Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 55

Author Topic: Wild Mages: Dominic, The Naked Mage  (Read 78316 times)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Wild Mages
« Reply #75 on: April 09, 2016, 03:05:07 pm »

His face takes on a understanding look and in a friendly tone.
No problem I understand I hope you have safe travels it's Michaelis,Cameron Michaelis but yeah have a nice day madam thank's for not trying to kill me.
Let's head to the coastal city always wanted to see the occean.
"Likewise." she responds to your last line. They head to the capital and you turn towards ocean.

((It's three day trip by foot over there and I try to keep you all in somewhat same time so this will be long trip. Might as well try to get rid of those one's in your queue.))

[3] Traffic on the road is somewhat high. You get shoved to side more than once to make room for nobles' carriages that don't really need that much of space.

((I must say it's performing rather poorly as a prison. Escape rate has gone through ceiling.))
((I hope my ceiling is okay though.))

(We are safe, for now... If only TEC was still here, he could protect Anna. I hope this poor golem is alright.)

"Anna. It looks like we are safe, but not for long I believe. We don't have much time, so I would like you to listen to my questions and answer them with honesty."

"What do you think of Wild Magic ? And what do you think about yourself and your free will, considering your magical origins ?"

Soleus feels like filth for asking those questions. He is the one who asked magic to create Anna, none of this is her fault. But he must be sure of Anna's free will and link with Wild Magic.

A terrible feeling grips his heart. What he is going to do may be one of the most cruel things he ever did in his life.

He hands the Eye to Anna and says :
"Take this. After you will have answered to my strange questions, I would like you to look through the Eye and look at your own body. And whatever may happen, know that I will always try to strive for your wellbeing. I made this promise the second you were born."

((That you have to go and see by yourself.))

"Anna. It looks like we are safe, but not for long I believe. We don't have much time, so I would like you to listen to my questions and answer them with honesty."
Anna nods understandingly.
"What do you think of Wild Magic? And what do you think about yourself and your free will, considering your magical origins?"
She stops to think about this. "Wild magic is what it is. Wild and uncontrollable. But it gave me life through your command, and for that I am grateful. I can see it won't hesitate to take it back and that makes me wary."
"I think I'm good for you as you made me into what I am, but I still worry if I'm truly good enough. What I can do for you is limited, more so than I like. In beginning I thought I knew everything I needed to take care of you, but our current situation has proved otherwise."
"My free will is my free will. It is constrained by my love for you, as is yours limited by your desires, and that is completely fine by me."

Anna takes the Eye and first look at you through it, then follows invisible line to the sky where your house floats before finally following your instructions and looks herself. What she sees doesn't cause that much reaction as you feared. Sad smile creeps on her face as she makes single remark of understanding. "Ah... I see."

"Ah, this is just too much. I have such orange juice so close, and this straw is being stubborn. Well, at least my pants look nice. I suppose I will summon a cup after all."

I examine my pants with fondness, and then pull them on again. I strut around in them for a bit, eath anothe sausage and other roll, and then cast Summon Drinking Cup.
Your favourite pants. Durable and a bit coarse travel pants. And now with impressive appearance of scale mail. You give yourself thumbs up for a job well done. With your hunger satiated you move to do more magic.

6. What you end up summoning is a bejeweled goblet of solid gold. It's on heavy enough that you wouldn't want to hold it for more than a minute at time. That should fetch you big money or swift trip to prison if anybody assumes you stole it.

Summon a staff for various stoneshaping and magical crafts purposes.

"Sorry...I was not aware that you didn't like spiders.  I would have summoned something else had I known."
((Artifacts with such wide range of functions take more 5's to upgrade.))
5. A staff appears in your hands. It's made of wood and its top takes form of two interlocked granite cogs.

"My lord doesn't need to trouble himself with it. It's all my fault because I didn't inform you in first place."

The pouch where you keep your Dice of Order shakes violently and makes horrible noise resembling shattering glass, snapping iron wire and air torn in half. When you check it out you find you have only nine dice left and a bit of clear dust.

Use a spell to make a magical prison for the plant, then try and heal myself twice. Earth-shape some crutches if I can't really walk.
4. A tightly woven iron cage appears around the plant and fire dances in the small openings. The plant keeps growing until it has filled all space it can within its cage. Feeling safe you order your statue lower you onto ground where you grimace as pain flares in your arm.

3. Pain recedes and you give the arm experiment swing. It goes pretty well until you rise your hand above shoulder level. Above that point pain comes back forcing you drop the arm down immediately.

2. Another tattoo of dagger appears under your left eye.

Your boulder sentinel hurries to the scene and observes the plant in its cage for a minute before returning back to its patrol.

Spoiler: crazyabe - ?? (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Town (click to show/hide)
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 09, 2016, 03:19:37 pm »

((Can I do multiple rolls in a turn?))
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 09, 2016, 03:42:49 pm »

...Attempt to magic Laudata to be more subordinate.

((If there are going to be problems with an action can you inform people first?))
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 03:48:44 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 09, 2016, 03:45:01 pm »

Make orange juice
Make a fancy looking croissant.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 09, 2016, 03:46:17 pm »

((Can I do multiple rolls in a turn?))
Yes, if you are not pressed for time or results of your previous rolls don't require immediate change in plans.

