Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Decided to start a poll about it. Do you guys want intermissions, with both backstories and the events after a Chapter?

Yes. Backstories about our characters, which may answer questions? Seeing the world after the destructive chapters? Yes, please!
- 2 (40%)
Nah. We should just start Chapter 2/3/5/291, and put background info in the Chapter itself.
- 0 (0%)
Why ask, Greatness? It's your game, if you want this sort of thing, just do it already.
- 3 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: July 20, 2016, 05:13:00 pm

Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106

Author Topic: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm  (Read 140003 times)

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm: Chapter IV-2, Round III (9-10/10, 0 On Waitlist)
« Reply #1545 on: February 16, 2018, 07:58:03 pm »

Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: February 16, 2018, 08:03:17 pm »

Spoiler: Response (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 02:41:53 pm by DolosusDoleus »
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: February 17, 2018, 01:11:32 am »

Spoiler: Pro-Herzog (click to show/hide)
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

GigaGiant

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering down at you
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm: Chapter IV, Round XV (10/10, 0 On Waitlist)
« Reply #1548 on: February 17, 2018, 06:33:22 pm »

Repeat previous action

Spoiler:  Pro Herzog (click to show/hide)
Insert witty signature here

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: February 19, 2018, 10:04:04 am »

Spoiler: My Team Only(plus GM) (click to show/hide)
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1550 on: February 20, 2018, 07:54:59 am »

Can I join the Waitlist?
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: February 20, 2018, 01:37:04 pm »

Can I join the Waitlist?

Why yes, you can! In fact, I think we have a free spot should Bigger Fish be unable to join, so you might actually join in during the full Chapter V!
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: February 20, 2018, 01:48:45 pm »

Spoiler: anti-here's dog (click to show/hide)

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: February 21, 2018, 03:39:36 pm »

Sorry about the wait.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: March 15, 2018, 05:00:34 am »

((Sorry for the (luckily shorter than last time) hiatus. I was sick, and under a fleeing willingness to do much. Hopefully, a new update will come soon.))
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: March 16, 2018, 09:23:12 am »

As a spectator, I think that this round seems to be taking a looong time compared to the first two.

Maybe we could try doing something to encourage people to speed up the round or something? Like some form of disaster happening that's localized entirely within the arena, which gets closer to the center as the round goes on?

Anyways, I'd like to enter the waitlist.
it's over

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: March 16, 2018, 12:52:09 pm »

Really? It seems like it's going faster, over longer hiatuses to me. But I'm not playing, so maybe it's different from the other perspective?

Anyways, I'd like to enter the waitlist.

Added!

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: March 25, 2018, 05:30:18 pm »

Chapter IV-2: Duel of the Runner Ups
Team Deathmatch
Part IV: Pain and Gain
Chapala, Jalisco, Mexico
Afternoon, Sunny, 7/23/2016

With a heavy sign, Joe closes his eyes and shakes his head of stress. Clear irritation passed through his brain, and he felt his muscles tense up as Failbird exits his car. One last chance before he enters the vehicle of the one bat, with the tools he requires. He aims down the sights, and fires at the engine. [8] The bullet slams through the hood of the car, igniting oil and burning through metal as the bullet ruptures the engine block. Failbird leans it to turn off the engine, but it's too late: a fire emerges from inside the hood. [3 v 8] Failbird leaps into the air in alarm and runs just in time as the car detonates, sending shrapnel and fire every which way. Failbird looks back [8], and is relieved to see that, besides scuffing the paint, the Batmobile is fine.

Dolosus Doleus yells at the elephant, trying to coerce it to stand in spite of the pain, [7+2] and rouses it. It stands back up, and honks it's horn in defiance as it charges back towards Person. [2 v 3] Person barely makes it out of the way of the charge, feeling skin smack asphalt as the elephant misses him, though the momentum carries it to poor Michael Esping. [1 v 6-2 (No Mobility)] Unfortunately, the wall Michael's leaning on still exists, and the elephant smacks into it, sending it back. No damage is incurred, aside from a rude ringing in it's ears.

Through heavy breathing and shattered ribs, the still Deinonychus-like NRDL grimaces as it tries to muster the energy to work through the pain. [8] And it does! Despite the wheezing and coughing, NRDL stands on his hind legs, clacking and tapping his vicious claw against the ground before charging straight for Fallacy! [4 v 1] Despite an awkward angle, NRDL still manages to catch Fallacy off guard, leaping up and digging a terrible claw against his bleeding shoulder. More blood pours out, staining the ground as Fallacy grows noticeably paler.

Bursting out through the doorway, GigaGiant rushes towards Fallacy of Urist, sword held high as he yells in defiance. [10 v 7] While he doesn't catch the insta-kill heart stab, he does stab straight his chest anyway. With a loud gasp, Fallacy grows even paler as he begins losing a heavy, worrying amount of blood. Not helped by Giant then roughly shoving the sword back out, sending Fallacy sprawling to the ground.

In spite of the pain and copious blood loss, Fallacy still waves a hand over NRDL attempting to summon an ultimate attack: the DINOSAUR TRAIN! ...I thought putting it in all-caps would make it cooler, sue me. [2-2 (Blood Loss/Injuries)] Not only does he not summon the train, but attempting to use his power in this state has only increased the amount of blood-loss, hastening his end by two turns! He resolves not to use this power until he can escape.

Wasting no time, Failbird leaps in and begins driving away.

Also wasting no time, Person reloads his Zwei Fasser with a scowl, and slowly approaches the elephant. [8 v 5] He aims both barrels towards the head of the giant, and pulls both triggers. Blood and small bits of skull erupt as the elephant rears back [10], but it is not only calmed by Dolosus, but it also directs it's pain as rage. [5 v 5] It throws it's trunk out, but misses Person by miles! The elephant is bleeding out heavily, but it clearly won't go down easily.

[3 v 1] Suddenly, Dolosus gets a bullet through the forearm, sending pain sprawling through him! Michael's musket smokes as he himself grimaces in agony. "S-Sir!", he gags out, "Maybe if the rider dies, the damned beast will get spooked and run off!

Joe's Wax Dummies immediately race after the Batmobile.

BSN: Well, luckily, it was a shorter hiatus.

I do have to apologize for their being one, though. I was sick, as previously stated, but it also took me until today to feel like writing. Sorry. Hopefully, I haven't continued to disappoint.

Spoiler: FallacyofUrist (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Failbird105 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: DolosusDoleus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: GigaGiant (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Person (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NRDL (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: piratejoe (click to show/hide)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: March 25, 2018, 10:56:29 pm »

Spoiler: Pro-Herzog (click to show/hide)
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: March 26, 2018, 06:54:43 pm »

Hm, shouldn't my +2 to firearms have applied to the Zwei Fasser? Edit: Yeah it did apply last time.

"I've heard elephants are supposed to be stubborn, but this is ridiculous."

Well, let's go with this.
Spoiler: Pro-Herzon (click to show/hide)
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106