Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Decided to start a poll about it. Do you guys want intermissions, with both backstories and the events after a Chapter?

Yes. Backstories about our characters, which may answer questions? Seeing the world after the destructive chapters? Yes, please!
- 2 (40%)
Nah. We should just start Chapter 2/3/5/291, and put background info in the Chapter itself.
- 0 (0%)
Why ask, Greatness? It's your game, if you want this sort of thing, just do it already.
- 3 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: July 20, 2016, 05:13:00 pm

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 106

Author Topic: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm  (Read 138019 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm
« Reply #255 on: May 03, 2016, 04:30:15 am »

"Well.  It's a long story and I'm not sure whether there's an NDA in it.  But yes."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: May 04, 2016, 05:19:30 pm »

Ardent attempts to Awake at all costs!

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: May 04, 2016, 05:53:33 pm »

Continue the same service as last turn. Afterwards, go help with the Religious Meeting by using Soccer and Bobsledding analogies to explain how we need to work as a team, if that will activate my bonuses.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: May 04, 2016, 06:06:08 pm »

@Beirus: I'll allow the bonuses. The new turn shall come soon.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: May 04, 2016, 10:37:53 pm »

Match 1: Deathmatch
Round 17: A Mission From the Stars Above
Essex, United Kingdom
7:43 PM (CST, Approximate), Overcast, July 18th, 2016

BiggerFish ponders Abigail's request for an interview, before he nods his head and says, "Well.  It's a long story and I'm not sure whether there's an NDA in it.  But yes." Abigail then responds, voice wavering a bit, "O-Okay, then. Th-That sounds great! Just a f-few questions, sirs. I guess I should start with, h-how are John and George alive? And, what happened to bring you here?" BiggerFish then prepares his response...

Parliament, Rwanda
7:43 PM (Approximate, CST), Clear Night Sky, July 18th, 2016

Beirus attempts to use the power of God's wrath again, with the Catholic Church once again assisting. (7+2) He once again gets a Blessed Bolt, but it does not have it's power increase to be better at it's strike. Beirus then walks into the place where the talks are happening, and attempts to resolve the matter using analogies relating to the sport he's so good at. (2+3+1) He calms Imam Imara and Pope Angelus down enough to listen to reason, Brother Aswell giving a thumbs up in return.

TCM, deciding that even calmed down these two may not be the most agreeable, decides to create his Patent Pending Rwandan Flower Wine, which is a standard Red Wine with added ingredients such as Crushed Amethyst, Dandelion Wine, and Marijuana. Upon bringing the concoction to the table, Imam Imara says, "While this is a nice gesture, I'm afraid Wine just isn't under Halal. I am appreciative of the gesture, though.". Nodding his head, Angelus, TCM, and both of the Catholics in the room drink the Wine. It works wonders for their psyche, and the talks continue. (5) They get around to talking this time, but while some progress is made, it will take a bit to actually do anything. TCM then goes back into his private quarters, and responds with an affirmative on the interview. The Interviewer then responds with 4 questions: 1. What is this Wiki-War, and who started it? 2. Who are the competitors in this conflict, and did they volunteer? 3. How do you plan on stopping this conflict? and 4. How, exactly, do you plan on stopping me, huh?

Sleepy Crater, Muqur District, Badghis, Afghanistan

Ardent, having been re-stunned following the lightning strike, suddenly regains consciousness to see his men return to his side. Ready to march outward, the Militia re-groups to find a new plan of attack.

Hawk scouts around, looking for his targets, and finds the Elite Force and Cobra scouting for more people. Without making a sound, he loads an HE Grenade into the China Lake and pumps it, before aiming down the sights. (3+1 v 5+3) All of the opposition see him, however, and the Elite Force dodges. (10+3) Cobra actually uses his Holy Abilities to catch the Grenade, before flinging it back at Hawk! (8 v 4) The resulting explosion rocks Hawk, which propels him into a rock, causing the Forcefield (First Roll, Explosion, 8 damage. Second Roll, flung into a rock, 3 damage. 11 damage) minor damage, it's shape cascading.

?

NRDL, confused as to where exactly he is, attempts to use his power to find the nearest media device, so he can find his way. (8) He finds the signal is a TV, and he goes over to find it. He discovers a house, two floors, and he knocks on the door. A man answers the door, and NRDL inside once he explains his story. The Living Room is nice, there is a couch with Purple Upholstery. There is a FlatScreen TV opened up to Netflix. Next to the couch is a coffee table, with a book on it. It appears to be quite the large book, and it is labeled, "The Triad: The True Story of the Cult of Jericho." NRDL inquires about the book, to which the man says, "You can read that if you want. Long story short, it's about this real life, uh, society? I don't know, I can't explain crap."

