their feet that was damaged in the bear attack, and they both will survive. Though I do not personally know either of them, I am glad that my fellow dwarves will survive for longer. It is probably also worth noting that Mistem, a gem setter, was also injured in the attack, as were a few others. But only Geshud and Etur were badly injured."

"18th of Moonstone, Year 100. Kadol, a farmer who lives in the room near where I do awoke in a strange manor a few days ago. He seemed to be mumbling about something in which I do not understand, I hope it's not anything serious. It wasn't until we finished constructing the leather-works, that we had discovered why. Kadol had entered some sort of Fey Mood."

"4th of Opal, year 100. We've slaughtered a few of the stray animals that did not have a full breading pair as of yesterday, as we did so Kadol claimed the leather as we tanned it. He has grabbed nothing else, so I know not of what he plans to make. I pray the leather is all that he needs."

"8th of Opal, Year 100. It's been four days since Kadol locked herself in the leather-works, and she's finally surfaced. She had made a leather shield out of the materials she'd brought in there. Not sure as to why her Fey mood made her make a shield, but it is not for me to understand."

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"7th of Obsidian, Year 100. It's been a bit into winter and we've been able to survive for so far, which is always a good thing. Though we got out of the bear attack with no serious injuries, I still pray that we don't have another one, at least until we get up a simple militia, when ever that may be."

~~~~

Just as a note, it's when I was writing the first 'entry' in this post that I realized why Zuntir hadn't been taking care of the two patients... He wasn't designated to do the doctoring jobs.

I'll be posting the rest of Winter, along with a link to the save file in a couple of days, so look forward to it.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2016, 12:48:51 pm »

Would like a dorf and a turn. I shall be known as the overseer who made the halls of this fort which shine like silver in the uncivilised darkness of this miserable world.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

SeiggrainHart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2016, 01:09:29 pm »

Would like a dorf and a turn. I shall be known as the overseer who made the halls of this fort which shine like silver in the uncivilised darkness of this miserable world.

Let me see if I'm understanding you correctly... You wish to take on the roll of Adil? As the fortress doesn't really have an Overseer.

SeiggrainHart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2016, 02:52:48 pm »

"12th of Obsidian, Year 100. It's been a bit since the bear attack, and most of us have healed up. Though we lost no one due to the Bear, it did raise the importance of a need for a simple Militia to defend our growing fortress. Adil has declared that who ever volunteers first, shall be considered as the Militia Captain. Only two people volunteered to join the Militia however."

"1st of Granite, Year 101. We've survived the Winter, and for a year here in Raliton, and I'm surprised that we've made it as long as we have. Adil is proud of how far we've gotten from where we were a year ago. The Training area for our Militia is mostly finished being built, "

~~~~

Well, there goes my turn... I'll be posting a link to the save file once I have it up.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2016, 03:18:13 pm »

Let me see if I'm understanding you correctly... You wish to take on the roll of Adil? As the fortress doesn't really have an Overseer.
An overseer is generally accepted as the dwarf currently overseeing the fortress in question. Overseeing duties usually last for one year, and you can sign up for another turn if you so wish.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

SeiggrainHart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2016, 03:53:25 pm »

An overseer is generally accepted as the dwarf currently overseeing the fortress in question. Overseeing duties usually last for one year, and you can sign up for another turn if you so wish.

So essentially, it the person who's controlling the game at the time...

~~~~

In other news, here's the save file.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2016, 05:55:36 pm »

This fort still exists?!? Well, After I read up on recent history, and read the goals, I'll give it a shot...
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

SeiggrainHart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2016, 10:31:54 am »

This fort still exists?!? Well, After I read up on recent history, and read the goals, I'll give it a shot...

Yup, it's still around. Well, it's back due to me returning as well.

Senshuken

• Bay Watcher
  • Defend till the end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2016, 12:46:22 pm »

I would like to request a Dwarf by the name of Senshuken... Cook and Sword Dwarf! Way I see it, if he is going to train how to be good at cutting stuff he might as well learn how to cook it right.
Cause every silver lining has a cloud, and it won't be alright on the night; There's nothing at the end of the rainbow and there's a tunnel at the end of the light!

SeiggrainHart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2016, 04:09:27 pm »

I would like to request a Dwarf by the name of Senshuken... Cook and Sword Dwarf! Way I see it, if he is going to train how to be good at cutting stuff he might as well learn how to cook it right.

I'll put you on the list, you might not get Dorfed 'til my next turn though... Unless Ryukan takes care of it during his turn.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2016, 09:07:57 pm »

Sure, but in all honesty, I haven't even downloaded the file... I'll get to it
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

SeiggrainHart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2016, 02:56:12 pm »

Sure, but in all honesty, I haven't even downloaded the file... I'll get to it

How goes the turn?
Pages: 1 [2]