Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: What artifacts do you hope we get when the artifact release hits?  (Read 23453 times)

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What artifacts do you hope we get when the artifact release hits?
« Reply #60 on: July 25, 2016, 05:54:49 am »

i would like to see armor or accesories that add random tags like amulet of [NOPAIN] or ring of [CAN_LEARN]

That would be sweet. Just a pity it requires a creature to have [EQUIP] to pick up the intelligence gauntlet of its own accord and be the right size for it, you could have a intelligent and domesticated pet drunarian/orangutan to work in the library (too much terry pratchett on my mind)

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 25, 2016, 07:53:11 am »

I'm hoping to get a sword that lets me shoot fireballs.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #62 on: July 25, 2016, 08:02:34 am »

More of a half-serious half-joking suggestion, but since I've been playing lots of Doom mods lately, I'd like to see a BFC (Big Fucking Crossbow) artifact that is more than twice the size of a regular crossbow and turns bolts into explody magic projectiles.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 25, 2016, 09:15:00 am »

More of a half-serious half-joking suggestion, but since I've been playing lots of Doom mods lately, I'd like to see a BFC (Big Fucking Crossbow) artifact that is more than twice the size of a regular crossbow and turns bolts into explody magic projectiles.

BFC ftw, siege crossbolts would be pretty good in the place of magic projectiles.

If we are speaking combat, a weapon (or a token attached to a kind of artifact) that can kill ghosts would be pretty good too, useful in adventure mode also if ghosts ever get more coverage outside of fortress mode. A enemy you can dodge through but under normal circumstances cannot hit.

Either that or handheld instruments that can explode heads at whom the music is directed at.

ShinQuickMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Mook
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 25, 2016, 05:28:46 pm »

Speaking of ghosts, an artifact that stops bogeymen from annoying you haunting you each night would be nice.

DMT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 25, 2016, 05:47:46 pm »

That would be cool
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 02:46:39 am by DMT »

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #66 on: July 26, 2016, 04:31:49 am »

If we are speaking combat, a weapon (or a token attached to a kind of artifact) that can kill ghosts would be pretty good too, useful in adventure mode also if ghosts ever get more coverage outside of fortress mode. A enemy you can dodge through but under normal circumstances cannot hit.

Either that or handheld instruments that can explode heads at whom the music is directed at.
Might as well combine that with the instrument idea - have an instrument that when played, puts nearby ghosts to rest.

I actually wonder if artifact sets are gonna be a thing at some point - i.e a set consisting of a white linen hat and coat, along with a blue shirt and black shoes that compels everything around you, living or un/dead, to rise up and dance whenever you do.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 26, 2016, 05:37:26 am »

Finally, something to encourage your raised corpses to join in with the festivities.

Killgoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 29, 2016, 08:10:27 am »

i would like to see armor or accesories that add random tags like amulet of [NOPAIN] or ring of [CAN_LEARN]

That would be sweet. Just a pity it requires a creature to have [EQUIP] to pick up the intelligence gauntlet of its own accord and be the right size for it, you could have a intelligent and domesticated pet drunarian/orangutan to work in the library (too much terry pratchett on my mind)
I don't know if it has been a house rule or not because I never DM, but in my group's old D&D campaigns and current Pathfinder campaigns, magic items resize to fit the creature equipping them.
Given the broad array of creatures and sizes I hope Toady implements something like that.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #69 on: July 30, 2016, 09:53:32 pm »

Meh, "every single artifact resizes itself" seems bland. Why not have some of each? Mystical amulets that can fit around a rat's or an ogre's neck, or a huge set of armour only trolls can wear, or a tiny sword that's excellent in dwarven hands but too tiny for humans to wield with ease.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 02, 2016, 10:18:17 am »

Meh, "every single artifact resizes itself" seems bland. Why not have some of each? Mystical amulets that can fit around a rat's or an ogre's neck, or a huge set of armour only trolls can wear, or a tiny sword that's excellent in dwarven hands but too tiny for humans to wield with ease.
Currently Backpacks, Quivers, rings, and other such Accessories(amulets, bracelets, Etc.) are One-size-fits-all.
Of Course, the great Toady One might change this.
And Wouldn't a tiny sword just function like a dagger for humans?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Z49000

• Bay Watcher
  • [HERETIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 09, 2016, 11:59:14 pm »

I'd love to see something like the Dragonslayer Spear from Dark Souls: a giant weapon that can electrocute some one and shoot lightning bolts- that is if the Great Toady decides to add lightning or electricity in.
"Science isn't about why. Science is about WHY NOT?"- Cave Johnson, Portal 2
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]