Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 55

Author Topic: Wild Mages: Dominic, The Naked Mage  (Read 79177 times)

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
  • Most likely in the RTD section
    • View Profile
Re: Wild Mages: Questing begins
« Reply #585 on: June 10, 2016, 05:49:31 pm »

awww I died. can I resurrect myself?
No sig yet

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: June 10, 2016, 06:37:59 pm »

"This information is as useful as I expected. but why are the citizens so nervous? it's not like I brought the shark or the octopus with us. Oh, sure, we're a little outlandish, but we've been nothing but courteous so far. Even our silent friend there." He says this last part gesturing at the statue of the dead mage. "Oh look, CenTreepede! A four is in our queue. things are looking up. now i only need to get through seven consecutive failures ... no, make that three failures, a minor success and three failures -sigh- four of which have quite painful consequences. well, perhaps now is the best time to do it. Or perhaps it wold be better to get far away from here first. but we do have a task. Crapsack! Crapsack, how ya holding up, my shitty little buddy? Okay? Good. Brace yourselves, magic is coming."

Dominic continues to search for a park, preferably centrally located, but not in the aristocratic parts of town. He casts "Hello? Is Anyone Home?" on the nearest house or business that people might have fled into. Goal of this is to get one of the inhabitants to interact with him.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: June 10, 2016, 07:49:02 pm »

Alan extravagantly waves his hands and shouts "REVEAL!".

((Step one to becoming Black Mage; fail at all your magic. Time to get started.))
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: June 10, 2016, 08:14:26 pm »

I missed it. How did Soleus become MAGE OF ORDER?

I think Dominic is fast on the way to being mage of Summoned Self Hatred. What with the Orange Juice barrel, demon imps, doombox and torture bed, sea monsters, crapsack, lawn of doom, and tornado of papercuts.

Maybe even the Mage of Controlled Summoned Self Hatred, since he's been able to deflect or alter most of the items that have it in for him.

of course, being mage of breakfast and master of CenTreepede are part of his charm as well, so the title would be a little limiting.
Title suggestions, anyone?

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: June 10, 2016, 08:18:44 pm »

Dominic, the Summoner Mage of the Mad Furnitures Plane

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: June 10, 2016, 09:44:22 pm »

So, time to prepare for departure. Open the hidden door, cast a spell to get rid of the creepy tree and flesh out there (teleport them to Tenhe, since the glass orb has probably already obliterated the place). Grab the treasure boxes, which should definitely be normal size by now, haul them into the dome, then close the door. Don't think there's anything else that needs doing, so we'll stick with that.

Anyway... where exactly am I going to build this land bridge, again? Use the new teleportation function on my house to go to the place I decided upon before, assuming that's a specific enough instruction.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Wild Mages: Dominic, The Summoner of Self Hatred
« Reply #591 on: June 11, 2016, 03:27:57 pm »

(For a rough map, I like it a lot)

"Denial understood. Initiating task:'Reconnection'"

Soleus took off his hand from the Pyrite cube, and turned toward Brian and Noel.
"We are going back home. I will give you a briefing afterward, much will have to be done."

Head back home, and order Tec to stop beating those trees try to bring back Tec pieces one by one ?
It takes some patience and rough handling to get your butler and maid walk into correct direction. Even more to get them carrying Tec's pieces. Filtering the view through your emotions you recognize it is rather sad view: the poor golem paid the price of bad interaction with magic. But the now dominant logical part says that it doesn't matter. It was, after all, a mere construct. It can be remade into far more efficient and functional form. It takes some time and effort, but it also brings a question: is it worth of your time? Emotional filters say 'yes', logical filters say 'maybe?'. There's some value in having an assistant free of chaos' influence, also value can be found in experimenting and finding limits of what you can currently do.

You reach edge of the effect protecting this area. You can almost see it now. For you its two way effect is ignored. Memory of the events taking place there is retained, and you can see the larger vale behind as it is. Brian and Noel on the other hand stop on their tracks. "What the hell?" they say in near perfect unison, staring at assorted pieces of Tec they and you are carrying. "The fuck did just happen?" Noel continues.

((I think I change that non-magic roll queue alltogether. Instead you can ask predictions for each task where luck and skill might be a factor. I'll roll a die and the result is set on stone (for varying periods of time). That I think is a bit more logical approach than having same roll regardless what you are going to do. In name of speed I recommend asking predictions for multiple different actions at once.))

Cameron  kneels down to his mother.
"Mother are you okay!!?"
She's fine. A bit scared from sudden unpleasant suprise that teleportation gave her, and exhausted from post-adrenaline rush. What kind person is your mother by the way? Asking so I can simulate her to some degree matching with your view. I assume she's very careful enough because she's still alive despite of being a mage and having a son who's too a mage.

