Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Decided to start a poll about it. Do you guys want intermissions, with both backstories and the events after a Chapter?

Yes. Backstories about our characters, which may answer questions? Seeing the world after the destructive chapters? Yes, please!
- 2 (40%)
Nah. We should just start Chapter 2/3/5/291, and put background info in the Chapter itself.
- 0 (0%)
Why ask, Greatness? It's your game, if you want this sort of thing, just do it already.
- 3 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: July 20, 2016, 05:13:00 pm

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 106

Author Topic: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm  (Read 140075 times)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm
« Reply #285 on: May 09, 2016, 09:51:47 pm »

"So we outfitted our best unit for perhaps the mission of the century and we neglect to give them rifles or grenades. Such is the Rwandan military."

With the religious conference between the Pope and Imam concluded, bid the leaders farewell but keep an open three-way system of communication.

Finally go visit the Middle Eastern princess now that the conference is over.

The Elite unit is continue pursuing in the destruction of Hawk, surround him between our forces and the Archangels!
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: May 09, 2016, 11:17:39 pm »

Go lead a service to pray for God to support the Archangels. If it'll help, use some soccer and Bobsledding metaphors like the ones I used in the religious meeting to show how the Archangels cold use our support like the athletes use the support of their fans.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: May 10, 2016, 08:50:21 am »

((TCM, why do you hate me so? I'm just a novelist.))

If the archangels aren't too close - 'nade to the face. Otherwise pin them down with LMG fire.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: May 10, 2016, 10:05:07 am »

((TCM, why do you hate me so? I'm just a novelist.))

If the archangels aren't too close - 'nade to the face. Otherwise pin them down with LMG fire.

((You literally tried to kill God.))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: May 10, 2016, 11:30:10 am »

((But God forgives all, doesn't He? He should be totally okay with it.))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: May 10, 2016, 11:42:10 am »

((List of people God doesn't forgive:
1. Satan
2. The Westboro Baptist Church
3. The Cleveland Browns and the entire city of Cleveland as an extension)

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: May 10, 2016, 08:52:33 pm »

@That Entire Exchange: All of this is utterly hilarious.

Anyway, new turn coming tomorrow, so stay tuned...
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: May 11, 2016, 09:48:36 am »

Match One: The Beginning
Gamemode: Deathmatch
Round 20: Legends of Old
Moscow, Russia
Time: Early Night. Weather: Overcast. Date: 7/18/2016

"I could ask the same thing to you, buddy. Now then, what's going on here?" says PirateJoe, attempting to prevent the gun toting teenager from causing him harm. The young man speaks up, saying, "What? Dude, you're trespassing, and we don't like trespassers." Before PirateJoe can speak up, the teen aims his gun up, and then he squeezes the trigger. [3 v 9] PirateJoe, quick like lightning, dodges the bullet, before charging at the boy. [9 v 1] As the teen points his gun back up, he attempts to fire, before learning that the first shot was also the last bullet. PirateJoe tackles him to the ground, and then says, in a voice utterly demented, "Talk." [1] Before the boy can speak, however, he laughs out, and says, "It's quite simple...223." The Boy suddenly drops to the ground, his eyes rolled back into his head in death. Spotting the boy's keys, Joe opens the door, and sneaks inside, not seeing anything at first. While inside, he becomes a bit more aware of the fact that he's currently bleeding out...

Essex, United Kingdom

BiggerFish rushes over to Abigail, and calms her down enough to get her to stop vomiting, before bringing her a bucket and nabbing cold medicine from a First Aid Kit backstage. After sitting down on a chair to calm himself, he simply says, "Well then.  He showed up.". Walking back over to Abigail, with a few words of sympathy, BiggerFish picks up her notebook, and begins reading. Aside from the things she wrote during the interview, which were normal and in touch, He sees a few things that are interesting. For starters, he sees a phone number with a "Call Me" written on it. Under that, however, were when things started going haywire. In a writing style different then Abigail's, specifically in a bolder font, was to be frank, oddities. Aside from a few nonsense phrases, BiggerFish could make out some things. For example, the number 223 was repeated in a few passages, and there appeared to be a coherent instruction for BiggerFish, which must be what Abigail scribbled down. "Check out this book at the local library, it'll give the answers!" Followed by a place on a bookshelf to find it.

Somewhere in Central Asia

After the bandages and ointment was applied, NRDL was ready to call it a day, but he still wanted answers. "Sure, yeah. I am curious about a lot of different things. One, exactly where am I, and what's the state of it? Any, like, military bases or anything?" said the flashy NRDL. Adam paused for a second, before saying, "Uzbekistan. You're in Uzbekistan. Everything's calm right now. No military bases, we are in the middle of plains right now." Nodding, NRDL then says, "Alright. Next, I need to know if there's, like, a Telecommunications building or something.". Adam then turns to him and says, "No. Sorry, but when I say middle of nowhere, it's probably means middle of nowhere.". Nodding again, NRDL then says, "Alright, and finally, what's your story, and what is it with this book, exactly?, gesturing to "The Triad: The True Story of the Cult of Jericho". Adam then looks to the book, before handing it to NRDL. He then responds with, "Just read it. As for the first thing, it's kinda top secret. All I can say is, there's a reason I have this book." Nodding once more, NRDL cracks open the book, it's contents being:
Spoiler: The Cult of Jericho (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Triad (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Legends (click to show/hide)
While there didn't seem to be a page for Exodus, there did seem to be pages missing. NRDL puts the book down, and just sits there, absorbing the knowledge he'd gained...

