Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Decided to start a poll about it. Do you guys want intermissions, with both backstories and the events after a Chapter?

Yes. Backstories about our characters, which may answer questions? Seeing the world after the destructive chapters? Yes, please!
- 2 (40%)
Nah. We should just start Chapter 2/3/5/291, and put background info in the Chapter itself.
- 0 (0%)
Why ask, Greatness? It's your game, if you want this sort of thing, just do it already.
- 3 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: July 20, 2016, 05:13:00 pm

Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 106

Author Topic: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm  (Read 138012 times)

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm: Chapter IV, Round IV (8/10, 0 On Waitlist)
« Reply #1350 on: May 28, 2017, 12:16:43 am »

Attack hawk with the twin swords. If I see Herzog, try talking to him one more time to become aware of the situation. I sort of left off on good terms didn't I? If both... well I can multitask right?

Gonna be honest, even if I knew in character that Herzog was sort of a good guy in terms of being against the Cult of Jericho, I'm not sure I'd ally with him. They've sort of shown themselves to be a: Very powerful and b: Quite capable of cruelty. So basicalIy, I don't envy(heh geddit?) what might happen to us in game if this rebellion goes wrong.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 02:17:27 am by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: May 28, 2017, 01:21:57 am »

I'm not actually entirely sure of my location to be honest... That's what I get for saying "Follow everyone" for like 3 turns though. Am I near hawk and the others or... Yeah, prety sure the pain killers are still affecting my ability to work through this situation.

If I see hawk go crazy, attack them with twin swords. If I see Herzog, try talking to him one more time to become aware of the situation. I sort of left off on good terms didn't I? If both... well I can multitask right?

Gonna be honest, even if I knew in character that Herzog was sort of a good guy in terms of being against the Cult of Jericho, I'm not sure I'd ally with him. They've sort of shown themselves to be a: Very powerful and b: Quite capable of cruelty. So basicalIy, I don't envy(heh geddit?) what might happen to us in game if this rebellion goes wrong.

If you want me to tell you, you're on the stairway, near the top. You can see Hawk, but Herzog and Fish are currently stealthed, so you will need to roll to see where he is.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: May 28, 2017, 02:16:38 am »

Ah all right then. Thanks for the clarification. Will focus on taking down Hawk then, but if I spot Herzog, try to call a cease fire of some variety.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 02:53:01 am by Person »
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: May 28, 2017, 07:41:25 am »

Could I join the next round? This looks great, don't know how I missed it all this time.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: May 28, 2017, 09:28:16 am »

Could I join the next round? This looks great, don't know how I missed it all this time.

Yep! Since we're down to 9, we can go ahead and have you for Part XI.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: May 28, 2017, 09:40:20 am »

Yep! Since we're down to 9, we can go ahead and have you for Part XI.
Great, thanks!

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: May 28, 2017, 02:49:14 pm »

Does that make scientific sense? No? Well, it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.

Can I sig this?
Because I really wanna sig this.
I think I'm gonna do it regardless.

Begin searching for gasoline and a source of fire. If it is found, go outside and start pouring gas all over the house. Then set the house on fire. In fact, try to set the house on fire even if no gas is found. Just be outside when that happens.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 12:05:14 am by DolosusDoleus »
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: May 29, 2017, 10:34:36 am »

"Ah. Pleased to meet you... whatever your name is."

Fallacy introduces himself to the Moonlit Shadow.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: May 31, 2017, 09:29:17 am »

"Well, my name's Fallacy. That guy? Maybe? I don't recall..."
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: May 31, 2017, 06:31:00 pm »

"..." Proceed to contemplate searching for useful objects in the chem lab later
Continue the search, now on the next floor. Continue same defense plan.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: June 01, 2017, 07:49:57 am »

"Just another Wiki-warrior, honestly. I somehow met this alternate dimension mansion, but it just ended up wasting time. Anyway, anyone got any leads on the target?"

No particular action this turn, except following this group around if they go anywhere. Also, scavenge a little bit more.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: June 01, 2017, 12:55:06 pm »

"DIE HERZOG!"

Run up to the figure in the dark and activate Chaos Blast.
"OI, WATCH IT!  Do you really want an apocalypse on your hands?"
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: June 04, 2017, 09:05:59 pm »

Oh crap. I didn't know that was nine, sorry!

New turn coming tomorrow!

