Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Decided to start a poll about it. Do you guys want intermissions, with both backstories and the events after a Chapter?

Yes. Backstories about our characters, which may answer questions? Seeing the world after the destructive chapters? Yes, please!
- 2 (40%)
Nah. We should just start Chapter 2/3/5/291, and put background info in the Chapter itself.
- 0 (0%)
Why ask, Greatness? It's your game, if you want this sort of thing, just do it already.
- 3 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: July 20, 2016, 05:13:00 pm

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 106

Author Topic: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm  (Read 141363 times)

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm
« Reply #300 on: May 13, 2016, 11:24:33 am »

Match 1: The Beginning
Gamemode: Deathmatch
Round 21: The Champion's Demise
Uzbekistan, Central Asia
Time: Midnight. Weather: Overcast. Date: 7/18/2016

NRDL sits there after reading the book, and while it was certainly interesting, it's of no business to him, at least until this battle ends. Sitting on the couch, he then tells Adam, ""Hm.  So I'm guessing whatever organization you're part of, is investigating this cult and the...things they worship?  Whatever.  These names seem familiar, but I couldn't really care less.  Don't suppose you know anything about the fighting going on in Badghis, Afghanistan?  The Wiki-Warriors?". Adam merely nods, saying, "Yeah, my organization is hunting down the man known as Astrid. I-...Did you say Wiki-Warriors?", he asks, before pausing for a moment. [3] He merely shakes his head, however. "No, sorry, no idea. I'm guessing you do, though?" he asks, to which NRDL responds with, "Well, crap. That's fine, if it's all you know. I have to go, though. Those Wiki-Warriors...they are dangerous.". He then waves goodbye as he leaves, before searching for another radio source. [3] He continues walking through the Plains, following a faint signal, but he cannot find where it's coming from, exactly.

Essex, United Kingdom

BiggerFish sees the Library reference, and feels a smile coming on. 'Finally! I-I have something to go off of! I can find out who this Operator guy is!', he thinks, before walking to Abigail, who is now sitting down, looking quite sick. He sits next to her, opens her notebook, and points to her Cell Number. "This is your number? Hmm, You're a reporter, and you wrote this reference down, wanna come with me? It'll be the best scoop in history.", says BiggerFish, before waiting for a response. [1] Before responding, Abigail cracks a faint smile...before vomiting again, this time into a bucket that Ringo provided. Guess that's a no, then. BiggerFish gives her more medicine, and says, "Well, okay. I'll leave the boys here. When you're feeling better, you guys can come join me.", before smiling and walking out, preparing to walk to the Library, when he's stopped by a voice, clearly the Operator's, but much more...sinister. "I could have killed you, you know. Used her to stab you, but I merely left her alone with...visions. Thoughts that sent her into this weakness. You know, some of the Wiki-Warriors are dead now. They're with me. I'll leave you with that.", before the voice disappears...

Moscow, Russia

PirateJoe is about to continue sneaking through the Factory, when he feels weakness in his bullet wou-oh right, he was shot in the chest by Cobra. He attempts to stem the blood flow in any way he can. [3] He tries to tear a piece of clothing off, but he gets distracted by a noise coming from the main stockroom. Sneaking to it, his eyes fixate on Larisa, who is in the center of the room. It doesn't appear to be anything dangerous at first glance, simply being a punk/scene rave. But before PirateJoe can leave, he needs to do 2 things. See if there's anything evil going on behind the scenes, and stem the bleeding. [2] He attempts to tear more clothing as a stem, but the wounds cause him enough pain that he needs to pause.

Sleepy Crater, Muqur District, Badghis, Afghanistan

Hawk, with the anger of 1,000 suns, is tired of life or death situations, and so decides 'GRENADES! GRENADES FOR EVERYONE!''. [1 v 9+3] Unfortunately, not only does the first grenade that was being aimed at the Elite Force jammed, but the Elite Force then proceeds to aim right at Hawk. [9+3 v 6] Bullets hit Hawk's body, causing Moderate Bleeding as Hawk collapses to his knees. Breathing hard, Hawk looks up, to find Josiah ready to charge.

Parliament, Rwanda
Time: Midnight. Weather: Clear Night Sky. Date: 7/18/2016

While on the plane, TCM decides to upload the identities of the Wiki-Warriors as Slander. [10] The Identities of the surviving Wiki-Warriors get instantly posted, with many people happy they get to see the people damaging the world. TCM then lands in a small part of the Middle East, where Princess Kader is. After meeting up, and having a pleasant conversation, the two get into a Rwandan supplied Limousine, to which Raheena asks, "Where are we going, oh King?".

With the Elite Force standing by, Josiah pulls his sword back out, ready to finish Hawk off. [8+3 v 5, Critical Hit] Charging forward, Hawk closes his eyes and thinks quietly, 'Why is the my luck so terrible? I mean, son of a-", before he gets interrupted by a sword passing through his skull, a cross on the hilt of the blade being the last thing he sees...
Critical Hit+Realistic Damage=Hawk having been killed once again! Due to being brought back, Beirus gets nothing!