<That would be a problem.>
"Yes, my lord. A very big problem. You understand why I am reluctant to speak about the subject."

awww I died. can I resurrect myself?
No. You are too dead to cast spells. If you are very, very lucky someone might be able to pull your soul back into a new body. Quite unlikely though.

"This information is as useful as I expected. but why are the citizens so nervous? it's not like I brought the shark or the octopus with us. Oh, sure, we're a little outlandish, but we've been nothing but courteous so far. Even our silent friend there." He says this last part gesturing at the statue of the dead mage. "Oh look, CenTreepede! A four is in our queue. things are looking up. now i only need to get through seven consecutive failures ... no, make that three failures, a minor success and three failures -sigh- four of which have quite painful consequences. well, perhaps now is the best time to do it. Or perhaps it wold be better to get far away from here first. but we do have a task. Crapsack! Crapsack, how ya holding up, my shitty little buddy? Okay? Good. Brace yourselves, magic is coming."

Dominic continues to search for a park, preferably centrally located, but not in the aristocratic parts of town. He casts "Hello? Is Anyone Home?" on the nearest house or business that people might have fled into. Goal of this is to get one of the inhabitants to interact with him.
You recalling green spots in map you saw from the mapball. Largest spot is quite central, not terribly far from imperial palace but just far enough. There was few other green spots along the way, but those were considerably smaller. Probably too small for fully grown tree. You can't imagine tree as powerful as these being anywhere on same size as normal trees. You continue trundling along the road, scaring people shitless in the process. The fact that your shredded clothes are red with your blood as is your entire body might have some additional effect.

1. Growling words echo from your location saying things that you don't quite understand. You are getting feeling that you should understand it perfectly well, but your understanding is clouded just enough that meaning of words in question escapes your grasp. Considering this spell was going to get malicious reaction from magic you think the voice isn't saying very nice things. Either way, no one comes out.

Oh, and those clouds above? They behave in very similar manner as the ones above your latest home. Getting darker very quickly.

Alan extravagantly waves his hands and shouts "REVEAL!".

((Step one to becoming Black Mage; fail at all your magic. Time to get started.))
2. Ignoring your bleeding toes you blatantly do some magic in public knowing nothing will come out of it. Well, except people walking by are now staring you. Clothes of one man turn invisible for a moment revealing his impressive manhood. Shame on you. Noone else seems to notice that.

So, time to prepare for departure. Open the hidden door, cast a spell to get rid of the creepy tree and flesh out there (teleport them to Tenhe, since the glass orb has probably already obliterated the place). Grab the treasure boxes, which should definitely be normal size by now, haul them into the dome, then close the door. Don't think there's anything else that needs doing, so we'll stick with that.

Anyway... where exactly am I going to build this land bridge, again? Use the new teleportation function on my house to go to the place I decided upon before, assuming that's a specific enough instruction.

4. The tree and associated pile of flesh disappears. They are really gonna have fun times in Tenhe. Another city completely lost to uncontrolled magic.

Yeah, boxes are back in their normal size now. You have your golems carry them inside rather than doing it yourself. Such menial tasks are perfectly suited for golems.

Directly north from your current location (where Ozarck is now on the map) might be a decent spot. Easy to find and plenty of theoretically empty shoreline. The spell doesn't have much of feedback system built in, but it informs you that relocation was succesfull. You didn't even notice anything. Perfectly smooth ride.

Spoiler: Coolrune206 - Alan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: CenTreepede (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Laudata (click to show/hide)
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: June 11, 2016, 04:38:22 pm »

((well she would be described well as a cautious person Known to lock their things and keep a cautious hold on all their possesions  and are rather obbsesive with their belongings and their own appearance always trying to keep their hair a certain way or wear something a certain way.but they have been known to take risks when something important to them is at risk.They have a eloquent and polite manner of speaking around strangers but around people she knows she is very relaxed and loose with what she say's.Her favourite color is navy blue and she generally likes to wear clothing that is light but resistant to wear and tear and hopefully other potentially magical backfires.))
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: June 11, 2016, 05:49:37 pm »

Nonmagically clean up the loaded dice before magically making them loaded for 1s instead of 6s.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
  • Most likely in the RTD section
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: June 11, 2016, 07:12:01 pm »

could I atleast attempt to send a request to one of the other mages, you know like a last effort of spirit
No sig yet

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: June 11, 2016, 09:08:43 pm »

Alan, undeterred by this failure, gestures to his feet in another grandiose expression. "MEND!"
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: June 11, 2016, 09:27:44 pm »

help mother into the house and uh sit down.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: June 11, 2016, 09:37:22 pm »

"Well, that seems less  deadly than it could have been. Onward to the big green place, CenTreepede. Now, if I can just get through a couple more minor spells ..."

