Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Cant use tiletypes  (Read 801 times)

Ezekhiel2517

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Cant use tiletypes
« on: March 31, 2016, 10:26:45 am »

when I type "tiletypes" on dfhack console it says something like "tiletypes needs an interactive console to run" or something similar I dont remember exactly. What should I do?
“Far, far below the deepest delvings of the dwarves, the world is gnawed by nameless things.” ― J.R.R. Tolkien

SeymoreGlass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cant use tiletypes
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2016, 08:35:55 am »

I'm on a phone, so I can't confirm this, but I'm pretty sure that an "interactive console" means you have to be in the look menu, or some similar interface within dwarf fortress. If you're just sitting around unpaused, or in the stocks menu or something, tile types won't work. It needs a single point to work off of, otherwise it won't know where to paint.

Again: Phone. From memory. May not help.
The biggest issue seems to be size.  A 1x1 room would allow for maximum child desecration (waiting on someone to sig that)

Ezekhiel2517

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2016, 10:15:57 am »

I'm on a phone, so I can't confirm this, but I'm pretty sure that an "interactive console" means you have to be in the look menu, or some similar interface within dwarf fortress. If you're just sitting around unpaused, or in the stocks menu or something, tile types won't work. It needs a single point to work off of, otherwise it won't know where to paint.

will try. I´ve tried with D menu, but this might work
“Far, far below the deepest delvings of the dwarves, the world is gnawed by nameless things.” ― J.R.R. Tolkien

Ezekhiel2517

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2016, 03:53:33 pm »

nope. that didnt work either