Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 55

Author Topic: Wild Mages: Dominic, The Naked Mage  (Read 79108 times)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Wild Mages: Dominic, The Summoner of Self Hatred
« Reply #615 on: June 14, 2016, 04:04:01 pm »

Alan scowls.

"What are you all afraid of? Are you scared that I might just point at your town hall and say 'Hadoken'"

Alan accidentally fires a hadoken at the largest building in the general vicinity, ironically in an attempt to convince the villagers that he wouldn't do such a thing.
"You magic types are known to be unpredictably dangerous! No offense!" Shouts the closest person, who isn't really that close at all.

4. Brilliant blast of light escapes from your finger tips in middle of theatrical hand swing. The beam hits a building down on the road, probably a store of some kind or just otherwise big house, and completely penetrates it leaving big hole behind. A moment later someone jumps out from second floor window.

"Just like that!" Finishes the shouting person. She runs out of sight behind a corner.

((I will use the 'Order Magic' sparingly, upon account that using it costs a lot of energy. Also, I reckon I can no longer use Wild Magic right ?))

Soleus doesn't even bat an eye upon learning the expected failures of his project.
"Original blueprint of Chaos Golem Tec lost. Too many chaotic modifications added in. Stability compromised.
Options re-evaluated. Personal ability to construct Order Golem on the magnitude of Chaos Golem Tec insufficient.
New Order Golem blueprint: Tec_version_2.
>Smaller, human sized.
>Armor and plating kept to strict minimum.
>Scrap original energy source to smaller and more stable power core.
>Emphasize on dexterity and kinesthesia.

Attempting Reconstruction Now."

Before starting, Soleus turned toward Anna :
"If you have any remark or idea, feel free to speak up. I am sure you will have great advices."

Begin reconstructing Tec.
Aim for a much smaller golem model than before, human sized preferably. It is basically an Iron Man.
Will Soleus manage to pull off a Tony Stark with his box of scrapes ?

((Usage of order magic doesn't tire you out, it's manipulating possibilities that does. Yeah, no wild magic for you anymore.))

Anna takes a step back, studying you closely.
"What happened there? You sound very different... Are you really my Soleus?"

Tec was human sized before if you exclude his wing span, you know? I don't think I ever implied otherwise. Discarding armor... that goes back to original design basically. Energy source didn't really exist within, it was powered directly through magic as are all magical constructs. Dexterity was pretty good. Therefore changes in the blueprint are insufficient to change outcome significantly.

1. The steel pile consisting of broken parts of late Tec heats up into very high temperatures and melts into one big pool. It's hot enough to force you take few steps away to avoid heat damaging your body. Molten metal flows to new beautiful geometric shapes before cooling down to solid, but still remaining very hot and bright. Those hot parts collect themselves into a new form that doesn't resemble previous Tec at slightest.

Gears, pistons, springs, joints and other mechanical parts form a complex shape. It has 16 multi jointed legs, two connected to each side of central octahedron body. Each leg has a blade and hooks it could use to hang on things. Leg formation ensures it cannot be knocked over, it can probably walk on walls and maybe even on ceiling without changing its orientation. It can defend itself from multiple attackers from multiple directions, and maybe even carry small things in various ways.

Unquestionably efficient in terms of dexterity and lack of armor plating. It moves carefully in small area testing out its basic functions while waiting heat cooling off. Tec's rebirth burned a big area clear of grass. Unsightly spot in otherwise nicely tended area.

<Well.  Now I have this overshoot lined up.  What should I do with it?>
"Apparently fortress is bigger now. If you feel confident you may want to create more people to fill all empty rooms." Laudata comments, clearly eager to bolster numbers of magically created humans.

"I didn't even do anything! These things are breaking outside of my control. The universe itself must be suffering. Well, when I have time I'll deal with that."

