Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: What artifacts do you hope we get when the artifact release hits?  (Read 23458 times)

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
Re: What artifacts do you hope we get when the artifact release hits?
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2016, 09:03:03 pm »

I'd kind of like to see something like the example Toady gave one time in some DFTalk or something long ago, which was a coffer that is always full of food that you can use to send with your soldiers as they go off on adventures, but it is not to leave the fortress under a full moon or all the soldiers will turn into werebeasts.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

Spriggans

• Bay Watcher
  • Mushrooms eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2016, 01:45:58 am »

And unto this, Droggarth! Destined to wear the jeweled crown of The Aquiline Dominions upon a troubled brow. It is I, his chronicler, who alone can tell you of his saga. Let me tell you of the days of high adventure!

*Epic music of epicness starts*

You sir, made me want to watch the movie once more :)
[ETHIC:MURDERING_DWARVES:UNTHINKABLE]
[ETHIC:CUTTING_TREES:REQUIRED]
[ETHIC:USING_EXPLOITS:JUSTIFIED_IF_GOOD_REASON]

quekwoambojish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2016, 03:13:55 am »

I'm really looking forward to the looms of fate toady mentioned.

A guitar with strings of fate would be pretty badass to shred with too.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2016, 02:17:32 pm »

Twin artifact cabinets that teleport you between their locations.you could esape from marauding bandits, then put the cabinet over lava, in case the bandits try to follow you
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

DMT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2016, 08:04:13 pm »

I would like an necromancy artifact that allows one corpse to merge with another and continue to merge with more corpses and build one giant mega-corpse like this

Melting Sky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2016, 04:44:57 pm »

One word. Voodoo dolls. So you can twist and turn, and stab and slash something without getting your hands dirty

That would be great. It would be awesome to have witches, shaman or voodoo priestesses etc. from groups of people you have angered use voodoo dolls. Just out of the blue some of the fingers on your right hand just twist and break or you start projectile vomiting with only some vague sense that you have an enemy somewhere in the land of such and such that is working dark magic against you. Maybe you briefly catch a glimpse through the eyes of the voodoo doll of the local swamp or mountains etc. where your tormentor is performing the ritual. It could become an impromptu quest to hunt down the bastards that are torturing you.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2016, 04:54:48 pm »

I would like an necromancy artifact that allows one corpse to merge with another and continue to merge with more corpses and build one giant mega-corpse like this
I think that's gonna be available even without artifact use - one of the planned, not-yet-implemented night creature types are undead constructs with mismatched limbs, sutures and grafted weapons.

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
  • Ischrotaur Axe Lord [SUPERNATURAL][STRANGE_MOODS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2016, 05:50:40 pm »

Doh!! Mjölnir! The mighty hammer of Thor! How the fuck I forgot that considering the fact that I'm into Viking stuff too. Really useful having that hammer in hand as it allows you to fly and cast lighting at your foes. One must just be worthy of the hammer (right set of personality traits and values) to use it/lift it.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 05:53:49 pm by Droggarth »
"I'll make my own way." - Max Rockatansky

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2016, 07:57:23 pm »

And you can throw it and it returns.

The +9 Mjölner of Returning (+fly, invoking casts Lighting Bolt)

Twisted Resurrection (shambling mounds, crawling corpses, and GREAT ABOMINATIONS WHAT IS THAT)

I've been playing too much DCSS, this all looks like DCSS to me...
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
  • Ischrotaur Axe Lord [SUPERNATURAL][STRANGE_MOODS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2016, 09:58:50 pm »

And you can throw it and it returns.

The +9 Mjölner of Returning (+fly, invoking casts Lighting Bolt)

Aye!
"I'll make my own way." - Max Rockatansky

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2016, 04:18:04 am »

Some things like a boot that grants the wearer knowledge of all dance forms in the world and legendary skill in them for one hour each day.
And then that night turns you into a duck with broken leg and wing.

A cow skull totem which when used to smack people tells you all of the relationships with civs/groups they have.

A pair of rings, which when owned by two separate people make them fall madly in love with one-another. But also turn into two different forms of werebeasts during the full moon that try to tear each other to pieces.

The amulet of persuasion which causes anyone the wearer is arguing with to immediately acquiesce and adopt the values they argued in favor of.

A magic pebble, which when thrown at an enemy never misses, and always knocks the target unconscious, removing them from all conflicts, without killing.

A wool jacket that looks really, really ugly but protects the wearer from unwanted hugs from annoying family members.

A coffin which, when a corpse or bodypart of a deceased person is placed inside, summons their ghost whom you may talk to.

A stack of forgotten beast intestines which, whenever one is removed from the stack, summons a clone of the forgotten beast it came from. The clones' intestines are treated the same.

the cup of doom, which when drunk from inflicts a random syndrome that could be a mixture of good or bad traits of any strength.

scroll of deformity, which when read from will cause the mutilation, deformation, or loss of a random body part. (Because those gods of deformity are great pranksters...)

Hollow spear, which drains the blood of any creature it is used to pierce, at a steady rate, for as long as the spear is lodged in the wound.

Door of law, which cannot be opened by anyone who has broken a law in the territory of the civilization in possession of it.

Caphim, a helm which when worn summons Caphim, a guardian angel who will protect the wearer and obey them to the death.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2016, 05:51:45 am »

PTW.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Sit_Rom.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2016, 06:03:35 am »

... Just out of the blue some of the fingers on your right hand just twist and break or you start projectile vomiting with only some vague sense that you have an enemy somewhere in the land of such and such that is working dark magic against you...

Protagonist: "This must be the work of an enemy stand!"
"After a while I got fed up and threw my coins at him. The silver coins hit him in the body and shattered his upper spine. I sat there watching him slowly suffocate."

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2016, 06:30:42 am »

... Just out of the blue some of the fingers on your right hand just twist and break or you start projectile vomiting with only some vague sense that you have an enemy somewhere in the land of such and such that is working dark magic against you...

Protagonist: "This must be the work of an enemy stand!"
Oh Jesus, I swear if we get an artifact that stops time I'll be so happy.

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2016, 05:02:39 pm »

I would use that to traverse cities with libraries and goblin pits. Because if time is stopped, I'm the only thing out there that needs to path.  :P

How about an instrument that, when played, makes everyone who listens not need to eat, sleep, or drink? Then they could keep listening to it until the day they die.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5