Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 55

Author Topic: Wild Mages: Dominic, The Naked Mage  (Read 79339 times)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Wild Mages: Dominic, The Summoner of Self Hatred
« Reply #630 on: June 16, 2016, 03:04:55 pm »

<No, I've got this.  But don't let them out.>

Fix their personalities.
<Got it, removing all doors.>

4. You mess with their very souls, giving boost for their conscience. Now that it is nagging so loudly they have considerably harder time making mess of your home.

Alan scratches the crocodile's head.

"Who's a good dragon... It's you!
I'll call you.... Professor Cuddles! With a doctorate in mass murder!

Now, Professor Cuddles, shall we go find something to do?

Ooh! I know! I'll give you wings! Not big enough to fly like a bird, but big enough to allow hovering above the ground. It'll be unsightful, ungainly, and adorable!
"

Alan casts his magic.

"Create comically small wings for my dragon!"
3. Those wings are truly comically small. Not really even wings, just wing bones sticking out of its back and hanging limp.

Soleus face becomes somber :
"Yes. Wild Magic is a morally horrible travesty. Humans think they can toy with it, when they are being toyed with. As such, keeping it in check is necessary, but will require me to do things a normal human psyche couldn't bear. Hence why my emotions are usually suppressed.

My missions are to re-establish Order nodes connection, to make sure that current Wild Mages will harvest enough soul for Magic, and to analyze the state of Chaos. I know there is an answer at the end of the path."

He then bowed and kissed the hand of his wife.
"Thank you for staying by my side. As long as you are here, I know I won't lose myself."

Finally, he headed for the Control Room, while giving an assignation to Tec along the way:
"Tec New Assignation: Assist Brian, Noel, Marie and Joshua in various house tasks.
Adding New Administrator: Anna. Orders from Anna are of higher priority than everyone else bar Soleus."

Head toward Dominic's location.

To Samuel:
<"Samuel. I am now a Mage of Order. Requesting Quest Progress Report: How is your Task going ?
I am currently heading toward an unknown Wild Mage."
>
Going on maximum speed for maximum effiency. Due his recent unconsciousness assume yourself already at his location, some 400 meters above him or so. He's by side of major road with a very big centipede like golem on fire.

"Holy Crap we survived!" Dominic is just flabbergasted. Upon being reminded of the weather forecast, which had slipped his mind, Dominic is further flabbergasted. "I expected a failed forecast, not a complete rewrite of the weather. wow. looming wall of death, limb rain ... Old creatures awakening to kill? that sounds really, really awful. I had no idea I cast a spell of that magnitude." Dominic halts CenTreepede and climbs down, patting his faithful wooden mount on the side. "We'll get you fixed up, never fear." Dominic looks again at himself, a bit shell shocked. "We'll get me fixed up too, I hope."

Dominic casts Summon a Pair of Normal Dice. He then pulls up a fistful of grass and flings it in the air. He then pulls another fistfull of grass and drops it, casting Reattach Grass.
2. Six crackling sparks of light dance around your head few seconds before falling down into formation ::: and disappear.

1. The grass you pulled out straightens into small green sharp spears and fly into your numb arm, sticking themselves deep into your flesh. They settle too deep in and start sprouting more blades of grass out of your skin. You attempt to pull them out, but it feels like trying to tear your skin off. Which doesn't feel anything at all, because your arm is still numb. But it is starting to wake up slowly. The arm is tingling.

You are too busy to notice floating chunk of land stopping high above you.

Spoiler: Coolrune206 - Alan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: CenTreepede (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Laudata (click to show/hide)
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: June 16, 2016, 03:16:15 pm »

Soleus inner self says :
"What the heck."

But on the surface, he only says to Samuel and Arken :
<"I found the Wild Mage. His situation seems chaotic." >

Going outside, Soleus said to the first servant he saw :
"Get a white sheet and wave it at the strange sod down there. We must get his attention."

Lower the Island, still following him, and make someone wave a makeshift white flag in an attempt to get noticed by him.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: June 16, 2016, 04:52:53 pm »

Alan mutters crankily a bit, before casting another spell.

"Errr.... Slightly biggify wings?"
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: June 16, 2016, 04:55:28 pm »

<Soleus:Do you need backup?>

<Fortress:I think you can probably put the doors back now.>
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: June 16, 2016, 05:22:06 pm »

"Hm? Oh, sorry Soleus. My task is going all right, although I don't think my staff is going to cut it."

"And I can be there in just a sec if you need a hand. Teleporting house, you see."

"... wait, what!? Did you just say you're an order mage?"

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: June 16, 2016, 08:53:17 pm »

"Well, that's to be expected by now. it beats five hundred papercuts, at least so far. I bet I'll hurt in a minute though. I wonder ... has anyone suffered as much for my magic as I have? I'd cast a spell to find out, but i am sure that all it would do is replicate everyone else' suffering in me, and i seem to recall making a horrible bodily curse for some thieves a while back. Oh, and that green man who got melded into my stuff when I teleported home. Yeah, this next spell is going to hurt, but perhaps, if I survive it ... things might be looking up." He says, ironically not looking up himself at all.

Dominic picks up a very small pebble, throws it two feet in front of him, and casts Return Pebble To The Position It Was In Before I Tossed It Just Now.

((Not intentionally ignoring the people overhead, just ... keepin on keepin on. Poor Dominic has had a rough week.))
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 02:31:59 pm by Ozarck »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: June 16, 2016, 08:59:19 pm »

<"Not yet, all the magic retribution manifested in self-targeted curses. I see no hostiles around."
>

"Hm? Oh, sorry Soleus. My task is going all right, although I don't think my staff is going to cut it."

