Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Decided to start a poll about it. Do you guys want intermissions, with both backstories and the events after a Chapter?

Yes. Backstories about our characters, which may answer questions? Seeing the world after the destructive chapters? Yes, please!
- 2 (40%)
Nah. We should just start Chapter 2/3/5/291, and put background info in the Chapter itself.
- 0 (0%)
Why ask, Greatness? It's your game, if you want this sort of thing, just do it already.
- 3 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: July 20, 2016, 05:13:00 pm

Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 106

Author Topic: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm  (Read 140040 times)

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm: Chapter IV, Round IV (8/10, 0 On Waitlist)
« Reply #1290 on: April 09, 2017, 11:59:37 am »

Join back with the rest of the group and tell them what I found. Have my twin swords ready just in case.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: April 09, 2017, 01:46:44 pm »

Yell if anyone can hear me. Look again in the cabinet I'd just opened, and finish looking through the kitchen, in case whatever caused this is nearby.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: April 09, 2017, 09:30:14 pm »

Choose another door, punch it down, kill anything inside, etc etc etc. There's no way that it'll be so easy that Herzog is just sitting in the basement; he's probably somewhere else.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: April 10, 2017, 03:02:59 pm »

Can I waitlist?

Since we started with only 8 characters, you can come in this chapter!
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: April 18, 2017, 07:05:01 am »

Walk inside the room that just opened.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: April 18, 2017, 12:01:49 pm »

I quietly waited for someone to open the door and once they did, I walked through it with with most of the others.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: April 18, 2017, 12:25:02 pm »

"Herzog!  I would like to talk!"
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: April 19, 2017, 06:27:26 pm »

you know what? Sign me up

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: April 19, 2017, 10:53:55 pm »

Chapter IV: Herzog
Elimination
Part VII: Diversions
Herzog's Manor/Hideout, Close to the Abisko Research Station, Sweden
Afternoon, Clouding Sky, 7/23/2016

As the Wiki-Warriors huddle around the door, each one taking careful steps to not give away their location, the one known as NRDL taps BiggerFish's shoulder, making the man jump through his startled appearance before turning to the other warrior. NRDL carefully whispers "Alright BiggerFish, what's the play here? I'm thinking we break the door down, you toss in a grenade, then I Chaos Control enough to launch as many spike balls as I can. IF we do, I'm gonna be out of commission for a second, so I'm gonna need you to back me up here.". BiggerFish nods and says "Door's open. I presume this is a boss fight.", to which NRDL responds "After you, then."
BiggerFish walks down the stairs, seeing the same thing Dolosus saw in terms of the morgue, but no Herzog in sight. Cupping his hands around his mouth, he yells out "Herzog! I would like to talk!", hoping to convince him to come out. [4] He gets a psychic message no one else can hear, saying "I don't trust you, but I don't trust anyone with this book on me. If you truly mean it, meet me in the attic. Come alone, and don't bring out your weapons. I will be expecting hostilities, or however you say that." Anyone whose actions during this moment were to either simply walk in or attack Herzog, such as PirateJoe and NRDL, pay mention to the lack of the German mage, though they do note a shimmering beacon on the floor. "Also, don't worry about the "Throw Voice" beacon. It's not dangerous."

As water falls down all around him, removing the tainted blood from his body before it can infect him, Fallacy of Urist showers [7] well, making sure he's nice and clean for the rest of the mission. But then, he decides to relax under the water, letting his problem with taking long showers bite him. [Showers for One More Turn]

Banging on the now-black kitchen door with fervor and resistance, her hands balled up into fists, OceanSoul calls out "Can anyone help me? Hey! I need some help!". No one shows up after some time, however, so she instead decides to check the cupboard for any supplies. [9] She does find parts to make two improvised weapons: a baseball bat, nails, a bottle of whiskey that's filled with gasoline, a rag, and a lighter. Swiping the parts, she also looks around the kitchen for what did this. [4] She can't find any external sign of anything dragging her in, though a mysterious impulse now tells her to explore as the door suddenly whips open.

After thinking about the situation for a little bit, Dolosus Doleus realizes something pretty quickly: There's no way he would be down there. Herzog would be hiding far away, not close by the exact spot where the Wiki-Warriors totally are. Walking back up the stairs, he sees three unopened doors, with the two open ones revealing the bedroom and bathroom. [3] Picking the second door on the right, he bursts it open to reveal [2] a horde of Zombies lying in wait in what appears to be a guest bedroom, with two King beds on opposite walls. There are [5] five Undead within the room, which Dolosus charges towards. [1 v 2] One Zombie lurches slightly to the left, causing the charging gator/human to roll on the floor towards the room's shared dresser.

Outside, on the front gate, a purple and shimmering light brings two more people into the fray, their eyes glazing over as they hear the order before returning to normal.

BSN: Well, we've got a Full House, now!

Don't have much to report, sorry. Don't worry, all of you had a turn. I just didn't feel like one or two sentence paragraphs for walking in were necessary, since that was the majority of actions, I'd wager. I'll better individualize the turns next...turn.

Spoiler: Hawk132 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Person (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NRDL (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: DolosusDoleus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: FallacyofUrist (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: PirateJoe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: OceanSoul (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TheBiggerFish (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Moonlit Shadow (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Failbird105 (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 09:44:17 pm by Greatness942 »
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: April 19, 2017, 11:49:50 pm »

"Where the hell is he?"

Search the room for Chaos Emeralds, as well as clues as to where Herzog went.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: April 20, 2017, 08:30:56 am »

"Hmn.  Stay down here, in case this is a double-bluff."

To the attic.  Carefully.  Weapons sheathed.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: April 20, 2017, 11:22:37 am »

Yawning, I looked around the basement for a bit, curios if there was anything else inside it that could be put to use or some kind of secret passage hidden from view.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: April 20, 2017, 11:52:38 am »

"Affirmative." is the only word out of my mouth before I begin moving. Readying my weapon and gesturing for both the other warrior and my drone to follow.

Enter, search for mission relevant information or other wiki warriors
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 12:04:07 pm by Failbird105 »

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: April 20, 2017, 12:13:20 pm »

"GRRAAAHHH!!!"

Canary Cry these nuisances! Grab the closest zombie, squish its head so hard that it explodes, and beat the remaining zombies to death with the body, screaming in incoherent rage the whole time.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: April 20, 2017, 04:17:13 pm »

I just thought of a victory wish idea. Would a wish to get a random article from a specific subwiki every chapter be valid? So you don't specify any articles, just the sub wiki, and every time you participate in a chapter, that replaces one of your other articles?
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 106