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: June 07, 2017, 11:32:42 pm »

Poke.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: June 08, 2017, 05:42:36 am »

Chapter IV: Herzog
Elimination
Part XI: I'll Be the Roundabout
Herzog's Manor/Hideout, Close to the Abisko Research Station, Sweden
Early Evening, Fully Cloudy, 7/23/2016

The sound of metal flying out of fabric distracted those watching from looking at Hawk's breakdown, as Pirate Joe whipped out both of her StormFlower pistols from her sleeves. Pointing both of Hawk, she waited for the right time to strike. [2 v 2, 10 v 1] From the pistol in her left hand, she squeezed the trigger, and saw the bullet whiz past the face of the insane former-Wiki Warrior, and hit the wall. As Joe fired again, she watched the split second it was in the air before a large squirt of blood suddenly splashed out of Hawk's throat. [Medical Saving Throw: 7] While it didn't hit an important artery, a large amount of blood is leaking out of her neck, which weakens Hawk to the point of slipping down to her knees.

Ignoring the carnage before him, NRDL turned to the shadow and growled out "DIE HERZOG!", before rushing towards Herzog and (unknowingly) Fish. Fish screams out "OI, WATCH IT!  Do you really want an apocalypse on your hands?" [Convince: 10] Which not only stops NRDL dead in his tracks, but also makes him start thinking about his motivation behind this. "Is the apocalypse really worth it in the end?"

Pulling out both of the Twin Swords set, the H.I known as Person stalked towards the insane Hawk. Raising both up, it prepared to strike the Warrior down. [7 v 9, 9 v 4] Hawk shakily grabbed one sword with her remaining strength, only to feel col steel slash through her stomach. She fell over, coughing up blood as she was now too weak to stand.

With a steady hand pressed to the table in support, Dolosus Doleus stood up and shakily took a breath of relief. Shaking his head, he began searching the lab for gasoline and something to set that chemical off. [9+1 (Chemical Lab), 5] He not only found one can of gasoline. He found three cans. Next to them is a box of matches, unopened and riped for the taking. Nicking all four items, he opened one of the cans and began pouring all over the foyer, leading outside. Once there, he splattered the contents of the can all over the outside walls, every window, anything the Warrior could get his hands on. As he finished one can, he had made a complete loop around the house, and thus took a match out and lit it. [8] Throwing the match down into the gas, it only took a second before the house erupted into flames. The outside of the first floor became engulfed in fire, with it quickly spreading up.

On the inside, the foyer also exploded into flames, the red plasma burning brightly. Ignoring the croc-dude from before, Fallacy turned to his new ally and said "Ah! Um, Pleased to meet you... whatever your name is.", to which he got a response. "The name's Shadow." he said, before pointing towards the awakening OceanSoul "You wouldn't happen to know that girl, I suppose?". Even with his safety on the line, Fallacy spared a glance towards the virtuoso, and said "Well, my name's Fallacy. That one? Maybe? I don't recall...". Shadow nodded, and said to OceanSoul "Huh. Well, if you were listening, you appear to have the advantage of us. So I ask, who are you?" Seemingly too groggy to notice the flames, she instead notes the two men backing away into the kitchen she resides in, and says "Just another Wiki-warrior, honestly. I somehow met this alternate dimension mansion, but it just ended up wasting time. Anyway, anyone got any leads on the target?". While there, she scavenges around [1], but only finds a note, which says "Waste of time? I spared you a gun, lady. -G"

Shocked into silence, Firebird watches the house erupt in fire, and begins running towards the second floor, before the fire can get him. [8] He manages it up the stairs, and explores. There are only opened doors. One is a bathroom, one is a bedroom with smoke covering it. The third one is a room that has around four Zombies shuffling around inside. All of whom whip their head towards Firebird. [3 v 9] The Defense Drone automatically fires, but it misses it's three shots as the Zeds grow closer.

Suddenly, the Silver Knight comes barreling in with his sword, willing to protect his master. [5 v 10] It strikes at the H.I, but Person catches it off guard and moves in. [2 v 1-1] Making a wild stab, it suddenly strikes through the Knight's helmet. Person watches as, despite it's clumsy shot, the Knight dies right before his eyes.

The Zombies all turn to Firebird, as one rushes forward to capitalize on a good meal. [8 v 1+2] [Heads: Bite] The Zombie chows on the armor's shoulder. While it does protect Firebird from true harm, the impact basically compromises the armor integrity on his right arm: any attacks there will only defend so much. [+2 reduced to +1 on aimed shots to the right arm.]

Suddenly, another Wiki-Warrior beams in outside. Falling over, they look up to see a large, humanoid crocodile laugh hysterically as a large manor burns before him. Objective is clear: Kill Herzog. But is that the right thing to do?

Spoiler: Lord_lemonpie (click to show/hide)

BSN: WE HAVE STAND USERS, EVERYBODY RU-<---To Be Continued

Spoiler: Person (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NRDL (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: DolosusDoleus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: FallacyofUrist (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: PirateJoe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ocean Soul (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TheBiggerFish (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Moonlit Shadow (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Firebird105 (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 106