Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 22

Author Topic: "Abandon all hope, ye who enter here." Second circle of hell!  (Read 24143 times)

LordBrassroast

• Bay Watcher
  • Wibble.
    • View Profile
Re: "Abandon all hope, ye who enter here." First circle of hell!
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2016, 05:03:25 pm »

Are you guys still taking signups?
Full, but I can send you a PM if someone opts out.

Okey-diddly. Should check the RTD board more often. I'm always on the damn waitlist.

chokepoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2016, 10:49:40 pm »

Many thanks Charon, that was foolish of me. But perhaps we should question some lost souls before entering the castle?
Attempt to greet the shadowy figures.
"Let us go to them."

Speak to the group of people.
Speak to the people find out their truths and their lies find any who must be justiceded ((ex murdered brutally or jailed)) also my character is female due to rolling dice.
"they are already receiving their justice. You need not add to it. remember, we are looking for a particular man by the name of Dan T. Alighieri. Perhaps you could offer a reward for aiding us? it would only be just to do so, providing we have a reward worth sharing." Contemplate ways in which we could reward assistance. Perhaps we could bestow a touch of God's grace on someone for their kindness, or arbitrate for a dispute? Avoid the castle for now.
The four of you approach a nearby group.
Courage offers a greeting to the crouched figures and their quiet murmurs are silenced for a moment as the souls before you are awestruck. Temperance  begins a dialogue with the strangers. Justice looks on quietly observing the character of the group. [5] Prudence  attempts to gain insight about how he may assist these tormented spirits [6].
The men  kneel before you, foreheads to the ground, tears  streaming down their cheeks for they recognize you at once. Their weary faces now wear an expression of disbelief and even cautious joy that can be seen even in the dim light of this eternal night.
They explain that this place is called Limbo, the area for virtuous pagans to live forever in a place of their own construction without the light of God. They spend their time discussing philosophy and ethics  with other wise men who also lived  highly virtuous, ethical, or moral lives. They have confined themselves to an imagined ideal afterlife within the bounds of human logic but still within Hell for no amount of humanistic endeavor and no amount of virtue, knowledge, ethics, or morality can save or redeem a person who hasn't had faith.

After talking with the men for a while Justice judges these men to be deserving of the fate they have created for themselves but they are indeed men of character and wisdom. While Prudence gains insight on the fact that these men are in need of spiritual light and comfort provided by the presence of the Virtues themselves for they are without faith.

The men Explain that there is nothing to fear about the castle and it merely separates those of little significance in life from the great men of history who are within the imposing walls.
"She killed grinder. Now she must take his place in The Plague!"

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2016, 11:08:48 pm »

"Virtuous men indeed, even if men was all you were.  Is there anything to be done to ease your existences?"

Try to help them, if help is needed.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2016, 11:11:20 pm »

you are men of character and wisdom but you deserve this fate so deal with your hand that you've been dealt and make the best of it.
Check out that wall they mentioned.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2016, 11:18:14 pm »

Lesser men would have succumbed to madness long ago in this faithless world. Though you are deserving of this sentence you have aided us in our endeavor and I grant you this boon in gratitude.
Bestow the men with the Courage to endure their limbo. If that doesn't work than at least thank them for their help.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2016, 06:50:24 am »

Bestow what of Prudence I can upon these men. Remain a while to provide comfort. Encourage these outside the walls of the castle that, while the men within may have made names for themselves on earth, God created each person with infinite worth, and each of their names is known to him.

"Courage has the right idea. Offer of yourselves to these poor souls. We may not be able to bring them to Paradise, but we can perhaps make their existence more meaningful here in Limbo."

chokepoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2016, 05:55:32 pm »

"Virtuous men indeed, even if men was all you were.  Is there anything to be done to ease your existences?"

Try to help them, if help is needed.
Lesser men would have succumbed to madness long ago in this faithless world. Though you are deserving of this sentence you have aided us in our endeavor and I grant you this boon in gratitude.
Bestow the men with the Courage to endure their limbo. If that doesn't work than at least thank them for their help.
Bestow what of Prudence I can upon these men. Remain a while to provide comfort. Encourage these outside the walls of the castle that, while the men within may have made names for themselves on earth, God created each person with infinite worth, and each of their names is known to him.

"Courage has the right idea. Offer of yourselves to these poor souls. We may not be able to bring them to Paradise, but we can perhaps make their existence more meaningful here in Limbo."
Prudence and Courage bestow their virtuous gifts upon the men and Temperance offers assistance. Prudence agrees to remain with them awhile to give them some comfort. The men all wish to accompany your group through Limbo so that your light may shine upon them during your brief presence. Do you Accept their request?
you are men of character and wisdom but you deserve this fate so deal with your hand that you've been dealt and make the best of it.
Check out that wall they mentioned.
Justice delivers her verdict to the men and they solemnly agree with her judgement. She concludes her business with these men and begins walking toward the gloomy castle with seven gates.
Do Courage Temperance and Prudence want to accompany Justice to the castle?

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2016, 06:04:56 pm »

"We will do what we can."

Allow the virtuous unbaptised to follow us, then head off to the castle.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2016, 06:09:59 pm »

Perhaps, following us to the castle will give those who did little the Courage the ones who have done much.
Allow the men to follow us. Then follow Justice to the castle.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2016, 06:29:43 pm »

Agreed. Let the men and women follow us through Limbo.

chokepoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2016, 06:22:17 pm »

...Check out that wall they mentioned.

"We will do what we can."

Allow the virtuous unbaptised to follow us, then head off to the castle.

Perhaps, following us to the castle will give those who did little the Courage the ones who have done much.
Allow the men to follow us. Then follow Justice to the castle.

Agreed. Let the men and women follow us through Limbo.
Justice,  Temperance , Courage and Prudence walk aways in the silent darkness, up a long gentle sloping hill, then pass over the stream, And come to the  the seven gates of a noble castle accompanied by the pagans. They suggest that it would be a joyous day in the sober lands of Limbo if each Virtue would pass through their own symbolic gate. The virtues accomodate this simple gesture and pass  into the castle court, a verdure lawn where ghostly figures stroll together with hushed voices and solemn eyes. Soon the quiet murmurs are perceptibly louder as the shades recognize the presence of the virtues and come to give salutations and honors to them. Figures of authority dwell here, rulers, philosophers, and others. The company explain that here the philosophers are Socrates, Plato, Cicero, Seneca, and "the master of those who know" (Aristotle) can be found. Beyond the castle there is a quiet place where there is no light.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2016, 06:28:07 pm »

Prudence gently corrects the men: "the Master of those who Know is above, though the wisdom of the men here is, no doubt, very great." Prudence then peers into the darkness, and attempts to divine the meaning of that place.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 07, 2016, 09:00:06 pm »

"It is good to see that man, endowed in our Father's image, even when divorced from Him, can still embrace an existence of virtue.  Let us meet these wise men."

Temperance attempts to find the philosophers.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 07, 2016, 09:06:28 pm »

Begin conversing with them all.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 07, 2016, 09:12:26 pm »

Ah, These are brave men, for despite their lack of faith, they dared to think.

Converse with these men, then find Socrates, the one who had the Courage to question what others accepted as fact.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 22