Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 55

Author Topic: Wild Mages: Dominic, The Naked Mage  (Read 79186 times)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Wild Mages
« Reply #120 on: April 14, 2016, 12:02:31 pm »

make a locket of suaveness making others be able to see the truth in MY words and how much of a kind benevolent and easy going guy I am.
The situation calls for mind control, and you have perfect solution in your mind. All you need is to materialize it.

5. Spell brings forth a locket, already deposited on your neck. It's polished silver, so clear that you could almost use it as a mirror if not for its slightly distorted reflection. Five yellow stones are embedded on, one in center and four diagonally on edges. They glow dim light visible even under direct sunshine. Light of truth. Your truth.

[2+3] This time your message goes through properly. The guard relaxes, sheathes his sword and straightens up. "You shouldn't go telling people you are a mage, even if you are certain you won't cause trouble. And in emperor's name, pretty please don't use flashy magic where someone can see you. I... I probably shouldn't let you go, but you seem trustworthy person. Please don't make me regret this decision." He then pats you on shoulder and turns to the other violent people aproaching.
"False alarm, guys!" he shouts with confident voice. "He's just a victim of some mage from Arkeon! No worries!" This begets some disappointed grumbling and your professional would-be lynch mob disperses.

"I did huh?"

Er...Set fire to the hat.  With magic.

"Ya did! Now where's this place? Are you gonna be a wizard king or something?"

2. Purple flames dance on your hands a moment, but do not burn you. Your people all collectively take a step back and make firm request to not use magic near them.

Last ones of the golem swarm returns having finished the scouting task. They collect around you and await new orders.
By the way, your fingers are tingling. [1] Must be because of your bad posture on the throne.

Another dice shatters into dust.

Make two scrolls of teleportation, then read Raport from Tenhe.
Scrolls made.

[4] Report from Tenhe is very precise raport of military activities taking place in Tenhe, abandoned city in north. Some mage created curse that turned inhabitants in monsters capable of spreading curse further. Empire's military has since been trying to contain and control the situation there. This report lists soldiers lost in this campaing since last report, number of monsters killed, areas that have been regained, riches confiscated for Empire's treasury (to be delivered later when they can spare man power for it) and detailed description of current status of supplies. The listing of loot contains reference to set of enchanted dice found on site, and how their nature was discovered completely by accident when soldiers who found them used them to play games. Jackpot.

This report was dated three weeks ago.

Name: Zantheranthas Demoontharr
Yes this is for enough people have screwed themselves over to the point when I can Return.
Ok.

"Well I -pthth- I expected no m - pth pth pthttah - no more than that. Ow! Ow! there was a rock in that one! watch it, would you? Okay .. we have a good roll next. Pthtah. time for some serious consideration of a good use for magic. Huh. I cold do something great for me, or something great for the world around me, or ... i don't know. Hmm. I could cast a spell to - pththt pthat h pttttt. Bleah. Oh For .. What? WHAT?! What do you want from me?"

I cast Communicate With Giant Orange Juice Barrel.
5. Now that communication channel has been established, it informs you that it would greatly like to see you suffering. Originally it wanted to smash your skull flat against the gravestone and jump on your carcass until only red sludge remained, but orders have changed since then.

"This it it ! I challenge my fate !"

Run to drag the being away, and cast a spell to get informations on this thing. Diet, presence of sentience or not, possibility of communication, etc... f course, try not to get eviscerated or killed to death.
Run where? Out of the dale? Deeper in?
Ah, sorry.

Out of the dale. I would feel really dumb to have to wait for my magic to come with such company. :s
I presume you also want to drag Anna with you.

You turn on your heels and run back towards the devastated village. Glancing behind you see how the thing turned into mineral crystal crumbles and falls apart. Probably part of its tactics, so better keep running. Then you forget everything that transpired within the dale. Everything. you don't even remember setting your foot in it. [5] You stop on your tracks. You realize you have forgotten something. Something you shouldn't have. Your memories robbed. You turn instinctively around to seek clues of what you forgot, but can't find any. It's normal forest all the way to another side of this small valley.

"What it is?" Anna asks.

Spoiler: Town (click to show/hide)
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 14, 2016, 12:30:50 pm »

Cameron Shudder's and smiles at the guard.
Thanks friend before I go may I have your name?
Ask name of dude then go exploring the city.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 14, 2016, 12:43:21 pm »

Summon an appropriate disguise. Maybe a soldier's outfit or something?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 14, 2016, 02:56:19 pm »

"I think I need to cool it in general, I don't even know what..."

Since when was there a throne here and when did I start sitting in it?!

