Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 55

Author Topic: Wild Mages: Dominic, The Naked Mage  (Read 79252 times)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wild Mages: Dominic, The Summoner of Self Hatred
« Reply #720 on: June 29, 2016, 05:01:46 pm »

< "I thought about doing that too, but after much thinking, it may not be a good idea. What if I am still linked to the dices, and something were to happen to me if I relinquished them ? I have only 7 dices left, and they aren't incredible. If we could confirm giving them is safe for me, I would have no claim giving them to you." >

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: June 29, 2016, 06:37:41 pm »

<I've but seven left.>
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: July 01, 2016, 02:14:44 pm »

Alan stops and turns around. He needed another distraction; or at least something to keep the other peasants from getting to the clinic before he could. He would have to wait a while outside anyways to fix his legs. So therefore...

He points at the road inbetween the clinic and the area of the fiery inferno, and casts a spell.

"Summon sentient and hostile stone wall!"
2. Faces of screaming people appears on the wall you are leaning on. Disturbingly realistic faces. Hundred tortured faces depicting equal number of different pains.

"Oh dear.  Sorry!  Um, hold on..."

Change the tetrahedra to show 3 twice, then summon her something modest.

Magical as in 'has the inherent ability to do acts that magic could normally procure'.  Like, telekinesis and teleportation and conjuration and stuff.

Also, shapeshift the extra thumbs away.

That's effectively a wild mage. Otherwise you have to apply each ability individually.

2. Each of them splits into four smaller tetrahedrons.

3. Three of the new tertrahedrons has number 3 inscribed on all sides.

6. The set of clothing you summon on her is modest, sure. It protects her diginity well enough, but that's the only modest part. Rest of the dress is rather flashy. It's purple and light blue, depicting branching lightning pattern. The pattern is animated and constantly changing its shape. Free-floating pieces of blue silk clothing behind her are in loosely dragonic wing like formation, thowing small sparks at each other, but very soon after materializing they start floating around surrounding her, and in the process repeatedly pepper you with electic jolts strong enough to make you involuntarily twitch and jump away from her.

She studies her new dress and its properties a minute, and finds out the electrified silk barrier is perfectly willing to zap her too if she reaches too far.

"Nice, but this lightning barrier is entirely unnecessary. An unrequested assistance from magic, isn't it?"

Before you can answer, another Die of Order shatters in your pocket.

"That didn't sound good. What was it?"

Dominic mops along, whistling a happy tune about poop or something similar. He gather's teh soiled clothes left behind and attempts to clean them as well - the old fashioned way: plunge and scrup, plunge and scrub, plunge and scrub. If anyone has any soap and offers it, he uses that as well.

"Soleus! I believe I am using too much of your water. I am sorry. We may want to stop along the way at a well or something."
It's great how human senses get accustomed on everything over time; you don't even notice the smell by the time you finish your cleanup duties. Cleaning clothes however is harder than you remember it being, especially without soap. Shit is just diluted and smeared over larger areas. It is unfortunately the sticky variant...

Soleus initially doesn't even listen to Noel, too focused with the curious seed. He nods silently, assessing the power and meanings of this seed.

Partially lost in his thoughts, he raised his hand toward Noel to signify her to wait. He was thinking about the Seed, his goals, and his new quest. Theories were blooming in his mind, hypothesis of dark times...
(From what I experienced, Wild Magic seems closely linked to Souls.
Souls. We can assume that they are a fuel or a restraint, or both.

The Order Node mentioned the Chaos Entity, which I presume is locked by the Souls.

The green being that spoke to me before I became a Wild Mage was probably a projection of said Entity, seeing it wanted me to destroy what was making me unable to remember: Order.
Dominic, this Wild Mage. He was tasked to plant these seeds around the countries, it will presumably weaken the seal and power of Magic.
I assume this mean the Entity is using Wild Mages to free itself.

Wild Magic is still unclear to me. Is it a by-product of the Entity ? A system used to seal said Entity ? Or a by-product of the seal ?

Moving on to the Dices of Order. They seem to represent the degree of control Order has over Chaos.
The more Dices disappear, the more the restraints are weakening. Judging from my Dice count, time is running short.)

Finally after a long moment of silence, Soleus spoke to Noel.
"Yes, I am an idiot. An idiot that try to solve something. Order won't restore itself, and if we don't do something, you can be sure the destruction of the world will come knocking."