Dominic quickly grabs crapsack, climbs to the burning part and kicks it out, then dismounts, digs a hole with his hands, and drops a seed into it and orders crapsack to cover it in his special product. He then remounts and orders CenTreepede out toward the nearest edge of town. if any guards come with ranged weapons, disable them with bursts from doombox, but set to a setting that will hopefully do only temporary damage. Do however much of the plan above that can be done in a turn - that's just what Dominic is planning. Gonna hang onto that 3 for now, since that rust colored rain is alarming, as is the oncoming horde of guards, and the great big unknown as to how quickly the resurrection seed will make itself secure and whether the guards think of digging it up again or not.
Stomping burning parts doesn't help, oil burns quite happily regardless of your attempts to smother it out, but with help from rain you can stop it from spreading. You shrug and hop off to do gardening.
Soil isn't exactly soft here, but you are in hurry so you make best of your limited tools. You rip grass off, dig soil as fast as you possibly can, cutting your fingertips open and wince as one fingernail tears off near end. You pick one seed with your least hurt hand, drop it into the hole and push some soil back over it before order pile of shit on it. Crapsack pushes some turd over the hole. Not enough cover it completely, but probably enough to fool someone into thinking someone or something had to take emergancy break there. With addition of this rather bloody rain it makes plausibly hard to find out that something important was actually buried here. Maybe. You can only hope now.

You push crapsack back on CenTreepede and get yourself seated as well when something other than water falls from skies on your lap. You pick  it up curiously. It is a severed human finger. A toe bounces off CenTreepede's head. A pair of fingers connected by scrap of skin splatters on nearby pool of water. A recent weather forecast comes into mind... Holy shit and bloody hell isn't it perfect time to escape?

You don't envy citizens of the capital. If this crap is raining all over the city the smell must be horrible when wamr sun decides to make things rot. Rodents and insects will have bloody feast and bring host of horrible diseases with them. You can only hope the tree will grow fast enough to counteract those effects.

CenTreepede accelerates fast on your command and tramples over four unfortunate guards who slipped while trying to jump out of your way. Fifth manages to dodge but is knocked out by a severed feet falling on his head. You begin to consider if there's anything good about messing with weather... Now, way out of the city? You have no clue of your current orientation and bloody limb rain is limiting your view range considerably. Finding river would be good. That would provide direction, but for now you have to settle on following biggest roads.

You are lucky with guards, they are too busy dodging falling limbs and body parts to shoot you with anything. On the other hand you are unlucky because you literally get a falling knee on your face. Once again you are knocked out in middle of something important.

Spoiler: Coolrune206 - Alan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: CenTreepede (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Laudata (click to show/hide)
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
  • Most likely in the RTD section
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: June 14, 2016, 04:04:40 pm »

New character
Name: [    ] (Unknown)
Desc: A cloaked man with silver hair and pointed ears
No sig yet

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: June 14, 2016, 04:06:53 pm »

Create enough of Laudata's kind to fill the fortress to 80% of capacity.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: June 14, 2016, 04:10:57 pm »

"Uhhhhhhh.... Not my fault. You built shoddy buildings. Alas, I must escape, else I will have to slaughter every guard who attacks me!

... not that that would be a bad idea.
"

((Help I completely forgot what I'm supposed to be doing.))

Alan quickly decides to stick around for now. After all, he has the entire area to himself. He has an idea; something he's always wanted to do. Once again he waves his arms around flamboyantly, casting a spell.

"Summon dragon minion!"
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: June 14, 2016, 04:37:18 pm »

"Reconstruction Completed. Tec Assignation: Bring us two chairs."

Soleus then says to Anna:
"Let's move to a nicer place first."

They walked relatively close to the island's edge, just enough so that the forest down there could be seen. They stopped here and sat on the chairs that Tec conveniently brought. And Soleus began to explain what happened to Anna. His voice still felt abnormally calm, like a lake whose surface was smooth and immovable.
"I am still Soleus. My memories, my emotions, my dreams, all of them are still here inside me. But whereas I was once Soleus the Wild Mage, I am now Soleus the Mage of Order."

He pointed at the forest downward.
"Down there, I found a manifestation of Order in the form of a pure crystal Cube. It called to me and I answered back. The Cube spoke to me, and proposed me a new purpose. To restore Order, and keep Chaos in check. I saw that this calling echoed with the depths of my souls. Always I yearned for peace, to be free from the dependance of Wild Magic. It gave me the chance to fulfill this dream, so I accepted, and it changed me to what I am now."

Then he shows a Dice of Order.
"Those Dices won't answer to me anymore. As a Mage of Order, my personality changed to a more orderly form. But it doesn't change who I am, it only change how I am. My love for you remains unchanged, its voice is still the strongest in my heart, but its voice is less tumultuous than before."

Finally he says:
"Despite this...will you still accept me ?"

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: June 14, 2016, 07:53:00 pm »

((All I did was summon a Nautical Chart of Danger, I don't know how the weather turned so bodily.))