Dominic continues to the big park, and casts Glow on a nearby streetlamp or tavern sign.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: June 12, 2016, 02:22:07 am »

(No problem with the changes proposed)

"I don't see what you are talking about, maybe you are just getting crazy." said Soleus with an emotionless tone, even though he wanted to be snarky.

Return to the house, taking as much time is needed to haul Tec's pieces back up.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: June 12, 2016, 02:55:49 pm »

Nonmagically clean up the loaded dice before magically making them loaded for 1s instead of 6s.
I guess messed pile of dice has same kind effect on you as spilling jar full of seeds in front of vampire. You stack them up neatly ensuring each die is exactly same orientation as its neighbour. In the end you count you have 157464 dice in nice stacks.

2. And now you have one very big one.

could I atleast attempt to send a request to one of the other mages, you know like a last effort of spirit
Nope.

Alan, undeterred by this failure, gestures to his feet in another grandiose expression. "MEND!"
6. Bleeding stops, flesh bubbles and grows over the wound. It would be great if it stopped there, but it doesn't. Your toe nails grow thicker, longer and sharper. Skin on your feet turns hard and bone plates grow over parts that don't move much.

This display of magic in public causes people scream en masse and run away from you. Seriously, why do you guys use magic in public? At this rate we have ghost cities everywhere and people living in forests.

((well she would be described well as a cautious person Known to lock their things and keep a cautious hold on all their possesions  and are rather obbsesive with their belongings and their own appearance always trying to keep their hair a certain way or wear something a certain way.but they have been known to take risks when something important to them is at risk.They have a eloquent and polite manner of speaking around strangers but around people she knows she is very relaxed and loose with what she say's.Her favourite color is navy blue and she generally likes to wear clothing that is light but resistant to wear and tear and hopefully other potentially magical backfires.))
Dunno if I can do the eloquent thing. Art of speaking isn't my forte, Harry Baldman is so much better at it. But I'll try.

help mother into the house and uh sit down.
She's already in the house. You teleported her right into living room. Because magic in public is bad idea and she should have raised you to know that.

"Good lord, son. Was it your fault that I ended up there? They thought I was the same mage who they assaulted in first place!"

There's screaming outside. The few particularly loud screams tells you that there's either a mage or a monster present. Might not be a good idea to get involved, escpecially since mom has managed to keep her profession in secret so far. Or if you want to, better be discreet about it. No need to draw attention here.

"Well, that seems less  deadly than it could have been. Onward to the big green place, CenTreepede. Now, if I can just get through a couple more minor spells ..."

Dominic continues to the big park, and casts Glow on a nearby streetlamp or tavern sign.
1. The street lamp explodes and its burning oil reserves splatter everywhere spreading fire. Some of it lands on CenTreepede's backside. It doesn't slow or care about it all because it is a mindless golem. But you care. It would be bad if your ride burned down.

Not long any more, you can see carefully trimmed trees in end of this new wide and exceptionally well paved road. As shitty as your luck has been lately, you spot a pair of city guards on the way. Unlike civilians they are not running away from you. Well, they probably will jump out of the way so they won't be trampled by the golem. They may not be able to hurt you at this speeds, but they definitely will give you a chase assuming they can commandeer calm enough horses for the purpose.

Oh never mind that. One of them blows on a horn and loud signal echoes through the neighbourhood. Soon another signals respond.

(No problem with the changes proposed)

"I don't see what you are talking about, maybe you are just getting crazy." said Soleus with an emotionless tone, even though he wanted to be snarky.

Return to the house, taking as much time is needed to haul Tec's pieces back up.
"What? I'm certain I wasn't carrying anything a moment ago." Brian and Noel drop their cargo near the elevator. They are not very pleased for having to carry rather heavy metal pieces. Brian picks up a piece that used form half of Tec's face.
"Is this part that golem of yours?" he asks. "Just what the hell happened, bossman? Hey? Are you listening?"

You are, but you aren't paying attention on his meaningless whine. Getting these pieces up on that extremely inefficient and unsafe piece of wood takes up all your focus. You make note to construct something better for transporting people and material from and to the villa. Should have done that long time ago. While you haul the pieces up, your servants get up via the same rope they used to descend down.

Anna approaches you smiling. "Did you find what you forgot there?"

Spoiler: Coolrune206 - Alan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: CenTreepede (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Laudata (click to show/hide)
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 55