Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Are we crazy?  (Read 2515 times)

Ezekhiel2517

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Are we crazy?
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2016, 04:53:04 pm »

bartle test: http://4you2learn.com/bartle/

my own results:
Achiever: 33%
Explorer: 80%
Griefer: 40%
Socializer: 47%
“Far, far below the deepest delvings of the dwarves, the world is gnawed by nameless things.” ― J.R.R. Tolkien

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2016, 05:02:15 pm »

Came out pretty accurate for my own playstyle.
Achiever: 53%
Explorer: 53%
Griefer: 60%
Socializer: 33%

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2016, 05:39:29 pm »

Achiever: 40%
Explorer: 93%
Griefer: 20%
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2016, 05:56:53 pm »

Surprised you guys are scoring so low on the griefer scale...though me getting 60% on it is probably the fault of playing Dead Island and Left 4 Dead 2 a bit too much.

Ezekhiel2517

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2016, 06:09:36 pm »

Surprised you guys are scoring so low on the griefer scale...though me getting 60% on it is probably the fault of playing Dead Island and Left 4 Dead 2 a bit too much.

Griefer would be like someone that trolls others? then stay away from my camp you goblin! :D

It came pretty accurate for me, I like exploring, and don´t care too much about achievements or trophies. Love a good fight now and then, but like to be prepared before it. Socializing? just the needed amount, get the info I need and back on my way again
“Far, far below the deepest delvings of the dwarves, the world is gnawed by nameless things.” ― J.R.R. Tolkien

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2016, 06:37:04 pm »

Griefer would be like someone that trolls others? then stay away from my camp you goblin! :D

It came pretty accurate for me, I like exploring, and don´t care too much about achievements or trophies. Love a good fight now and then, but like to be prepared before it. Socializing? just the needed amount, get the info I need and back on my way again
Yeah, that's what a griefer is.
Some friends I play L4D2 with actually say I'm more of a threat than the zombies.

That feeling of power when people immediately panic on mic the moment they hear something like "MOLOTOV OUT" coming from my character is pretty incredible. And satisfying, oh so satisfying.

I like exploring as well and doing some stylish feats, socializing is a meh for me, though - I can deal with people as long as they're not utterly insufferable, i.e get incredibly offended at anything. Still I usually keep my contact to a minimum, unless I really get along well with someone. I've never really joined a large group or guild in any multiplayer game, i.e WoW - this forum and the DF sub-reddit are pretty much the only two online game communities that I actively post on.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2016, 06:42:10 pm »

Achiever: 47%
Explorer: 87%
Griefer: 20%

Seems about right.  And I scored over 200... woohoo!  :)
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Ezekhiel2517

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2016, 06:46:32 pm »

Yeah, that's what a griefer is.
Some friends I play L4D2 with actually say I'm more of a threat than the zombies.

That feeling of power when people immediately panic on mic the moment they hear something like "MOLOTOV OUT" coming from my character is pretty incredible. And satisfying, oh so satisfying.

I like exploring as well and doing some stylish feats, socializing is a meh for me, though - I can deal with people as long as they're not utterly insufferable, i.e get incredibly offended at anything. Still I usually keep my contact to a minimum, unless I really get along well with someone. I've never really joined a large group or guild in any multiplayer game, i.e WoW - this forum and the DF sub-reddit are pretty much the only two online game communities that I actively post on.

Never played multiplayers. I played a lot of l4d2 and others with my son, local coop split screened

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2016, 07:53:01 pm »

Hmmm...

Achiever: 13%
Explorer: 93%
Griefer: 47%

The interesting thing is a spade will always score differently.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2016, 08:37:48 pm »

"Griefers" are people who play for "Domination" as an aesthetic according to Extra Credits, and that has an almost explicitly multiplayer aspect.  Just beating the computer doesn't help any, a griefer is interested in making themselves feel better by "proving their superiority" over others.  You don't get the sense of competition from NPC goblin #426 the way you get when you "Totally pwnt that noob, and he was crying that you were totally wallhacking when you weren't. Get gud noob!"

Basically, DayZ or CoD attracts griefers like flies on shit, although for something more DF-like, it's players who play MOBAs and 4X games solely in multiplayer.

Dwarf Fortress's innate demand you be curious about the mechanics, meanwhile, will inherently draw out this string of outsized Explorer scores you see, here.

Also, because I love linking them, Extra Credits did a video on Bartle's Taxonomy, as well.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 09:15:36 pm by NW_Kohaku »
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2016, 08:53:19 pm »

I have a playstyle of letting things happen. I know how to play very safely but I usually dont like to play that way. I rarely use traps,  never use danger rooms and things like that. I ldon't do it to challenge me,  but to challenge the game to create good stories. A superdwarven soldier that always wins is boring. A recruit that saves all the squad in a unlikely way is interesting.

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2016, 10:31:39 pm »

I'm on here more than I'm in the game most of the time. Right now I can explain it away by saying I'm waiting for the next release, but the truth is I have too many attention issues to stick with the game for very long. But I love the stories others create, and have made some of my own.

bmxbumpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • How did I pass? She beat me like I owed her money.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2016, 01:33:04 am »

Yeah, never opened adventure mode here, and I hate it when any of my dwarfs die. 

I am still laughing at quekwoambojish post.  pegged it right there.
Pages: 1 [2]