Upon awakening, Dominic will evaluate his environment and act accordingly. If CenTreepede is around and the fire is damaging him noticeably, He will cast Extinguish Fire. If CenTreepede is around and not being particularly damaged, he will instead cast Deflect Falling Body Parts. If CenTreepede is not around he will head to the nearest shelter - doorway, shed, whatever, and wait. If CenTreepede is nearby and functional, He will get underneath and order CenTreepede to move carefully, heading along a main road until we find a landmark.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: June 15, 2016, 02:21:24 pm »

New character
Name: [    ] (Unknown)
Desc: A cloaked man with silver hair and pointed ears
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=157303.0

Create enough of Laudata's kind to fill the fortress to 80% of capacity.
6. 2. These people who you make are widely different from one to another, they come in all sizes and shapes, but each and every has fantastically ideal human body. Makes you feel really inadequate, though you can always compensate with shapeshifting. Their personality on the other hand leaves lot hope for. They are rude, outright ignore your orders, and loot everything valuable that isn't nailed down while walking out of the hall.

<Should I chastise them on your behalf? I can still whip up those prisons and torture chambers if you want me to...> The fortress asks.

"Uhhhhhhh.... Not my fault. You built shoddy buildings. Alas, I must escape, else I will have to slaughter every guard who attacks me!

... not that that would be a bad idea.
"

((Help I completely forgot what I'm supposed to be doing.))

Alan quickly decides to stick around for now. After all, he has the entire area to himself. He has an idea; something he's always wanted to do. Once again he waves his arms around flamboyantly, casting a spell.

"Summon dragon minion!"
((Do whatever you want until you are contacted. And after that you still do whatever you want to.))

3. A two meter long crocodile appears in front of you. That's a bit of... lackluster. Not quite what you were expecting. Well, it got scaly skin, teeths and hunger for peasant meat, so guess it is as close as you are going to get at the moment. Could be worse.

"Reconstruction Completed. Tec Assignation: Bring us two chairs."

Soleus then says to Anna:
"Let's move to a nicer place first."

They walked relatively close to the island's edge, just enough so that the forest down there could be seen. They stopped here and sat on the chairs that Tec conveniently brought. And Soleus began to explain what happened to Anna. His voice still felt abnormally calm, like a lake whose surface was smooth and immovable.
"I am still Soleus. My memories, my emotions, my dreams, all of them are still here inside me. But whereas I was once Soleus the Wild Mage, I am now Soleus the Mage of Order."

He pointed at the forest downward.
"Down there, I found a manifestation of Order in the form of a pure crystal Cube. It called to me and I answered back. The Cube spoke to me, and proposed me a new purpose. To restore Order, and keep Chaos in check. I saw that this calling echoed with the depths of my souls. Always I yearned for peace, to be free from the dependance of Wild Magic. It gave me the chance to fulfill this dream, so I accepted, and it changed me to what I am now."

Then he shows a Dice of Order.
"Those Dices won't answer to me anymore. As a Mage of Order, my personality changed to a more orderly form. But it doesn't change who I am, it only change how I am. My love for you remains unchanged, its voice is still the strongest in my heart, but its voice is less tumultuous than before."

Finally he says:
"Despite this...will you still accept me ?"
New Tecz skitters and rolls away in interestingly unique manner while waving its many limbs to accelerate cooling process.

Anna stays silent long after your confession. Fair to assume it is a lot to take in. It's not every day when your husband/creator switches occupation to polar opposite end on sliding scale of stability. One good thing about this whole Order thing is that it makes waiting much easier. Patience is truly a virtue here in this camp.

After long silent minutes she finally speaks, staring deeply into your eyes.

"I do." she says. Then she continues with counter question. "As a mage of Order I assume you are now fully aware of true nature of wild magic? Have you come in terms with what it means and what it means to keep Chaos in check?"

((All I did was summon a Nautical Chart of Danger, I don't know how the weather turned so bodily.))

Upon awakening, Dominic will evaluate his environment and act accordingly. If CenTreepede is around and the fire is damaging him noticeably, He will cast Extinguish Fire. If CenTreepede is around and not being particularly damaged, he will instead cast Deflect Falling Body Parts. If CenTreepede is not around he will head to the nearest shelter - doorway, shed, whatever, and wait. If CenTreepede is nearby and functional, He will get underneath and order CenTreepede to move carefully, heading along a main road until we find a landmark.
Your weather forecast.

