Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: Towergirls; Subtitle Pending  (Read 55384 times)

DukeFluffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Towergirls; Subtitle Pending
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2016, 02:29:35 am »

Edit 2: Aaand just encountered a bug.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Seems to be happening with others.  I'll be sure to prioritize that crash.  Let me know if that prevents you from continuing.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2016, 02:39:59 am »

Controls in combat are kind of awkward, or I haven't figured out keyboard-only combat.

Currently, I guessed correctly (not written anywhere) that "a" was attack and "d" was defense.  But I still have to click the mouse per attack and move the mouse to the target.  For dungeon grinding, easy key layout takes away from the exhaustion.

Thanks for starting a topic!  Game shows lots of promise.

A shop at the beginning, so I can customize the starting character, would be nice.

JumpingJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2016, 04:30:48 am »

Edit 2: Aaand just encountered a bug.

Seems to be happening with others.  I'll be sure to prioritize that crash.  Let me know if that prevents you from continuing.

It does. Still getting the error. Just for clarification, I had defeated two of the penguin scouts before I went back to the camp and crashed. Not sure if that might've somehow triggered it.
I'M NOT HERE TO CHAT, I'M HERE TO DANCE OVER YOUR DEFEAT.
Imagine how much more exciting the dinosaur exhibits would be if we had necromancers.
Sigtext

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2016, 04:44:40 am »

So this is what Duke left Chapter Master to make? Badass Space Marines to MonsterGirl Waifus?

Looks cute enough, I'll take a look when I get the chance.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2016, 08:34:50 am »

I like girls, and towers are generally worth climbing. So this has peaked my interest. Without screenshots though, it's hard to get a real grasp of what manner of game this is intended to be.

Malus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2016, 09:08:02 am »

So this is what Duke left Chapter Master to make? Badass Space Marines to MonsterGirl Waifus?

Now I'm just left wondering when I'll be able to deck my waifus out in power armor...

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2016, 10:03:17 am »

Now I'm just left wondering when I'll be able to deck my waifus out in power armor...
Your waifu can be power armour.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2016, 11:29:26 am »

the original version
Spoiler: Small Image (click to show/hide)
That pun.

... This project has my approval.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2016, 12:13:36 pm »

Honestly, my biggest gripe at the moment is the difficulty of tracking down that last scout. >.>
The repetitiveness and lack of balance is more heavily exacerbated in the next dungeon. As for the last scout, consider that the kobold shaman said there are two to the north and one to the west; you should go around the perimeter of the navigable area. Use your map.

Controls in combat are kind of awkward, or I haven't figured out keyboard-only combat.
Mouse controls are unpolished too. The hitboxes are not intuitive and the highlighting isn't totally consistent, particularly when using multiple-target abilities.

DukeFluffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2016, 03:06:49 pm »

Mouse controls are unpolished too. The hitboxes are not intuitive and the highlighting isn't totally consistent, particularly when using multiple-target abilities.

That's going to need a little bit of work, yep.

Also quick band-aid patch-

Fixes:
Frosty Berry drop rate increased
Traps should no longer activate while the game is paused or saving/loading
Exiting from the 'use item menu' will no longer crash the game under certain circumstances
Snow Golem now has 5 less health and 1 less armor
The Escape/Pause menu now works while zoomed in on a territory
Changed options now properly save
Game no longer crashes when Loading from Verkat's room in Glacier Fields
Enemy item drops should no longer appear out of bounds or behind the UI
Added targeting keyboard shortcuts for attacks/spells/abilities in battle
Verkat's firepit will now regenerate your health slowly in Glacier Fields.

Fixes:
Glacier Fields has been reduced in size
All character names have been replaced with titles
Fixed a crash that occurred in the options menu
Fixed the crash on startup- those that are locked out of the game will no longer be
Snow Golem weakness to fire now works as intended
Lines are correctly spaced in the BBoS - Mobs section

Fixes:
Ser Knight is now halted while leveling up
You may no longer hit the levelup button during a room transition
Quicksaving will no longer loop
Targeted with abilities will no longer crash the game
Unpausing the game while an emote is present will no longer crash the game
Restorative abilities now restore the correct amount of HP/SP
Target hotkey numbers now disappear when not needed
Friendly abilities can no longer target enemies by health-panel
If you enter battle with a activated frost spigot trap it will now stop
Unpausing at the end conversation no longer crashes the game
Restored a missing Glacier Fields room connection.
You can no longer enter Dungeons while travelling (in an army or otherwise)
Fixed an inventory glitch caused by opening targeting with one item and clicking another
Hitting escape in most menus will close that menu, rather than pausing
Clicking a dialogue option will no longer stutter the upcoming options or double click
Game now keeps scale; game should look better on less wide monitors

Fixes:
Firebombs now work
Weakness to fire actually actually working correctly
Hotkey numbers now appear for friendlies when using relevant abilities
LEAVE NONE ALIVE is now properly marked as a Siege ability
You can now left-click on NPC's to speak with them, in addition to pressing Space
Clicking buttons while loading will no longer crash the game
Save game recovery dialogue now appears on the screen in the main menu
During end-of-turn, with the party, right clicking for a new destination as the old one is finishing will no longer freeze travelling
You can no longer save while in the process of levelling up
Pressing space will no longer end the turn if in a conversation on the overmap
In the overmap, opening up a full-screen window will prevent scrolling
The tutorial has new dialogue
Both parts of the tutorial are now skipable
Shortened the first frame of the tutorial cinematic by 2.6 seconds

Fixes:
You now get a bit of experience when skipping the tutorial to balance the options.
Fixed a crash involving Big Book of Stuff popups and unpausing
Skipping the tutorial no longer prevents movement in later dungeons
Holding/using an item when a battle starts no longer softlocks the game
New gameplay hints are in- they remain on the screen until clicked and do not pause the game
You can no longer try to save during battles or sieges
NPC's that you cannot talk to will no longer say 'Left Click to Talk' on hover
You can no longer try to save while in a conversation
Pausing and unpausing in battle when projectiles are flying no longer crashes the game
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 04:40:13 pm by DukeFluffy »

DukeFluffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2016, 12:52:54 am »

It is finally that time.  Edit: I suppose I should add that most of Human Princess' gauntlet is in.  Next to be added is that boss fight, resolution, and then the rest of Human Princess and Kobold Princess' quests.

