Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: Towergirls; Subtitle Pending  (Read 55829 times)

DukeFluffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Towergirls; Subtitle Pending
« Reply #75 on: April 25, 2017, 08:11:55 pm »

Just found out there was a patreon for this... Shouldn't you do a bit more to promote it if you're hoping to make money off of it?

And what's that UI overhaul mentioned on your forum?
The UI overhaul mentioned on the forum is pretty old, I think, and was when we went from the UI designed by me to the new radial one.  Or it could have referred to the still-kind-of-old menus that we intend on replacing.  We're going to be swapping out the inventory, character inspection screen, talents screen, etc.

As for advertising, we're going to try and get more content in the game and fix things up before making an advertising push.

Also-
Towergirls 0.122

Major Changes:
None.

Minor Changes:
Fixed a bug that prompted an empty policy screen with new save games on ending the turn.

Towergirls 0.123

Major Changes:
None.

Minor Changes:
When viewing a princess' talents, and switching to a new non-princess character, correct class tabs will be displayed.
Same goes for viewing a knight's talents, and switching to a princess.  The princess talents page will now be the default page.
Windowed mode is now supported in options.  Send in a bug report if that acts up.
You can now only carry two Camp items.
Magic Merchant has been added.  Be sure to visit his shop for your alchemical or magical needs!
Serums, Staves, and Mojo Bags have been added.
Additional territories have been added.  Gen 2 and 3 territories still need to be split up further, but it should give an idea of where things will eventually be.
Hitting the 'confirm' button to apply a new Minister to a territory will no longer fail.
Fixed a typo that prevented food and magic income from being added up correctly.
You can now prospect territories by clicking on the '?' in the fourth resource slot, for 100 Gold.  After a few turns you will then be able to choose from several random resources.
Staves can have a Bound Spell; while equip, the character is granted an extra spell specific to the item.  This can be used from the Items favbar.  Note that the wielder must be a Wizard in order to use the bonus spell.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 07:52:21 pm by DukeFluffy »

Frugal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 23, 2017, 12:07:32 am »

I have an old save from the end of the 0.100 version, right after rescuing the Kobold Princess and my army is en route to return.  If I load that save in 0.123, my army just walks straight there without getting a conversation from the princess halfway through, and then nothing happens.  The quest does not progress any further.  I saved my game at the start of the second conversation (that ends the demo) in the 0.100 version, and loading it in 0.123 results in the army arriving at the land just north of canopy then refusing to go anywhere valid afterwards- the waypoint is somewhere offscreen to the northwest.  I thought initially that I had not managed to save my game then because the save menu didn't let me do anything, but apparently it saved after all.  Or it decided to autosave?

I made a new character in 0.123, went and started fighting the penguins, then a scout summoned a dog after I killed the first one and the new dog didn't show up in the enemy list at the bottom of the screen.  I attacked it (with poison talent active) and it crashed with a complaint about applying a buff to something.
I heard someone else had a crash at the boss.

Got a crash during the army fight, when I pressed A during the second round of combat (I'm guessing it's not a valid shortcut in an army battle)

of Draw Event
for object obj_panel:

local variable y5(100071, -2147483648) not set before reading it.
at gml_Object_obj_panel_Draw_0
############################################################################################

I went left in Glacier Keep and reached the second to last room in that path, and the chest was directly in front of the exit leading north, so that I seemingly could not get close enough to open it.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 01:17:19 am by Frugal »

DukeFluffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 23, 2017, 01:05:15 am »

[sic]
Good to know, thanks for reporting all that.  Old saves prior to the overmap rework (0.119, or so) are not retroactively functional, but the rest of those definitely sound like bugs.  'A' should be valid button in siege combat.  I'll see if I can find what caused those crashes.

