Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Can I turn others into vampires ?  (Read 5376 times)

sirinon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Can I turn others into vampires ?
« on: August 06, 2016, 04:13:48 am »

So im trying to work out how I can get others to drink my blood or how I can infect people.

My adventurer is a vampire lord of an abandoned city who is getting bored ever since a god cursed him, there are also a shockingly low amount of vampires in the world, A good way of fixing that would be to create some more.

The best way to go about this ?  If possible at all ?

SebasMarolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Can I turn others into vampires ?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2016, 07:34:21 am »

Well, sometimes I ask people walking around the streets what is it that they're doing, and they say they go to get water. Maybe you could sustain some injuries, fill a waterskin with blood if there's enough, jump inside a well, empty the waterskin, climb out and wait?

Or try to do the same with some goblets and hand them around a tavern?

Or modify the raws for interactions. The raw for werebeast had an explaination on how to add the bitting thing to vampirism (someone sure plans ahead, "he he he")
So uh, yeah you just murdered a until proven otherwise pretty neutral innocent being for no reason.

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2016, 01:28:06 pm »

Well, sometimes I ask people walking around the streets what is it that they're doing, and they say they go to get water. Maybe you could sustain some injuries, fill a waterskin with blood if there's enough, jump inside a well, empty the waterskin, climb out and wait?

Or modify the raws for interactions. The raw for werebeast had an explaination on how to add the bitting thing to vampirism (someone sure plans ahead, "he he he")
I know that the tavern one will work. People have even gone so far as to make tavern guests DRINK CAGED ANIMALS. The well one might, but I'm not too sure. It's a pretty old but behavior so it's likely it hasn't been updated to actually include them drinking the water. I know for sure however the the last one will not work though. Vampires are hardcoded for some reason so they don't have any raw files. There is an example file though which shows what it would look like. Though I can't actually check right now and it's been a while since I have, so I'd recommend a quick check yourself, but I'm pretty sure the only editable vanilla interactions are cleaning ones.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

Jako98145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2016, 04:23:15 pm »

I know that the tavern one will work. People have even gone so far as to make tavern guests DRINK CAGED ANIMALS. The well one might, but I'm not too sure. It's a pretty old but behavior so it's likely it hasn't been updated to actually include them drinking the water. I know for sure however the the last one will not work though. Vampires are hardcoded for some reason so they don't have any raw files. There is an example file though which shows what it would look like. Though I can't actually check right now and it's been a while since I have, so I'd recommend a quick check yourself, but I'm pretty sure the only editable vanilla interactions are cleaning ones.

True, you can't edit vampire raws, but it is possible to make a "vampire" type of species, I believe, and make it a transmittable interaction.  I think it just involves copying the raws for a mundane species, and then adding [BLOODSUCKER] and attribute modifier tokens, curtailing other tokens that would integrate them into society as active, productive members, unless that's what you want (although I don't know how that would work), and wrapping it all up by making interactions to transmit it. 

However, I'm not sure that making it transmittable through biting would produce the best results, since biting is a hostile action, and the victim would likely retaliate.

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2016, 04:45:12 pm »

True, you can't edit vampire raws, but it is possible to make a "vampire" type of species, I believe, and make it a transmittable interaction.  I think it just involves copying the raws for a mundane species, and then adding [BLOODSUCKER] and attribute modifier tokens, curtailing other tokens that would integrate them into society as active, productive members, unless that's what you want (although I don't know how that would work), and wrapping it all up by making interactions to transmit it. 

However, I'm not sure that making it transmittable through biting would produce the best results, since biting is a hostile action, and the victim would likely retaliate.
While you can make custom vampires, that wouldn't help here since this is asking help for an already generated world and a character which already has normal vampirism.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

EuphoriaToRegret

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile
    • My Newgrounds Art
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2016, 06:52:53 pm »

So im trying to work out how I can get others to drink my blood or how I can infect people.

My adventurer is a vampire lord of an abandoned city who is getting bored ever since a god cursed him, there are also a shockingly low amount of vampires in the world, A good way of fixing that would be to create some more.

The best way to go about this ?  If possible at all ?

Well, what I was able to do was put the blood in my backpack, take it to the tavern, ask for a drink, and then scoop the blood off the floor into the mug.
Sometimes, when you give the mug to a person via exchange, they'll drink it and become a vampire.
I'm not sure what determines whether a person will drink something you gave them.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2016, 08:02:54 pm »

People always drink whatever is in a mug, even if it is a cage which you put them in using dfhack.

If they don't drink it then they have a pouch, gotta trade the pouch away first.

EuphoriaToRegret

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile
    • My Newgrounds Art
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2016, 10:27:04 pm »

People always drink whatever is in a mug, even if it is a cage which you put them in using dfhack.

If they don't drink it then they have a pouch, gotta trade the pouch away first.

Interesting. I was wondering why some people would drink and others wouldn't. Does a pack also affect this as well, or just pouches?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2016, 08:08:06 am »

Nobody but us wears backpacks, quivers and so forth.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2016, 07:22:04 pm »

I suppose its possible, not easy but possible, you need to get a mug fill it with vampire blood then hand it to someone, you currently cannot use your body as a tap, so you have to either fill it while you are bleeding out if you are  a vampire or stab a vampire in an artery then use them as a tap (I do that to animals when I dont have water (stab->fill water skin)
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com