Parliament, Rwanda
Time: Early Night. Weather: Clear Night Sky. Date: 7/18/2016

TCM didn't do anything except stare at Drone Operator for about a solid minute before saying, "So we outfitted our best unit for perhaps the mission of the century and we neglect to give them rifles or grenades. Such is the Rwandan military.". The Drone Operator merely nods, before hurrying back to his station to check on the R.I.S.E. Drone. He bids the Religious Leaders farewell, but gives them a Skype Account to call, so that they may speak to TCM about matters as serious as this. TCM then sits down at the table, drinks some Rwandan Flower Wine, checks his watch, takes another sip, does a double take at the time, and then does a spit take at the fact that he's supposed to be meeting up with Princess Raheena Kader for their date. Racing over to the Airport in a Royal Limo, he charters a plane to the Middle East. [10] Luckily, the next plane there is not only boarding, but every seat in First Class is currently empty. Picking a chair, TCM boards the plane, and it takes off a few minutes after.

Beirus leads another service, this time to help the Archangels that are fighting Hawk, making sure to include Bobsledding and Soccer metaphors. [7+3+1] In the prayer, he mentions the power gifted to the military, and in turn, gives that power to the Archangels! [+3 Attack, +3 Defense]

Sleepy Crater, Muqur District, Badghis, Afghanistan

((Idle)) Ardent continues thinking of his master plan, which involves the deaths of everyone else, except him. He is struggling with the "how", however.

"I'm tired of this,", Hawk thought to himself as he stared at the other 2 Archangels. "Sick and tired. Sure, I wanted to kill God, but I didn't expect Angels to show up. Still, the less opposition, the better.". Pointing his RPD at Job and Esther, he clearly didn't expect God's Defense to show up again. [6 v 8+3] Hawk fires 9 shots at Job and Esther, but the bullets actually catch in mid-air, before being thrown back towards Hawk. [5+3 v 4] The Forcefield smashes the bullets, but it still damages the field. [10 damage]

While Job and Esther still stay back, Josiah races back to stab a Hawk! [8+3 v 8] The Forcefield blocks the blow, but God's Defense does make the field flicker and warp slightly. [CRIT! 2d10. 1 damage+4 damage=5 damage] Hawk turns back, only to seen Josiah standing there, gesturing.

After burning the pages, The Elite Force figured they could look for Hawk later, only to see a figure in white gesture to him. Pistols at the ready, they go over to see what the man wants, only to see Hawk right there. Hawk quickly realizes what's happening, just as bullets whiz out. [9+3 v 1] Suddenly, the Forcefield actually powers down, the sheer punishment making it incapable to function. Hawk pauses for just a second before attempting to run. [4] While he is blocked in, they don't seem eager to kill him just yet...
-------------------
As the moon rises to the sky, clocks strike 12:00 AM as Midnight appears, to grace us with the beautiful Moon.
------------------------
Before Sheet Note: World Building!

If you're wondering where 223 came from, from an OOC perspective, it was a random number I thought of when I made the Operator, and when I worked it into his back story, I wanted it to be similar to the Slenderverse show Marble Hornets, where numbers repeating meant Slendy was near.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/WordOfGod
-----------------------
Spoiler: piratejoe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NRDL (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hawk132 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Beirus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ardent Debater (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TCM (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TheBiggerFish (click to show/hide)
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: May 11, 2016, 10:16:04 am »

Okay now t- oh shit im still bleeding aren't i, huh, how did i forget that i must patch myself up before moving on.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: May 11, 2016, 10:18:00 am »

... goddammit damn you God. Grenades for everyone and everything. DESTROY ALL I CAN SEE. I ain't just gonna roll over and die.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: May 11, 2016, 10:37:38 am »

"That your number?"

Show Abigail the book reference.

"You're a reporter, I think this is a scoop you'd like."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: May 11, 2016, 04:52:56 pm »

"Hm.  So I'm guessing whatever organisation you're part of, is investigating this cult and the...things they worship?  Whatever.  These names seem familiar, but I couldn't really care less.  Don't suppose you know anything about the fighting going on in Badghis, Afghanistan?  The wiki-warriors?

Wait for an answer, then once he gives it, unless it's something desperately interesting, thank him for his help and head off to the largest nearby source of radio signals.

GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: May 11, 2016, 05:04:42 pm »

Fly to whichever country this Princess hails from.

Rwandan Elite Strike Force is to finish off Hawk for good.

Publish the identities of the other Wiki-Warriors online.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: May 11, 2016, 10:03:33 pm »

((So I decided to browse around the forum, and I saw that this (so far) little game has close to 300 replies, and 4,000 views! Once again, a ton of games meet numbers like this, but to actually have it happen is insane. I'm glad that people are enjoying it, because I certainly am! Yeah, it's nothing special, but I felt like making another post about that, because it's just so cool!))

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: May 13, 2016, 07:15:37 am »

New turn's coming soon, so it's a last call for the turn. No rush!  :D
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 106