Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]

Author Topic: Problems with stress and being upset from dealing with people. How do you?  (Read 74216 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile

Also, it appears my team is "too productive."

They are going to be slowing us down and cutting us back to "even out the work." I'm sorry, WTF?

Some of our units from that large thing I posted about are going to be reassigned, but we are backdoor organizing just getting tons of them done ASAP so they are done before they take them away. We are the most productive team in the place. So, we are not slacking to create that pile of units. We're just evidently that good.

Somehow this is a "concern." I have no idea why this is the case in this instance that it is a "concern," meaning "problem." Everything "T" taught me about pulling myself out of the damn gutter was about being productive and efficient and here's the higher ups saying that's a "concern" now. They beat productivity into us FOREVER, and now it's an issue????

I'm "too productive," but also worried about having work.... So much for bootstraps and pulling yourself up by them or whatever. What the #$@% is this? Told to slow down, then speed up so it doesn't get taken away.

How am I both worried about having work but "too productive." ....
Unfortunately, this kind of shit happens... most likely you're making the other teams look bad and that's upsetting them, and management has decided to prioritise making other groups feel better over getting more money (which happens way more often than you'd think). I don't really think there's anything you can do about that other than doing exactly what you're told to the best of your ability (which still doesn't guarantee they won't screw you over). It's one of those things, and I really feel for you, but there's just... no solution.

Domaryx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Problems with stress and being upset

I get really anxious, stressed and upset Not quite "angry," because that makes you think of somebody screaming at the top of their lungs or punching somebody. Not it.

That said, I just can't stand people asking me question when I clearly either a.) don't want to talk about it b.) don't have an answer and they know these things or should. It's like they feel entitled to speak/question regardless of the other person who doesn't want to be in the conversation and a favorite phrase of theirs seems to be "I'm just saying." Yup, I knew. Still wishing that wasn't the case. I ask people to stop and they just look at me like I'm nuts.

I realize the following:
A.) This is at least partially my problem. Probably more than partially.
B.) People are going to always keep asking questions (stupid or otherwise) even and especially if you don't want them to.
C.) I need to find some way to deal with this on my end, because there is no other option.

It's not an anger problem yet but I just .... it gets to me a lot.

Ideas?

Please and thank you.

It provides me with meditation and working out emotions, quality food and a good movie. Sometimes go somewhere where there are no people for a week

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile

It helps to remember that everyone has a job that is distinct and important, and most people don't have time to explain every detail of their job to everyone else.

Middle management exists to keep the people who are in power away from the people who do the work.  Simple as that.  Social lubricant.  Generally speaking, the best thing you can do for them is to be nice when you are interacting with them, because everyone else is yelling at them.

Remember also that people don't own ideas.  Sure, maybe certain ideas are worth patenting and selling, but most are just good thoughts that may be worth sharing in a non-committal way.  If someone else likes that idea, then maybe they adopt the idea.  It won't be the only good idea you have, I'm sure.  If the boss takes the credit, that is not a bad thing in any way, since they're also taking the blame if any problems occur.  Plus, they like you, and having the boss like you is great.  Unless your co-workers know.  So don't be blatantly obvious.

Some bosses don't want to hear from others.  Some do want to hear from everyone, but they don't have the time.

I can't work for other people, so take any advice on office/work politics with a grain of salt.

Most people have problems.  LOTS of problems.  Like, "I'd rather just not know they got those problems" problems.  Nobody is alone in this.

I hope your hours are staying the same.  Losing work hours sucks.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]