Frugal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 23, 2017, 01:51:11 am »

There's a couple rooms in Glacier Keep which have exits visible on the map, but those exits do not seem to exist in the rooms themselves.  It's generally annoying that some rooms have exits which are not visible, you just have to rub against the edge of the screen.
If you exit the dungeon at any point past the army battle, you can add kobold wizards to your party, but you will have to do the army battle again, because the dungeons past the first don't unlock. (or does the chancellor just tell you that, and you get to skip the battle?  I just loaded my game instead)
I chose Charismatic but my disposition didn't increase for Kobold Knight, it's still at 44.
Tripwire traps don't render properly when you move: the nearest peg moves too far.
The last room on floor 3 of the ice tower has a stairwell west on the map, but the exit is north in the room.
I got to the snow golem and fought it for a while then decided I didn't particularly like having to burn almost all my healing items because I went into the fight wounded.  I tried to load my game and got this crash:

of Destroy Event
for object obj_battle:

Unable to find any instance for object index '34' name 'obj_dungeon'
at gml_Object_obj_battle_Destroy_0
############################################################################################

And is it just me or is the snow golem completely immune to blinding shot?  Seems a bit brutal for the first boss to be immune to the first active ability you can get for Kobold Knight.  Edit: or does the skill just never hit?  I haven't gotten it to work on anything yet.

Are there any shortswords available anywhere?  The alternative for a melee Knave is to use a dagger, and those do half the base damage of a sword...
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 03:46:01 am by Frugal »

DukeFluffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 23, 2017, 07:32:04 pm »

If you exit the dungeon at any point past the army battle, you can add kobold wizards to your party, but you will have to do the army battle again, because the dungeons past the first don't unlock. (or does the chancellor just tell you that, and you get to skip the battle?  I just loaded my game instead)
I chose Charismatic but my disposition didn't increase for Kobold Knight, it's still at 44.
Tripwire traps don't render properly when you move: the nearest peg moves too far.
The last room on floor 3 of the ice tower has a stairwell west on the map, but the exit is north in the room.
I got to the snow golem and fought it for a while then decided I didn't particularly like having to burn almost all my healing items because I went into the fight wounded.  I tried to load my game and got this crash:

[crash]

And is it just me or is the snow golem completely immune to blinding shot?  Seems a bit brutal for the first boss to be immune to the first active ability you can get for Kobold Knight.  Edit: or does the skill just never hit?  I haven't gotten it to work on anything yet.

Are there any shortswords available anywhere?  The alternative for a melee Knave is to use a dagger, and those do half the base damage of a sword...

Kobold Wizards is working as intended, but I should probably set those to busy/leading/etc.  Will take a look at the unlocking being stored / Charismatic for knights / tripwire panning.  The snow golem has high status resist (something like 50% IIRC).  If you travel over to High Forest / Endless Fields / Canopy Cave, there are item merchants within the towns that have other items and equipment for sale.

Could you send the save game that is causing that crash?  These are normally located in C:\Users\asdgsdgadsg\AppData\Local\Towergirls and take the form of two .ini files.

Thank you for pointing those out, also.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #80 on: May 23, 2017, 09:21:58 pm »

Where can I follow tinybone, Unyin, and Gats' personal art?

Frugal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 23, 2017, 09:37:50 pm »

Could you send the save game that is causing that crash?  These are normally located in C:\Users\asdgsdgadsg\AppData\Local\Towergirls and take the form of two .ini files.

It only crashed once, when I tried to load the game while in the middle of the snow golem fight.  Worked fine after I started the game back up again, and I have since overwritten the save.

edit: I started a new game as a Fighter and went for the Human princess quest.  I got to the ghost tower, went east then north, got into a fight with a chest and a stool and couldn't attack.  Neither my knight nor the bard knight could attack.  The attack icon was greyed out.  I wound up shield bashing my way through the fight.
Later Bard Knight got killed by one of those Shadow Knight minibosses (which, by the way, have a pathing problem-- they just walk to the bottom of the screen once they get near you) and went back to the entrance to exit the dungeon, then got ambushed by a chandelier which killed me.  I clicked load game, tried to load my game and got this crash:

of Draw Event
for object obj_kingdom:

Variable obj_battle_sprite.<unknown variable>(100278, -2147483648) not set before reading it.
at gml_Object_obj_kingdom_Draw_0

But, again, this was a one-time crash.  The save still works.

