Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 55

Author Topic: Wild Mages: Dominic, The Naked Mage  (Read 79363 times)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wild Mages: Continental scale TPK?
« Reply #255 on: April 30, 2016, 03:59:56 pm »

((Oops. I was scared of stalling the game, so I went maybe a bit overboard ? I will think about it then, see you tomorrow !))

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Wild Mages
« Reply #256 on: April 30, 2016, 04:01:06 pm »

Oh, you posted. And I also forgot status spoilers.

blind? damn it, I didn't realise he physically put out Dominic's eyes.

now how am I supposed to tell which die I am on? All I remember is 1, 2 or 3, 2 or 3, 2 or 3 ... do I have special mage memory to recall at least what the dice were before I was blinded?

"Fucking hell. If a one on fairy bubbles was that horrible, why would any mage cast any spell at a one? Well, I guess I am about to find out. and die."
Dominic forlornly wipes his hands on the ground, and casts Summon Flute.
I guess you could remember few first ones. Or use your fingers to feel dots in the dice.

1. You have no idea what you just summoned because your eardrums just popped. Not only blind, you are now also deaf.

I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: April 30, 2016, 04:12:01 pm »

Send a small thought of annoyance go see how Eleanora is doing.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: April 30, 2016, 04:15:58 pm »

"No, she may come.

Dwarves, fleeing, but trapped in stone...That reeks of mystery...

Plug the pipes for now until we know what they're for.  Unless they're serving a vital function."

Scry into the past of this fortress with the scrying orb.  Assuming I don't die.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 04:18:32 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: April 30, 2016, 05:15:23 pm »

((Is there any chance I could teleport myself to some other continent right about now? Probably something I should have done a long time ago, anyway.))

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: April 30, 2016, 05:42:32 pm »

Just before articulating his words, a terrible vision assails Soleus.

It is vivid. So real. So close.

The sky has turned into some endlessly deep dark plane.
Black arms and hands of gigantic sizes are descending from the heavens.
Innumerable tendrils of black murk are rising from the earth.

The same blackness he glimpsed at with the Eye of Forbidden Sight.

The souls of all people across the land are ripped off from their mortal vessel by thousands and thousands of wicked hands.

And then they come for him. Cold and screaming. They have waited for so long.

As this apocalyptic scene is unfolding, a stoic voice rising from the world resonates in Soleus mind.

It says :
You really want to die, don't you?

I have this simple classification system for spells, scaling from one to eight. Class 1 is what you lot have been casting mostly. Simple spells. Class 8 is where fundamental rules of reality are changed. Two highest levels cannot be archieved currently, and this spell actually ranks on class 7. And that's if you had magic roll 5 or 6. But you have 1. What I'm going to do? I didn't expect this kind of spell with this kind of roll. I probably should just outright rip your soul out. And Anna's. And probably do same for everyone in the entire continent too. Which also includes all players.

It's also midnight here. I'm gonna sleep over this and think about it more tomorrow. I'll give you opportunity to do same.

At this very moment, Soleus snaps out of the trance on his knees, shaken to the core by what he just saw.

Anna is here, embracing him strongly from the back, pleading with her eyes in tear to stop the madness he was going to do.
There is no way he could hide his intent from the perfect wife he asked. She could read into his heart like in a wide open book.

"I beg you Soleus, stop your madness ! Come back to me !"

He looks at the motionless dice with terror, then at his hands. Why did he even thought of asking for such a spell ??

With a weak voice, he says :
"DICE OF ORDER, BAKE ME A CAKE AND PLACE IT IN FRONT OF ME."
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 08:23:27 pm by Nakéen »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: April 30, 2016, 11:37:17 pm »

why do you hate me so? Such simple spells, and their backlash is that bad. Bah.

