Finally... > Life Advice

Problems with stress and being upset from dealing with people. How do you?

(1/49) > >>

Robot Parade Leader:
Problems with stress and being upset

I get really anxious, stressed and upset Not quite "angry," because that makes you think of somebody screaming at the top of their lungs or punching somebody. Not it.

That said, I just can't stand people asking me question when I clearly either a.) don't want to talk about it b.) don't have an answer and they know these things or should. It's like they feel entitled to speak/question regardless of the other person who doesn't want to be in the conversation and a favorite phrase of theirs seems to be "I'm just saying." Yup, I knew. Still wishing that wasn't the case. I ask people to stop and they just look at me like I'm nuts.

I realize the following:
A.) This is at least partially my problem. Probably more than partially.
B.) People are going to always keep asking questions (stupid or otherwise) even and especially if you don't want them to.
C.) I need to find some way to deal with this on my end, because there is no other option.

It's not an anger problem yet but I just .... it gets to me a lot.

Ideas?

Please and thank you.

ChairmanPoo:
I think it's alright to say that you don't want to talk about something.

Robot Parade Leader:
May I please ask what to do when the other person insists upon talking about that thing you asked not to talk about?

I basically have to deal with both regular and toxic people. Sadly.

ChairmanPoo:
Keep calm (at least outwardly) and polite (soft smile) and insist that you won't talk about subject X. Dont ellaborate, and don't give reasons why. You just dont want to. Over and over.

Keeping calm and polite when people are annoying you is a very good skill to learn, too.

MidnightJaguar:

--- Quote from: ChairmanPoo on March 27, 2016, 10:15:53 pm ---Keep calm (at least outwardly) and polite (soft smile) and insist that you won't talk about subject X. Dont ellaborate, and don't give reasons why. You just dont want to. Over and over.

Keeping calm and polite when people are annoying you is a very good skill to learn, too.

--- End quote ---
Listen well to this man, for he speaks the truth.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version