Somewhere in Russia
7:43 PM (CST, Approximate), Clear Night Sky, July 18th, 2016

At a snow covered back north of a Kazakhstan land border into Russia, PirateJoe looks around, trying to find a town that he can use as a homebase of operations to become a Russian Spy. (5) He manages to find a small town in the snow bank, which, even at night, still has citizens walking around. After making small talk with one of the locals, he asks a young woman walking into a store where the person who runs the town is. (1) Unfortunately, the woman does not speak English, nor does she know anyone who can in the town. Deciding that's good enough, and with his leather armor providing warmth, Joe gets back in his Station Wagon, and continues driving to Moscow.

After dodging the explosive, The Elite Force could not afford to take anymore chances with Hawk. Since Cobra had the bigger gun, it was decided that he would finish the job, and if he died, the rest of the force would rush in afterward. Taking the R.I.S.E. Drone with him, Cobra raced into where Hawk was, which was a Forest near the town. After running in, he sees Hawk standing back up, none worse for wear. With a steady hand, Cobra aimed down the sights, and fired. (8+3 v 8) Despite hitting the Forcefield, it still rocks Hawk a bit. He quickly regains his footing, and aims at Cobra with his RPD. (5 v 8+3) 10 rounds fire out of the LMG, and 10 rounds hit the ground near Cobra. With guns aimed at eachother, it's only a matter of time... (1d10, 7 damage.)

(2) Suddenly, as NRDL is about to pick up the book, a bright flash erupts from the windows. (9 v 4) Lightning bolts in from the outside, which sends a current straight through NRDL! He does, however, survive. What does happen is that his skin and clothing get flash-burned. It's not heavy burns, but there is dead skin and charred flesh, his clothing torn and ripped.
-------------------------
Spoiler: PirateJoe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NRDL (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hawk132 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Beirus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ardent Debater (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TCM (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TheBiggerFish (click to show/hide)
-------------------------
You may have noticed me getting a little more wordy there. Well, that's because having it be more descriptive adds to the experience. Now, onto a quick little question. Should I continue using the clock system, or should I just do a simple day/night thing? I feel like the Clock makes things look like they take longer or vice versa, but I also like having that detail. What do you guys think?
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 11:21:32 pm by Greatness942 »
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: May 04, 2016, 11:24:37 pm »

What's going on with this interview thing? Did I miss something?
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: May 04, 2016, 11:27:43 pm »

@TCM: Oh, right, it was going to be a guest column. Well, maybe he needs a fact check straight from the King himself? I don't know, sorry man. I'll alter the turn if you want me to.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: May 04, 2016, 11:35:42 pm »

I get it now, it's no big deal.
I'm fine with however you handle the time aspect of the game. I suspect there are other people who are more effected by it anyhow.

"The Wiki-Wars are run by a privatized corporation that labels the game a sporting competition.

The competitors are volunteers who claim to be fighting for themselves but are merely pawns of the Wiki Warfare Corporation."

The King grins. "To answer your last too questions, how do you showcase a game with no competitors?"

Afterwards, check on how the religious leaders are doing.

The Elite Task Force should keep doing what they are doing. Inquire if we can send them further military support.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: May 04, 2016, 11:52:49 pm »

Ask the man, who Im hoping is a bit sympathetic to the fact I got Zeus'd up the ass, for some bandages and the name of where the hell I am.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: May 05, 2016, 12:18:48 am »

Слава России , лучшая страна , большая страна Just keep driving.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: May 05, 2016, 12:38:01 am »

"Magic."

Abridged version of the game's events.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: May 05, 2016, 01:21:54 am »

I've had enough of your shit, Cobra. Retreat and find a hiding place. Deter the Elite Force from following using grenades if necessary. Write a novel in which I repeatedly state that gods of any kind do not exist.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 01:23:27 am by Hawk132 »
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: May 06, 2016, 06:47:39 pm »

New turn will come at some point today. No specifics, just a heads up.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: May 06, 2016, 06:58:34 pm »

((It worries me that smitings from a being that is supposedly omnipotent have failed to kill anyone they hit.))

Continue helping the discussion with my soccer and Bobsledding metaphors, then go host another service using my Catholic Practice to pray for God to send a legion of archangels to hunt down Hawk132.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: May 06, 2016, 07:19:58 pm »

@Beirus: I suppose, thinking about it, the in-universe reason may be that Hawk even thinking of the idea has caused the smithing to lose power? I don't know, having the mere ability to actually be able to end the existence of someone like God would cause anyone to lose focus, even someone as omnipotent as God, due to the mere fact that possibility exists? I don't know, that was on the spot thinking. In any case, I apologize. I know it's not that big of a deal, or at least I hope it's not, but I probably could have called it better. I don't want to alter the turn to kill NRDL, nor do I think anyone wants me to.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 07:28:10 pm by Greatness942 »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 106