Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22

Author Topic: "Abandon all hope, ye who enter here." Second circle of hell!  (Read 24134 times)

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
Re: "Abandon all hope, ye who enter here." Second circle of hell!
« Reply #300 on: April 27, 2016, 09:46:39 pm »

Courage hopes he's called a bluff, but is also worried that might have just lost the game. He shoves his Rook into place and Kneels down to pray.
((Gaaah, It's so hard to call.))
Spoiler: chess (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 10:11:36 pm by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: April 27, 2016, 10:19:32 pm »

((When this becomes the eventual Bay12 Chess thread, years from now, we're gonna look back and laugh about how this started as a Divine Comedy forum game ))
(("Years from now"? :P))
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: April 28, 2016, 01:02:54 am »

((Change the title from second circle of hell to second circle of chess :P))
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: April 28, 2016, 08:05:58 am »

"BOOM!!!"

Minos explodes his bishop, destroying Courage's king.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 08:15:42 am by FallacyofUrist »
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: April 28, 2016, 08:52:13 am »

((I suppose I should of expected that, good game))
Courage shrugs waiting to see what happens next
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 09:00:48 am by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: April 28, 2016, 09:30:15 am »

"As the humans say, good game. And it was one. Now then. One hundred thousand years as my jester. Totally worth the risk. HAHA! Now then... I wonder how the other virtues are doing..."

Cue fade out.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

chokepoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: April 28, 2016, 10:24:57 pm »

Courage, do you try and get away or have something else up your sleeve?
"She killed grinder. Now she must take his place in The Plague!"

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: April 28, 2016, 11:21:08 pm »

((Well, I'm not entirely sure, we could play a hunt game like fox's and hounds or something like just to keep with the theme of playing board games for your life and we can all thus derive entertainment from watching me lose yet again or I could just have Courage try escape in a normal non board gamey way. So really I'm fine with whichever you want me to do, because I don't really want to accidentally derail this into the board game thread.))

chokepoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: April 28, 2016, 11:51:26 pm »

PM sent to Courage.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: April 29, 2016, 12:09:21 am »

Courage bored begins to wonder. But under this guise of idleness his muscles are tensed as though posed to bolt.

Now Mino's before I don my hat of bells I must wonder, you are a judge for hell, but if you were not one, what circle would you be at for your crimes? Or indeed what circle would Satan be at?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 12:11:53 am by MidnightJaguar »

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: April 29, 2016, 08:25:14 am »

Courage bored begins to wonder. But under this guise of idleness his muscles are tensed as though posed to bolt.

Now Mino's before I don my hat of bells I must wonder, you are a judge for hell, but if you were not one, what circle would you be at for your crimes? Or indeed what circle would Satan be at?
"Eh... for the first, I don't know. If I really wanted to know, I could ask one of the other judges, but I don't much care about that. And as for Satan... probably on the very last circle of hell. Probably. Now then... DANCE FOR ME, JESTER! DANCE!"

Minos turns some of his attention to the people to be judged, but keeps an eye on Courage's "dancing", letting it amuse him.
Generic Arms Race.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: April 30, 2016, 02:02:46 am »

Begin to dance, however while dancing carefully watch how the souls are led into the correct levels of Hell.

chokepoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: April 30, 2016, 06:19:36 pm »

The souls are shoved down as many levels deep as Minos wraps his serpent tail around himself. They are sort of banished to the level of their punishment. Of course, already being in the second level of hell, Minos' office is not thee only thing to find here. Outside of his domain is the entire second level of hell where a powerful wind blows wretched souls about this way and that, battering them on the rocks, heaving them up into the air and plummeting them down to the ground like leaves in the wind.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: May 01, 2016, 03:07:54 pm »

Hmm, watch how exactly the souls are banished to their level, does a hole appear under their feet and drop them there? Do they Vanish and reappear in the level? Do random demons drag them off? If it's done in such a way that a particular Virtue could hitch a ride down then Courage dances close to the soul and hitches a ride. If it's not then he tries to dive into the second circle of hell and makes his way down through that.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: May 01, 2016, 04:20:27 pm »

Hmm, watch how exactly the souls are banished to their level, does a hole appear under their feet and drop them there? Do they Vanish and reappear in the level? Do random demons drag them off? If it's done in such a way that a particular Virtue could hitch a ride down then Courage dances close to the soul and hitches a ride. If it's not then he tries to dive into the second circle of hell and makes his way down through that.
If Minos notices Courage try to escape, he promptly sends his tail around himself nine times and sends Courage off to the ninth circle of hell.
Generic Arms Race.

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22