Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Decided to start a poll about it. Do you guys want intermissions, with both backstories and the events after a Chapter?

Yes. Backstories about our characters, which may answer questions? Seeing the world after the destructive chapters? Yes, please!
- 2 (40%)
Nah. We should just start Chapter 2/3/5/291, and put background info in the Chapter itself.
- 0 (0%)
Why ask, Greatness? It's your game, if you want this sort of thing, just do it already.
- 3 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: July 20, 2016, 05:13:00 pm

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 106

Author Topic: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm  (Read 139926 times)

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm
« Reply #210 on: April 25, 2016, 02:05:53 am »

((Damn. But no, that is entirely fair. No amount of luck can save you from being shot point blank in the head. But yes, I would like back on the waitlist please.))
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: April 25, 2016, 03:29:39 am »

((I was kinda hoping my bonuses to Soccer and Bobsledding would have kicked in to help with the training. And what exactly does Catholic Practice cover? It didnt seem to apply when I prayed before, but would it apply to the conventional practice where a bunch of people repeat the same prayers over and over again while asking for stuff?))

"Tell me, Brother Aswell. Why do you think God would allow me to call you if he did not have greater plans for us both? You saw what the others could do. Their power, or the power of those that granted them power, could destroy this world. And not in the Revelations way. In the way that would result if every country launched nukes at each other. I believe God has brought us together to stop this, and for that we will need the full support of the Church. Let's look over that letter."

Use my knowledge of Catholic Practice to help Brother Aswell write his letter, and to host a special Mass where we get everyone in the church to pray for God to send a host of archangels, or just angels, to assist Brother Aswell and myself in our crusade against the other Wiki Warriors, other than TCM. Try to get this service televised by using my Catholic Practice and TV Production skills to try to reach as wide of an audience as I can. Then go keep training the Soccer and Bobsledding teams if I have time, using my knowledge of Soccer and Bobsledding to help.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 04:13:16 am by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: April 25, 2016, 03:44:28 am »

@DigitalDemon: Waitlsited.

@Beirus: Since prayer is something that can be attributed to any religion, it doesn't count as something exclusively Catholic. In my mind, Catholic Practice is the assistance of Catholicism. So, yeah, the bonus won't kick in if you pray, but it will kick in if other Catholics are assisting you, or if you do something exclusively Catholic, such as using knowledge of how the Vatican works to get Aswell into the position of Cardinal, that make sense? As for the Soccer and Bobsledding, it honestly slipped my mind. Sorry, I'll make sure to add the bonus to you teaching those activities as well as performing them yourself.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: April 25, 2016, 04:14:57 am »

((Alright, cool. And I edited my action to throw in some training after all my Catholic stuff, if I have time.))

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: April 25, 2016, 09:21:24 am »

"Preparations are over. Time to wreak havoc."

Grab the RPD. Look for some webbing and other LBE gear to enhance my ammo carrying capacity. Then check if there are any grenade launchers in the armory. In order of preference - Milkor MGL>China Lake>M79. If grenade launcher is found, sling it over my shoulder (I mean literally, since it should have a tactical sling). Load up on ammo, focus mostly on 7.62x39mm for the RPD, but don't forget to take some grenades (about 2 reloads worth for the Milkor and China Lake. If I only got the M79 or an equivalent, take ~10 'nades) so that I have an 'oh shit' button at the ready. Then go outside and look for other Wiki Warriors. Once a Warrior is found, fill them with lead.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: April 26, 2016, 09:04:42 am »

Well then.  The Beatles can take over the concert-ing.

I'll just enjoy the show.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: April 26, 2016, 09:30:30 am »

Ardent and the Townsfolk attempt to End NRDL once and for all.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: April 26, 2016, 11:36:23 am »

Continue training the Elite Rwandan Strike Team.

Offer an attachment of Rwandan National Guards to aid the Moroccan government in finding their princess.

Begin a smear campaign on the other Wiki-Warriors (besides Beirus) claiming that they are part of anti-Muslim conspiracy sent out by NATO to cause destruction and death in the Middle East under the guise of a harmless game show.

