Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Decided to start a poll about it. Do you guys want intermissions, with both backstories and the events after a Chapter?

Yes. Backstories about our characters, which may answer questions? Seeing the world after the destructive chapters? Yes, please!
- 2 (40%)
Nah. We should just start Chapter 2/3/5/291, and put background info in the Chapter itself.
- 0 (0%)
Why ask, Greatness? It's your game, if you want this sort of thing, just do it already.
- 3 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: July 20, 2016, 05:13:00 pm

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 106

Author Topic: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm  (Read 139927 times)

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm
« on: March 28, 2016, 11:43:57 pm »

Spoiler: Story (click to show/hide)

Bit long winded, but it works. Welcome to my 3rd ever forum game, and the first forum game I'm GMing on Bay12! I've gotten permission from TCM, who is currently GMing a Wiki Warfare that I'm playing, and still will play, to do this. The only thing I have to do is make it different, so I've added two things, and have changed 2 others!

Change #1: I'm adding a storyline that will be affected as the rounds go on, and the world gets progressively ravaged by the war. The story above is the end result, but things that change within the game will be affected by past games. E.G.: Increased security, weapons checks in populated areas, Natural Disasters spontaneously appearing due to past events etc.

Change #2: There will be a rotation of 4 game modes for each round, which will be decided by the roll of a D4. They will be:

• Deathmatch: Kill off everyone else. No respawns.
  • Team Deathmatch: Kill off the enemy team. No respawns.
  • Boss Battle: All 10 players will have to work together to take down a Super-Difficult Boss. If the Boss is defeated, all players win, though the player who lands the final blow will gain the winner's prize. No Respawns.
  • Collection of Anomalous Material: Within the area there is an artifact that Mr. Warner would like for his collection, and if you nab it for him, he would be appreciative. Simply put, search for and take the Artifact from the area, and report to an Escape Vehicle for exfiltration. Respawns allowed.

Change #3: Prizes. If you win the gamemode, you will get a prize, which will shape future rounds. One of 3 prizes will be provided:
  • Wish: You will gain a wish from Jaws that allows you to shape the world. No instant wins, of course, but things that could make the next game interesting. E.G. Wishing for Lightning, so that a massive thunderstorm will engulf the next area.
  • Location: Picking this prize will allow you to manipulate Jaws' Magic, allowing you to select the next location. Like with randomization process, it can be anywhere 10 people can fight in, which can be anywhere from Moscow, Russia, to the Death Star, to Alcatraz.
  • Items: Like with the location prize, this prize will allow you to pick 1-2 articles, rather than having them randomized. Want Cloud's Buster Sword, or maybe RWBY's Crescent Rose, or perhaps the weapons and 4th wall breaking insanity of Deadpool? This prize will allow you access to things you may not wanna wait to see if you get.

Change #4: Sub Wikis. The change that I thought of 1st. Now don't get me wrong, I like-no, LOVE the fact that TCM only uses Wikipedia Articles, because it means less chance of a snub article, and thus more items and stat boosts that can be attained. However, this will also make this game more unique by having more substance in individual characters and locations from the work I sub-wiki. Besides, Main Wikipedia Articles will still be active, so having articles based on TV Tropes is entirely possible.

And with that, that's all the changes. Everything else will similarly to TCM's game(s). D10 for rolling during the conflict, 10 players, 5 articles per player. First Randomization will be the location. Killing someone allows for Kill Absorption, though how many articles you absorb I'm unsure of.

And with that, let's wait and see what comes up!

EDIT: Now with 48 hour Update Timer.

EDIT2: Discord will only be linked when someone asks. Expiration and all.

Players: 5/10
Subjects:Person, DolosusDoleus, PirateJoe, Failbird105, NRDL, GigaGiant

Waitlisters: 7/I don't know, infinite?
Subject: AbstractTraitorHero, 0cra_Tr0per, Rockeater, FallacyofUrist, Hiddenleafguy, Lord_lemonpie, TheBiggerFish

Spoiler: Winners/Champions (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 08:30:17 am by Greatness942 »
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2016, 12:04:52 am »

In.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2016, 12:18:15 am »

In
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2016, 03:06:50 am »

In.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2016, 04:33:45 am »

In!
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2016, 08:53:59 am »

IN!
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2016, 08:58:56 am »

IN!

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2016, 09:27:02 am »

What a cool idea for a game. In.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2016, 12:16:26 pm »

In, why not?
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2016, 12:18:40 pm »

Sure why not.
IN!
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2016, 01:41:13 pm »

In! If there is still room. If not, waitlist.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2016, 04:24:38 pm »

Match 1
Round 0: Introductions are in order
Muqur District, Badghis, Afghanistan
7:35 AM, Sunny Weather

In a sleepy village in Muqur, 10 young-ish challengers outfitted with various powers and items meet in the center of the village. Up in the sky, a pure black helicopter hovers above. There is only 1 pilot, and 2 passengers.

"HOO-WEE! Welcome, ya'll, to the Charon Channel! We're the only TV Channel and Radio Station to follow the lives of powerful men and women across the globe! Today, we're interviewing the 2 men responsible for the upcoming Grudge Match here in Badghis, Afghanistan! Ladies and Gentlemen, give a warm hand to Jesse P. Warner, and Logan D. "Jaws" Sawyer, as we all commentate on the match! How do ya'll do?" Jess spoke first, saying "Well, I'm perfectly good, Charon. I'm just waiting for these guys to kill themselves.". Jaws spoke next, saying "Calm down, Jess. We're here to see if this works, nothing else.".

As if a gunshot rang out at a raceway, the 10 Humans then charged at eachother, ready for the slaughter.

---------------------------------------
Spoiler: piratejoe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NRDL (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hawk132 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Beirus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ukrainian Ranger (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ardent Debater (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TCM (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: DigitalDemon (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TheBiggerFish (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: birdy51 (click to show/hide)
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2016, 04:30:55 pm »

Run into the nearest house.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2016, 04:31:42 pm »

Pray to summon my Bishop. Kick my soccer ball at any aggressors, preferably in a way that causes it to bounce back to me. Follow the Royalty.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 06:16:21 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2016, 04:36:02 pm »

Dammit, my articles are crappy. Go up to NRDL, change into mantis and try to murder him before he finds a comic book. Nevermind. Go find something to write with and a LOT of paper. Or a computer. Once computer or writing utensils have been found, barricade self inside a room and prepare to write.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 106