Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 55

Author Topic: Wild Mages: Dominic, The Naked Mage  (Read 79178 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Wild Mages: Questing begins
« Reply #570 on: June 08, 2016, 05:50:45 pm »

"Do you believe this queue, CenTreepede? Do you believe this shit?! I'm on a peaceful mission, and we're about to bring down the apocalypse. I can't believe this shit!"

Dominic order's CenTreepede to charge. He stays low on CenTreepede's back to avoid projectiles, and shouts "Get out of the way!" as he goes. If the guards or worse atack, Dominic fires controlled bursts of Doom at them - hopefully enough to disorient or stun them without being enough to cause severe damage. Once outside - if Dominic makes it that far - We immediately begin looking for a patch of earth to drop our Lifetree seed into.

((seriously, I have the most awesome collection of good and bad stuff. If only I had time to revive the Orange Juice Barrel, awaken the mage statue, and possibly do something with the green man blocks. Ah well.))

"I just had an idea, CenTreepede. A stupid idea, but there is no time like the present, since we don't have a future."
Dominic Casts Revive Giant Orange Juice Barrel.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 05:54:40 pm by Ozarck »

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: June 08, 2016, 10:19:37 pm »

Search the entire house for anything useful and any clues to moms whereabouts.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: June 09, 2016, 05:25:45 am »

Fix this now!, also try again
Have you checked your roll queue lately?
(Am I just gonna keep barfing? if not disregard the action. and replace it with this one)

lets start that quest now. Summon more dragons
Yeah, your insides are in rather interesting state. Or horrible state, depending how you view this. And they won't get better.
Considering your next magic roll is 1 you may want to reconsider what you will use it for.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
  • Most likely in the RTD section
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: June 09, 2016, 08:50:31 am »

Rest a bit
No sig yet

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: June 09, 2016, 03:30:19 pm »

((I'm sorry. RNG desires your death...))
((The RNG may take everything from us. CenTreepede will never die in our heart))

DESIGNATED COLLECTOR SOLEUS ARENDAR IDENTIFIED. CHAOS RECKONER ARRAY DETECTED. COLLECTION PERFORMANCE EVALUATION: UNKNOWN. NETWORK STATUS: UNAVAILABLE. LEVEL ZERO EMERGENCY PROTOCOLS IN PLACE.
NODE ONE ZERO IS SELF AUTHORIZED TO GRANT NEW DESIGNATION TO COLLECTOR SOLEUS ARENDAR. NEW DESIGNATION: MENDER. ACCEPT?

((Aaand thanks to quoting, I saw what I couldn't see.))
Soleus hears and feels words flowing in his head. His thoughts are so orderly right now.
"MENDER Designation Accepted. Requesting Access to MENDER Documentation and Annex."

DESIGNATION ACCEPTED.

COLLECTOR DESIGNATION REMOVED. RESTRAINT USAGE PERMISSION REVOKED. Your already faint sense of magic disappears completely.
MENDER DESIGNATION ADDED. MENDER SOUL MODEL ENFORCED. You feel sudden distance to your emotions, to your desires. Emotions are still here, but in a way that they won't get way of cold, solid logic. At anytime you can separate yourself from emotions and bodily distractions. You can let them run wild as they were until now if you so wish, but they are in leash; ready to be categorized, analyzed and shelved. Mind over matter, essentially. Letting chaotic emotions control you means you understand humans and humans understand you, but emotions can easily led you astray.
QUANTUM INTERACTION PREDICITON ARRAY GRANTED. Two of those different type of dice falls off from primary crystal. You pocket them without paying too much of attention. ((These predict your non-magical actions.))
QUANTUM INTERACTION MANIPULATION GRANTED. RESOURCES LIMITED. ATTEMPT TO USE CAUSES HEAVY STRESS ON BIOLOGICAL MEDIUM. What it means to say is that you can manipulate probablilities for your favour ((roll 4 instead of whatever was going to be rolled otherwise)), but it tires hell out of you. Two uses a day will knock you out.
ORDER MANIFESTATION GRANTED. RESOURCES LIMITED. A type of magic you use from now on. It will analyze the situation and bring order into it, whatever it might mean in the context. Sharpening of dull sword, ordering deck of cards, expanding mineral crystal in cracks of armor, ect. At moment what you can do is limited by scope. No flying houses anymore. Scope can be extended by doing your job. But no change of failure here. Goal will be archieved if it is possible in first place. How it is done may vary. This is still little experimental.
DOCUMENTATION: MENDER'S TASK IS TO ENFORCE ORDER.
ZEROTH PRIORITY: RE-ESTABLISH CONNECTION BETWEEN SIX OBSERVATION NODES. THIS TASK IS COMPLETED BY TRANSPORTING CONSTRUCTED PIECE TO ALL NODES.
FIRST PRIORITY: OBSERVE STRENGTH OF RESTRAINTS PLACED ON CHAOS ENTITY. THIS TASK IS COMPLETED BY OBSERVING LEVELS OF CHAOS INFLUENCE ON SOULS.
SECOND PRIORITY: ENSURE RESTRAINTS PLACED ON CHAOS ENTITY REMAINS. THIS TASK IS COMPLETED BY ENSURING COLLECTORS PERFORM THEIR TASK OF COLLECTING SOULS INTO RESTAINTS. THIS TASK IS COMPLETED BY PERFORMING COLLECTOR'S TASK.

