Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What is the difference between RTD, FG&RP, Mafia and Einsteinian Roulette  (Read 4057 times)

ArchimedesWojak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I know i promised no more useless posts but i'm just curious

EDIT: oh and i forget to ask how do i share files (i have started writing an entire handbook for the forum game i want to start. I know about Github but i know there is a better way)
« Last Edit: April 07, 2021, 12:43:54 pm by ArchimedesWojak »
YET ANOTHER DATA-COLLECTION THREAD FROM MR. "NOT FEDERAL AUTHORITIES."
ArchimedesWojak is very militant against zoophilia due to his deeply held religious beliefs.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Not a useless post at all, you should ask lots of questions.

Mafia is for the game mafia, which we play post by post on this forum, and sometimes for other social deduction games. You should come join, we are very enthusiastic about this game here.

Roll to Dodge is ... idk, I think it's a game that was invented here?

Einsteinian Roulette is a specialized form of RTD.

FG&RP is everything else. Basically games people play post-by-post with each other on the forums.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile

As for file sharing, I recommend Google Drive, Dropbox, or Pastebin. Be aware that many file sharing services display your real name, so you will want to make sure it's not associated with their account.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile

On a more theoretical note, it's possible to create PNG images that are also valid ZIP files, and image hosts that don't do any checking will just let it all through. I've done this before, but I'll show it again. The tool for this is called truepolyglot (Mitra tends to have issues, in my experience). You're gonna need some Linux-compatible thing (either a Linux distro proper, or WSL) for that tool to work at all. The syntax for this use case looks like

Code: [Select]
truepolyglot zipany --zipfile <ZIP file> --payload1file <any file> <name of output file>
I'll be using a clip from Elephant's Dream as the ZIP payload, which means I'll have to provide the following attribution: (c) copyright 2006, Blender Foundation / Netherlands Media Art Institute / www.elephantsdream.org

You can download that image, and once you rename the extension to ".zip", it'll open as if it was just a ZIP file containing a silent 30-second clip in 360p from Elephant's Dream encoded in VP9. Because it is.

Of course, the main issue with this is that you'll basically be telling people to download an image, rename its extension to ".zip", and look inside. I don't think I'd trust someone on the internet if they told me to do the exact same thing. Plus, you're kinda at the mercy of the image hosts. Postimages is relatively generous, giving you 24 MB per image, but I don't know if they'll ever start patching this kind of trickery out.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile

I'd suggest making a Google Account for your forum name.  It's awesome!