Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Decided to start a poll about it. Do you guys want intermissions, with both backstories and the events after a Chapter?

Yes. Backstories about our characters, which may answer questions? Seeing the world after the destructive chapters? Yes, please!
- 2 (40%)
Nah. We should just start Chapter 2/3/5/291, and put background info in the Chapter itself.
- 0 (0%)
Why ask, Greatness? It's your game, if you want this sort of thing, just do it already.
- 3 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: July 20, 2016, 05:13:00 pm

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 106

Author Topic: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm  (Read 139959 times)

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2016, 10:06:50 pm »

Ardent and Demon weren't on today, should we go ahead and do the next turn, or should we wait until tomorrow?
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2016, 10:07:10 pm »

Give them a chance.

If it comes down to it, auto them saving themselves from the tornadoes, at least.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2016, 10:07:25 pm »

Yeah, a bit more time can't hurt.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2016, 10:11:19 pm »

You're right, I should be more patient. Another day or two shouldn't hurt things. Besides, that means I can think of some ideas for things that'll happen in the future!
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2016, 11:29:13 pm »

Oh no, tornadoes! Ye gads! Try and find a place to hide. If that fails, try and manipulate the water inside the tornado to protect me.
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2016, 09:09:40 am »

"Oh man... What happened last ni- HOLY SH** TORNADOES!!!"

A small man wearing a coat observes the others and upon seeing the Tornadoes promptly shits himself and runs away screaming to the nearest body of water, if there isn't one he'll jump into the nearest well, and Use his Ability: The Ocean, My Home.

((OOC: SORRY EVERYBODY.))

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2016, 09:12:41 am »

((It's okay, not everyone is as active as everyone else.))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2016, 11:53:16 am »

Yeah man, don't rush through your turns, have some free time. I will admit I've made the mistake of assuming I should spend every waking moment on a game...but, the games I've GM'd on BYOND's forums are for later.

Anyway, next turn's coming up soon, guys!
« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 12:02:02 pm by Greatness942 »

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2016, 12:41:29 pm »

(((It would be awesome if I could be waitlisted.))
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm-Round 1: Assumptions of Nature's Wrath
« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2016, 01:58:07 pm »

Match 1: Deathmatch
Round 1: Assumptions of Nature's Wrath
Muqur District, Badghis, Afghanistan
7:35 AM, Sunny Weather

After the invisible gunshot rang out, all of the contestants sprang to life.

NRDL runs into a nearby house, putting a finger up to his lips to silence the residents: a Mother, and 2 children.

"Looks like this place is about to get Helter Skelter." With some of the locals giving confusing nods, birdy51 suddenly points to piratejoe, and with deadly defiance, yells out "YOU ARE THE EGGMAN, I AM THE WALRUS!" (4+1) While the yell stopped pirate in his tracks, it didn't do much else. birdy then pulls out his guitar, and and attempts to strum out a summoning spell. (3+2) Halfway as effective as it needs to be, birdy still summons all 4 Beatles, but they don't have their instrument, nor weapons of any kind. "Hey, guys?" John said "Where are we, and where'd our gear go?". The other Beatles shook their heads in confusion.

Hawk bursts to life, running toward the nearest library looking area. (6) He finds a slightly decrepit library, no computers or the like, but what they do have is writing utensils, paper, and around 100-125 books, at least from Hawk's estimation. He snatches some paper, and a pencil, and sits down, about to begin his epic.

UR looks around for a Wiki-Warrior close by and sees the very rocking birdy about to prepare a sick beat with his friends, the Beatles. Sicks beats have to wait, as a Volleyball is coming right for him! (8+2 v. 10) Without even turning around, birdy punches it out of the air. What he does turn around for, is the primal yell let loose by UR, as they charge at birdy. (10+1 [Ice Hockey Bonus] v. 6) A loud crack can be heard, as birdy's kneecap quite suddenly dislocates, leading to him falling right down.

Beirus prays to God to a champion (Roll-less) and out comes a Bishop, carrying a sword, with a golden Cross as the hilt. "Brother Beirus? It is I, Brother Aswell! It is good to see you!" He then pulls out his sword, ready for conflict.