<?!>

This is unnerving.

<I know you said you can't reveal anything more, but can you reveal why you can't reveal anything more or...?>
<...> Hesitation.
<I can not. Sorry.>

"Do you believe this queue, CenTreepede? Do you believe this shit?! I'm on a peaceful mission, and we're about to bring down the apocalypse. I can't believe this shit!"

Dominic order's CenTreepede to charge. He stays low on CenTreepede's back to avoid projectiles, and shouts "Get out of the way!" as he goes. If the guards or worse atack, Dominic fires controlled bursts of Doom at them - hopefully enough to disorient or stun them without being enough to cause severe damage. Once outside - if Dominic makes it that far - We immediately begin looking for a patch of earth to drop our Lifetree seed into.

((seriously, I have the most awesome collection of good and bad stuff. If only I had time to revive the Orange Juice Barrel, awaken the mage statue, and possibly do something with the green man blocks. Ah well.))

"I just had an idea, CenTreepede. A stupid idea, but there is no time like the present, since we don't have a future."
Dominic Casts Revive Giant Orange Juice Barrel.
CenTreepede accelerates with speed that presses you firmly on back of the seat. You make mental note to not order sudden stop because that just might send you flying. It barely avoids kicking shelves over as it charges from back of the warehouse towards the front door and guards, illusion of crate over it flickering rapidly because it can't keep up rapid change of position. Speaking of the guards, they stand near table freshly lit lanterns on their hands, their mouths hanging open. The sight of giant centipede barreling towards them and switching appearance between insectoid and crate must be very unbelievable. They merely stare as you get carried past them outside.

CenTreepede runs out onto paved open area with no green in sight. There's a sturdy built horse cart loaded with boxes and couple of men unloading them. They at least react, though not very efficiently. They drop whatever boxes they were carrying and stumble away shouting from you and your ride. One of the boxes falls on one man's feets and he screams curses to his escaping partner.

This area is actually walled off from rest of the city and within walls is more large warehouses. The only exit is sturdy looking gate with double doors. The gate is halfway open outwards to freedom, but you can't tell whether it was being closed or opened. Right now doors are not moving which is good for you. While walls probably aren't problem for your mount, getting over them might by bumby ride. You direct it towards gate, hoping to get past before you are forced to take alternative routes.

Lady luck is with you. Gate stays open and on otherside nothing is blocking your escape. Your mount takes tight right turn into open wide road. The road has low traffic for a capital of this size; only twenty horses pulling half as many carts along, now neighing in fear due your sudden and scary appearance.

As for your spell, the barrel ain't with you. You don't even know where it is in relation to you, distance nor direction. Nothing is getting revived.

Search the entire house for anything useful and any clues to moms whereabouts.
You find your mother's Die of Order. She never left anywhere without them, keeping them always close by. This fact together with still warm half finished snacks and the fact that magic didn't found her nearby can only mean one thing. The conclusion of this thought hurts your heart.

Magic switched your location with her.

While you are waffling here, she was left to deal with the men you just escaped from and forcefield prison you made. And you remember what she said about her next spell yesterday; malicious backslash expected. Mom wasn't type to carelessly cast those, so changes are good she still haven't used it.

This is bad. Very bad.

Rest a bit
Frankly resting ain't gonna help your case. Another burst of liquid gold vomit and rubies paints bright colors around your cave entrance. It leaves you feeling very nauseous and weak. Your legs shake and threaten to give up under you.

Your body was fucked up by magic, and only magic can restore it. Too bad it passionately hates your guts right now, both literally and figuratively.

Your minion watches your suffering indifferently. It doesn't care about you either.

