Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Decided to start a poll about it. Do you guys want intermissions, with both backstories and the events after a Chapter?

Yes. Backstories about our characters, which may answer questions? Seeing the world after the destructive chapters? Yes, please!
- 2 (40%)
Nah. We should just start Chapter 2/3/5/291, and put background info in the Chapter itself.
- 0 (0%)
Why ask, Greatness? It's your game, if you want this sort of thing, just do it already.
- 3 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: July 20, 2016, 05:13:00 pm

Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 106

Author Topic: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm  (Read 138022 times)

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm: Chapter IV, Round IV (8/10, 0 On Waitlist)
« Reply #1305 on: April 20, 2017, 04:20:02 pm »

I just thought of a victory wish idea. Would a wish to get a random article from a specific subwiki every chapter be valid? So you don't specify any articles, just the sub wiki, and every time you participate in a chapter, that replaces one of your other articles?

Indeed it would be!
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: April 20, 2017, 04:43:24 pm »

hmm, now to decide between the hearthstone wiki, and the /tg/ station one for if I win one of these matches.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: April 20, 2017, 06:58:57 pm »

((Almost no idea where I am/whats around me))

Enter building. Keep an eye out for any skates, or other people.

Ah, yes. Details are important, and I'll strive to put them in better.

Basically, you're near a gothic front gate in front of a large, spooky mansion. It's kind of lightly forested, but being a research station, there's not much.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: April 20, 2017, 08:11:58 pm »

"*Humming intensifies*

Fallacy showers.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: April 24, 2017, 04:07:16 am »

Huh, did my action get missed? Or did it just not get commented on because I didn't do much. Either way... Play my guitar to raise morale before the fight.

Edit: Nah don't worry, I can understand the reasoning involved. Changing my action to reflect that though.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 01:53:03 pm by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: April 24, 2017, 05:31:02 am »

Huh, did my action get missed? Or did it just not get commented on because I didn't do much. Either way... Look for Herzog. If I find any of the others, tell them what I found.

I slotted in with the rest because it was just walking in, so it was the latter. Sorry! I'll try to separate everything up into a dedicated slot next turn. Since most of them were just walking in, I grouped them together.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 05:32:49 am by Greatness942 »

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: April 24, 2017, 06:33:01 am »

Cautiously explore, rapier at the ready.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: April 25, 2017, 06:24:50 am »

Search for Herzog.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: April 30, 2017, 06:15:29 pm »

((I shall update this tomorrow. Sorry, but my sleep schedule is terrible right now.))

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: May 02, 2017, 07:20:18 am »

Chapter IV: Herzog
Elimination
Part VIII: Finding the Rat
Herzog's Manor/Hideout, Close to the Abisko Research Station, Sweden
Afternoon, Clouding Sky, 7/23/2016

With an irate glare gleaming violently in his eye, his patience being tested with every second with an answer, NRDl yells out "Where the hell is he?" as he begins pacing around the room in search of both clues and Chaos Emeralds. [2, 2] There is not much indication, other than the shimmering beacon, that Herzog was down here, same with the Chaos Emeralds, as the Chaos Energy binding them is not present in this room.

Thinking hard about what Herzog said, his words sincere yet choked out like a strangled cry, the enigmatic BiggerFish looks up to the attic and says "Hmn. Stay down here, in case this is a double-bluff." to his teammates, who have no idea what he means by that. Sheathing his weapons, BiggerFish climbs up both the stairs to the morgue and the stairs to the second story, before walking down the hall and beginning to climb the new set. At the very top is a single door, which he opens, to find a dingy space. Cobwebs and dust seem to dominate the space, and before long, the quiet creaks of the wooden floor turn to haunting, echoing cries. In the center of the room, Herzog sits, flipping frantically through each page. He [10] not only notices BiggerFish instantly, but from just the glaze in his eye, can tell he's legitimate in his attempt to make piece. Clutching the book to his chest, Herzog says "Assuming you weren't followed, I welcome you. Please, speak. It must be important if it will stop the 223.", his voice calmer then before.

With a quiet yawn, PirateJoe stretches her arms out as she looks around for any secret passages. [8] Luckily, a mistakenly unsealed false wall was left uncovered, showing a decrepit staircase that seems to lead up to the attic. Squeezing past the barely open crawlspace, she begins climing up, and she hears what Herzog said, thus knowing that he's up there.

"Affirmative." is the simple, calm response of one of the new Wiki-Warriors, Failbird, as his drone chirps happily behind him. Walking through the gates and doors, he quickly sees the corpses of the undead across the ground, and begins scouring to find any mission critical data. [5] While the two word order didn't tell him anything, osmosis through Logan "Jaws" Sawyer's magic does fill in some blanks: Herzog has the book which holds the secret to the apocalypse, and Jess Warner wants it so he can start the apocalypse in an attempt to be spared from it's coming eventuality. He is somewhere within the house, and whoever finds and kills him, and retrieves the book by proxy, gains the wish. Otherwise, nothing is obvious. There is a staircase leading to a different floor, and several doors on the first floor.