"Guess what? You're all going to DIE today, and there's nothing you can do about it!" piratejoe lets out, as he prepares to tornado this place this up! Suddenly, 2 very large tuning funnels of wind and cloud circle forth. While the Helicopter is unflinching, every citizen of the village, men, women, children, animals, all of them run into their houses, locking the door and hiding. They hit (6+1) accurately, hitting the house NRDL's at, and the library where Hawk is working. (1 v 6) NRDL, the residents, and the house are all unscathed, however, only some furniture falling over. (2 v 8) Yet again, the tornado barely does anything to Hawk's library, if it did anything at all.

The tornadoes do NOT dissipate, however, leading to the long coversation between TCM, TheBiggerFish, and Beirus and Aswell. All of them agreeing, they run into a house away from the tornado, but not before TheBiggerFish yells at the Chopper "ALSO, PEOPLE IN THE HELICOPTER, ARE YOU INSANE GET OUT OF HERE THERE ARE TORNADOES GOOD GRIEF."

DigitalDemon looks at the tornadoes for all of 2 seconds before forming his plan. (3) Despite having the powers of a water God, he cannot manipulate the water, as it's surrounded by a construct of Wind Magic. He then dives under a table.

Ardent Debater looks at the tornadoes, and then feels the urge to run! He attempts to find the nearest source of water, but after some basic science and a bit of Insane Troll Logic, he soon realizes that the nearest source is the...tornado. Huh. He takes a second to reconsider.

"ALSO, PEOPLE IN THE HELICOPTER, ARE YOU INSANE GET OUT OF HERE THERE ARE TORNADOES GOOD GRIEF." Jess and Jaws stop their interview for a second, Jess saying "Did someone just interrupt me?" Before anyone can act or say a word, Jess suddenly pulls out his 44. Magnum and opens the Helicopter door. (7 v 2) TheBiggerFish suddenly collapses onto his knees, a bullet wound in his stomach. Jess, feeling satisfied, closes the door and continues the interview.

The 2 Tornadoes (9) continue their warpath, this time both of them about to hit the area around UR, birdy, John, Paul, George, and Ringo. (10 v 8) The Hockey Stick is suddenly ripped from UR's hands as the tornado absorbs it, followed by the other tornado (4 v 10) getting rocked by the downed birdy, and dissipating.
----------------------------------------------
Spoiler: piratejoe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NRDL (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hawk132 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Beirus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ukrainian Ranger (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ardent Debater (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TCM (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: DigitalDemon (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TheBiggerFish (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: birdy51 (click to show/hide)
------------------------------------
(((It would be awesome if I could be waitlisted.))
Of course you can!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2016, 02:02:16 pm »

Transform into a beetle, removing the bullet in the process, before transforming back.  Not a Beatle.

Keep out of the way of the tornadoes.

Sigtext

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2016, 02:07:52 pm »

Barricade self in library. Begin writing a novel detailing how all 9 of my opponents were wiped from existence a meteor storm fell upon Badghis (with the exception of the library I'm in). Make it so that a quarter or so of the meteors have a supernatural grudge against musicians. That should be less lethal and more dodge-able than getting erased.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 04:20:00 pm by Hawk132 »
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2016, 02:11:38 pm »

((Yay.))
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2016, 02:20:40 pm »

@Hawk132: Yeah, I should have thought about how overpowered that ability might get. You can still manipulate reality, but no instant win conditions. Out of Universe, that would be quite unfair, and In-Universe, Mr. Warner might just execute you after the match (which I find funny, since in TCM's game, you're helping me kill a guy named Execute.) What you can do is still very powerful things, for example "I write a novel about how I meditated and got a free article." Or, "I write a novel about how (player's name) broke both their legs due to (event)." Things like that. Still very powerful, and fun to see what you come up with.

EDIT: That IS appropriately Cataclysmic and Apocalyptic, yeah. I love it!   
« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 02:37:21 pm by Greatness942 »

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2016, 02:34:55 pm »

((Edited action to summoning a meteor storm on the city using writing. That should be acceptable, I think. Also, brings some of that havoc and destruction Warner was talking about in the flashforward.))
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 106