Haha, WOW.  I found a great crash!  I quick-moved to the entrance of the ghost tower and the Shadow Knight was there.  I quickly mashed the "exit dungeon" button and the mob reached me as the screen was fading to black.  The world map appeared, yet it was off to the left, and the little flames from the battle screen candles were visible, so was the Shadow Knight lifebar.  I clicked in the empty space to the right of the map (I didn't try clicking anywhere else) and this crash happened again:

of Draw Event
for object obj_kingdom:

Variable obj_battle_sprite.<unknown variable>(100278, -2147483648) not set before reading it.

Okay, so, I got to the Mirror.  I entered the room while in Sneak mode which prevented the battle from actually happening initially but I removed Sneak and got into a fight, but I think it was completely broken.  I cast poison on everything and nothing took the poison damage, then after doing nothing for like 5 rounds the "watchful Dism" monsters bumrushed me and did like 30 damage total to both party members.  Then the last one wore me down after I discovered Sterile Wound Dressings do basically nothing.
Is the Mirror fight (if you wind up entering battle) supposed to be a random encounter with the Mirror's hp bar visible yet no Mirror?

So anyway I died, clicked Continue and got this crash:
of Destroy Event
for object obj_battle:

Unable to find any instance for object index '34' name 'obj_dungeon'
at gml_Object_obj_battle_Destroy_0

The Enchanted Tower fights in general seem to be way harder than they should be, and there's basically no way to use the shops to buy gear because there are almost no money drops.  The ice dungeon is tolerable because they at least drop healing items.

Overall I'd say the game needs much faster fights, more LOOT (and I don't mean more BERRIES) in the dungeons instead of 90% empty rooms, and a UI that makes sense.  The ESC key should reliably exit menus instead of requiring you to click on the X or in the case of the map, left-click on empty areas of the map.  When selecting abilities in battle I would first and foremost insist that the game needs to more reliably recognize clicking on abilities, and when you succeed in clicking on the button it should indicate that you have done so in a way more obvious than numbers appearing near valid targets.  The numbers themselves need to be more readable as well- put a solid circle around them for instance.
Stronger monsters should give way more exp and all monsters should drop money.  I'd say it would make sense for all the monsters I've fought to drop silver, as there aren't any wild animals or anything.  If you want to be creative you could substitute ingredients for silver drops, but something should always drop, so that you can make money and be able to afford equipment upgrades.  Everything I saw in the shops was either way out of my price range or basically the same quality of gear that I started with.
Lastly, there should be a way to zoom in on the world map.  It's quite hard to click on smaller territories when you're standing on them.  It'd be nice if you could scroll the map faster, too.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 04:04:19 pm by Frugal »

DukeFluffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 24, 2017, 11:08:45 pm »

Gats: http://gats.tumblr.com/ (NSFW warning, he also has a Towergirls quest tumblr and Sundowner quest tumblr)
Unyin: https://unyin.tumblr.com/
Tinybone: http://tinybonefunzone.tumblr.com/

[sic]

The Enchanted Tower fights in general seem to be way harder than they should be, and there's basically no way to use the shops to buy gear because there are almost no money drops.  The ice dungeon is tolerable because they at least drop healing items.

Overall I'd say the game needs much faster fights, more LOOT (and I don't mean more BERRIES) in the dungeons instead of 90% empty rooms, and a UI that makes sense.  The ESC key should reliably exit menus instead of requiring you to click on the X or in the case of the map, left-click on empty areas of the map.  When selecting abilities in battle I would first and foremost insist that the game needs to more reliably recognize clicking on abilities, and when you succeed in clicking on the button it should indicate that you have done so in a way more obvious than numbers appearing near valid targets.  The numbers themselves need to be more readable as well- put a solid circle around them for instance.
Stronger monsters should give way more exp and all monsters should drop money.  I'd say it would make sense for all the monsters I've fought to drop silver, as there aren't any wild animals or anything.  If you want to be creative you could substitute ingredients for silver drops, but something should always drop, so that you can make money and be able to afford equipment upgrades.  Everything I saw in the shops was either way out of my price range or basically the same quality of gear that I started with.
Lastly, there should be a way to zoom in on the world map.  It's quite hard to click on smaller territories when you're standing on them.  It'd be nice if you could scroll the map faster, too.