Speaking of Beirus, donate the equivalent of $100,000 U.S. dollars to his sports cause, allowing them to purchase the best equipment, better trainers and medical support, etc. If we can win a medal in the Olympics, it will surely boost the international influence and prestige of Rwanda.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: April 26, 2016, 04:48:57 pm »

The new turn will come soon, or at least it'll come today.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: April 26, 2016, 08:21:38 pm »

Match 1: Deathmatch
Round 13: Elite Force
Parliament, Rwanda
7:41 PM (in Central Standard Time), Sunny Weather, July 18th, 2016

Beirus, speaking to Aswell as he continues to write the letter, says, "Tell me, Brother Aswell. Why do you think God would allow me to call you if he did not have greater plans for us both? You saw what the others could do. Their power, or the power of those that granted them power, could destroy this world. And not in the Revelations way. In the way that would result if every country launched nukes at each other. I believe God has brought us together to stop this, and for that we will need the full support of the Church. Let's look over that letter.". Aswell, trusting Beirus, allows Beirus to write the letter in his name. (9+2) Beirus crafts a beautiful letter about Aswell's accomplishments, and accolades. He then posts it in a Parcel System that has a route going through the Vatican. Beirus then walks back to the training room, to see all his students ready to go for the Olympics. Seeing as how the Olympics won't be for a few months, they still need training. (9+3(Soccer)+1(Bobsledding)) The Training goes to the absolute limit, and everyone goes to their absolute highest potential. So much so, that they're pretty much set. They don't need anymore training as they are essentially Champions of what they do. All the men and women in the room continue training without Beirus's guidance, self-training machines ready to take home the gold! ...In a few months, anyway, but when that happens, Rio!

TCM, the current King of the small African country of Rwanda, continues training his Rwandan Assassin Squad, that he has dubbed the Elite Force. (10) Two 20 man teams equal 40 assassins. Why am I giving you a Math Lesson? Simple, TCM just got 40 well trained Assassins, that's why! ...Ahem, anyway. He then proceeds to donate the cash, which gives the already monstrously powerful Rwandan Sports Teams an even bigger advantage against the other teams! He then sends an attachment of the normal Rwandan Military to Morocco, after it's leader agrees, so long as they can find the Princess. (3) Aside from a few clues including a hand drawn map in her old room with what appear to be stains from spilled water, and a written message saying, needless to say very insane things. Things like "He is the first," and "The Light leaving them." are scattered on the page. After that, King TCM then proceeds to begin his smear campaign, to get the other Wiki-Warriors accused of Anti-Muslim agenda. (10) TCM's grand smear speech accuses TheBiggerFish, PirateJoe, NRDL, Hawk, and Ardent as being spies sent by NATO to perform terrorist acts in Afghanistan, with the intent of destroying the government so that that the person who put this together, Jess Warner, can allow the Warner Industrial Program to expand into a Mega-Corporation that'll control world economy. At this, the Rwandan people begin cheering for their king, and begin making plans to raid the area. Phase One is complete...

Essex, United Kingdom

TheBiggerFish gets them ready for the concert, giving them their instruments and refreshments. The 4 go out and give the best set they have. BiggerFish finds their music wonderful. (2) But while it seems the Modern People agree that the music is good, the concert is still ruined by one thing, or a couple of deaths and some aging. "John Lennon and George Harrison are dead, and Ringo and Paul don't look this young!" shouts one man, while another merely says, "I thought Paul was dead, too". At that, the Concert devolves into chaos, with BiggerFish and the Beatles escaping. After they get outside, though, they find a TV playing in a shop window, because that's still a thing. The TV is playing a News Broadcast, about a possible attack on a Village in Afghanistan. While it's not the actual Wiki-War they're talking about, it's clear they may find out. The Broadcast is about how several people, including BiggerFish, are actaully Terrorists sent by Jess Warner to topple the government. (6) Luckily for him, a Vocal Majority of the people watching the Broadcast, in Essex anyway, either don't care, or simply believe it to be a Smear Campaign, and those who do believe it's true can't really do anything about it.

Sleepy Village, Muqur District, Badghis, Afghanistan

PirateJoe runs off from the Village, going to a small clearing where he begins to cast his Wind Magic once again! (4+1) It's only 1 normal sized tornado, (9) but it's current path will have it make passes to everyone in the Town!

(9 v 1) The Military is first, and the Tornado wipes most of them out in seconds, their bodies flying through the air, and crashing into nearby buildings. Only one survives, and it's the SPAS-12 soldier with a shard of ice in his eye, who got out of the way of the resulting burst of Wind Magic.

(9 v 3) It then makes a pass to the Library, where some Militia get dragged off. However, the now 13 man Militia run inside, but that probably won't help.

(7 v 10) It then bursts inside the Library heading straight for Ardent! Ardent then uses his energy absorbing powers to take the Wind Magic, charging up his powers again!

Despite the fact that only a few soldiers and Militia, it was still better than nothing. PirateJoe then tries to find a vehicle, to escape from this place, or to run down someone. (6) He finds a still functioning station wagon parked near the clearing, with a sticky note on the windshield, saying "For PirateJoe! Who I may be seeing soon..."

