Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55

Author Topic: Wild Mages: Dominic, The Naked Mage  (Read 79313 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Wild Mages: Dominic, The Naked Mage
« Reply #795 on: July 25, 2016, 07:21:54 pm »

New Mage Title: Sad Dominic, the Naked Shod. ((Shod means wearing shoes))

"Well, magic still works, I guess. But now, it's anyone's guess as to whether i will succeed in my spells or not. huh. Kinda like it was anyway. well, I am seriously geting tired of this pulsing light, and what's the point of being able to communicate with an orange Juice Barrel, if he doesn't exist anymore?"

Dominic casts Remove All Enchantments From Myself. Provided that doesn't end up putting him in a very difficult situation, he then goes on to cast Create Comfortable, Soft Robe of Mage Armor

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: July 26, 2016, 04:49:34 am »

Soleus gazes at the new wild magic field for a moment.

"Uncanny. But not a priority as of now."

With the Command Orb in hand, Soleus gets outside. Close to the edge of the island, he moves it across the area, carefully scanning the ground with the eye, on the lookout for a place devoid of Wild Magic.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: July 27, 2016, 02:46:36 pm »

"I apologize.  We mean no harm whatsoever.  If you'd rather I just go, I will."
One older guy is somewhat shoved into front of others, so he's given responsibility of responding to overpowered maniac with flying castle.

"If we can live safely up there like kings and don't have to work for a day in rest of our lives, then we might be interested in joining. Otherwise we would be happy if you were to go."

New Mage Title: Sad Dominic, the Naked Shod. ((Shod means wearing shoes))

"Well, magic still works, I guess. But now, it's anyone's guess as to whether i will succeed in my spells or not. huh. Kinda like it was anyway. well, I am seriously geting tired of this pulsing light, and what's the point of being able to communicate with an orange Juice Barrel, if he doesn't exist anymore?"

Dominic casts Remove All Enchantments From Myself. Provided that doesn't end up putting him in a very difficult situation, he then goes on to cast Create Comfortable, Soft Robe of Mage Armor
The pulsing light disappears leaving you in ever growing darkness, and you can feel other enchantments to disappear as well. You know, maybe giving CenTreepede, crapsack, doombox and other artifacts to the guy wasn't such a good idea after all. Sure, it calmed him down and ensured your continued wellbeing, but maybe it was still a bit too much.

Attempt to summon nice robe is just that; an attempt. It produces something entirely different. Hard to see in starlight alone, but it is roughly man sized blob. It shrinks and suddenly jumps at you, but fails to grasp you nimble form. One thing you notice when it jumps by you is that your connection to magic fades almost completely away. Putting more distance between you two restores the connection, but it still remains a little hazy. Spellcasting will be difficult in its immediate vicinity.

Soleus gazes at the new wild magic field for a moment.

"Uncanny. But not a priority as of now."

With the Command Orb in hand, Soleus gets outside. Close to the edge of the island, he moves it across the area, carefully scanning the ground with the eye, on the lookout for a place devoid of Wild Magic.
Despite low light levels it doesn't take long before you notice a spot where threads of magic move in unusual manner, snapping like lightning between spots instead of sweeping over area. By naked eye you can barely see a depression in middle of wide hill. Exceptionally normal looking area that doesn't require any more attention, but you can now easily tell that is exactly what you are looking for.

As you are about to put The Eye away, you notice how the perception altering aura around you snaps into opposite direction, almost directly upwards. Moving your gaze along you find staring on underbelly of very large winged shadow. Dragon shaped darkness against stars, about size of your own house.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Priority of this event surges somewhat higher.

Alan snorts. He'll figure this all out later. He casts "Teleport directly to Soleus Arendar."
5. Finally something goes your way. Sudden shift on stars tells that you were moved good distance to southwards and maybe eastwards too. Below you is a floating chunk of soil and stone bigger than you, clearly violating your sole right to be only one this big flying around. Right on edge of the flying island you notice a person who's glowing about same low intensity light as stars on the sky. Your target.

Spoiler: Coolrune206 - Alan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Laudata (click to show/hide)
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: July 27, 2016, 04:29:51 pm »

"Eek!"

Run away! Run away!

"Why did it have to try to eat me? Why?"

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: July 27, 2016, 08:28:53 pm »

Alan grins. His mouth opens, and he begins to speak.

"Good past noon. How do you do, Soleus Arendar?"
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: July 27, 2016, 10:59:03 pm »

"Then go I shall.  Can I do anything to make up for the offense?"
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: August 01, 2016, 03:47:43 pm »

"Priority reassessed. Bring the outer forcefield up to full power."

Seeing the mighty beast, Soleus activated the shield array in a preemptive defensive measure.

With an unflinching voice, Soleus answered to the black figure :
"I am doing proper, dragon. What is your name and your deal with me ? You reek of Wild Magic, which can't be a good thing in my book."

Then he muttered to himself :
"Evaluating Quantum Probability of retrofitting Shield Matrix into a weaponized crushing field."

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: August 03, 2016, 05:11:43 am »

I'm suspecting we are now in last stage of lifecycle of my games where I wait for players to post and players wait for me to post. Doesn't bode well for future.

"Eek!"

Run away! Run away!

"Why did it have to try to eat me? Why?"
Possibly because you wanted something wearable. It might want to wear your skin or make sure you can't wear anything ever because of missing skin. Or just because.

