Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: Towergirls; Subtitle Pending  (Read 55920 times)

DukeFluffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Towergirls; Subtitle Pending
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2016, 04:39:13 am »

so like, are there screenshots? is it a text-based game? roguelike? i don't even really know what i'm in for if i download it
Have some screenshots.  JRPG meets waifuing (kind of getting there) meets civ building (eventually).

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Holy shit I just downloaded this a couple days ago and my god you work fast.
In fairness I've been working on and off with this game for like a year.

Took me a few minutes to find the little chalky white x in the corner. That was an awkward start.

[sic]

Alright so it looks like if I try to level up and do the whole process described above while in the overworld then the little knight character on the world map disappears. So I can't click on it to go anywhere. Weeeeeird bug. And attempting to save the game results in the above error and crash. Fortunately I could reload the prior save and level up in the glacier fields dungeon.

Played up to the start of the glacier tower. Game's ok for a really early demo. Art style is charming. User interface needs polishing and there's of course bugs and typos and whatnot. But it's playable. The banter with the drunk knights in the tutorial was hilarious.

I'm glad that you found it somewhat amusing!  The game is in a very early stage, but as we get the engine and systems more in place a lot of polish will be added in.  I'll be fixing the crash/bugs you mentioned with the upcoming patch.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2016, 10:49:35 pm »

Posting to watch. It feels kinda weird learning about this game from one of the people working on it before finding it here. Can't remember exactly what he did though. Writing maybe? One of those 'Small World' kind of deals.

How much has the game progressed? Last build I played only went up to freeing the kobolds and certainly didn't look as swanky as those pics. Is there a proper changelog or something I could look at? Is the UI not so rough anymore? I definitely remember some weirdness with hotkeys before that annoyed me greatly.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2016, 11:24:02 pm »

PTW

Especially interested in the civ building.
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

DukeFluffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2016, 01:16:47 am »

Posting to watch. It feels kinda weird learning about this game from one of the people working on it before finding it here. Can't remember exactly what he did though. Writing maybe? One of those 'Small World' kind of deals.

How much has the game progressed? Last build I played only went up to freeing the kobolds and certainly didn't look as swanky as those pics. Is there a proper changelog or something I could look at? Is the UI not so rough anymore? I definitely remember some weirdness with hotkeys before that annoyed me greatly.

Page two of this thread has all the changes.  It's still about the same, but we have a new UI and most of the Human Princess rescue quest in.  Also lots of bug fixes.  Once Human Princess is rescue we'll be focusing on finishing her and Kobold Princess' quests, up until gaining control of a territory from them.

Especially interested in the civ building.

Soon.  Or not really soon, but it's going to be next after Human Princess.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2016, 05:01:54 am »

Alright. Thank you very much.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 05:19:11 am by USEC_OFFICER »

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2016, 05:16:32 am »

Well then, this meme had certainly grown. Is Boy Princess a thing?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

DukeFluffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2016, 05:55:56 pm »

Is Boy Princess a thing?

Soon (TM).  We're hitting the gen 1 princesses in order.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2016, 06:56:50 pm »

Honestly, the goals and characters are all great, but basic gameplay, engine convenience and intuitiveness, and level design all need to be sorted out.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 05, 2016, 02:10:56 am »

may as well PTW
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

DukeFluffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2016, 05:52:04 pm »

Boss isn't quite ready yet for Enchanted Tower.  Adding in some items and fixes in the mean time.

Towergirls 0.107

Major Changes:
Items with random prefixes/suffixes can now appear in shops.  The prefixes/suffixes on these items change when the shop is restocked (4 weeks).  Suffixes will partly be based upon the player's level.  Note that most on-hit effects are not working yet, but the magic weapons aren't really attainable yet without cheats anyways.

A new item slot has been added for Helmets- they will soon be visible on the character sprite.

Minor Changes:
The 'enable cheats' cheat has been changed.
Grumpy Salesmaiden sprite now appears above the black square.
A Blacksmith has been added to High Forest's merchant district.
Many new weapons and types of armor have been added.
Axes now have less scaling damage.
Daggers are now based on Agility instead of Power.
All types of Shield have had their Avoidance reduced by 5%.
Fixed a bug that would remove the party icon from the overmap.
Inventory tooltips now display the item mechanics instead of a longer description.
Item prefixes and suffixes now work in shops.
A rare crash on pressing 'New Game' in the main menu should no longer occur.
Correct resource icons now appear in territory inspect.
Main buttons will no longer lock up in the Overmap after viewing Characters.
Button shortcuts have been added for the Overmap main buttons.
Clicking a character's levelup icon on the Overmap will no longer lock up the game and works as expected.
Fixed a bug that prevented Spears from working.
The big group of dead knights now only appears in the first room of Enchanted Tower.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2016, 09:26:19 pm »

It was a pretty silly but fun thing a while back
here is the know your meme page

the original version

and the kinda crazy newest version
That is pretty neat. PTW
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

DukeFluffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 01, 2016, 03:06:48 pm »

Dialogue wasn't completed for Enchanted Tower so we're going to be focusing on kingdom stuff for a bit.