He added before leaving.
"Don't get me mistaken. By no mean I believe myself strong and smart enough to correct a fundamental system set by Order. But maybe Order can, and that is what I am aiming for as a Mage of Order. And we must hurry."

Shield Array Activated. Nothing should get into the Field. Maximum speed toward our destination.

Afterward, Soleus communicated Samuel and Arken :
< "Samuel. Arken. We have known each other for a long time. I have a question to you both : were you visited by an entity who asked you to fulfill a strange quest ? What asked, and what was asked to you ? I believe we may be tricked." >
Shield array will now block everything. Not even a breeze of wind will be felt within. Goal will be reached by end of next turn.

"Mother I found it!"
pick it back up and find her.
You find her in the cellar looking at a book and casting a spell. Your words come too late. Her blonde hair turns pure white, no, pure light. She turns to look at you frowning, and you notice her eyes too are now pure light, shining bright and banishing shadows from the room as well as creating new, even darker ones.

"Well, I had to spend that bad result anyway. Give it." She reaches her hand at you, stops to look it closer for a moment and asks: "Is everything gray or is it only me?"

Earth-shape the bride into little pieces. If it still seems to be growing, earth-shape them into little clumps where the enchantment will form harmless spires or something.
[2+2] First five kilometers of the bridge breaks, making it more of jumping puzzle than a bridge. Far edge of the bridge is too far for you to see if it still grows, but considering how the broken section is repairing itself and growing new branching bridges aimlessly means it probably does. Like a cancer.

[1+2] The second attempt merely breaks few newly formed side paths. Uselessly, as you might add. The broken parts regenerate and spawn even more branching bridges, now more of them going above previous ones. Elegant, beautifully decorated bridges, suitable for aristocrat's gardens. Simple, bridges. Big heavy duty bridges, for frequently flooding rivers.

Spoiler: Coolrune206 - Alan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: CenTreepede (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Laudata (click to show/hide)
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: July 01, 2016, 05:51:54 pm »

"....No mother should I just try to  change you back with a 6 who knows maybe you'll look better then before?"
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: July 01, 2016, 05:57:13 pm »

"Magic.

Also, a Dice of Order breaking.  I am not sure why it's doing that...

And all I have are twos.  Gah."

Uhh, I guess she can be a Wild Mage?

"Hold on, let's see if you get different numbers.  Actually, let's see if I can do this right..."

<Soleus.  Just lost another one.>

Integrate the wings with the armor and amplify the pattern.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 07:18:20 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: July 01, 2016, 09:22:17 pm »

Poop's really hard to get out of clothes without soap. anyone got any lye? Or fire. we could just burn these things. Maybe get some new clothes somewhere?

Dump the poo water over the edge of the island and wipe my hands in the grass. Then go and gather the bits of the statue and hang out with CenTreepede and the crapsack while we wait to arrive.

"Also, I'm gonna need that seed back, Soleus!"

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: July 01, 2016, 09:35:39 pm »

Alan has a sudden though.

If he transforms himself into a totally new creature, he can both heal his injuries, and cure himself of his peculiar feet.

He cackles maniacally, then wiggles his fingers.

"Transform self into massive dragon, maintaining all intelligence and humanity, or lack thereof."
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: July 01, 2016, 09:57:00 pm »

"Now, I know you were talking to Soleus, but it might be time to go and grab more dice. Or put some more effort towards fixing the bonds. That's definitely something we should do in the next bit."

Remove the bridge enchantment the normal-magic way. Waste of a perfectly good five, but whatever.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: July 02, 2016, 12:52:40 am »

<We should indeed.>
Sigtext

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: July 02, 2016, 01:52:07 am »

"I'll teleport to one of you right after I'm done with this. Whoever works, really."

"In the meantime, does anyone have any hints about what might be weakening the bonds in the first place? We're going to have to get to the root cause of the problem if we want to have any hope of stopping it."

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: July 02, 2016, 04:06:01 pm »

"....No mother should I just try to  change you back with a 6 who knows maybe you'll look better then before?"
"Are you saying I am ugly? Do I need to wash your mouth with soap again? Let me roll your Dice first, maybe I got five or four next... Using six without checking alternatives first is a little reckless."

I assume you give your mom's Die back and lend her rest of your Dice for a moment. They originally belonged to her after all. She rolls the Dice and gets this line up: 1, 6, 5, 5, 1, 2, 3, 2 and 6. Wait no, you looking it from wrong direction.

