Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17

Author Topic: Problems with stress and being upset from dealing with people. How do you?  (Read 73974 times)

Robot Parade Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Well, go on ... parade!
    • View Profile

Problems with stress and being upset

I get really anxious, stressed and upset Not quite "angry," because that makes you think of somebody screaming at the top of their lungs or punching somebody. Not it.

That said, I just can't stand people asking me question when I clearly either a.) don't want to talk about it b.) don't have an answer and they know these things or should. It's like they feel entitled to speak/question regardless of the other person who doesn't want to be in the conversation and a favorite phrase of theirs seems to be "I'm just saying." Yup, I knew. Still wishing that wasn't the case. I ask people to stop and they just look at me like I'm nuts.

I realize the following:
A.) This is at least partially my problem. Probably more than partially.
B.) People are going to always keep asking questions (stupid or otherwise) even and especially if you don't want them to.
C.) I need to find some way to deal with this on my end, because there is no other option.

It's not an anger problem yet but I just .... it gets to me a lot.

Ideas?

Please and thank you.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 09:47:20 pm by Robot Parade Leader »

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile

I think it's alright to say that you don't want to talk about something.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Robot Parade Leader

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

May I please ask what to do when the other person insists upon talking about that thing you asked not to talk about?

I basically have to deal with both regular and toxic people. Sadly.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile

Keep calm (at least outwardly) and polite (soft smile) and insist that you won't talk about subject X. Dont ellaborate, and don't give reasons why. You just dont want to. Over and over.

Keeping calm and polite when people are annoying you is a very good skill to learn, too.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile

Keep calm (at least outwardly) and polite (soft smile) and insist that you won't talk about subject X. Dont ellaborate, and don't give reasons why. You just dont want to. Over and over.

Keeping calm and polite when people are annoying you is a very good skill to learn, too.
Listen well to this man, for he speaks the truth.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile

Or if they still insist, tell them you won't say it again that you don't want to talk with a stern look.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

cango

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

one reason for social stress comes from trying to satisfy everyone. let them think whatever they want, you just tell them you don't want to deal with their queries

Catmeat

• Bay Watcher
  • 50/50 cat pork burger wth sweet lime sauce is best
    • View Profile

Use your human right to say you do not concent to a conversation.
If this doesnt work after calmy saying it a few times, walk away.
Everybody above is correct, im just icing the iced cake
Puns are social lubricant.
Too much and you lose sensation

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

PTW.

I have the same problem sometimes...
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Robot Parade Leader

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It just seems as though   I   have to be on my best behavior all the time

Anyone else can just go completely nuts or scream or whatever.
I must be a saint

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

-snip-
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 06:24:27 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Robot Parade Leader

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't. Others do. I feel like I want to, because I'm just at a complete loss for what to do.

People live in dream land and want their "what abouts?" I know how to do things with option A or B. They want C because it sounds better to them. I can't do that. I tell them this and they scream. They just won't believe the real world

My boss and my job won't let me give crazy customer what they want. I will get fired if I do. I am going to get yelled at for something that isn't my fault or in my control, because I'm there and I can't fight back. I'm going to have to take some abuse and that sucks. How do I deal with this?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile

No. Don't vent. It might get back to you.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

No. Don't vent. It might get back to you.
This is why you do not include personally identifying information when venting.
Sigtext

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17