Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Decided to start a poll about it. Do you guys want intermissions, with both backstories and the events after a Chapter?

Yes. Backstories about our characters, which may answer questions? Seeing the world after the destructive chapters? Yes, please!
- 2 (40%)
Nah. We should just start Chapter 2/3/5/291, and put background info in the Chapter itself.
- 0 (0%)
Why ask, Greatness? It's your game, if you want this sort of thing, just do it already.
- 3 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: July 20, 2016, 05:13:00 pm

Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 106

Author Topic: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm  (Read 139553 times)

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm: Chapter IV, Round IV (8/10, 0 On Waitlist)
« Reply #1320 on: May 02, 2017, 07:34:45 pm »

Go scry at the pond. Who knows who else may reside here? Anyway, keep rapier at the ready, and make sure gun is available and loaded.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: May 04, 2017, 09:01:19 am »

Stay with the group, slash any zombies/enemies that appear.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: May 04, 2017, 02:15:02 pm »

I would motion for the guards to block anyone from going up further before sneaking up the stairs and seeing if I couldn't get in a good position to be able to take the book or kill the poor man, although, I wouldn't harm him, at least not yet, even if I really wanted my wish I would force myself to stay quiet and listen.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: May 08, 2017, 12:00:58 am »

*bump for whoever hasn't posted. My sleep schedule has made me essentially nocturnal, so I haven't had much of a drive, but I'll get things done when I can.*
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: May 08, 2017, 03:25:11 pm »

Get to Herzog. I'mma stab him. And anyone who stops me.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: May 08, 2017, 05:51:20 pm »

If Hawk actually finds Herzog: Intervene!  Explain the situation!
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: May 13, 2017, 10:36:24 am »

Chapter IV: Herzog
Elimination
Part IX: Hunting the Truth
Herzog's Manor/Hideout, Close to the Abisko Research Station, Sweden
Afternoon, Clouding Sky, 7/23/2016

With his gaze constantly shifting to every corner of the Morgue, his eyes glancing through the nooks and crannies of the cold and dark room, NRDL continued searching for the mystical Chaos Emeralds. [8] With a glowing shimmer of one of the precious gems in the new stairway, NRDL walked over to the blue Chaos Emerald and retrieved it, feeling the power course through his veins as if it were his own blood. Walking up the stairs, he breathes a sigh of relief that this menace may finally be over.

As BiggerFish looks at the old man before him, who has returned to flipping through pages and reading through each spell carefully, he kneels down beside him and simply sits. After a few seconds, he says "So...What the heck is going on? I don't like the organizers of the Wiki-Wars, but I haven't been able to get very much information on them. Also, they want you dead. Though I notice they don't seem to have any caveats about how long you stay dead if you are. I'm wondering why that is..." which makes Herzog turn to him with a gaze that seems to be dredging up past memories. "I...was a member of the Cult of Jericho, or as the members call it, The Tribe of Alukahi. Voidric word for "Domination", in case you're wondering. Things were...going fine, I guess. I firmly believed in everything Astrid and his two cohorts were saying," he said, before pausing and gaining a particular edge to his voice, "Fucking revolting liars, they were. Marcellus, Glesgorv, both of them were yes-men to a cause they couldn't understand. Anyway, Astrid came in one day with a book of high level spells, things that only a Voidric Lord could get their hands on. In it was a spell to summon The Maw to Earth to let the 223, the Operator, come in to absorb our souls. Grow more powerful. "It's the right thing" he said, "We shall reach peace in Malo!" That's when I realized that everyone was, to put it gently, batshit insane. I ran up to him with my pistol, same one as I use today, and shot Marcellus in his lying eye. Stole the book in the confusion, and then I spent two years in solitude. I do not know who I can trust...except you."

Walking around the foyer in wonder, each step hitting the red carpet the same as the smell of rotten flesh hit his nose, Failbird thinks back to what he knows about his mission and smiles. "Interesting..." he thinks, as he searches the foyer to see if he can find anything to use to gain the advantage. [3] Nothing, however, stands out. Zombie corpses and pieces of gore surround him, but that's no advantage. All in all, if the Foyer had anything, it's been picked clean. That, or it just doesn't stand out.

Anger and irritation bubbles up in Dolosus's throat, a loud growl exiting his lips as he reaches out, trying to grab the Zombie that attacked him. [8 v 5] He grabs him by the skull and begins to squeeze hard, the sound of the Undead's skull cracking becoming a soothing to his ears as it finally explodes in a shower of blood and brains. Looking at the rest of the Zombies, he screams out "DIE!" as he releases the corpse of the Zombie, before grabbing the room's dresser and throwing it! [3 v 10] He throws it, but in a stunning display of intelligence, all of the Zombies roll to dodge the blow before rushing forward for an immediate Counter Attack. [9 v 4] The Zombie reaches out with jaws at the ready, as it bites him on the shoulder [Medical: 9] which only serves to chip a few scales off, with no infection in sight. As Dolosus looks at the Zombie completely nonplussed, it looks back with what seems like fear in it's orange, glowing eyes.

"Okay, then!" Fallacy of Urist says, exiting the bathroom and looking around. He spots a classy bloke in some nifty armor and, recognizing him as a Wiki-Warrior, walks over to him in order to make acquaintance.