I should be on another continent from that get me out of here spell, but even if not, I'dsay let that spell go through, and let it be tpk. It's part of the game setting after all, and has been hinted at and outright stated several times - the size of the spell corresponds to the size of hte failure. and if a one on the level of soap bubbles can generate monsters that can poke out your eyes, and calling forth a flute can deafen you, then forcing the gods of magic to appear should ... hell it should strip all magic from the continent completely.

I'm actually surprised you didn't expect such reality bending magic to be attempted, are you new to bay 12? :P

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: April 30, 2016, 11:37:55 pm »

Heh...Indeed.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: April 30, 2016, 11:40:42 pm »

I would rather Cameron not die immediately with no hope of survival because someone did something really really stupid.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: April 30, 2016, 11:45:26 pm »

I would rather Cameron not die immediately with no hope of survival because someone did something really really stupid.
Well, should have expected it going into this game. I Figured my character would play it safe, and expected some other player to come along at some point and cause him trouble, if he didn't die horribly and unexpectedly in a sudden cataclysm. Both of those came true. I also expected wild magic to backfire on my character repeatedly, and it did.

I think the blindness and deafness were a tad above the power level of the spell cast, but hey, wild magic does what it wants, and wild mages hate you. I believe that. not only was this point made in the set up of the game,, it was actually canonized with two of my own actions, in poetic form, no less.

Besides, if you don't want a character to die because someone else makes a mistake, well, online games are like that, and bay 12 forum games in particular.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: April 30, 2016, 11:48:01 pm »

Yeah I know I'm just wondering if my character has a chance of survival I'm fine with someone messing things up I'm generally not fine with instant death with no save roll.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: April 30, 2016, 11:52:35 pm »

Small note to Aoshima:
The alternative action I wrote is just in case you decide not to execute the whole continent.
I have no problem with you doing it, even though I really didn't expect such a result.

That being said, the GM's will is absolute !

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: April 30, 2016, 11:58:03 pm »

Small note to Aoshima:
The alternative action I wrote is just in case you decide not to execute the whole continent.
I have no problem with you doing it, even though I really didn't expect such a result.

This kinda says what I mean better than I did.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: May 01, 2016, 12:03:31 am »

This kinda says what I mean better than I did.
Well, your comment reminded me I wanted to say something like that as a note. I must have forgotten midway.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: May 01, 2016, 04:03:04 am »

((Is there any chance I could teleport myself to some other continent right about now? Probably something I should have done a long time ago, anyway.))
There's only one continent anyone is aware of. The one you are on.

why do you hate me so? Such simple spells, and their backlash is that bad. Bah.

I should be on another continent from that get me out of here spell, but even if not, I'dsay let that spell go through, and let it be tpk. It's part of the game setting after all, and has been hinted at and outright stated several times - the size of the spell corresponds to the size of hte failure. and if a one on the level of soap bubbles can generate monsters that can poke out your eyes, and calling forth a flute can deafen you, then forcing the gods of magic to appear should ... hell it should strip all magic from the continent completely.

I'm actually surprised you didn't expect such reality bending magic to be attempted, are you new to bay 12? :P
Letting magic rip out all souls would certainly fix all problems, but it also would end the game, and I'm not fan of that. Not so soon.

:P Perhaps it comes with knowledge of the lore and seeing how most of you are trying to be careful. Perhaps in these cases I should do what Nakéen did there and simply refuse the spell and give a vision of full scale of the fuckup.

Yeah I know I'm just wondering if my character has a chance of survival I'm fine with someone messing things up I'm generally not fine with instant death with no save roll.
It depends entirely on how you are trying to spend 1's. Bad rolls ramp up power of your intented spell and turn it something bad, but in this game I think I haven't caused straight up death. Expotentially rising pile of problems leading to your eventual death, sure, but even those can be dealt with unless you have series of bad rolls.

Small note to Aoshima:

I'm gonna go with that path. Yeah, I'm not willing to end the game so soon. Maybe after we have had some plot progress and after certain things happen. But even then I wouldn't be happy if anyone intentionally ended the game.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 55