NRDL, hiding out in a house near the outskirts of town, tears of pieces of his clothes in order to make bandages. (1-2 (Weakness and Injuries)) However, a combination of sheer pain and and being near unconsciousness prevents him from even taking off a scrap. Still, he stands, ready to fight, or at least ready to live.

Speaking of NRDL's hypothetical death, we have Ardent and the Militia, along with Basher, ready to take NRDL on. They charge forward, barging into houses to try to find him. (8) While the Militia run around the town, Ardent sneaks in through the back door of a house, and sees NRDL prepared to fight anyone who comes through the front door. After Ardent takes a trip back to grab his Masterwork Broadsword from birdy's corpse, he then sneaks back in, and prepares a backstab. (3+1 (Sneaking) v 10-2) However, Ardent makes too much noise, and NRDL sidesteps before attempting an attack of his own. (5-2 v 6) Ardent sidesteps a punch from NRDL, and the two stare eachother down...

Speaking to himself, Hawk says, "Preparations are over. Time to wreak havoc.". He then picks up the RPD, checking the drum magazine to find an impressive 100 rounds, which is standard for the firearm. He then picks up and additional 2 drum magazines, each with 100 rounds, and attaches slings in over his shoulder with a tactical sling. He then tries to find a way to carry even more rounds, (2) but decides against it, as 300 rounds of ammo should be enough to take anyone down. He then looks for 3 grenade launchers he wanted. (4) He does find ammo for the Milkor MGL, but it appears the gun itself was taken. (9) He does manage to find the China Lake, which he slings over his shoulder. He then picks up 2 HE Grenades, and loads them in, before taking an additional 4 HE Grenades to make 2 additional reloads. He grabs the RPD and looks for a Wiki-Warrior. (3) He doesn't see anyone at first, but if he keeps looking...

"You know, we haven't really shown up in a while." "Is that a bad thing?" "...Nah, let's keep watching."

PirateJoe is about to get into the Station Wagon, before the sound of a shotgun shell being loaded into a gun stops whatever train of thought he had. "You...You killed my squad. I-I want revenge!" The One Eyed Soldier says, pointing his SPAS-12 at PirateJoe. (2 v 3) Joe rolls out of the way of the shot, before rising to his feet, and aiming his Makarov at The One Eyed Soldier's face. "If you want to live, you'll get over it."

As the Militia run from house to house, Basher notices his leader's disappearance. Finding the house that Ardent is in, he notices the epic stare down NRDL is giving him, and Ardent is giving right back. Deciding to wait until Ardent's in trouble, Basher hides behind a wall.
-----------------------
Spoiler: piratejoe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NRDL (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hawk132 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Beirus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ardent Debater (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TCM (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TheBiggerFish (click to show/hide)
-------------------------
I've been thinking of speeding the ingame clock up, from 2 turns equaling one minute, to 1 turn equaling 5 minutes, in this match instead of the next one. Should that be the case, or should I tweak that a bit?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: April 26, 2016, 08:30:30 pm »

Well let's try that again.  Calm the crowd if at all possible.

"Yes, they died.  However, magic.  I don't know how nor, really, why, but they're back now and I went to all this bloody trouble to get them here and you're just rioting for no good reason?  Hmph.  I thought you were better than that."
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 09:14:31 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: April 26, 2016, 09:04:42 pm »

"Now, if you would be so kind as to drop your gun and let me be on my way tha'd be nice..." If he try's shooing me kill him, if he drops the gun get in the car gun still pointed at him and then floor it to Russia.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: April 26, 2016, 11:58:32 pm »

((Hey, so, I was reading though the past few turns and remembered that my prayer gave the Rwandan Military a buff that didn't ever seem to be applied. What's up with that? ))

Ok, now let's see about leading that service to pray for some smiting of enemy wiki-warriors or sending a host of archangels to help and protect us from any coming dangers from the other wiki-warriors (excluding TCM). Lead the service with the help of Brother Aswell and my knowledge of Catholic Practice.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: April 27, 2016, 12:09:02 am »

((Are my flash powers even working at this point?))

Run as far and as fast away as possible.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: April 27, 2016, 12:36:36 am »

@Beirus: Ah, man. I am just messing up aren't I? I'll apply it in the future for the Soldier in Sleepy Village, and since the Elite Force counts, them too. I have no real in universe reason, really. Again, sorry.

@NRDL: In my mind, your weakness and injuries are making it difficult to use the Speedforce, as you need to concentrate to access this sort of power. At least, that makes sense to me, anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 106