Spoiler: Bluexdog - Markus Bane (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: CenTreepede (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Laudata (click to show/hide)
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: June 09, 2016, 03:42:18 pm »

go outside and make lint  repeat this spell 3 times until I'm at my 5 then immediately teleport mother here then heal her with my 6

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
  • Most likely in the RTD section
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: June 09, 2016, 03:56:55 pm »

Fix myself and also try and make myself stronger.
No sig yet

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: June 09, 2016, 05:03:56 pm »

Soleus answered in a calm tone, devoid of any unnecessary vibration :
"Priorities checked and registered.
Requesting Data Transfer: 'Observation Nodes 1 to 6 Locations' to 'Flying Island Ship cartographic database'.
Requesting Data Transfer: 'Collectors Positioning' to 'Flying Island Ship cartographic database'.
Requesting Exceptional Revocation of Chaos component of 'Designation: Chaos Automaton Tec'.
Requesting Exceptional Enforcement of Order component to 'Designation: Chaos Automaton Tec'.
In the Event of Request Denial, Request Displacement of Constructed Piece to Flying Island Ship."

First and foremost: Use Probability Manipulation [4] if these actions require a probability roll.

Request Node Zero to transfer the location of the six observation Nodes and the wild mages to the Manor Database.
Request to make Tec of Order instead of Chaos, so that it can approach and move the Constructed Piece.
If not, ask for the Constructed Piece to haul its base to the Island itself.
If not, ouch.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: June 09, 2016, 06:57:33 pm »

"I'm so very soooooorrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!" 

Dominic slows CenTreepede to a gentle walk for a bit, and asks any passerbys who aren't completely bananas at our appearance: "Excuse me, good day. Might you direct me to a public park? Preferably near the center of the city, but nothing in fancy town. We are part of a traveling circus, you see, and will be setting up a performance for later in the week. I'm terribly sorry about the surprise there. The show will be free of charge, so tell your friends!"

Upon receiving directions, Dominic proceeds toward whatever park is suggested. on the way, he Quietly casts Tome of the State - a spell designed to produce a book with the more important information about this nation: governmental structure, population, major cities, trade, internal and international relationships - that kind of stuff.

"Steady as she goes, CenTreepede, steady as she goes. that was a close one, and we've lost the element of surprise. but aside from trespassing and, you know, existing, I don't think we've done anything strictly illegal yet. Unless this little spell is banned. I mean what with the nature of the magic and all."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: June 09, 2016, 07:13:23 pm »

<Shall we just assume that we've iterated through various levels of 'cannot say why you cannot say' until you've reached a place where you can say why you can't say etc. etc. etc.?  And tell me how many times that happened.>
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: June 10, 2016, 01:17:33 pm »

go outside and make lint  repeat this spell 3 times until I'm at my 5 then immediately teleport mother here then heal her with my 6
Something in your subconsciousness nags about this whole "do magic in public" thing. Something wrong about it, but you can't figure out what exactly. Eh, it's probably nothing important, right? You walk outside into view of many people and weave spells proudly.

2. Short piece of wool thread lands on your nose. It makes you to sneeze.

1. Random passerby shrieks suddenly and pulls off his shoe. His toes are bleeding. Apparently he step on something sharp, but you know better. Your conscience nags you about this. Is it okay to hurt people you don't know just so you can save your mother? Probably innocent people? It is not.

2. Colors of your shirt turns a slightly brighter. Not much, but just enough for anyone observant to notice. Nobody calls out, so probably noone did. You walk back inside pretending you were just enjoying fresh city air.

5. No here in safety from prying eyes you request magic transport your mother back. It always more interesting to watch other people teleporting than be the one being teleported, you usually just get disoriented in the progress. Your mother unfolds next to couch crouching, protecting her head with arms. For few seconds she stays unnaturally still. Then, suddenly, she falls on her knees and leans on couch, breathing heavily.

((4 spells limit.))

Fix myself and also try and make myself stronger.
You try to do magic, but another golden vomit projectile distracts you. Your legs give up beneath you. As you fall on your stomach you can clearly feel how empty it has become, as if everything between skin and spine has disappeared. Another vomit burst knocks you out, leaving you laying on ground, liquid gold dripping from between teeths.

When you wake up indefinite amount of time later you are barely anything more than skin and skeleton. Your mind is slow and muddy, just functional enough to realize you are having big problems. The brief moment of clarity you have you attempt spell to heal yourself, completely forgetting the fact that magic isn't in mood to help you.

1. Rest of your body liquidifies in huge chunks, utterly and completely eliminating all traces of your existance.

You die. Another link into chains.

Soleus answered in a calm tone, devoid of any unnecessary vibration :
"Priorities checked and registered.
Requesting Data Transfer: 'Observation Nodes 1 to 6 Locations' to 'Flying Island Ship cartographic database'.
Requesting Data Transfer: 'Collectors Positioning' to 'Flying Island Ship cartographic database'.
Requesting Exceptional Revocation of Chaos component of 'Designation: Chaos Automaton Tec'.
Requesting Exceptional Enforcement of Order component to 'Designation: Chaos Automaton Tec'.
In the Event of Request Denial, Request Displacement of Constructed Piece to Flying Island Ship."