Well, except for the loud scream that bursts from the second story, coming from the ear drum-bursting Canary Cry that Dolosus Doleus lets loose, which automatically stuns the Zombies with their lack of self-preservation. [3 v 3-2 (Stunned)] Dolosus, screaming in an incoherent rage like a violent crocodile would, grabs a Zombie by the head and squeezes tightly, instantly popping it's head apart. [6 v 5] Despite his efforts, his rage makes his attacks slightly miss the mark, the Zombie corpse he calls a weapon swinging past another Zed, [4 v 8] who in turn whiffs a bite.

After seeing Failbird and taking in the surroundings, which consist of a gothic gate surrounded by very faint amounts of living vegetation, The Moonlit Shadow walks into the building, keeping his eyes peeled for any skates. [7] Luckily for him, a Warner Industrial Program care package is right there, containing red skates that fit his feet well. Skating into the mansion, he looks for any other Wiki-Warriors not named Failbird. [2] He cannot see or hear anyone else.

As the sound of the faucet turning off concludes his shower, Fallacy of Urist humming through the entire venture, he leaves the shower and throws his old clothes back on.

Seeing PirateJoe disappear into the crawlspace, his Xanatos Gambit blood fueling the CPU through which he devises his plan, Person whips out his guitar and begins to play a song to raise morale. [5] He sings Hail to the King by Avenged Sevenfold, which does aid their mood to a decent point [+1 to all Morgue-bound Warriors), but his mechanized voice leaves a bit to be desired.

Walking through the door with a cautious gait, her rapier in a ready stance as she prepares to strike out, Ocean Soul looks around the black and white ruins, trying to find something of value, a wait out, or simply an explanation. [7] She finds a small chest, containing [9] a 44. Magnum revolver with two speed loaders. Swiping the loot, she continues on her trek, looking for any explanation. [8] She finds a note taped to one of the stairs, reading "Another Wiki-Warrior? Well, I presume you want at least the vaguest of answers. If so, go down to the Scrying Pond near the mansion. It'll give you the bare minimum, then send you back to Timeline 2/Sigma. -G"

Following PirateJoe, Hawk grins evily. It's time to find Herzog once and for all.

BSN: When was the last turn any-Jesus.

Well, sorry for the delay. Thanks to a terrible sleep schedule, I didn't get to do much at all, save for writing and updating fanfiction, because that's simple. Three things:

1: I'm giving you the bare minimum because this is lore meant to be fully explained in the full Earth IV Mythos (namely, my video game projects), so giving you a teaser is all I can do for now.

2: I haven't been doing my Unreal Engine lectures lately. It was beginner stuff, so I don't have much to catch up on, but I'm still really glad you guys responded so well! I'm determined to bring the Earth IV Mythos (and other ideas) to life in the digital medium, so hearing such positivity is amazing!

3: Besides OceanSoul's shiny new gun, there wasn't much change in the Character Sheets. Thus, I will fill those in next turn. I hope you enjoy.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: May 02, 2017, 07:35:05 am »

Continue searching outwards for Chaos Emeralds and Herzog.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: May 02, 2017, 10:17:50 am »

"So...What the heck is going on?  I don't like the organizers of the Wiki-Wars, but I haven't been able to get very much information on them.  Also, they want you dead.  Though I notice they don't seem to have any caveats about how long you stay dead if you are.  I'm wondering why that is..."
« Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 11:05:53 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: May 02, 2017, 10:55:32 am »

The mission is to kill Herzog, Who is the cult leader(I think). The reason, as my character has just discovered, is apparently to gain a book that will cause the apocalypse early for Jess to use. Also, I THINK I'm the only player who actually knows this in game.

That being said, I'm going to make my character do what I think will make things interesting, rather than what I would do in real life.

A smirk behind the helmet, interesting, now from a moral standpoint, most people would just stop and NOT do the thing which would lead to the early end of the world as we know it, Fail Bird, is not a very moral person. Instead, they would follow orders.
If this Herzog has such a book on their person, which they likely do, they likely also have access to much dangerous power, as such, search for other advantages to acquire before going on a focused Herzog hunt
« Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 11:04:22 am by Failbird105 »

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: May 02, 2017, 05:25:48 pm »

Grab the zombie that just tried to bite me, and crush its skull.

"DIE!"

Start throwing any nearby heavy objects at the zombies. Cabinets, chairs, desks, anything.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: May 02, 2017, 06:41:15 pm »

"Okay then!"

Fallacy leaves the bathroom and takes a look at what everybody's doing.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 106