Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: Towergirls; Subtitle Pending  (Read 56009 times)

DukeFluffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Towergirls; Subtitle Pending
« Reply #45 on: November 03, 2016, 12:08:08 am »

Towergirls 0.111

Major Changes:
You can now travel back to Canopy Cave with Kobold Princess and Kobold Knight, which means you may then save and proceed to save Human Princess, if you so like.  Krest is currently non-functional while we create assets for Jungle and Kobold Interiors.

Minor Changes:
Plaguebombs have been given a battle animation/particle effect.
'It's Shit' now reduces item costs, as was intended.
Item tooltips once again work in the shop.
Apply Weak Poison changed to Septic Blade and added to the game.
Certain buffs (Non-magic poison, stunning, etc.) will now stack on enemies, as was intended.
You may now add/remove/reorder party members in the Overmap - Characters screen.
Fixed the Accuracy bug that was removing 20-30% Accuracy from characters.
When starting a new game, Ser Knight once more appears in the correct part of the room.
Fixed a bug that prevented some persistent buffs from modifying stats in battle.
The 'select garrisoned army' button is much more responsive now and properly works.
Recruited units are not all flagged that they 'contain player'.
Highlighting armies or the party on the overmap is more visually responsive.
Moving to a very close territory with an army, or the party, will no longer cause an endless end-of-turn.  Finally.
You can now change the Leader of army units.
Characters now heal a little when ending the turn.
BBoS Entry added for Malevolent Mirror.

Edit: Hotfixed a typo that was causing a crash.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 11:39:13 am by DukeFluffy »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #46 on: November 03, 2016, 11:57:46 am »

PTW. I wasn't piqued at first but this is looking more interesting all the time.

DukeFluffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 11, 2016, 04:09:50 pm »

Towergirls 0.112

Minor Changes:
Added decorations to Glacier Keep.
Boss health-bars, at least in combat, are more animated and shake on taking damage.
Molted Hatchlings now face the right direction in battle.
New sprites added for Jungle environments.
The free/temporary kobold army units had some variables missing (after the overhaul); has been rectified.
You should no longer be able to add characters who are leading units to your party.
Enemies are no longer perma-stunned by abilities with Stunning.***
(***Unless you keep hitting them with it, since that now stacks as intended.)
Fixed a crash that occurred when saving the game.
Changed cheatcodes for November.

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 11, 2016, 08:22:29 pm »

Holy shit, this actually became a thing. /tg/ gets shit done.

I don't know if this is the best place to report bugs, but when I went through the tutorial, picking up the bottle shiv and looking at it in my inventory caused the game to throw up a draw error and crash.

EDIT with more reports of bugs you may or may not already be aware of:
-Saving at the end of a quest causes event sequencing to fuck up, forcing me to reload
-You know how when fighting the Penguine Scouts, your attack will be cancelled if you attack the scout with a melee attack the same turn he summons a new wolf to block you? If he summons a second wolf while the first is alive, it will cancel your attack against the existing wolf.
-About halfway through the first floor of the Glacial Tower, the battle background stopped rendering, leaving a plain brown field
-Like the broken bottle, the item you obtain after defeating the Glacial Tower boss causes a draw error
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 09:42:04 pm by HailFire »
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 11, 2016, 09:54:06 pm »

I think it's more like Duke then /tg/
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

DukeFluffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 12, 2016, 12:06:02 am »

-but when I went through the tutorial, picking up the bottle shiv and looking at it in my inventory caused the game to throw up a draw error and crash.

EDIT [other bugs]

Some of those I was not aware of, or were not on my list, so thanks for pointing them out.  Best place would be our Towergirls forum, but I also check this thread at least every day.  Either works.

Thanks for the report.  Will try and have those all fixed with the upcoming patch.