You wake up feeling weak and in uncomfortable pose on top of your various luggage. You can't feel your left arm, but if you are to believe your eyes you can still move your fingers. CenTreepede is stomping away on a wide and good road, still spooking all oncoming people. No cities in sight. Plenty of farmland around however. There appears to be fair amount of arms and legs scattered on your stuff. Also CenTreepede's back quarter is fully ablaze and missing pair of legs, you think. Hmm, magic can solve this situation. Probably.

3. It doesn't. Not completely anyway. A bit over half of fire is extinguished leaving only the furthest part on fire and exposing some of damage done. Most of the burned legs are near point of breaking off, especially the ones near where fire started. All healthy bark and various branches that used to be there has been burned off and completely charred black. Good indication that it has been burning a while.

If there's anything good news it is that the limb storm has not followed you. Sky is still covered by clouds but those are normal ones. And your numerous cuts have stopped bleeding. You are basically walking pile of dried blood. Or rather sitting pile, really. And the finger missing nail is on the hand that is numb. That's really good. You can't imagine how much it will hurt after your senses return. And you are not being chased as far as you can see. CenTreepede runs faster than most horses do and it doesn't run out of strength.

That's four good news. You are doing well!

Spoiler: Coolrune206 - Alan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: CenTreepede (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Laudata (click to show/hide)
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: June 15, 2016, 02:25:49 pm »

<No, I've got this.  But don't let them out.>

Fix their personalities.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: June 15, 2016, 02:44:52 pm »

Alan scratches the crocodile's head.

"Who's a good dragon... It's you!
I'll call you.... Professor Cuddles! With a doctorate in mass murder!

Now, Professor Cuddles, shall we go find something to do?

Ooh! I know! I'll give you wings! Not big enough to fly like a bird, but big enough to allow hovering above the ground. It'll be unsightful, ungainly, and adorable!
"

Alan casts his magic.

"Create comically small wings for my dragon!"
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: June 15, 2016, 02:46:46 pm »

...I HAVE to ask.

Are you basing your character off of someone else's?  Like, from a different game.
Sigtext

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: June 15, 2016, 02:48:52 pm »

((No. It's off of Black Mage, from 8-Bit Theatre. Although I can draw connections between my sorcerer and another from Special People. Called Alan.

Wait. Shit.))

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: June 15, 2016, 02:49:21 pm »

((Exactly.   ;D))
Sigtext

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: June 15, 2016, 02:49:45 pm »

((Unintentional but hilarious.))

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: June 15, 2016, 03:22:18 pm »

Soleus face becomes somber :
"Yes. Wild Magic is a morally horrible travesty. Humans think they can toy with it, when they are being toyed with. As such, keeping it in check is necessary, but will require me to do things a normal human psyche couldn't bear. Hence why my emotions are usually suppressed.

My missions are to re-establish Order nodes connection, to make sure that current Wild Mages will harvest enough soul for Magic, and to analyze the state of Chaos. I know there is an answer at the end of the path."

He then bowed and kissed the hand of his wife.
"Thank you for staying by my side. As long as you are here, I know I won't lose myself."

Finally, he headed for the Control Room, while giving an assignation to Tec along the way:
"Tec New Assignation: Assist Brian, Noel, Marie and Joshua in various house tasks.
Adding New Administrator: Anna. Orders from Anna are of higher priority than everyone else bar Soleus."

Head toward Dominic's location.

To Samuel:
<"Samuel. I am now a Mage of Order. Requesting Quest Progress Report: How is your Task going ?
I am currently heading toward an unknown Wild Mage."
>

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: June 15, 2016, 06:32:03 pm »

"Holy Crap we survived!" Dominic is just flabbergasted. Upon being reminded of the weather forecast, which had slipped his mind, Dominic is further flabbergasted. "I expected a failed forecast, not a complete rewrite of the weather. wow. looming wall of death, limb rain ... Old creatures awakening to kill? that sounds really, really awful. I had no idea I cast a spell of that magnitude." Dominic halts CenTreepede and climbs down, patting his faithful wooden mount on the side. "We'll get you fixed up, never fear." Dominic looks again at himself, a bit shell shocked. "We'll get me fixed up too, I hope."

Dominic casts Summon a Pair of Normal Dice. He then pulls up a fistful of grass and flings it in the air. He then pulls another fistfull of grass and drops it, casting Reattach Grass.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 55