The Elite Force, with the foresight of a King on their side, go to cut up Hawk's body. After some patience, they all take pieces of Hawk's body to different place, to throw them into the woods.
--------------------
BSN (Before Sheet Notes): 1st. Wow, Hawk. I've seen just how bad your luck in these situations was during TCM's game, but the Elite Force isn't Aztec! [/jk] In all seriousness, if you have anything wrong with what happened, I'll be glad to negotiate.

2nd: I'm actually curious as to how you guys are finding the game so far. What can I do to make it better, such as having more game and regulating the story to bits and pieces, or keeping the story a focal point in what changes the game? I'm genuinely curious.

---------------------
Spoiler: piratejoe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NRDL (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Beirus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ardent Debater (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TCM (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TheBiggerFish (click to show/hide)
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: May 13, 2016, 11:31:48 am »

No.  Stay with the girl.  She got into this mess because of me, I'm going to take care of her.

"You could have.  But I don't think you're that kind of person.  Or conglomerate, even."

Use a computer to look up that book.  Then actually look at that book.

((Okay, seriously, please don't auto me.))
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 11:34:23 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: May 13, 2016, 11:43:34 am »

@TheBiggerFish: Oh, I'm sorry. I was just trying to give the turn a bit more depth. I didn't think it could be interpreted as Autoing, I'll try to be more careful about that. Again, sorry.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: May 13, 2016, 11:45:48 am »

S'okay.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: May 13, 2016, 12:03:39 pm »

((While it doesn't change the fact that I rolled a 1, even if the grenade jammed, it would still shoot a grenade. A jam like this is because the casing is stuck in the ejector. A better explanation would be that the grenade I fired was a dud. (Note: I never fired a gun aside from an air gun. I wouldn't be surprised if I'm wrong.) But yeah, my luck is usually really shitty when my character's life is on the line.))

((If I somehow survived this turn, I planned to give up and offer TCM my reality-bending powers in exchange for prolonging my life. And then I'd backstab him by dropping a giant meteor on his head.))
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: May 13, 2016, 12:09:16 pm »

@Hawk132: Huh, didn't know that about Grenade Launchers, that's pretty cool. But regardless, would you like to re-waitlist?

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: May 13, 2016, 12:26:38 pm »

Fix my damn bleeding, watch Larisa too.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: May 13, 2016, 12:43:50 pm »

((Yeah, re-waitlist me. Most guns can jam that way. Usually grenade launchers don't, since they only load 1 grenade. China Lake is pump-action, so it's possible for it to jam. Unless you mean the dud grenade - that'd be a primer malfunction or something wrong with the powder. (again, never fired a gun, so I might be wrong))
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: May 13, 2016, 04:56:09 pm »

Concentrate harder, and locate the signal.  Run there supa fast.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: May 15, 2016, 01:36:28 am »

Bumping the thread up! I'm counting this as a last call for actions from TCM, Beirus, and Ardent, but I probably won't do the turn until later on.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: May 15, 2016, 02:21:48 am »

Lead a service to pray to God for the Archangels to hunt down the remaining wiki warriors (excluding TCM), using appropriate Soccer and Bobsledding metaphors where applicable to emphasize teamwork and the other Wiki Warriors being the opposing team.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: May 15, 2016, 02:26:15 am »

Take Princess Kader to the finest show in her country, and then to the finest restaurant! Be as charming, responsive and humorous on the date as possible. If things go well, during dinner ask her for her opinion on the Wiki-Warriors.

When the King is notified of Hawk's demise, he steps into the bathroom and quickly orders for all of the survivors of the task force, as well as the damaged drone, to be transported back to Rwanda ASAP where they can rest before their next mission.

Have the intelligence agencies coordinate with both government and private individuals/groups around the globe to track down the remaining Wiki-Warriors now that their identities are public.
Offer a reward of the equivalent of $20,000 U.S. dollars to information leading to the "incapacitate" of a Wiki-Warrior.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: May 15, 2016, 07:58:33 am »

Match 1: The Beginning
Gamemode: Deathmatch
Round 22: A Date with Destiny
Essex, United Kingdom
Time: Midnight. Weather: Overcast. Date: 7/19/2016

BiggerFish pauses in his step, suddenly realizing just what the Operator meant. Speaking aloud, he said, "You could have.  But I don't think you're that kind of person.  Or conglomerate, even.", before waiting for a response. He actually does hear the voice of the Operator, who responds with, "I am that kind of person. I've been killing people, and destroying homes since 1992. For hundreds of years before then! That's what's odd. Whatever, you can live. It's a new day, and people are sleeping, ready to rise again.", before disappearing again. At that, BiggerFish makes the choice to go back inside, Abigail luckily having ceased vomiting during the conversation between BiggerFish and the Operator. He simply nods, and sits down next to Abigail, before asking for a Laptop. Abigail has one, and BiggerFish searches for the book. [10] He not only finds the book, but it is available in free PDF. Form! Waiting for any interruptions, BiggerFish hovers over the link for the PDF...