Towergirls 0.106

Major Changes:
A new user interface has been added to dungeons/battles/sieges/overmap.  It makes use of radial buttons on the bottom left of the screen, and then context sensitive buttons on the bottom center.  The thing scales with window size (at least for overmap and battles) so it should remain mostly legible for everyone.  Hotkeys are also more functional than before.  It's still being ironed out, expect some weird stuff until then.

Enemy mobs now scale based on the difference of their base level and the player level.  At the same (or higher than player) level, they will have no modifiers, but for every 2 levels the player is higher they receive +1 Damage and +5% health.  We'll see how this performs once the game is more continuous.

Shops have been added to the game!  You may now buy and sell items at them- the inventories reset after four weeks, or four turns.  There is currently one merchant in High Forest and one using the Call Courier spell.

Wound Dressing and Sterile Wound Dressing have been added to the game.  They are consumables that remove Bleeds and heal for a good amount over time- but taking damage while under the effect will remove them.  They are best used outside of fights.

Locked doorways have been added to the game, in dungeons.  You can open them by finding a 'Small Key' in the same dungeon and then left clicking the locked doorway twice.

The shiny state-of-the-art* launcher/patcher has been fixed up and enabled.

Fixes:
Pressing 'R' will no longer restart the current room.
Fixed the dialogue chain when answering Wine Knight about future plans.
Fixed some borked SP/MP stuff with the new siege variables.
Grabbing a character's ability, in the character screen on the overmap, can no longer lock up the main buttons.
Kobold Councilor's firepit now correctly heals the entire party.
Fixed a crash when leaving the 'dungeon completed' screen with unrevealed victory items.
Quest description text is now saved as flags, rather than actual text.  This means that (future) late-game save files will be a lot smaller and the quest text can be changed after the fact.
The game now checks for the current version at my new website.
Fixed a bug where the 'player is travelling on overmap' bool was not being loaded correctly.
Base character Accuracy has been increased by 20%.  (70% -> 90%).
Most hotkeys no longer work while the debug console is open.
The 'Sword, Shield, Mail, Hardtack, Camp' added no longer appear whenever loading a game.
Options for recovering a save game in the main menu now appear correctly on screen.
Output text in the lower right is now saved and remembered.
Kobold Shamans have decided to get in on the 'physically kind of correct light shading' and 'warpaint' things.
Wizard Destruction spells now have talent-trees and prerequisites.
There can now be more than 40 rooms within a single floor of a dungeon.
Thrown items now have animations in battle.
Firestrike has been given an animation in battle.
You now choose your origin during the introduction scene in the tavern.
Dialogue options are no longer darker than they should be.
Two new weapons have been added to the game, courtesy of Collin.
Lurking and Opportunism have been switched in the Knavery skill tree.
Characters are now correctly listed within the overmap characters screen.
Charismatic and Silver Tongue now work as intended.
You now level up during the tutorial, whether or not it is skipped.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 01:03:13 am by DukeFluffy »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2016, 04:40:56 am »

I was wondering what happened to this topic. Just sort of disappeared or something.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

JumpingJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2016, 11:19:03 pm »

Aw yiss; the waifus are back.

so like, are there screenshots? is it a text-based game? roguelike? i don't even really know what i'm in for if i download it
Here's a general screenshot off o' Google Images. (Disclaimer: might be from an old build. Also a large image.)
I'M NOT HERE TO CHAT, I'M HERE TO DANCE OVER YOUR DEFEAT.
Imagine how much more exciting the dinosaur exhibits would be if we had necromancers.
Sigtext

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2016, 11:38:26 pm »

Holy shit I just downloaded this a couple days ago and my god you work fast.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2016, 12:24:23 am »

So I downloaded the demo linked in the OP. First thing I do is open the options menu. I had no idea how to get back out of the options menu. Took me a few minutes to find the little chalky white x in the corner. That was an awkward start.

Played through the tutorial. Get to the overworld map. Click the little plus icon on my knight picture to level up. Window doesn't come up unless I hit escape. Apply the stat changes and skill points and etc. Close the character window. hit escape to bring up the menu. Click save game. Get an error and crash the game.

Spoiler: errorlog (click to show/hide)

Also I don't know if I'm just stupid or what but I couldn't seem to move or go anywhere on the world map. Tried right clicking on the glacier place, then hitting spacebar, got no response.

Alright so it looks like if I try to level up and do the whole process described above while in the overworld then the little knight character on the world map disappears. So I can't click on it to go anywhere. Weeeeeird bug. And attempting to save the game results in the above error and crash. Fortunately I could reload the prior save and level up in the glacier fields dungeon.

Played up to the start of the glacier tower. Game's ok for a really early demo. Art style is charming. User interface needs polishing and there's of course bugs and typos and whatnot. But it's playable. The banter with the drunk knights in the tutorial was hilarious.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8