Well we've got a crafting staff...

Can I reforge a Dice of Order from the remnants?

No.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 09, 2016, 04:10:12 pm »

((This is my main goal after surviving :D))

"Anna... I'm deeply sorry for showing you this. But I didn't want to hide any secret from you, and now I know I made the right choice."

Soleus feels like tearing up. His voice becomes increasingly shaken.

"You are so very wise, you are the best thing magic brought in my life, I don't want to lose you."

That being said and after a tearful embrace, Soleus get a grip of himself and ponder on what to do next.

"I would like us to go back to our house, but the present situation doesn't allow it..." he says showing the Dice of Order.

"If we want to survive, I will have to pass this ordeal. But not now, I still don't feel safe so close from this place of destruction..."

Head out further past the river, to a greener place. If we are to find a seemingly safe spot, we will stop there.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2016, 12:48:46 am by Nakéen »

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 09, 2016, 04:35:54 pm »

Cast a spell to return my body to normal. As in, no wounds, wacky tattoos, or feathered eyebrows. Then magically return my house to the state it was in before whatever enemy was just inside it came along.

Finally, use a spell to determine what might break Dice of Order.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 09, 2016, 09:39:34 pm »

"oh ho! This is trouble. Heavy, expensive, and nearly unusable. Well, well, well. Wild magic sre is that indeed. And if this is what a six does, I worry what a one will do."

I attempt to scoop a bit of orange juice with my very heavy goblet, and then drink it. after this, I will place the goblet in the middle of the bone throne. Satisfied (or not, depending on how that action resolves) I steel myself to cast a failure. I cast ... Embellish Barrel: Add Goblet Holder!

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 09, 2016, 10:09:52 pm »

I cast 'Summon small Hospital inhabited by helpful and Hot Nurses' and hop I don't Summon an Orkish Healer's Tent Shudder.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 10, 2016, 01:12:50 pm »

...Attempt to magic Laudata to be more subordinate.

((If there are going to be problems with an action can you inform people first?))
((Sure, unless Hilarity Ensues.))

Laudata has been so far quite obedient if not counting the whole "my lord" case, but there's always room for improvement, right?
2. Except when there isn't. "My lord", you hear whisper from left. You turn to look and see nobody. "My lord", now it comes from behind and again you see nobody. The whispers continue from random directions but there's never anyone.
"My lord, is something wrong?" asks Laudata.

Make orange juice
Make a fancy looking croissant.

1. A little creature size of big man's fist appears. It's four legged little monster, much like a hamster, but completely drenched in some liquid. It hisses at you at runs up your leg.
[5] You easily avoid it and give it a good kick, sending it flying into river. That's one problem dealt with.

1. A brown mask appears, featuring very impressive black moustache. You pick it up and shove it into your backpack for later inspection because two horse carts come from opposite directions. Despite the road being wide enough for them to pass each other without trouble, neither of drivers makes any attempt to do so. As such they end up face to face. Horses sniff each others and make horse greetings, but drivers both start yelling to other one to get out of the way. It doesn't take long for them to get off and start a fist fight.

Your Dice pouch shakes and makes horrible sounds, thankfully not loud enough to be heard by fighting drivers.

((This is my main goal after surviving :D))

"Anna... I'm deeply sorry for showing you this. But I didn't want to hide any secret from you, and now I know I made the right choice."

Soleus feels like tearing up. His voice becomes increasingly shaken.

"You are so very wise, you are the best thing magic brought in my life, I don't want to lose you."

That being said and after a tearful embrace, Soleus get a grip of himself and ponder on what to do next.

"I would like us to go back to our house, but the present situation doesn't allow it..." he says showing the Dice of Order.

"If we want to survive, I will have to pass this ordeal. But not now, I still don't feel safe so close from this place of destruction..."

Head out further past the river, to a greener place. If we are to find a seemingly safe spot, we will stop there.
"Sweetie, you don't need to worry so much. I trust my life in your hands without second thought and stand behind your decisions, whatever they may be. I know you mean well, even if it doesn't always end up so." Anna says and responds to your embrace with a kiss.

Far behind you multiple different inhuman roars join into the ruckus drowing voices of humans. Monsters fighting, no doubt. It's good you aren't there, and you wish peace on those poor souls who had to remain behind. Holding Anna's hand you turn and run into forest.

[5] You keep going a while until you arrive into a dale filled with old deciduous trees. Some of them a bearing fruits you have never seen before and berries are a plenty. Few small brooks meet in middle forming shallow pond of crystal clear water. The whole place is radiating peace and calmness. You don't remember ever seeing or hearing about about place like this before.

Cast a spell to return my body to normal. As in, no wounds, wacky tattoos, or feathered eyebrows. Then magically return my house to the state it was in before whatever enemy was just inside it came along.

Finally, use a spell to determine what might break Dice of Order.

4. Full body restoration works fine, restoring your body into its natural state. You find out that lack of pain is very pleasant state.

