Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Mercenary Coalition Test Run - IC Thread  (Read 1890 times)

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
Mercenary Coalition Test Run - IC Thread
« on: July 26, 2016, 06:46:30 pm »

The shuttle rumbles as it exits hyperspace. Through the small windows, the densely populated orbit of the Alliance's capital planet comes into view. Massive capital ships slowly move by, other shuttles zipping back and forth, and plenty of varied stations scattered across the area. Johnny Marte sits back in his pilot's seat, almost done with handling their voyage. The rest of the team back in the passenger compartment start gearing up for the mission.

As the station comes into view, it becomes apparent that a plan of entry should be determined before docking. The station is obviously rather small, and has 4 docking ports on the top level that can be used to, well, dock the shuttle. Johnny Marte just needs to gain docking clearance from the local controller and dock. The only noticeable security detail that your Republic contact told you about is the ability to shut down the central (and only) lifts in the case of an attack.

Regardless, now's the time to discuss your plan and decide on what you're doing with the gear brought on the shuttle.

Spoiler: Shuttle Inventory (click to show/hide)

Ground Team
Spoiler: NRDRL - John Nix (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Funk - Sveila (click to show/hide)

Other Stuff
Spoiler: OOC/GM Notes (click to show/hide)
OOC Thread
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: Mercenary Coalition Test Run - IC Thread
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2016, 07:28:37 pm »

After that long and awkward silence, Judith looks slightly flustered.
"Nobody's got ideas, then? Well I can start--"

She settles next to the drawing board.
"I think we might need the suits if they shut off the lift. Dunno if we have the tools to make an entry point, though."

Judith picks up a smoke grenade and tosses it up and down in the artificial gravity.

"I think we should, um, incapacitate some guards and use their uniforms. (Nobody's ever thought of that before) Then we can get the drop more easily on the others."
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2016, 10:01:50 pm »

"What have the guards got in the way of fire power? I ain't keen on a fair shooting match."
Sveila starts to don her Thermal Padding.

"How about we split them up? blast the lift shaft with an energy grenade and take a void trip out the bottom of station?.
To loud? then we have to take control of the lifts and hope that we can get back to the shuttle before they lock the hanger down."

She clips her personal shield to her belt and wait for the others.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 08:09:05 am by Funk »
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2016, 01:38:26 am »

"Stealth is still our best bet, methinks.  Two people with low-key weapons, infiltrate the complex, take out some guards, take the uniforms, see if any onsite intel's acquirable.  The other three loads up on weapons and starts going in guns blazing if and when the fireworks start.", Nix says, flicking his knife around like a favoured toy.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2016, 07:52:46 pm »

"I'm just the driver, here. You kids back there figure out what you're gonna do, and I'll follow you."
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2016, 09:24:27 am »

"Ugh... huh? We're here already? Shit, must of passed out."

Braccek grabs the pistol and loads it's, attaching it to his belt.

"Sure, let's go with Stealth idea, who's gonna go and be all stealthy like?"
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2016, 05:15:06 pm »

"I can sneak me knife in.  So count me in for that."
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2016, 01:21:38 am »

Judith stares nervously.

"Well, I didn't really mean stealth. I meant more of a 'Find a good opportunity then go for it' thing. We could pick up a hostage in the process, and I don't think getting to an important potential hostage like the CEO will be possible without going loud."

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2016, 01:25:31 am »

"Only hostage they'd care about's the captain.  Anyone else, and the entire station, is expendable."
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2016, 06:29:36 pm »

"This is the Expedient Shipping Outpost. You have clearance to dock at Docking Port 2, over."
The shuttle slowly rotates as it approaches the docking port, eventually locking the exit of the shuttle onto the docking port with a satisfying "CLUNK". The control panel by the shuttle's exit lights up with a prompt to open the door.4

The crew on the station expects the single sealed heavy container carrying some miscellaneous supplies at the "Checking room", one level below you. You have a couple minutes max in the shuttle before they'll start to get suspicious. This is a fairly high security station.

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2016, 06:36:18 pm »

"We can tell 'em we're having some technical difficulties, ask 'em to send someone up.  Could be a way to get a uniform, we just need a way to distract or disable any cameras or people we have watching to insert our man in."
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2016, 10:23:49 pm »

"Just have him enter our ship. Say our avionics got fried in a solar storm and it won't open the cargo door." Judith remarks.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2016, 10:25:23 pm »

"So we call up a techie, beat the shit out of him and nick his stuff? Yeah, that can work." says Braccek.
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2016, 08:55:10 pm »

"Then lets do it, i'll jump him from behind."
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG