Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Decided to start a poll about it. Do you guys want intermissions, with both backstories and the events after a Chapter?

Yes. Backstories about our characters, which may answer questions? Seeing the world after the destructive chapters? Yes, please!
- 2 (40%)
Nah. We should just start Chapter 2/3/5/291, and put background info in the Chapter itself.
- 0 (0%)
Why ask, Greatness? It's your game, if you want this sort of thing, just do it already.
- 3 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: July 20, 2016, 05:13:00 pm

Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 106

Author Topic: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm  (Read 138002 times)

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm: Chapter IV, Round IV (8/10, 0 On Waitlist)
« Reply #1335 on: May 16, 2017, 07:02:09 pm »

Proceed with the rest of the group, keeping watch for anything weird or out of place.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: May 21, 2017, 12:12:48 pm »

((Soo... How many turns until I turn into a zombie?))

Canary Cry the zombies and flee the room. Once a sufficient distance away, use biology skills to determine a cure for the Necroa virus. If possible, also begin searching the house for gas and a source of fire.

[Medical: 3] Within the Earth IV Mythos, Necroa only works when the target actually dies. While some serious symptoms occur, Zombification only really happens after death. Why am I explaining this? Because this is a different strain that'll work through an hour or so (so, four turns.)
This prompts me into a question, if a player becomes a hostile NPC do we get an article for killing them?

Also, turn

Proceed deeper into the building, doing the same quick search in each room. If my drone sees a moving zombie it is to shoot the zombie, if I hear the distinctive sound of my drones Mass Accelerator gun firing, I will turn around quickly, and if the zombie is still standing, throw my chisel into its neck

Good question! Yes, if a player becomes a hostile NPC, they are considered a boss (due to their powers), and therefore an article is gifted to their killer.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: May 21, 2017, 01:03:08 pm »

Knowing my cover was more or less blown. I casually opened the door and closed it behind me before saying "So, tell me, how do you plan on killing seven or so people desperate to kill you. Also, their are others coming up the stairway behind me, and no, shooting me with a fireball or something wont end well so don't even think about it." I was prepared to use direction in case Fish or Herzog fired anything at me.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: May 22, 2017, 04:36:34 pm »

*bump for Hawk132. I don't feel comfortable doing it without him, since he's in the same room as Fish and Herzog, after all.*
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: May 25, 2017, 04:43:42 pm »

Hawk132 is no longer participating. His interest waned. So, I've been a bit bummed, and it inspired me to have to ask:

How many of you are sticking around?

I know momentum has died a little, but I just need to get back into the swing of things with this next turn. I just can't feel comfortable doing it unless I know how many people will be interacting with it.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: May 25, 2017, 04:55:06 pm »

Still here  :)
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: May 25, 2017, 11:32:50 pm »

You've still got me.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: May 25, 2017, 11:40:37 pm »

Still here, albeit...sporadically.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: May 27, 2017, 06:33:28 pm »

I'm still here. You've probably noticed my posts lacked substance somewhat lately. That'll change. Was pretty sick for awhile.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 07:40:03 pm by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: May 27, 2017, 06:45:24 pm »

Still here. Still interested.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: May 27, 2017, 07:49:49 pm »

((Well then.))

Chapter IV: Herzog
Elimination
Part X: In Plain Sight
Herzog's Manor/Hideout, Close to the Abisko Research Station, Sweden
Early Evening, Fully Cloudy, 7/23/2016

As a minor headache formed around her skull, pulsing and biting like her brain was out to get her, the virtuoso named OceanSoul pressed a hand to the nearby table in support as she rose up. Slowly standing on her own feet, she peered through the open door to see three Wiki-Warriors, two of which are unfamiliar: Fallacy of Urist was there, but there was also a stylish Brit with a soccer ball under his arm (Okay, why is that so common?) and an armored soldier. Still groggy from the trip, she merely stood in the door, content to finding three of her team.

Sliding down the railing of the stairway, Fallacy of Urist hit the ground (figuratively) swinging. Running forward, he dashed towards his discarded shopping cart, only to remember that it was upstairs due to his little stunt. Dejected, he climbed back up and wrapped his hands around the grip of the cart.

