Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Decided to start a poll about it. Do you guys want intermissions, with both backstories and the events after a Chapter?

Yes. Backstories about our characters, which may answer questions? Seeing the world after the destructive chapters? Yes, please!
- 2 (40%)
Nah. We should just start Chapter 2/3/5/291, and put background info in the Chapter itself.
- 0 (0%)
Why ask, Greatness? It's your game, if you want this sort of thing, just do it already.
- 3 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: July 20, 2016, 05:13:00 pm

Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 106

Author Topic: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm  (Read 139920 times)

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm: Chapter IV, Round XI (10/10, 0 On Waitlist)
« Reply #1395 on: June 26, 2017, 02:54:36 pm »

are there any windows in the room?

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: June 27, 2017, 02:15:38 pm »

Activate ability Declaration of Independent Devastation to summon Mexican warriors. Then, create a shield around myself for one turn while running towards the Abisko Scientific Research Station.   

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: June 27, 2017, 09:06:14 pm »

are there any windows in the room?

Good question! Indeed there are. There's one to the left of where the Zombie's are, close to a bed I described when Dolosus went over there.

Activate ability Declaration of Independent Devastation to summon Mexican warriors. Then, create a shield around myself for one turn while running towards the Abisko Scientific Research Station.   

Declaration of Independent Devastation needs a turn to charge. You can set it up now, but it will take until next turn for your warriors to actually spawn in.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: June 29, 2017, 12:59:03 am »

Keep attacking hawk until he dies. If he does so before my turn, I start looking for a safe exit way to leave the mansion. Otherwise, loot hawk of anything valuable/useful.

"I'm detecting an usual increase in temperature. It may be wise to evacuate."
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: June 29, 2017, 01:25:02 pm »

Vacate the room through the window at high speeds, attempt to get a shot off at the closest zombie as I make my escape. The drone follows, flying backwards and firing again at the zombie who damaged it.

"NOT sticking around here!"

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: July 05, 2017, 07:22:16 am »

*bump for BiggerFish and OceanSoul*
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: July 09, 2017, 12:47:40 pm »

I am so sorry for the long delay, guys! I've been more focused on other games, my fanfics, this tabletop RPG campaign I've been in, and my only-recently normal sleep schedule, and so it's been a little while since I've wanted to do this. I'll start work on the turn either tonight or tomorrow, and the turn itself is coming soon. Again, I am so sorry for the delay.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: July 17, 2017, 08:39:13 am »

Chapter IV: Herzog
Elimination
Part XIII: Objective Motivation
Herzog's Manor/Hideout, Close to the Abisko Research Station, Sweden
Early Evening, Fully Cloudy, 7/23/2016

After retrieving the Chaos Emeralds from the attic, NRDL turns around with an odd heat licking at the soles of his shoes, and asks "Herzog, if you're listening to me, what the hell are we meant to do? We kill you, we play into someone else's hands. What is your plan here?", before continuing the search for more Chaos Emeralds. [8-2 (Rarity [Only Two Left])] He feels Chaos energy emanating from somewhere else in the attic, and so goes over to the most likely place it can be. Boxes upon boxes are stacked up in the corner, and the Chaos energy is emanating from there. Before he can grab it, Herzog replies. "I aim to survive. There is someone in another timeline who wants this book. I aim to learn how to open a Rift with this, and give it to them for safe-keeping. I need time to find out how to do it."

PirateJoe, peering down at the determined Hawk, simply sighs before trying to stab Hawk with StormFlower's pistol blades. [8 v 10-3] StormFlower stabs into Hawk's cheeks from a misplaced blow, which may be because she moved her head as this heat burned at her back. Joe can feel it too, heat burning at the soles of her feet.

Standing up from the grassy ground, dirt sticking to his sleeves, Fallacy of Urist dusts himself off and looks at the house. The first and second floor are basically engulfed in flame, the third one isn't too far and [Flame Damage: 3] while the house is actually holding itself together well, it can't possibly take much more. Sighing, Fallacy says "Well, best get to work. " and looks around for him. [9] Without much question, Fallacy knows exactly where he is: the third floor. And luckily for him, there's a plane close by.

As the flames continue to torch the wood of the mansion, Dolosus Doleus simply continues watching with a "Hmmph.

