Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55

Author Topic: Wild Mages: Dominic, The Naked Mage  (Read 79366 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Wild Mages: Dominic, The Summoner of Self Hatred
« Reply #780 on: July 19, 2016, 06:34:21 pm »

((*looks at Ozarck's queue*

No.))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: July 19, 2016, 06:50:43 pm »

((*looks at Ozarck's queue*

No.))
Well, I feared this situation when I cast heal with a six. I didn't take it for a resurrect spell, but what I really expected was for CenTreepede to retunr to tree form. Which would have made ol Dominic rather sad.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: July 19, 2016, 07:03:03 pm »

((Take a guess what you actually have.))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: July 19, 2016, 07:53:29 pm »

((Take a guess what you actually have.))
((I looked. But I am not changing the action.))

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: July 20, 2016, 09:23:59 pm »

Vacation is really doing wonders for my sense of time... And where are others?
Indeed. Ugh. It has been, what, 2 weeks since I passed by ?

So.

Oblivious to the other mages doings, Soleus attempts to connect the Eye to the map, hoping to detect any Wild Magic disturbance.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: July 20, 2016, 09:53:47 pm »

((Back, I guess? I have no idea what's going on, and I have very few ideas as to what to do. But whatever. I'll figure it out.))

Summon something. Literally anything.

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
  • Most likely in the RTD section
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: July 21, 2016, 10:21:46 am »

((Back, I guess? I have no idea what's going on, and I have very few ideas as to what to do. But whatever. I'll figure it out.))

((Summon my spirit! don't have to just a suggestion))
No sig yet

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: July 21, 2016, 10:42:53 am »

((Summon my spirit! don't have to just a suggestion))
Summon Dominic's mage opponent. he's getting on Dominic's nerves.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Wild Mages: Dominic, The Naked Mage
« Reply #788 on: July 23, 2016, 01:43:00 pm »

"Hello, General."
"My Lord. I may have completely ruined our changes to persuade this village joining us. It appears my strategic ability doesn't extend to diplomatic relations. They... don't operate like soldiers would. Please accept my apologies."

She speaks loud enough to be heard by people hiding in their homes.

((I don't know what die is next in line. I think it is a six, but I am not going t o look. this will be more fun this way))

Dominic casts Go Find Another Set of Dice For Yourself Ya Ingrate! At his new friend.

"Crapsack! a little help?"

((I never get tired of crapsack and CenTreepede.))
Crapsack spits out some rock solid chunks of brown matter. The revived mage somehow dodges the projectiles, which then proceed make contact with your face. Hard. But not hard enought to make you forget spellcasting.

1. The bastard wants your stuff? Fine! He can have it! In fact he can have it all!

"Wait!" You shout before he can continue his assault. "I'll give them to you! You can have CenTreepede too! And the crapsack! And my house in mid southern part of Empire! It's under attack by flying seamonsters, but you can have them too! And these seeds! I relinquish everything I own to you and I will never reclaim them! Listen him now, my dear friends, you belong to him now."

CenTreepede stops and you strip remains of your shredded clothes until you are stark naked. The other mage looks little suprised my this and somewhat akwardly accepts them. You jump off of your precious friends back down to grass. "Thanks, I suppose. You are suprisingly reasonable after all." Mage says. Then he commands CenTreepede towards the capital and leaves you alone and naked in grassy hills.

Sun is setting and you assume night will be rather chilly. Well, this sucks. In single swoop you lost everything and you don't even want them back. Except you still have your quest.

Alan casts "Locate Professor Cuddles!"

Hilarity probably ensues.
1. You're not sure what happens, but no location of any kind come into mind. You file this into your mental cabinets as a standard failure. Certainly nothing bad will come of it.

On the other news, now that sky is getting darker you think you see something not starlike in far, far south east.

Vacation is really doing wonders for my sense of time... And where are others?
Indeed. Ugh. It has been, what, 2 weeks since I passed by ?

So.

Oblivious to the other mages doings, Soleus attempts to connect the Eye to the map, hoping to detect any Wild Magic disturbance.
Trying to work with things of wild magic is not easy when you cannot actually access it. Simply looking the map through the eye reveals millions threads extending into all directions, each measuring numerous states of air, detecting shapes of land and other flyers. You suppose you could go to the edge of your island, peer down and try to see where ground sensing threads are acting differently. Not a fast task, but doable and probably easiest way to archieve the goal.