As the psychotic Hawk stands in the doorway, violently twitching as though someone had lit her short fuse, Fish pulls out his phone and begins to text Abigail. <[We need a plan.]> is what he types, his fingers dashing across the keypad. [Stealth: 6] The only people who hear the standard "buh-dweep" sound of the text going through are the people already aware of them (piratejoe and Hawk), though they can't trace the exact location. Fish then thinks: "What have we got, assets-wise, for getting out of here?" [Intuition: 9] Luckily, Fish's ambitions were correct as a psychic response plays out. "We have two windows we can dive out of, but we're on the third floor, so that's out. We both have weapons, ja? Still, it'll be difficult fighting our way out. Let me think..." [Resources: 8] The sound of fingers snapping in Fish's mind hits him as Herzog telepathically thinks "I got it! I have some things in here we can use. Bombs. We can make a bomb that'll blow the house apart. Any Wiki-Warrior who doesn't die will be too distracted to figure out where we're fleeing. If you want something non-lethal, or at least, not directly lethal..." [Non-Lethal Resources: 8] [Not Directly Lethal Resources: 7] "There's a flare gun, usually used for rescues. I can fire one up and we can try to escape through whatever they send to help. Drei, and finally, there's a Rift to the Chaosrealms in my morgue that's been sealed by that Ficken Verschwendung von Speicherplatz they call "Greed"."

Raising a hand up in a mellow greeting, the black trenchcoat clad Moonlit Shadow says "Well, hello. It's nice to see a friendly face, or so I presume." [6] While the accent gets their attention, Fallacy and Ocean aren't overly impressed, given that their version of BiggerFish has a South African accent. Pulling out his swords, he attempts to see if he can Ninja up his swords with his knife. [5] While he can slot the knife in his teeth while using his swords, he cannot use them at the same time.

With feet planted firmly on each step, the Chaos-filled NRDL climbed up to the attic. Once there, his eyes peered around the area as he looked around for Herzog. [Spot vs Stealth: 6 v 2] NRDL can see the dust kicked up from the footsteps of two different men, one of which he just knows to be Herzog.

As black blood replaces his previously red inner liquid, the crocodile-like Dolosus feels as though he is being watched, as though each Zombie was staring at him. [10] With a fervent Canary Cry, he blows the Zombies away into the wall as he speeds through the door. After shutting it, he leans against the wall and looks down to the liquid. [10+2] Using his knowledge as a Wiki-Warrior and as a biologist, he rushes over and grabs some chemicals from the bathroom and then sits down at the lab downstairs to synthesize some others. [6] While not a chemist, he does a passable job, and thus drinks his concoction. The chemicals he's synthesized range from blood thinners to things that make the ammonia he got safe to drink. After downing the concoction, he is relieved to see that his blood turns red, before vomiting because he just drank bathroom chemicals and something he created to not kill him after downing it. (Does that make scientific sense? No? Well, it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.)

Failbird continues through the house, checking each of the other doors downstairs. He sees both the morgue, and the other room, which is a chemist's lab. In the chemist's lab is a giant crocodile-man retching up his lunch, so he wisely decides to stop searching downstairs.

Person walks up the stairs.

Standing tall in the doorway, Pirate Joe looks into the room and says "So, tell me, how do you plan on killing seven or so people desperate to kill you? Also, there are others coming up the stairway behind me. And no, shooting me with a fireball or something won't end well, so don't even think about it" As expected, she didn't get a true answer, but judging from the lack of attack, she was safe for now.

((NPC'd)) "WAITING, WAITING, WAITING?!" Joanna, Fish, Herzog, and practically everyone else can hear Hawk's mind snap under the pressure as she begins gibbering and screaming. As she collapses to her knees, she hears a little voice in her head grow louder. "Kill them...KILL THEM ALL! He is your champion, the light leaving them looks so pretty, 223 takes you-" Turning to Joe [7 v 10], she lunges towards her. Joe dodges an attack from her poison blades, which only makes her turn to Joe with the same sadistic grin commonplace of people like Jess Warner.

BSN: I hope Hawk likes the send-off of hostile NPC-dom.

Anyway, I will make it a habit to separate the character sheets into a separate post. It seems better that way. Maybe because it's quicker? I don't know.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: May 27, 2017, 08:08:04 pm »

Sighing, I took out my two bladed pistols and practically went full auto on them aiming for hawks head, I also called out for my soldiers to help me dispatch the loon.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: May 27, 2017, 08:25:51 pm »

"DIE HERZOG!"

Run up to the figure in the dark and activate Chaos Blast.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 09:22:39 pm by NRDL »
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: May 27, 2017, 08:57:34 pm »

"DIE HERZOG!"

Chaos blast the attic in the general direction of this hiding person.

Chaos Blast isn't a directional projectile (that's Chaos Spear). Chaos Blast, at least in Shadow the Hedgehog, is an area of effect blast of Chaos Energy. Imagine an explosion of the Chaos Emeralds. The other Warriors (except Hawk) will be fine, just throwing it out there.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: May 27, 2017, 09:22:00 pm »

((Got it, will edit turn.))
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 106