"Hmh, I have six too. If you want to spend yours first, I don't mind. Just remember first to think carefully the possible ways your spell can go horribly right before you use it."

Something horrible happens on outside. A dread feeling shakes your bones. You are not only one who feels it, your mother does too.

"Magic.

Also, a Dice of Order breaking.  I am not sure why it's doing that...

And all I have are twos.  Gah."

Uhh, I guess she can be a Wild Mage?

"Hold on, let's see if you get different numbers.  Actually, let's see if I can do this right..."

Integrate the wings with the armor and amplify the pattern.
"Dice of Order? What are..." she asks, before her face lits up with recognition "Oh, those. I forgot they actually exist. But those don't break, so yours must be fakes."

2. Armor? What armor? Don't you mean her dress? I assume you do. The "wings", or rather a bunch of cloth scraps, are floating around her in definitely non-wing like pattern. The spell adds cool embroideries on the scraps instead.

2. The lightning pattern remains as it is, and is now accompanied by animated shadows of dragons flying in between lightning strikes.

"I don't think you got it right. Sorry. I have not introduced myself yet. My name is Tlaco. What's yours?"

Poop's really hard to get out of clothes without soap. anyone got any lye? Or fire. we could just burn these things. Maybe get some new clothes somewhere?

Dump the poo water over the edge of the island and wipe my hands in the grass. Then go and gather the bits of the statue and hang out with CenTreepede and the crapsack while we wait to arrive.

"Also, I'm gonna need that seed back, Soleus!"
You do that. The island arrives to capital of Arkea, but remains near clouds to avoid detection.

Alan has a sudden though.

If he transforms himself into a totally new creature, he can both heal his injuries, and cure himself of his peculiar feet.

He cackles maniacally, then wiggles his fingers.

"Transform self into massive dragon, maintaining all intelligence and humanity, or lack thereof."
Another dragon lover.

5. For a moment you lose your sense of self as your body reforms. You open your eyes somewhere else in your normal human form. You are on a ruined boat on its last journey. It's swirling down on a immensily huge whirlpool. There's one "person" with you on the boat. A humanoid shark, its terrifyingly muscular pecs on your eye level.

It pulls a smoking cigar our of its teethy mouth and greets you. "Jolly tidin's, Alan. How be ye doin'? Be ye up fer some business?"

"Now, I know you were talking to Soleus, but it might be time to go and grab more dice. Or put some more effort towards fixing the bonds. That's definitely something we should do in the next bit."

Remove the bridge enchantment the normal-magic way. Waste of a perfectly good five, but whatever.
5. Magic readily strips away self construcing enchantment from the bridge and even quells the waves generated by it.

The water banshee returns and tries to hold your arm but stops herself before draining water out of your body. She fidgets near you restlessly.

Spoiler: Coolrune206 - Alan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: CenTreepede (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Laudata (click to show/hide)
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: July 02, 2016, 06:17:14 pm »

Confused, Alan begins asking questions rapidly, leaving no opportunity for the shark to respond.

"Who are you. Where am I. Are you a shark. Are we on a boat. Is this boat going into a whirlpool. Are we going to die.

One second...

Boat-doken!
"

With a flourish of his hands, Alan casts a hadoken aimed towards the center of the whirlpool in an attempt to push the boat out.

((If you have never seen boat-doken, look it up. Read all of 8 bit theatre while you're at it. You won't regret it.))
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: July 03, 2016, 04:22:30 am »

Soooooooleeeeuuuuuuuuuuuussssss. We're here. Let me down would ya? Hopefully in a less painful manner than how we got up. Also, gonna need that seed, mkay?

Dom attempts to retrieve the seed and get the island lowered, perhaps at a bit of a distance from the capital, to someplace hilly or with cliffs or something so CenTreepede can more easily dismount.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: July 03, 2016, 12:32:42 pm »

"My name's Arken Frost.  Nice to meet you, Tlaco.

...I didn't think they broke either but here we are and they have been.

Do you want to try, then?"

Pass her a single dice.
Sigtext

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: July 03, 2016, 12:39:33 pm »

"Seriously, though, is there anyone who has a vague hint of where to start and/or is going to begin right now? I'll do it myself if I have to, but this is literally apocalypse-level stuff. Wild mage or not, I have a feeling we'll need more manpower."
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 55