Towergirls 0.108

Major Changes:
A new option called 'Test Game' has been added to the main menu. This option creates a new game which immediately places you in control of High Forest or Cave Canopy, letting you test different parts of the civ building.  Relatively barebones at the moment, but most of the coding is in place already (sans UI), so expect future additions to come quickly.

Minor Changes:
The territory UI has been updated.
Clicking on an avatar in the overmap no longer locks up the menus.
Clicking on an avatar in the overmap will now go straight to that character info.
Fixed a bug where new party members would have their helm slot show inaccurate info.
Added a simple 'End of Turn' alert when ending the turn in the Overmap.
Non-Player Armies now save, as was intended.
Territories now save their Upgrades and Garrisons, as was intended.
Ending turn on the Overmap is much faster.
Abilities with modifiers (POW/INT bonuses) now take into account the current/temporary attribute value.
Battle damage floats have been improved; crits are more obvious now.
In battle, when a character or enemy is dealt damage they have a short animation.
Recruitment UI has been updated.
Territories now only have 6 to 24 upgrades, based on size.  (4+(size*2))
Building UI has been updated.
Constructing/recruiting now appears on the Overmap near the respective territory.
Territory names always appear now.
Cheat codes have been updated for August.

Edit: Hotfixed a crash.

Towergirls 0.109

Major Changes:
Unbroke Kobold Princess dialogues when returning to Canopy Cave.  Oops.

Defensive Buildings have been added; they function as ablative Defeats for the territory in question.  If a territory with no garrison or defensive buildings is attacked it becomes captured.  A territory with a garrison, but no defensive buildings, is similarly captured if the garrison is defeated.

Territories can now be captured!  Winning a Siege against or attacking a Territory with no Defensive Buildings grants control of it.  You may choose to Usurp (capture) or Raze (burn and pillage) the Territory in question.

Minor Changes:
You can no longer click on territories through menus.
While leveling up you can no longer switch to view another character.
Right clicking while selecting a territory no longer crashes the game.
You can no longer level up a character during Battle or Sieges.
Armies can now be Ungarrisoned, moved around the map, and Garrisoned.
Clicking a BBoS popup at a Dungeon Completed screen no longer hangs the game.
Armies can now attack a territory on the Overmap, and fight an AI garrison.
Correct resource productions are displayed in the Building UI.
You can now back out of attacking a territory on the Overmap.
Some building icons and building fluff text has been added.
Buildings now have tooltips in the Territory UI.
Buildings can now be repaired by clicking on their icon in the Territory UI and spending Gold.
High Forest and Canopy Cave have been split up into several subterritories; other territories will be split in the future.
Player faction/race is now being saved correctly.
'Reconnaissance' on a territory now decays, as was intended.
Leaving a non-owned territory will no longer continue to display detailed info for several turns.
You may now speak with generic Ministers and assign them tasks, through the Territory inspect screen.
BBoS Ability text has been restored.
Clicking on settings bars in the Options screen will no longer over-click into Pause options.
Bandages now heal a minimum of 2HP each tick.
Being hit by abilities will now remove Bandages, as was intended.
Fixed a crash when loading a save game from within combat.
Cheat codes have been updated for September.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 02:07:44 pm by DukeFluffy »

DukeFluffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2016, 12:41:19 am »

T-t-triple post!  Double post.  Figure it's time to bump again.  We finally overcame the hurdle of no one wanting to write the boss dialogue for Enchanted Tower, and Human Princess has been added to the game.  From here we'll be adding more of a story, allowing the player to save multiple princesses if they so like.  Soon the DEMO OVER screen will be an ancient memory and it'll feel more like a game.

Towergirls 0.110

Major Changes:
The dungeon minimap has been replaced with a prettier looking, somewhat hand-drawn map.  Gone are the days of grid-based, identical square rooms.
The final floor of Enchanted Tower is now functional!  Human Princess awaits!

Minor Changes:
Picking up items now has a popup at the bottom center of the screen.
Human King's Seneschal has been given a new sprite.
Added some beautification to the third floor of Enchanted Tower.
Wine Knight says the correct dialogue when first finding him in Enchanted Tower.
Fixed a bug where quest flags were not saving correctly.
Quest mobs (I.e. Penguine Scouts) now have a UI indicator when off-screen but in the current room.
While camping, the radial panel and output display are shown once again.
Fixed a crash that occurred when a damaging ability did little damage.
New, shiny boss health bars have been added.
Dialogue choice options now all display at full font size, with hardly any compacting.
Dungeon items in the current room will be picked up when the dungeon is finished.
You can now skip most cinnematics by bashing [Space] or [Enter].

Edit: Hotfixed a crash caused by sieges.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 12:46:29 pm by DukeFluffy »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2016, 09:24:49 am »

Hurray
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

DukeFluffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2016, 01:59:10 pm »

Deployed another hotfix, this time for changing dungeons and miniboss pathfinding.

Edit: Left in debug stuff that was preventing the game from starting normally.  Hotfix has been deployed for the hotfix.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 12:39:37 pm by DukeFluffy »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8