Not content to just watch the manor burn, Lord Lemonpie scoffs and dashes towards his bomber, basically flying in from his speed as he activates it. [9+2 (Piloting Bonus)] The plane bursts to life, already releasing it's grip on the ground as it begins darting upward. While the plane flies, Lemonpie activates his vampiric speed and essentially glides with ease throughout the craft, checking the area for items of interest. [4+2 (Demolitions)] [6+2 (Piloting)] [9] First, the payload. Around six bombs await their fate of dropping on some poor bastard, each one primed and ready to detonate. Six ready-to-use parachutes await each wall. What catches Lemonpie's eye, however, is a conspicuous mask lying on the ground. Turning it over, the two fangs and sunken eyes make him smile. The Stone Mask, created by the beings now known as the Pillar Men thousands of years ago. Affixing it to his face, he awaits his new power...and feels nothing. Removing it, he looks at it confused [Lore Check: 4+2], until he suddenly remembers the key ingredient to actually activating it: blood. You need blood to power the Stone Mask up. There was something else that needed to be added to the Mask to make it do something else, but that's unimportant right now.

As High Tyrol opens his eyes for the first time, he looks at the burning mansion with awe as he rises to his feet. Looking down, he wraps his hands around the handles of the particle cannon, feeling power course through it. Instantly activating his shield, he stomps his feet, beginning the process of summoning his Mexican warriors, before backing up and running towards the nearby research station.

With a robotic scoff, Person looks down at Hawk and raises it's swords to the air. [8 v 10-3, 7 v 6-3] The first blade once again grazes the skin, but that distracts as the second blade rakes across her skin, spreading more blood. [Medical Check: 10] And yet someone, she holds on, her breath actually quickening. [8 v 3-3] With a ridiculously quick slash, Hawk's head actually flies off in a bloody arc. Kneeling down, Person loots Hawk's poison blades, before a curious readout stops it. It says "I'm detecting an usual increase in temperature. It may be wise to evacuate.", before suddenly feeling an odd sense: new powers.
Person killed a hostile PC! It gets:
http://gta.wikia.com/wiki/Turismo: +Black Turismo

Or rather, a new car, as a shiny new Ferrari, or something similar, suddenly rolls up next to the manor. The keys suddenly appear in their hand.

Failbird realizes what he has to do, and thus does the only rational thing to do in a situation like this. He immediately runs over to a window to through himself through. [5 v 3] While running, he fires his three-round burst M-4 Shuriken into a Zombie, two shots connecting into it's chest, though it barely flinches. [Damage Check: 5] He throws himself through the glass. While neither the act nor the shrapnel affect him, landing heel-first on the ground does bruise him, though nothing major happens. "NOT[I/] sticking around there!" he shouts, as his drone flies after him [5-1 v 1] while a volley from it's gun kills the Zombie that attacked it in retaliation.

(Idle) OceanSoul and BiggerFish both wait, trying to come up with a plan.

Suddenly, Hawk rises up, her flesh rapidly decaying. She has become Hallow, though she is still dead.

The Moonlit Shadow attempts to burst through the house [8] and slams through the door with ease. Now outside, he begins the process of skating around the manor, hoping to cast a Frost spell. [2] However, he finds one thing wrong with the plan almost immediately: his skates aren't Magic. Well, they can do magic. Not what I mean. They can't skate on any surface. He can't skate on grass. There needs to be an alternative plan.

"You raise an excellent point, H.I, so how about we do this: People who support me, help me out. Those who want to kill me for the rewards, give us a head-start. Sound good? Sounds good to me, ja." Herzog says, slightly decloaking as light shines around his translucent form.

BSN: Kept you waiting, huh?

So, yeah, more time will be spent here. I might go on another break to write more, and I obviously can't spend as much time on Bay12 as I did when I started out. But I am not, nor will I ever go on an unannounced hiatus again.

So, sheet time? Sheet time.

Spoiler: Person (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NRDL (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: DolosusDoleus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: FallacyofUrist (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: PirateJoe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ocean Soul (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TheBiggerFish (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Failbird105 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Lord_lemonpie (click to show/hide)

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: July 17, 2017, 08:48:36 am »

Continue watching the house burn. Contemplate the biology of the necroa virus.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: July 17, 2017, 08:53:39 am »

Exit the house. No way I'm staying in here.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: July 17, 2017, 01:48:41 pm »

"Nothing personal Hawk."

Loot him, clean my blades before putting them away, get the hell out of dodge. Where's my car? Outside? Seems like a good place to be.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: July 17, 2017, 05:51:16 pm »

Exit the house. No way I'm staying in here.

You're not in the house right now.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: July 17, 2017, 06:04:53 pm »

"Tell me what you want done then, Herzog. I'm tired of fighting for no reason. I'm curious to see where this goes."

There's probably some sort of fire downstairs. Grab Chaos Emerald and get out.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: July 17, 2017, 08:04:20 pm »

In that case, look on as the house burns.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: July 18, 2017, 04:14:47 pm »

Sighing, I looked around for a way to get out of the house and not die, not that it really mattered. Even if I died, I would just get revived in some way for another go at getting my damn wish, but I had a plan.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 106