4. Stuff that was thrown outside floats gently back inside into their usual places, though you are notified that something is missing.

((I smell metagaming.))
Your next spell just fizzles. It completely confuses magic. It doesn't have slightest idea what you mean. Perhaps as a response your Dice pouch bounces violently and makes sounds unpleasant enough to make you cover your ears. When you hastily pour its content on nearest flat surface you find out one Die of Order is missing and some clear dust has appeared inside the pouch. It doesn't take genius to figure out that Die was broken, which is completely unheard of. These things have been around since beginning of the world.

"oh ho! This is trouble. Heavy, expensive, and nearly unusable. Well, well, well. Wild magic sre is that indeed. And if this is what a six does, I worry what a one will do."

I attempt to scoop a bit of orange juice with my very heavy goblet, and then drink it. after this, I will place the goblet in the middle of the bone throne. Satisfied (or not, depending on how that action resolves) I steel myself to cast a failure. I cast ... Embellish Barrel: Add Goblet Holder!
((I'm not gonna roll for something so mundane as filling goblet with juice, even if the goblet is heavy one and barrel rather high. Assume automatic success here.))
1. The barrel grows number of stumpy wooden legs and pair of big muscular arms.
[6] It charges at you far faster than it should be able to. This leads your dodge being very hasty and you end up on your arse by the animated grave stone. The barrel charges at you again.

I cast 'Summon small Hospital inhabited by helpful and Hot Nurses' and hop I don't Summon an Orkish Healer's Tent Shudder.
Autofail.
Absolutely nothing happens. Magic isn't listening you, it isn't here at all. You feel complete lack of magical connection. It's like you were a normal non-magical human.

You turn to inspect what you tripped on. It's a sharp piece of black stone sticking out of ground and it's covered by faintly glowing network of very fine inscriptions and runes.

Behind the hill monstrous voices roar over screams of human suffering. It's as if your chaos entities of assistance are fighting something.

Old sigs.
Games.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 10, 2016, 01:14:28 pm »

Uargh, undo.

Uh, hope crazyabe's dice fall out of the skylight so I can claim them?

"Messed something up."
« Last Edit: April 10, 2016, 01:28:51 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 10, 2016, 01:16:59 pm »

Throw the mustache mask at them and use dah magics to teleport to the coastal city make it flashy.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 10, 2016, 01:26:43 pm »

I Pull out my set of Dice and Throw them on the Ground to See if they are Working right, if they are I Throw them away in disgust then wander out looking For a way to die... For what is life without magic?
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 10, 2016, 02:45:03 pm »

So... shoot. Try and think on ways I could get a replacement?

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 11, 2016, 01:54:49 pm »

Uargh, undo.

Uh, hope crazyabe's dice fall out of the skylight so I can claim them?

"Messed something up."
2. Voices only change into "Commander", "General" and "Your majesty".

First spider golems start trickling back one by one.

Dice do not have habit of teleporting hundreds of kilometers, so totally not gonna happen.

Throw the mustache mask at them and use dah magics to teleport to the coastal city make it flashy.
[6] Nice throw, right on head. That's proper way to dispose artifacts! Just dump them on someone else!

4. Lighting strikes at your location right after you are moved to top of very tall tower. Without your knowledge, the same lighting hit the position where you appeared a moment later, making it look like you rode lightning. People are clearly impressed, so much that they all make as much space for you as possible. Lots of space. Like the entire market place. Can't really blame them. When mage arrives it usually leads to bloodbath and chaos. Either by mage or number of people trying to kill the mage.
As stated, you are on a market place that would be rather busy without your flashy arrival. Large number of stalls sit on cobblestone floor, each loaded with more or less high quality products. Fruits and berries, fresh bread, fine clothes, jewelry, household equipment...  Lots of goods from all around the world. The plaza is surrounded by sturdy brick buildings, some probably administrative if decorations are of any indication. Sun shines brightly here and air smells like... well, that's probably what they call smell of ocean.

I Pull out my set of Dice and Throw them on the Ground to See if they are Working right, if they are I Throw them away in disgust then wander out looking For a way to die... For what is life without magic?
They roll into neat line and the series of numbers is partially familiar at least. They seem to be working just fine.

[5] What's life without magic? Probably boring, beating ground with shovel and trying to grow food like these peasants did. Most likely you would have to pay taxes and feed other freeloaders. Without access to handy artifacts and hygiene spells it's gonna most likely to be dirty and disease-ridden. Well, those peasants promised to kill you, right? Surely they won't eat their words? And if nothing else, you can order your Chaos entities to finish you off, considering they seem to have finished their previous fight just now. Surely they will be happy to assist.

"Somebody kill me! I can't live without magic!" You yell out. "Gladly! Just wait a moment!" Comes enthusiastic response a moment later.

Just to be sure, you are doing suicide here for real?

So... shoot. Try and think on ways I could get a replacement?
[4] Same way you got them? Hit the books, read about particularly succesfull mages, where they died and where they were buried. Learn about people who killed them or robbed their graves, and track them down. Or find other mages who could possibly posess Dice and are less prepared for magical duel than you.

Old sigs.
Games.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 55