Cyprus, The Middle East

TCM, currently inside a Limo with a Princess, finally found the time to answer her question. Not verbally, mind you, but literally. Meaning, he pointed to a traveling European circus he knew was touring around Cyprus. Kader gasps, before saying, "I love this circus! When I was young, me and my father always came here!". While obviously excited, TCM leads her out to the Circus, hoping that things go well. [1] Unfortunately, the circus has not only gotten worse as time has progressed, but one of the Gymnasts actually dies backstage to a Heart Attack, caused by what, who knows? Already having things soured a bit, TCM decides to take her to dinner right away, apologizing. Luckily, Kader understands, and won't let it ruin their date. [7] Dinner, while not good enough to wash the taste of dead Gymnast away, is still fantastic. It's clear from onlooking alone that TCM and Princess Kader are having a blast, talking about everything that's happened recently. Deciding to break the ice on a certain subject, TCM asks, "So, uh, I recently exposed the Wiki-War in Badghis, uh, what's up with that?", before going back to his meal, a simple noodle soup, very posh. [9] Kader frowns a bit, then says, "Well, I don't hate anyone involved in the fighting, but the fights themselves are just awful, don't you think?". Before TCM can respond, he gets a phone call from Cobra, who nabbed it from one of the Elite Force guarding him and the wounded. "My King, my King! It it I, Cobra, your soldier. The Elite Force has killed Hawk, he is no longer a threat.". Thankful no one can hear that, TCM excuses himself to take the call, to which he responds with, "Really? Huh, cool. Anyway, relay this order. All survivors, injured or not, and the R.I.S.E. Drone are to be evacuated. I will send a helicopter soon.", before relaying the Helicopter to Sleepy Crater. TCM then calls several intelligence agencies for the locations of the Wiki-Warriors he exposed. [1] No Agency has seen any Wiki-Warriors, and in fact, most of their tracking technology has somehow failed, all of them crashing. Cursing under his breath, he returns to the table, where more talks with Raheena calm him down.

The Plains, Somewhere in Central Asia

After the day, or rather night, NRDL's had, he's ready to just hit the hay. Or, he would be, if there wasn't a madman putting him into competitions that apparently involve supernatural beings. Regardless, he decides to investigate the Radio Signal he found, to see if there's any civilization. [5] He sees another house in the middle of no where, and deciding to check it out, he rushes over and knocks. No one answers at first, but the door seems unlocked. NRDL ponders for a moment, wondering if this place in particular is important, especially since the signal has a radio origin, so there might be something.

Moscow, Russia

After having bled profusely, PirateJoe felt very weak, not helped by the punk rock music in the background. [5] He tears off a portion of cloth to stem the bleeding. While it stops the bleeding for the most part, the way he tied it around his body means it'll slip off if he gets injured. He decides to spy on Larisa to see just what's going on. [10] He not only sees Larisa talking to a girl, but he hears everything they say. Larisa speaks first, saying, "Cool party, but what's with it? Usually, there's a reason.". The girl speaks next, saying, "Don't worry, young lady, there's a reason for the party. See, my big brother is sort of working for this guy named something Warner, and he asked us to celebrate. There's more going on, but it's family stuff, you understand, right?". Larisa merely nods, before walking back to a snack table close by. The girl walks into a back room by herself, cracking open a beer before disappearing behind the door.

Sleepy Crater, Muqur District, Badghis, Afghanistan

(Idle) Ardent, tired after everything that's happened, merely lays a blanket down, and sleeps, the Militia standing guard.

Parliament, Rwanda
Time: Midnight. Weather: Clear Night Sky. Date: 7/19/2016

Beirus, noticing that the Wiki-War isn't over yet, decides to speed things along by leading a service to get the Archangels to finish the job. [9] His service prays for the Archangels to find a Wiki-Warrior, and hunt them down. [1=PirateJoe, 2=NRDL, 3=Ardent, 4=BiggerFish. 3] The Archangels Josiah, Esther, and Job race down to find this Ardent fellow...only to find him drooling in his sleep, surrounded by armed guards, including a large, cross looking one with what looks a sledgehammer made of steel staring them down...

Speaking of, Basher holds out a hand, before charging straight at Josiah! [1 v 2+3] Josiah expertly dodges, making sure to get behind Basher.

Josiah the Archangel catches Basher off guard before charging with his sword. [10+3 v 6] Basher suddenly screams out in pain as Josiah stabs him right in the heart! Basher stands there, dazed, before Josiah sheaths his blade, at which point Basher falls over dead. The Militia, fearful for their lives, crowd around Ardent, trying to wake him up!
--------------------------
Spoiler: piratejoe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NRDL (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Beirus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ardent Debater (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TCM (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TheBiggerFish (click to show/hide)

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: May 15, 2016, 08:12:27 am »

spying intensify's, and no dont go after the girl Larisa was talking to, she isnt my concern. and is a obvious trap. TLDR SPY ON LARISA AND LARISA ONLY
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: May 15, 2016, 08:20:57 am »

Download and start reading the thing.
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 106