Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Decided to start a poll about it. Do you guys want intermissions, with both backstories and the events after a Chapter?

Yes. Backstories about our characters, which may answer questions? Seeing the world after the destructive chapters? Yes, please!
- 2 (40%)
Nah. We should just start Chapter 2/3/5/291, and put background info in the Chapter itself.
- 0 (0%)
Why ask, Greatness? It's your game, if you want this sort of thing, just do it already.
- 3 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: July 20, 2016, 05:13:00 pm

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 106

Author Topic: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm  (Read 137993 times)

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm
« Reply #240 on: May 01, 2016, 12:43:40 am »

How am i not dead? Obviously Kanako Yasaka intervened. Patch myself up and pray to Kanako Yasaka, thanking her, before continuing to Russia.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: May 01, 2016, 01:44:32 am »

Greatness. My forcefield.

Do I have to say more?
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: May 01, 2016, 03:13:02 am »

@Hawk: ...Crap. Okay, I really screwed up there, didn't I?  Hmm, I would make an excuse about critical hits, but I don't know. I have two options. Either I roll to see if you actually survived, and if I roll bad the forcefield failed to activate, or I could fudge it so that you actually lived, and take away TCM's new article. I'm asking because I don't want to be unfair. What do you want to happen? I am really, genuinely sorry I failed to remember something that crucial, and ruined the game for you in the process.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: May 01, 2016, 03:53:43 am »

I'd rather stay alive. And since my luck is pretty crap when it comes to life-and-death situations in games I'd prefer option #2.

But it's a pretty damn good article TCM is going to lose and it feels like having me live would be kinda dick-ish.

So how about option #3? Give TCM the article but have the power armor have some kind of nanobots that can repair any damage, even resurrecting a person? Of course, the nanobots only have one charge and can no longer be used.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: May 01, 2016, 04:06:06 am »

@Hawk: Heck. Yes. I love that idea. Option 3 it is. However, I do want you revived you next turn, Nanobots take time to raise the dead, and indirectly blowing a town up seems like the most damage you can do right at the moment.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: May 01, 2016, 04:35:16 am »

@Hawk: Heck. Yes. I love that idea. Option 3 it is. However, I do want you revived you next turn, Nanobots take time to raise the dead, and indirectly blowing a town up seems like the most damage you can do right at the moment.
Yeah, that's fine.

Be dead. For now.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: May 01, 2016, 05:23:21 am »

Point out that the Beatles already make a lot more money thsn that on royalties...
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: May 02, 2016, 05:44:32 pm »

Make preparations for the religious leaders.

Assassin Force should continue Assassinating.

Contact the New York Times and ask if I could write an article (+Journalism) in a guest column about how the nations of the world should come together to stop the epidemic of Wiki Warfare.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: May 02, 2016, 05:59:36 pm »

Lead a service using my Catholic Practice to pray for God to smite one of the other Wiki Warriors (excluding TCM). See if we can get it televised using my TV Production to reach more people and increase the power of our prayers.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: May 03, 2016, 01:27:12 am »

Match 1: Deathmatch
Round 16: Dead/Alive
Essex, United Kingdom
7:43 PM (CST), Overcast, July 18th, 2016

BiggerFish considers the offer made by Abigail for a moment, before saying, "Look, I'm sure you're a nice girl, and people would love new albums. But, Paul and Ringo have made a lot more than what you're offering on Royalties alone. I apologize, but we, as a group, have to decline." (7) Abigail nods, saying, "True, true. Not a huge loss. Still, it was glad to finally meet you. ...H-hey, actually, people will want to ask questions, and speculation leads to misconception. I-I was wondering if I could d-do an interview with all of you, for the Internet's sake?" Ignoring John's reaction of "Internet?", Biggerfish ponders that as well.

Parliament, Rwanda
7:43 PM (CST), Clear Night Sky, July 18th, 2016

TCM, happy he gets to at least secure a date with Raheena, goes to greet the Leaders who just landed in Rwanda. Pope Angelus,and Imam Thamir Imara. TCM responds with, "Huh, forgot there's no real Jewish leader. Never the less, come in. We have a feast prepared. Uh, only some of it is kosher, most of us are pretty liberal. We do have options, though. Uh, Brother Aswell will be here shortly, he'll be leading the discussion.". The two nod, and sit down at the feast table, which has assortments of different drinks and food. After plating up, Angelus and Imara eat and discuss recent events, before Aswell comes inside. "Imam Imara, glad to meet you. And, Pope Angelus, it is an honor to speak to you. Now, let us discuss Religious Tolerance, to end non-tolerance, that even in today's society still happens." (2) The talks start quite poorly, as the two leaders begin talking about personal injustices, rather than how society is treating them, or how they're treating society. "Oh, dear Lord." While the talks go down, TCM decides to contact the New York Times to write an article about the Wiki-War. (2+2) An aspiring Author agrees to write up his story, but he does not work with the Times, but rather an independent column on the Internet.