"And I can be there in just a sec if you need a hand. Teleporting house, you see."

"... wait, what!? Did you just say you're an order mage?"
<"I will call if help is needed. And yes, I am now an Order Mage. Wild Magic is out of reach to me." >

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: June 17, 2016, 09:19:43 am »

Keep earth-shaping the bridge, and temporarily increase my staff's scale with an actual spell.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: June 17, 2016, 03:44:51 pm »

Soleus inner self says :
"What the heck."

But on the surface, he only says to Samuel and Arken :
<"I found the Wild Mage. His situation seems chaotic." >

Going outside, Soleus said to the first servant he saw :
"Get a white sheet and wave it at the strange sod down there. We must get his attention."

Lower the Island, still following him, and make someone wave a makeshift white flag in an attempt to get noticed by him.
"Yes, sir!" It's Marie who responds. Others are not terribly enthusiastic. She soon returns with a white shirt tied on a broom.

The mage isn't going anywhere apparently, which suits you just fine. Less time spent on chasing him. You lower the island very low casting a shadow over him that's impossible to not notice. He does, and he seems to be having a bad time, because his clothes are tattered, he's covered in dried blood and one arm is bleeding very badly. Magic is really trying its damnest to collect this one.

Alan mutters crankily a bit, before casting another spell.

"Errr.... Slightly biggify wings?"
3. The wings, or bones reather, grow by few centimeters. Not enough to make any meaningful difference, they where quite small to begin with.  At least skin creeps over the bones and vestigial muscles connect the bones properly to rest of its body. A little bit better, but nothing to write home about.

<Fortress:I think you can probably put the doors back now.>
<Okay. By the way, since I can now actually move, should we go somewhere? I'm not fast, I can reach only brisk jogging speed, but considering I couldn't previously move at all this is great improvement.>

"Well, that's to be expected by now. it beats five hundred papercuts, at least so far. I bet I'll hurt in a minute though. I wonder ... has anyone suffered as much for my magic as I have? I'd cast a spell to find out, but i am sure that all it would do is replicate everyone else' suffering in me, and i seem to recall making a horrible bodily curse for some thieves a while back. Oh, and that green man who got melded into my stuff when I teleported home. Yeah, this next spell is going to hurt, but perhaps, if I survive it ... things might be looking up." He says, ironically not looking up himself at all.

Dominic picks up a very small pebble, throws it two feet in front of him, and casts Return Pebble To The Position It Was In Before I Tossed It Just Now.

((Not intentionally ignoring the people overhead, just ... keepin on keepin on. Poor Dominic has had a rough week.))
And it keeps getting worse.

1. Your numb arm suddenly jerks forward with great strength. Whereas your bones stops it leaving your body entirely, the part of skin and flesh where grass is growing keeps going, tearing flesh and skin apart. Looking at the gaping and profusely bleeding hole on your arm you find yourself glad your arm is so senseless. Well, not so senseless anymore. Tingling is turning into aching, it isn't not bad yet, but it gives taste of what is coming.

The hole in your arm is about size of your palm, almost down to bone.

And on top of that a big shadow glooms over you and CenTreepede, though his burning back end provides some light in the situation. Looking up you see few hundred tons worth of packed soil hovering above you. Or mostly above CenTreepede, you are under its outer edge. This is something of conundrum; On one hand your arm is bleeding pretty badly, enough kill you way sooner than you would like to, but on the another there's that floating chunk of earth that will kill you if it falls down. Considering it hasn't done so yet means there's a mage involved. And nothing good comes from mage confronting another in such flamboyant manner.

Oh, they are waving something white up there. Already surrendering? Gotta be a ploy. Or they are in even worse situation that you are and they are going to beg for help. Oh crap, you didn't need this, not now!

Keep earth-shaping the bridge, and temporarily increase my staff's scale with an actual spell.
[2+2]. 4. A long series of massive stone spikes erupts from ocean in straight line accompanied with an earthquake string enough to felt any nearby cities. Most likely no one will suspect cause being a mage in work, but if someone in tall lighthouse is looking and visibility is just good enough they might see your handiwork.

The spikes smooth themselves over into flawless extension of the bridge. It's now considerably longer, but there's still long way to go. It seems to be going fairly well, so you feel confident you could repeat the process in rapid pace, though a glance on that next 1 makes you sigh.

Spoiler: Coolrune206 - Alan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: CenTreepede (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Laudata (click to show/hide)
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: June 17, 2016, 03:47:29 pm »

<Well, where should we go?  I'm looking for more Dice of Order if you can locate any.>
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: June 17, 2016, 04:09:33 pm »

"... Yeah, I'm done with you."

Alan looks disappointed. He once again twirls his hands around and points at the crocodile.

"Miniaturize dragon!"
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 04:33:42 pm by Coolrune206 »
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: June 17, 2016, 04:22:16 pm »

"I was at a party of sorts and basically reccomended someone come over to get help from you....I think we probably shouldn't go outside I don't like the sound of what's happening out there.
((Sorry for my absence))
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: June 17, 2016, 11:48:33 pm »

Dominic waves back, then clutches his arm, all while stepping back slowly and calling out to CenTreepede to come over.

"A four. Thank whoever or whatever. After all these rolls. All these cuts, all these hateful appliances, with only CenTreepede at my side, and him partially burnt.. Come on CenTreepede! out from under the floating boulder of death. Come here and prepare to run."

Dominic Casts Heal Self.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: June 18, 2016, 02:27:18 pm »

Summon some clothes that are actually intact.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: June 18, 2016, 06:06:13 pm »

Soleus waves back, and proceeds to lower the island and meets the poor fellow.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 55