Nice crashes, adding those to the list of stuff to fix.  ESC exiting out of menus is planned, I'll see about maybe adding that with the inventory and character inspect rework.  Also taking a look at buttons being more obviously clicked on.  As for the mirror, when you first enter the room it should be initiating dialogue as opposed to immediately entering combat.  I'll take a look at that now and verify that it is working.

Something nearly always dropping (be it silver or reagents) sounds reasonable, yes.  I'll take a look at what the furniture and shadows are dropping.  Zooming in on the world map is a little more complicated, but that used to be a thing, so I'll see what I can do.

Thank you for the continued bug/crash/weirdness reports.

Edit: Watchful Disms explode after three or four turns, and one of those must have been a crit.  Mirror is working on my end, but that may just be me on the super shiny WIP build.  Upon entering the mirror room it should fade to black and dialogue should start, introducing Human Princess.

Edit 2: Also, Bandages are removed when you take damage.  They're better suited for out-of-combat healing.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 11:23:43 pm by DukeFluffy »

Frugal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 25, 2017, 01:05:27 am »

Nice crashes, adding those to the list of stuff to fix.  ESC exiting out of menus is planned, I'll see about maybe adding that with the inventory and character inspect rework.  Also taking a look at buttons being more obviously clicked on.  As for the mirror, when you first enter the room it should be initiating dialogue as opposed to immediately entering combat.  I'll take a look at that now and verify that it is working.

Something nearly always dropping (be it silver or reagents) sounds reasonable, yes.  I'll take a look at what the furniture and shadows are dropping.  Zooming in on the world map is a little more complicated, but that used to be a thing, so I'll see what I can do.

Thank you for the continued bug/crash/weirdness reports.

Edit: Watchful Disms explode after three or four turns, and one of those must have been a crit.  Mirror is working on my end, but that may just be me on the super shiny WIP build.  Upon entering the mirror room it should fade to black and dialogue should start, introducing Human Princess.

Edit 2: Also, Bandages are removed when you take damage.  They're better suited for out-of-combat healing.

Ah, yes, the Mirror dialogue tree started normally, I just ran out of dialogue on my first attempt and had to enter combat.  I wasn't sure if it was working right since the Mirror's life bar was visible but I couldn't attack it as it wasn't on the battlefield.

DukeFluffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 25, 2017, 05:38:43 pm »

Ah, yes, the Mirror dialogue tree started normally, I just ran out of dialogue on my first attempt and had to enter combat.  I wasn't sure if it was working right since the Mirror's life bar was visible but I couldn't attack it as it wasn't on the battlefield.
Working as intended.  As you kill shadows the mirror loses health.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #85 on: May 25, 2017, 05:40:58 pm »

Gats: http://gats.tumblr.com/ (NSFW warning, he also has a Towergirls quest tumblr and Sundowner quest tumblr)
Unyin: https://unyin.tumblr.com/
Tinybone: http://tinybonefunzone.tumblr.com/
Thank you Duke!

Frugal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 25, 2017, 08:35:00 pm »

Working as intended.  As you kill shadows the mirror loses health.

Are they supposed to take no damage from poison's damage over time debuff as well?  I wonder if it was just the Watching shadows that did that, since they don't do anything until they explode in your face.  I can't remember if the last one was taking poison damage, or if I even managed to hit it with poison before dying.

DukeFluffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 27, 2017, 02:45:36 pm »

Are they supposed to take no damage from poison's damage over time debuff as well?  I wonder if it was just the Watching shadows that did that, since they don't do anything until they explode in your face.  I can't remember if the last one was taking poison damage, or if I even managed to hit it with poison before dying.
I checked the enemy stats and poison should be working on both shadows and furniture.

DukeFluffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 01, 2017, 06:39:18 pm »

If I missed anything feel free to yell at me and I'll take another look.

Towergirls 0.124

Major Changes:
Not a major change, but I'm trying out having the texture pages be calculated on the fly. Means less memory used but the occasional short pause- this might allow more machines to run the game. Happy to receive comments and feedback.