Exiting the front door of the (Now even more) decrepit Geist des Todes Manor, OceanSoul breathes in a sigh as she sees the rest of the surroundings. Other than corpses and fire all around, the actual vegetation remains unchanged, which gives her a few seconds of calm before heading down to the lake. It's water is, for once, in color. Blue ripples dance across it as an ethereal glow makes it seem even more pristine and beautiful. As she looks in, she sees even more color inside of it, though the visual is less pretty. In a burning city, crucified in a hasty manner with nails through every point on the body, stands a creature in a black, loose-fitting robe. Rather then skin, sand covers the creature's bones, which seems to flake off as every interval. "The Rainmaker. He will start Earth IV's apocalypse. This is one timeline where we live." says a voice behind her. When OceanSoul turns around, she is roughly shoved into the lake, which begins to drag her in. Another woman comes up behind her pusher, who is wearing a suit and has both a bleeding left eye and a double barreled shotgun. The woman has bandages over her eyes, and is wearing a cloak over what looks like hunting gear. "Greed, did you have to do that?" she says, to which "Greed" responds "...Nah, but when have you known me for subtlety?". And with that, OceanSoul opens her eyes and wakes up in the normal kitchen, where she can see Fallacy of Urist walk towards an Eclipse Trooper.

The H.I known as Person reads over all possible variables, and chooses to walk up the stairs with the rest.

With a wave of her hand, the Korean Swordsmen guard the bottom of the stairs as the other Wiki-Warriors climb up, letting Pirate Joanna also climb up. Taking the initiative, she climbs up to the door and carefully opens it. [Sneak: 4] Unfortunately for her, the creaking door prevents her from getting the edge, as she sees Herzog and BiggerFish suddenly cloak from view.

Skating forward to new and unknown territory, The Moonlit Shadow was going to look for more people, but two Wiki-Warriors have already been seen: a positively shiny man with a cricket bat, and a Japanese musician just starting to rise from some unknown slumber. With that, Shadow begins looking around for anything he can use. [7] He sees a weapon dropped by one of the Zombies near the corpse of its owner, and goes to pick it up. It's a Combat Knife, its blade [Quality: 8] as sharp and clean as when it was manufactured.
Combat Knife gained! Make sure to stab the right things with it, m'kay?

Soon, the door bursts back open as Hawk, shaking from blissful rage, looks around for the German and the Traitor. [Spot Check: 2-2 (Invisibility Spell)] Not only are they completely gone, but there's nothing up there to even make her think there's anything. It's as if there was a false positive.

[Intimidation: 1] The Zombies are, obviously, undeterred by Mr. Honey Island Swamp Monster busting up in the room and killing one of their own, and so rush forward to attack. [10 v 5] [Coin Flip (Heads Bite, Tails Scratch): Heads] With a large bit from some of them, they [Medical: 4-2 (Crit Attack)] breach the scales and skin. Blood flows out of open wounds as Dolosus can feel the Necroa Virus course through his veins. Stumbling back, the Zombies approach...

BSN: FINALLY...REIGNBOTHORROR HAS COME BACK...TO YOUTUBE! ...oh, and I'm on Bay12 again...that's not important.

But seriously, here it is! The latest turn. As I said on Discord (here's the link), I'm writing FanFiction. While that is what my creativity is focusing on, its writing style got me into writing this turn! Hence the greater amount of detail and more flowery descriptions.

I'll include the sheets in the post that I'll use to bump the thread, so make sure to scroll up. :)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 11:00:27 am by Greatness942 »
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: May 15, 2017, 11:15:01 am »

Spoiler: Hawk132 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Person (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NRDL (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: DolosusDoleus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: FallacyofUrist (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: PirateJoe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ocean Soul (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TheBiggerFish (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Moonlit Shadow (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Firebird105 (click to show/hide)

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: May 15, 2017, 11:28:47 am »

Figure out where everyone else has gone, and catch up with the group.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: May 15, 2017, 11:52:17 am »

If there's zombies, Fallacy draws his bats and starts whacking. If there aren't, Fallacy locates his shopping cart and reclaims it.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: May 15, 2017, 11:56:44 am »

Text Abigail and think to Herzog:

<[We need a plan.]>

Think to Herzog:
<What have we got, assets-wise, for getting out of here?>
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: May 15, 2017, 12:17:00 pm »

Continue searching for Herzog in the upstairs area.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: May 15, 2017, 12:43:05 pm »

((Soo... How many turns until I turn into a zombie?))

Canary Cry the zombies and flee the room. Once a sufficient distance away, use biology skills to determine a cure for the Necroa virus. If possible, also begin searching the house for gas and a source of fire.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: May 15, 2017, 12:45:30 pm »

((Are those guys NPCs, or...?))
Communicate with my godly British accent. If they don't seem hostile, see if I can tri wield the combat knife with my two other swords, obviously using my awesome ninja skills.
Also be ready to use said ninja skills the way they're supposed to be used by fleeing if they are hostile.

Nope! They're other players.

Canary Cry the zombies and flee the room. Once a sufficient distance away, use biology skills to determine a cure for the Necroa virus. If possible, also begin searching the house for gas and a source of fire.

[Medical: 3] Within the Earth IV Mythos, Necroa only works when the target actually dies. While some serious symptoms occur, Zombification only really happens after death. Why am I explaining this? Because this is a different strain that'll work through an hour or so (so, four turns.)

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: May 15, 2017, 03:28:37 pm »

[Medical: 3] Within the Earth IV Mythos, Necroa only works when the target actually dies. While some serious symptoms occur, Zombification only really happens after death. Why am I explaining this? Because this is a different strain that'll work through an hour or so (so, four turns.)
This prompts me into a question, if a player becomes a hostile NPC do we get an article for killing them?

Also, turn

Proceed deeper into the building, doing the same quick search in each room. If my drone sees a moving zombie it is to shoot the zombie, if I hear the distinctive sound of my drones Mass Accelerator gun firing, I will turn around quickly, and if the zombie is still standing, throw my chisel into its neck
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 03:36:44 pm by Failbird105 »
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 106