Beirus, wanting to help stop this battle earlier, leads a prayer with the Catholics in town to attempt to smite a Wiki-Warrior. (10+2) The Prayer works, and a random Wiki-Warrior other than TCM will not only get struck by Lightning, but it will get be a powerful attack as well! (D4 Roll to see who gets hit, +2 to the attack. 1=PirateJoe, 2=NRDL, 3=Ardent, 4=BiggerFish) He then decides to see if he can broadcast his story to the world to garner support. (10+1) He manages to nab a TV Signal, and it not only airs, but it does so internationally. Beirus gears up and brings this message. "People of the World, this is Beirus. I am here to expose the truth! In a village in Afghanistan, there is a battle going on, perpetrated by two men, Jess Warner, and Logan Sawyer. They are doing this for their own sick pleasure, to feast on the pain of the innocent! Please, if you know where these people are, rise up! Take them down, and stop. This. War.". The Broadcast then goes dark, but people all around the world saw it. They begin to rise, and many of them look for Jess Warner and Logan Sawyer, these monstehahah-thes-these monshahaha! Wow, an uprising? Jaws...execute Delta Plan after this match ends, would ya? Of course...

Sleepy Village, Muqur District, Badghis, Afghanistan
7:43 PM (CST), Overcast, July 18th, 2016

While at a Gas Station, PirateJoe lets a prayer out for Kanako Yasaka for blessing him, before continuing his drive to Russia.

NRDL continues running, the theme song for the Flash on the CW playing in his mind as he runs. Once he's sure he's not in danger, he attempts to find where he superspeeded to. (1) Not only does he have no idea where he is, but he doesn't even have anything to go off of. He's just in a clear plain, grass under his feet.

((Idle)) Possibly in shock, or fear, Ardent simply collapses to his knees, an empty expression on his face.

The Elite Force attempts to use the R.I.S.E. Drone to find a Wiki-Warrior. (3) The R.I.S.E. Drone finds someone, and the Elite Force races to them. Before they can raise their firearms, Cobra raises his arms and says, "Friendly! Friendly! I'm a part of the Rwandan Military! I serve King TCM, and President Imani Arendse, and the country of Rwanda!". (7) The Elite Force holster their guns, and the R.I.S.E. Drone transmits Cobra's survival to President Arendse, who is in the control room of the Drone.

Basher, seeing his leader collapse, goes to convince the Militia to return to his side by running to the De-Moralized men. (10) He not only convinces them to come back, but also brings back their morale with this. "Hey, guys. Look, I know our home is gone. Our families that aren't here, or have escaped, have gone with the town. But, Ardent gave us a mission. This is just more of a reason to accomplish said mission. We should stop this fight. Who cares if the War ends, this specific battle has torn us apart, and we need to fix it! Who's with me!". The Militia agree, with thunderous applause, they race back to Ardent.

Hawk lays there motionless on a screen on the Zartheth ship, where the Aliens are watching. They are tall, lanky, light blue humanoids with 3 eyes, and all 3 of the eyes of the commander are looking at a video console eyeing Hawk's corpse."We have more agents, this was...wait a minute. What about the Nano-Droids?" asks the Commander, as the rest of the Zartheth look in shock, as though they feel lost for not thinking about that before they blew up a town.

The Nano-Droids suddenly activate, and Hawk suddenly sucks in breath, before yelling in pain as the Nano-Droids repair the hole in the back of his head, his organs also suddenly restarting. They also check and repair the Forcefield, having found a fault near the back of the head. After fixing Hawk and the Forcefield up, The Nano-Droids suddenly cease function. Hawk rises to his feet, and picks up his RPD and China Lake, before looking at the Crater. Telepathically, the Zartheth Commander says, "Hawk, we have a new assignment. Rather than winning the battle over all, we have deemed Competitor TCM a threat, due to his forces being the ones who ended your life. If you can eliminate him, and his "Elite Force", we shall reward you." Hawk, nodding, walks a bit to regain his footing, before starting back to the town.
Hawk132 has been brought back from the dead!

Suddenly, a flash of lightning hits (3) Ardent! (3+2 v 6) Even in shock, Ardent rolls away from the blast of lightning, just in time to see his troops return.
-------------------
Spoiler: piratejoe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NRDL (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hawk132 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Beirus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ardent Debater (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TCM (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TheBiggerFish (click to show/hide)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: May 03, 2016, 01:49:14 am »

Use my hacking powers to get a feel for the closest possible media device, then follow that.  If I don't have any innate sense for such devices, make the nearest device emit the loudest noise it can.

Hopefully it's loud enough...
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: May 03, 2016, 01:58:32 am »

Find the Rwandan Elite Force. Drown them in explosions. Don't forget to load in a new grenade into my China Lake before beginning my search.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 02:01:55 am by Hawk132 »

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: May 03, 2016, 02:17:40 am »

These religious talks are not going well. Maybe our guests should relax instead of being so caught up in personal injuries. Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

Well, if it's just an Internet Blog so be it: Begin rampant shit-posting about the other Wiki-Warriors. Make them memes so that everyone on the Internet can identify their faces with ease.

Since Hawk has displayed the remarkable ability to resurrect, make him a priority target. When he is killed again, have the Elite Assassination Teams separate his body into multiple parts, carried to multiple locations and disposed of via submersion in deep water, fire, or acid if it is available. 
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: May 03, 2016, 02:24:11 am »

These religious talks are not going well. Maybe our guests should relax instead of being so caught up in personal injuries. Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

Well, if it's just an Internet Blog so be it: Begin rampant shit-posting about the other Wiki-Warriors. Make them memes so that everyone on the Internet can identify their faces with ease.

Since Hawk has displayed the remarkable ability to resurrect, make him a priority target. When he is killed again, have the Elite Assassination Teams separate his body into multiple parts, carried to multiple locations and disposed of via submersion in deep water, fire, or acid if it is available. 

Sigging a part of this, if that's okay.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: May 03, 2016, 02:35:22 am »

Get to Russia, then try to become a Russian spy.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 106