Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 55

Author Topic: Wild Mages: Dominic, The Naked Mage  (Read 79372 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Wild Mages
« Reply #45 on: April 05, 2016, 06:36:22 pm »

"Much better. A grim reminder of my probable fate, especially if I misuse these dice. the floating chunks are a nice touch, but the falling robed men almost make my tent look like a pair of gaudy pajama pants. At least the sausages look delicious. But then, I am a fine cook. Now, let's see about supplimenting this breakfast, shall we?"

I cast a spell to summon eggs, cinnamon rolls, and a large glass of orange juice.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 05, 2016, 06:50:06 pm »

((What happens if you pick a 1 from your queue?))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 06, 2016, 01:26:32 pm »

look for people who can help me at the farming village.
[5] It doesn't take long to find the locals. They are all carrying stuff from houses onto the two carts who are already almost fully packed. After asking question, they tell you that the village is unfortunately going to burn down unless anything stops the fire soon. Which seems unlikely. So they are taking what they can and leave to provincial capital, hoping to start life over there or at least find pointers where might be good place to go. Since they can't take everything, you are free to loot houses and take what you want. Better that than letting it all burn down. And you are welcomed to travel with them. Any person polite enough to ask assistance first is trustworthy enough at these trying times.

"Have you tried?"

Anywho, explore a bit, being careful of the probably traps.
"No, I haven't. I don't even know where to start." Which is good indication she's telling truth. Once you have realized your ability to use magic, it's very intuitive to use even if results aren't. Though it's possible she hasn't realized her capacity yet.

[2] You find more restored doors, chairs, beds, cabinets and other bits of furniture. All masterfully made, some made out of rather weird material that's not stone, glass, wood or metal. But nothing new that strikes your interest. If nothing else, the place is definitely more livable.

Make a scroll of healing, then earth-shape a carriage.
You write the scroll with rather broad strokes.

[4+2] You swing your staff bending stone to your will. Ground moves rising a piece of native gold, your idiot golems move and whole mess collapses together. Out of it forms something you could call a carriage. It's wheels are made out of legs, in center of each wheel is a face; one cross eyed, second licking its huge nose, third mouth hanging open with trail of drool and last one with goofy smile. Rest of the carriage is also a face. It looks like you are supposed to sit in mouth. Teeth being a seat, tongue as a table and lips to rest you back against.

Your animated stone self turns away and covers its eyes, acting out your subconscious.

"Much better. A grim reminder of my probable fate, especially if I misuse these dice. the floating chunks are a nice touch, but the falling robed men almost make my tent look like a pair of gaudy pajama pants. At least the sausages look delicious. But then, I am a fine cook. Now, let's see about supplimenting this breakfast, shall we?"

I cast a spell to summon eggs, cinnamon rolls, and a large glass of orange juice.
2. Couple of egg yolk splashes on ground around you.

4. Warm and freshly baked cinnamon rolls materialize on your bone throne.

6. Really trying to please you magic creates you a big barrel of orange juice. Big enough that you have to jump if you want to see over it.

((What happens if you pick a 1 from your queue?))
Nothing. Free picks are not a thing anymore.

Spoiler: crazyabe - ?? (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Town (click to show/hide)
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 06, 2016, 01:28:18 pm »

BEGIN MASS LOOTING FOR ANYTHING THAT CAN BE USEFUL,weapons,food, clothing basically traveling gear once I'm done follow the villagers to the capital.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 06, 2016, 02:03:24 pm »

((But... Didn't I use one earlier...?))

See if Laudata has potential?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 06, 2016, 02:25:43 pm »

In the test thread you did, but I changed that rule after making this one. It's up in first post.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 06, 2016, 03:43:15 pm »

((Ah.))
Sigtext

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 06, 2016, 04:42:27 pm »

I cast 'Summon Permanently Area-Bound Extraplaner Chaos beings of Assistance' Followed by 'Detect Self'.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 06, 2016, 04:50:41 pm »

Cast a spell to separate the carriage from the golems, followed by two acne-curing spells and the creation of a potion of firebreath.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 06, 2016, 06:34:34 pm »

"Hmm. Unexpected. I thought to cast one spell to summon breakfast, but cast three: one for each individual piece. I must keep this in mind as I practice this magic. Well. that Orange juice is not going to drink itself, now is it? But how to get up there? A ladder, I suppose."

I eat a cinnamon roll, and then cast a spell to summon a ladder, leaning against the outside of the barrel of orange juice.