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 12, 2016, 08:22:54 am »

Not a problem. In fact, in urgent bug news, Disms in the enchanted tower will usually either skip their turn or attempt to use a spell that crashes the game.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

DukeFluffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 15, 2016, 03:11:48 pm »

Disms in the enchanted tower will usually either skip their turn or attempt to use a spell that crashes the game.
Skipping their turn is intended, since I bloated their HP like mad.

Wasn't able to get any crashes with Disms.  Which type was causing the crash?  And did that type of Dism use another ability without crashing?

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 15, 2016, 04:05:15 pm »

Wasn't able to get any crashes with Disms.  Which type was causing the crash?  And did that type of Dism use another ability without crashing?

If I recall correctly, I encountered every type except for the flying ball-shaped one, and all of them were causing crashes. I think the first Menial Dism I encountered may have used a normal attack successfully, but other than that, no; getting through the tower was a complete crapshoot of repeatedly reloading the game until I could kill them without them trying to attack and saving after every fight.

DukeFluffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 03, 2016, 12:43:58 am »

Towergirls 0.113

Major Changes:
You can now have an audience with Kobold King and perform two of the three tasks for the Kobold Council.  More soon to come.  Excuse the placeholder art assets and missing dungeon clutter.

Minor Changes:
The tileset for Kobold caves has been added.
Fixed equipment tooltips in the inventory.
Fixed a rare crash when drawing background images.
Player origin options now have brief descriptions.
Animations when gaining/losing Gold and Silver have been added.
Completed dungeon reward items now always show the correct sprite.
Character Ranged Resist now shows the correct value, accounting for worn items.
Dungeon chests are now hand-placed.
Loading a game should no longer respawn items/chests in the room loaded to.
Forge Knight can now craft an item from the Icicle Carving.  Oculus Carving options soon (TM).
'Other' items now correctly appear in the inventory.
Two-handed weapon functionality has been added; they prevent use of off-hand items while equipped.
Fixed a bug that was constantly combining resource incomes.
Kobold Councilor has been given a new sprite.
All mentions of Dragon Queen have been removed for plot reasons.
Magic also regenerates on the Overmap while ending the turn.
Items called "0" should no longer be loaded.
Quest entries in the BBoS can now span multiple pages.  Was a total pain.
Bows scale off of Agility now rather than Power.
Ser Knight will no longer pause mid-step when dialogue starts, and finish his step.
NPC's can now initiate dialogue under specific circumstances.
Fixed Spider Swarm not dealing damage.

Other Changes:
Work has begun on allowing mods for the game.  An early version of the Conversation Designer can be found on the forum for downloading.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 03, 2016, 12:01:02 pm »

Huh.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 03, 2016, 10:52:04 pm »

It's shaping up pretty good!  Glad to see progress.

Edit:  I rescued the kobold princess and went back to the human kingdom, but I can't seem to move to a new area?  It's stuck.  What do?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 10:57:44 pm by Puzzlemaker »
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

DukeFluffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 03, 2016, 11:33:57 pm »

Edit:  I rescued the kobold princess and went back to the human kingdom, but I can't seem to move to a new area?  It's stuck.  What do?
Do you have an army sprite (kobold or some other random thing) within High Forest, or is it a tiny Ser Knight?

Try ending the turn.  If that fails, send me a screenshot , if you would.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 04, 2016, 11:19:35 am »

Do you have an army sprite (kobold or some other random thing) within High Forest, or is it a tiny Ser Knight?

Try ending the turn.  If that fails, send me a screenshot , if you would.

Ending the turn didn't work, and it looks like there are two sprites overlaid on top of each other, one of Ser and one of the kobold army, with Ser being on top.

Screenshot here:  http://imgur.com/a/BXj4T

If you want me to send a save let me know.

DukeFluffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 05, 2016, 05:47:25 pm »

If you want me to send a save let me know.
Yeah, that would be best.  Something kind of like that has happened before- it seems like the next bit of the journey isn't automatically set, sometimes.  Did the Kobold Princess conversation at High Forest proc?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8