Out!
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 14, 2016, 03:47:01 pm »

"Uncanny... I feel like I... forgot something. What were we doing Anna ? Why were we even running ?"

Glancing at the Dice of Order, Soleus realize a [1] is missing.

"Oh ? A [1] disappeared. I beckon my memory problems are probably linked to this, I just hope nothing too terrible happened..."

Stop here and check our health/mental state for a bit. A disappeared [1] can't mean a good omen. And of course, does Anna remember anything ?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 14, 2016, 06:28:58 pm »

"Alright, I can work with that, I guess."

I cast 'Illusion of Suffering: Dominic Calhoun' upon the Giant Orange Juice Barrel.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 15, 2016, 02:19:44 pm »

Cameron Shudder's and smiles at the guard.
Thanks friend before I go may I have your name?
Ask name of dude then go exploring the city.
"Carter. Stay out of trouble."

[6] You pick random direction and explore. After initial rush of people getting back to the plaza you find the roads aren't terribly full. I mean it is still "swing your arm and hit somebody" full, but you don't have troubles navigating past them. People are walking busily, couriers delivering stuff, servants on grocery shopping, horses pulling heavily loaded carts  around, carriages ferrying more important folks... It's a busy city. On alleys between buildings you spot the shady side of the busy city; ragged beggars, orphans, shady men eyeing by passers, youths beating others. The few times you pass too close of those alleys your attention is bought by people trying to sell you various things for cheap.
Your overall impression of the people is that they seem bit irritated. Not far from docks this becomes very obvious. Two horse carriages clash each other and moments later you are on middle of largest free-for-all brawl you have ever seen. Servants, nobles, workers, middle class fellows and back alley stabbers all happily beat living daylights out of each other.
[1] And now you are part of it. Someone punches you on guts hard enough to make you double over, [5] but it doesn't do any damage other than unpleasant feeling on your abs.

Summon an appropriate disguise. Maybe a soldier's outfit or something?
1. ...you summon someone's skin. It flops down making weird sound. It has some tattoos on it, but you can't tell what.

"I think I need to cool it in general, I don't even know what..."

Since when was there a throne here and when did I start sitting in it?!

Out!

Since you casted the spell to rework the architecture. I'm pretty sure I did mention it.

You walk out fast, but not so fast as to make it look retreat, and leave the people behind. They can figure out their jobs by themselves. The tunnels out are different, and there's quite few new bottleneck spots where invaders have to pool and wait the get through while defenders can shoot them with impunity. Not to mention some additional traps. The last tunnel out is exactly same as it was originally, though a peek through embrasures confirms that ballistaes there are fully functional if unmanned.
Now on outside you find nothing has changed beyond position of sun. Walls are still there, gate is still closed, and the fortress is still carved into side of mountain. Your viewpoint is rather limited, but this one doesn't seem to be part of Spine at least. Most likely one of the central mountains. Southern Teeth, you think. North from Empire and Arkea, technically claimed by Goldshore.

No signs of Laudata, by the way. And your hand is visibly darker, you can't feel it and fingers don't move.

"Uncanny... I feel like I... forgot something. What were we doing Anna ? Why were we even running ?"

Glancing at the Dice of Order, Soleus realize a [1] is missing.

"Oh ? A [1] disappeared. I beckon my memory problems are probably linked to this, I just hope nothing too terrible happened..."

Stop here and check our health/mental state for a bit. A disappeared [1] can't mean a good omen. And of course, does Anna remember anything ?
"Weren't we looking for safer place? Because something bad was happening the village?" Doesn't seem like she noticed anything wrong. "But when did we turn around? I remember going past that stone and tree." Anna says, pointing at one particularly noticeable combo, a tree growing from under boulder and over it. She's right. You were running back towards the doomed village.

Well, physically you both seem fine. Not any more tired that would be expected from this trip. And mentally... well, there's obviously something going on, but your thinking process is normal as fas as you can tell.

"Alright, I can work with that, I guess."

I cast 'Illusion of Suffering: Dominic Calhoun' upon the Giant Orange Juice Barrel.
3. The sand throwing frequency lowers considerably, but rate of rude hand gestures increases to fill quota.

I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 15, 2016, 02:27:37 pm »

make a small aura of strength enhance my attacks make sure it's not visible then uppercut the hell out of that guy but not lethally.
Cameron gives a grin and gives a smile blood pumping and fired up.
Well now I got into fights with big bro everyonce in a while so I guess it's time to beat all these trouble makers CMON EVERYBODY LET'S DANCE!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 15, 2016, 02:37:11 pm »

OHSHIT HEAL MYSELF
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 15, 2016, 02:51:48 pm »

"Whatever may have happened with that [1], I don't feel like heading toward the village. Let's follow another path. Right after I cast a small spell, my curiosity is calling out to me."