First and foremost: Use Probability Manipulation [4] if these actions require a probability roll.

Request Node Zero to transfer the location of the six observation Nodes and the wild mages to the Manor Database.
Request to make Tec of Order instead of Chaos, so that it can approach and move the Constructed Piece.
If not, ask for the Constructed Piece to haul its base to the Island itself.
If not, ouch.

EXACT LOCATION NOT PERMITTED IN MEMORY OF CHAOS BASED CONSTRUCTS. ROUGH LOCATIONS TRANSFERRED.
LAST KNOWN LOCATIONS OF MOST ACTIVE COLLECTORS TRANSFERRED.

There's a quick data transfer from you into the node regarding details of Tec.
DESCRIBED CHAOS CONSTRUCT NOT DETECTED WITHIN AREA. 86 FRAGMENTS MATCHING COMPLETE DESCRIPTION DETECTED. REQUEST REJECT FOR BEING INPRACTICAL. THE CONSTRUCT WAS FULLY CHAOS BASED. PURGING CHAOS AND INCLUSION OF ORDER BASED REPLACEMENT WOULD REQUIRE TOTAL RECONSTRUCTION. RAW MATERIALS ARE SUITABLE FOR THE PURPOSE.
REQUEST REJECTED. NOT ENOUGH RESOURCES FOR DISPLACEMENT.

The connector crystal it made for you is small enough to be carried on one hand. Not very light, but light enough. It is dodecahedron shaped piece of pyrite. Looks like you gotta walk back on your own. And mayne do something about Tec. Doesn't sounds like he's in good shape.

Here's very rough map of the continent. Very rough.

"I'm so very soooooorrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!" 

Dominic slows CenTreepede to a gentle walk for a bit, and asks any passerbys who aren't completely bananas at our appearance: "Excuse me, good day. Might you direct me to a public park? Preferably near the center of the city, but nothing in fancy town. We are part of a traveling circus, you see, and will be setting up a performance for later in the week. I'm terribly sorry about the surprise there. The show will be free of charge, so tell your friends!"

Upon receiving directions, Dominic proceeds toward whatever park is suggested. on the way, he Quietly casts Tome of the State - a spell designed to produce a book with the more important information about this nation: governmental structure, population, major cities, trade, internal and international relationships - that kind of stuff.

"Steady as she goes, CenTreepede, steady as she goes. that was a close one, and we've lost the element of surprise. but aside from trespassing and, you know, existing, I don't think we've done anything strictly illegal yet. Unless this little spell is banned. I mean what with the nature of the magic and all."
Seriously, when you see something like this (but tall as a man and made out of living wood) walking towards you on streets, would you stand still? Yeah, didn't think so.

So no, no instructions to go anywhere. The road is being vacated on record speed. All that remains are few toppled carts and a lonely horse caught too tightly on cart it was assigned to pull.

2. You get a ragged piece of paper. On it is written "I'm from Goldshore."

<Shall we just assume that we've iterated through various levels of 'cannot say why you cannot say' until you've reached a place where you can say why you can't say etc. etc. etc.?  And tell me how many times that happened.>
<I fear I and you may be killed if I reveal anything.>

((How many times what happened?))

Let's see. Next on waitlist is Coolrune206. Are you ready?

Spoiler: Coolrune206 - Alan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: CenTreepede (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Laudata (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 05:28:22 pm by AoshimaMichio »
Old sigs.
Games.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: June 10, 2016, 01:43:17 pm »

(For a rough map, I like it a lot)

"Denial understood. Initiating task:'Reconnection'"

Soleus took off his hand from the Pyrite cube, and turned toward Brian and Noel.
"We are going back home. I will give you a briefing afterward, much will have to be done."

Head back home, and order Tec to stop beating those trees try to bring back Tec pieces one by one ?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 01:45:31 pm by Nakéen »

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: June 10, 2016, 02:14:41 pm »

Cameron  kneels down to his mother.
"Mother are you okay!!?"

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: June 10, 2016, 05:27:46 pm »

Yes! Drop me in and I'll figure out what to do!
Pieces of razor sharp metal suddenly appearing in your shoe makes you shriek in unmanly way. Correcting this flaw with few expletives you pull the shoe off and examine damage done to your toes. Nothing too serious, though it needs to be treated soonish or infection might set in. Carefull inspection on your shoe reveals that the metal pieces in fact did not pierce your shoe, but rather appeared out of nowhere. There's probably another mage somewhere around fucking things up. In that case it might be dangerous to hang around.

Spoiler: Coolrune206 - Alan (click to show/hide)
Old sigs.
Games.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: June 10, 2016, 05:31:27 pm »

<That would be a problem.>
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 55