Another thing you notice is that you have a new aura of wild magic you didn't have before. If fully envelopes you and constantly shoots threads of magic to somewhere northwest. And if you are looking this correctly, they are for manipulating someone's senses.

Well, recently you halted the self growing bridge, made your arm hot and summoned an artifact, Deep Window. And I think Arken Frost tried to contact you and Soleus. As for what to do, well, you could finish the bridge and claim your prize, or you could work to discern truth from lies and learn forgotten history of this world, though TheBiggerFish and Ozarck have far more IC reason to do that.

3. Broken pieces of wood, shredded cloth, and soft feathers appears in shape of bed. The bed that dissappeared from your tower yesterday.

Spoiler: Coolrune206 - Alan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Laudata (click to show/hide)
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: July 23, 2016, 02:40:44 pm »

The frustrated Alan once again attempts to locate Professor Cuddles.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: July 23, 2016, 03:00:52 pm »

Politely withdraw Laudata, keeping one soldier around as a bodyguard.  Wait patiently for them to come back out.
Sigtext

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: July 23, 2016, 03:04:54 pm »

"Huh. That did not go at all like I expected. Well, I brought it on myself, I guess. Good bye, my only friends."

Dominic will now walk, first to find a stream in which to wash himself clean, and then to find something to wear.
First, he will attempt to cast "Create Clean Pants" and "Create Comfortable, Sturdy Boots."
Failing that, he will attempt to purchase a garment in exchange for work.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: July 25, 2016, 02:30:16 pm »

The frustrated Alan once again attempts to locate Professor Cuddles.
2. You locate an eagle nearby who's challenging your air superiority.

A muffled puff is heard from the Dice pouch hanging from some bodypart of yours.

Politely withdraw Laudata, keeping one soldier around as a bodyguard.  Wait patiently for them to come back out.
Laudata bows and uses the bracelet to teleport away and the fortress does fancy spacefolding tring to bring gates close enough for soldiers to walk away. Then you wait.

After few minutes they being to signaling each other hoping you wouldn't notice (you do), and even few more they carefully start coming out, mostly men, looking each other for support and courage. Each is armed with some sort of farming implement suitable for hurting people. Scythe, hammer, pitchfork... It feels very familiar to the event a two days ago in another village. These are not as actively seeking to hurt you, but they are clearly prepared for that eventuality. No one is actually stepping forth as a spokesman. Guess it is up to you to start dialogue.

"Huh. That did not go at all like I expected. Well, I brought it on myself, I guess. Good bye, my only friends."

Dominic will now walk, first to find a stream in which to wash himself clean, and then to find something to wear.
First, he will attempt to cast "Create Clean Pants" and "Create Comfortable, Sturdy Boots."
Failing that, he will attempt to purchase a garment in exchange for work.

There was very shallow one CenTreepede ran over while you were running away from a simple hunter. Not very far away, thankfully. You reach it easily enough: turns out your ex-mount leaves easily trackable dragmarks behind.

Water is cold enough to cause major shrinkage and riverbed is filled with too smooth and slippery stones to make your bath effective and very brief. You are now clean, but wet, cold, naked and alone in foreign country. Though "naked" part is something you can do address immediately. The spell to create pants fails, instead creating small scraps of wool fabric and leather. Too small and  irregularly shaped to be used for any cloth related purposes.

Boot creation on the other hand goes nicely. A pair of knee high white leather shoes materializes for you. Examination reveals they are made of multiple parts that can be stripped off and on to create multiple configurations for various purposes. You suspect these will function equally fine on hot desert, jungle, swamp and freezing snowy mountains. Wearing them proves that they are custom made just or you, perfectly fitting. And you are pretty sure current configuration is perfect for walking on smoothly rolling hills like these.

Now purchasing garments will be a problem. The capital and closest buildings are few miles away. Naked dudes like you will probably be rejected and robbed naked (again) by poor thieves who want your shoes. And let's not forget that hunter either. He's probably happier to sell death than pants.

Spoiler: Coolrune206 - Alan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Laudata (click to show/hide)
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: July 25, 2016, 02:32:58 pm »

"I apologize.  We mean no harm whatsoever.  If you'd rather I just go, I will."
Sigtext

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: July 25, 2016, 07:12:20 pm »

Alan snorts. He'll figure this all out later. He casts "Teleport directly to Soleus Arendar."
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55