Lermfish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 06, 2016, 09:45:33 pm »

In (preferred) or waitlist (if necessary).

Call me . . . Outer Heaven.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 07, 2016, 01:42:56 pm »

BEGIN MASS LOOTING FOR ANYTHING THAT CAN BE USEFUL,weapons,food, clothing basically traveling gear once I'm done follow the villagers to the capital.
[5] You jog from building to building and find following things: woodcutters axe, belt hook for it, two big kitchen knives. A little light on weapons, but these folks are poor farmers. Three loafs of bread, some dried meat and spices, all packed and ready to take. A convenient backpack, pair of blankets. Considering how good hearted these people are you suppose you can borrow rest from them during the journey. Assuming you stay with them that long. Their hospitality might disappear suddenly if they find out you are a mage.

After looting what you need you return to the carts where people are loading last things. Few minutes later they are all ready to move. Horses pull the heavy load forward and everyone else fall in line behind them, you included. They travel quietly the first two kilometers and then start talking. Mostly about how unfortunate it is having to uproot their lives. It doesn't take long for them to get curious about you.
"How did you end up in middle of nowhere without so much as rations?"

You make her do what you did when you identified yourself as a mage, hoping it triggers her power. She follows your rather random instructions obediently, but no ability manifest itself. Hmph, looks like magic ignored that part of the creation spell.

You become acutely aware of the fact that crazyabe is not your best friend. He never was.

I cast 'Summon Permanently Area-Bound Extraplaner Chaos beings of Assistance' Followed by 'Detect Self'.
5. Magic eagerly vomits out some entities of Chaos. For example, fingerprint of sun that smells like transparent. Green passionate magma tree colder than light. Octopus of abusive love. Something you and everybody else adamantly refuses to look at, no matter what.
They instantly begin assisting. Mostly by stomping soil hard and pulling out everything intact and possibly usefull things they can find.

1. Magic broadcasts you identity and location to everything around. You see black tendrils of magic pounce at you behind another hill, tearing all enchancements on you away and then you don't feel magic anymore. It's gone.

The villagers look at you confusedly, then their expressions harden and they address in very cold tone. "Thanks for clothes and food, but get the fuck out of our village, you fucking sleazy piece of shit! If you stay here any longer I swear by Emperor, I'll tear your eyes out before strangling you with your own guts!"

Attention Nakéen!
Your character becomes acutely aware of the fact that crazyabe is not your best friend. He never was.

Cast a spell to separate the carriage from the golems, followed by two acne-curing spells and the creation of a potion of firebreath.
4. Magic pulls faces out of the wheels and stops. There isn't any golems to separate. The carriage is a carriage, akward, ugly, made of stone, but still a rather mundane carriage.

2. You get a tattoo of upwards pointing dagger under your left eye.

2. Instead of getting rid of the acne, you feel your eyebrows itch. Touching them carefully you find out they have transformed into tiny soft fuzzy
feathers.

6. A glassy bottle materializes in front of you, filled with swirling yellow and orange liquid. Bigger than you expected, and steaming hot. It's difficult to touch and you suspect drinking it will burn your mouth and throat badly.

You become acutely aware of the fact that crazyabe is not your best friend. He never was.

"Hmm. Unexpected. I thought to cast one spell to summon breakfast, but cast three: one for each individual piece. I must keep this in mind as I practice this magic. Well. that Orange juice is not going to drink itself, now is it? But how to get up there? A ladder, I suppose."

I eat a cinnamon roll, and then cast a spell to summon a ladder, leaning against the outside of the barrel of orange juice.
((Wording. It makes difference.))
The roll is tasty, very tasty, if a bit too warm. Mmm, such a good roll! These are really on their best straight out of oven. Now, access to drink.

3. A one step ladder appears. It's just barely tall enough to get your jaw over the barrel. Works for your purposes, but could definitely be taller.

In (preferred) or waitlist (if necessary).

Call me . . . Outer Heaven.
Waitlisted.

Spoiler: crazyabe - ?? (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Town (click to show/hide)
Old sigs.
Games.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 07, 2016, 01:48:37 pm »

....I honestly don't remember maybe mother's teleport spell wasn't strong enough I remember her using her spell and then I woke up in the woods.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 07, 2016, 02:35:24 pm »

Make some new, hopefully-less-idiotic golems. Summon some furniture afterwards.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 07, 2016, 02:38:54 pm »

Well darn.

Set a Minor Annoyance after crazyabe.

Actually, set two.
Sigtext

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 55