Cast a spell to show us what happened with that disappeared [1].

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 15, 2016, 04:50:38 pm »

Cast three spells to get rid of the skin in quick succession.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 15, 2016, 11:25:50 pm »

I cast "Summon Orange Juice Ladle."

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 16, 2016, 06:47:58 am »

Chaotic skies was too busy with real life, so Atian the Elephantman God takes up his spot.

I wanna join!

Mage: Drunken Elephant

Drunken Elephant was simply walking down the road stomping on everyone when he "accidentally" stepped on an adventurer named Mother Michaelis a dice landed on his foot and he turned into an Elephantman now Mage Elephantman!
Mysterious are ways of magic, though most likely that was simply fucked up spell which jumbled your memories and head. Not that it makes any difference.
[1] Right now your situation is pretty damn bad, however. You are surrounded by experienced mage hunters armed with spears and bows. While they do not appear to posess any artifacts of power (which is only good about this), they are still dangerous if you give them opening. Road is mostly empty of other travelers, though there are few at distance evaluating whether they should turn around, go through or wait.
Time to teach them lesson about bothering a mage!

make a small aura of strength enhance my attacks make sure it's not visible then uppercut the hell out of that guy but not lethally.
Cameron gives a grin and gives a smile blood pumping and fired up.
Well now I got into fights with big bro everyonce in a while so I guess it's time to beat all these trouble makers CMON EVERYBODY LET'S DANCE!

4. It's a simple enchantment, but one with impressive results. Your muscles temporarily grow denser while maintaining original size, resulting notable boost to strength. Just be careful to not overexert yourself or your muscles might break your tendons. With a grin you engange.

[6] Single uppercut sends the man flying a meter up and backwards. He lands on another pair of brawlers and gets kicked by them when he slides off of them to ground. He remains there without defending himself, eyes unmoving. He's not even blinking. That might have been a tad too strong punch, you think. Either way, you have no time to consider possible consequences as a well dressed man kicks you. [5] You dodge him easily enough, grab him by ankle and twist it to make him fall on his face.

OHSHIT HEAL MYSELF
3. Natural color returns to your hand, but numbness remains. At least you can now move your fingers, which you are thankful for. Losing fingers for abnormally fast spreading necrosis would be mighty annoying. Still, it isn't gone yet.

"Whatever may have happened with that [1], I don't feel like heading toward the village. Let's follow another path. Right after I cast a small spell, my curiosity is calling out to me."

Cast a spell to show us what happened with that disappeared [1].
You know this one will end up badly. You remember what happend last time you casted information gathering spell with malicious interaction coming up. You warn Anna to keep some distance, so possible unfortunate consequences could be avoided or at least delayed long enough.

1. Magic has no idea what you are asking for. Disappeared [1]? Disappered 1? Disppeared one? Who disappered? What? Fuck this guy. Information flows into your head. Remember Maria, that lovely gal Anna is based on? She's dead and her death was rather gruesome. Detailed information of series of events that led to her dead finds place in your memories.
 After you and Anna escaped the village with your flying house, she and few of other people were teleported into a prostitution ring ran by some criminal organization. Proud woman as she was, she flat out refused the work she was forced to, and as a price of that she was tortured to death to be a lesson to others. You know exactly how they did it, how much pain she was in, how long it took to break her body completely, how much she screamed for mercy and prayed that certain mage who had crush on her would come and help. You know exactly how she felt the soul crushing hopelessness as death came instead of help.

Something shattering in your Dice pouch brings you back to reality. One Dice has turned into fine dust.

Cast three spells to get rid of the skin in quick succession.
2. First spell makes the skin grow furry.
3. Second shrinks it to child sized.
6. Third makes it disappear along with the Report from Tenhe.

Another Dice breaks into dust. [6] This is looking bad. Order made these, they are Order, and if you are to believe the myths (you shouldn't, they are called myths for a reason) they are supposed to be eternal. If Order is breaking down, then what's gonna happen? Chaos, that's what! Of course there are benefits in chaos, magic mainly, and one can easily employ chaos and become a ruler with iron fist.

I cast "Summon Orange Juice Ladle."
2. A log and piece of sharp rock falls between you and the barrel. It's almost like magic is telling you to carve it by yourself.

Old sigs.
Games.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 16, 2016, 06:51:53 am »

Summon a poisonous elixir, then heal myself.
Sigtext

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 16, 2016, 10:05:18 am »

Make everyone besides me in the fight pass out.
Ressurect anyone who died back to perfect health
Loot.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 55