Minor Changes:
Random prospected resources no longer roll the maximum amount every time.
You can now merge a mobile army with a garrisoned one by hitting the 'Garrison' button. This will merge units that do not have conflicting army slots.
Music in the Konvert Kompound should now use the right volume settings.
Making further progress on kingdom AI, which will now be active (for Canopy Cave/High Forest/Endless Fields/Band of the Moon), but only in test-games, or if the player sets one of their territories to general minister automangement.
-AI now prioritizes constructing buildings in their capital.
-AI and player territories under auto management will now recruit defensive units.
-AI will prospect territories.
-AI will now rebuild territories, depending on their size and worth.
When viewing constructable buildings, the Production Speed numeral will display the correct number now.
Enemy battle cries during a siege will now show the correct leader name and avatar.
If your only siege unit is wiped out, the enemy will not perform random battle cries as the siege is closing.
The territory building destruction 'animation' has been restored. Territory defense works once again as a result.
Army units can now be wiped out entirely and removed from their army grouping (which itself can be removed).
Army units can now cost special resources and have received stat boosts to compensate.
Army unit costs have been adjusted- Food and Gold upkeep has been increased across the board.
Army upkeep is now handled and stored differently. Will make future work much easier.
Buildings have been doubled in cost.
Knight of the Moon units have been added, sans unique abilities and color.
You may now select the Knights of the Moon faction in test games. Their AI is enabled in test-games otherwise.
Unit sprites are now displayed in the recruitable unit list.
All of the unit tags are now displayed in their info tooltip panel, rather than just the first one multiple times.
Endless Fields units have been added, sans unique abilities and color.
You may now select the Endless Fields faction in test games. Their AI is enabled in test-games otherwise.
The Pike passive now reduces Cavalry and Monster melee resist by 25%. (Up from 15%)
Fixed an oversight that provided recon on all territories on the first turn a save game is loaded.
Bandit Tower has been restored to Aurelion Woods.
Unbroke dungeon item rewards. Fack.
Fixed territory ministers being reset on loading an old game. Those that have finished Kobold Princess' quest, as it stands, should be able to speak with and get her and Kobold Knight to adventure once again.
Kobold Shamans and Kobold Councilor can no longer be added to the party or managed if the player exits Glacier Keep.
Fixed a bug that prevented dungeons from being saved as completed. This is also retroactively applied to old save games.
The foreground peg of arrow traps now pan at a more reasonable speed.
When looking at Fetish carvings that Forge Knight can modify, the Oculus Carving is no longer incorrectly called the Icicle Carving.

Frugal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 03, 2017, 06:57:59 pm »

Okay, so I'm playing 0.124 now.

I went into the Sandy Roots mine and got past the guards, then got in a fight with some Insect Recruits.  I was unable to do anything once the fight started; combat options were lit up but I couldn't click on them or use keyboard shortcuts.  Kobold Knight was in the front row, did that have something to do with it perhaps?
Hoo boy, I tried again, tried telling the guards that they were trespassing, one of them rushed me but didn't actually enter combat until I tried to walk off the screen.  Everything seemed to be normal except Ser Knight couldn't do anything but defend!
Ser Knight couldn't do anything when I fought the Titan Boa, either.  My save file might be broken.  Is Constrict supposed to deal damage 3 times a turn?
I went back to Glacier Keep to see if a different combat would fix it, then Kobold Knight and Kobold Princess said they weren't gonna help out.  Then it crashed:

of Draw Event
for object obj_kingdom:

Unable to find any instance for object index '0' name 'obj_battle_sprite'

You can buy Foot Drill even if you're not a Fighter.

In 0.124 the second and third dungeons in Everharsh Glacier are unlocked right at the start.  Sequence breaks anyone?
Also for some reason when you create a new character and enter the world map you can't move the mouse cursor all the way to the top of the screen.

I tried to fight the army battle with a new (Wizard) character and got this crash:

of Draw Event
for object obj_siege:

DoSub :2: illegal array use
at gml_Object_obj_siege_Draw_0

The crash happens every time.  So... I can't progress.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 01:25:48 am by Frugal »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8