The creature is rather straightforward with its attack pattern, which consists basically just it trying to leap on you. Considering you can sense its immediate proximity by strength of your connection to magic, it makes dodging decently doable. Changing direction on last moment you eventually manage to get enough headway for escape proper, leaving it bite dust. Quite feat, considering notable lack of light at the moment. With no moon in sight, stars are only lightsource available at the moment.

Despite of running and jumping around so wildly, you have enough sense of direction to know which way is what. So when stars start falling from the sky you can instantly tell it happens in direction of the Arkean capital.

"Then go I shall.  Can I do anything to make up for the offense?"
"Umm... not kill us afterwards?" Simple people and their simple requests. That's not really doing something as much as not doing. Fulfilling that request should be doable. You nod and use the bracer to teleport back on the fortress. The soldier can find its way on its own.

The courtyard you end up barely resembles its original form at all. Relative dimensions of outer wall and rough position of front gate deeper into fortress is about all there's left. Rest is exaggerated and embellished with white marble, statues, gold trims, lights, new buildings, grass(!) and plantings. Apparently fortress has been using its mining beam to harvest some plant matter for recreational purposes.

Laudata, flanked by her squad of monster soldiers and demon wolf golems, offers a brief report about events down there. She went down with minimal support well outside of the village, walked in calmly making sure she was seen and tried to talk people joining, but they ran hiding as soon as they saw her. All in all, her offer was reject right of the bat without giving her change to prove anything.

Fortress's bright lights maks it quite well, but it is rather late night already. Some shut eye would be in order soonish.

"Priority reassessed. Bring the outer forcefield up to full power."

Seeing the mighty beast, Soleus activated the shield array in a preemptive defensive measure.

With an unflinching voice, Soleus answered to the black figure :
"I am doing proper, dragon. What is your name and your deal with me ? You reek of Wild Magic, which can't be a good thing in my book."

Then he muttered to himself :
"Evaluating Quantum Probability of retrofitting Shield Matrix into a weaponized crushing field."
Shield is already active, set to reject all physical matter.

SHIELD IS COMPLETELY CHAOS BASED. CURRENTLY NOT ENOUGH RESOURCES TO MODIFY IT. IT IS FULLY DEFENSE ORIENTED, HOWEVER IT IS POSSIBLE TO INCLUDE OFFENSIVE FEATURES DISGUISED AS PART OF DEFENSIVE REACTION. RECOMMENDED COURSE OF ACTION; RAMMING.

I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: August 03, 2016, 06:37:01 am »

"thanks, voice in my head, or that insight into both my attacker, and my own magic. Now, you wouldn't happen to know, and be willing to tell me, a good way to get something to cover my more sensitive bits, bot hfor protection, and for modesty's sake? Voice? hello?"

Dominic talks to the voice, and continues looking for some pants. Also, seeing the sky falling he casts What the Heck is Going on Over There?

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: August 03, 2016, 08:44:27 am »

Alan smirks even further, eyes narrowing.

"I'm what you may call an assassin. Somebody wants you dead. A rather strange individual, a large shark. Any idea whom that might be?"

Spoiler: Action (click to show/hide)
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: August 04, 2016, 02:03:35 am »

Am I hearing/seeing any of this stuff with Soleus?  If so:Upgrade the fortress's teleport bracelet system, teleport my fortress and its contents and current inhabitants to the scene of the incipient fight.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: August 04, 2016, 04:41:55 am »

Am I hearing/seeing any of this stuff with Soleus?  If so:Upgrade the fortress's teleport bracelet system, teleport my fortress and its contents and current inhabitants to the scene of the incipient fight.
Unless he's using the magic telephone to relay audio and video, then no, you are not noticing anything. You are half nation away. However you probably would see starfall happening in Arkea capital if you were to look in that direction. It's much closer.
Old sigs.
Games.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: August 07, 2016, 06:26:38 am »

"thanks, voice in my head, or that insight into both my attacker, and my own magic. Now, you wouldn't happen to know, and be willing to tell me, a good way to get something to cover my more sensitive bits, bot hfor protection, and for modesty's sake? Voice? hello?"

Dominic talks to the voice, and continues looking for some pants. Also, seeing the sky falling he casts What the Heck is Going on Over There?
Imaginary voice of reason in your head doesn't respond. It may not be wise to pursue this line of thinking, for insanity follows it closely. Though you could argue mages are all slightly insane anyway. Either by nature or as result of their spells, accumulated or instant. For example, this spell informs you in very detailed and personal manner what is going on. Large blobs of molten rock are falling down into capital, crushing buildings and people, burning buildings and people as a side effect. Lots of people are dying and greatly suffering over there. You catch a glimpse of the mage causing this; the one you accidentally resurrected. He's simultanously satisfied for successfull spell and sad for number of lives sacrificed for greater cause, though his sadness is more of intellectual type. Underneath this is faint sense of selfish duty and dread of future.

The spell leaves your skin with burning sensation, kind like being doused in very hot water. An echo of what dying people felt in the city.

People don't usually discard their pants into wilds, so finding any would be incredibly rare event (especially in nigh) and indication of someone's presence. You do find half buried cow skeleton, however, mostly because you trip on it.

Alan smirks even further, eyes narrowing.

"I'm what you may call an assassin. Somebody wants you dead. A rather strange individual, a large shark. Any idea whom that might be?"

Spoiler: Action (click to show/hide)
Soleus doesn't answer your question. He simply stares you with dead eyes. Not dead dead, mind you, just completely lacking any shred of emotion. A freak. You breath in large amount of air while hovering in place and priming whatever weird organs dragons use to active their breath weapon.

6. It's less a hole and more like fabric of reality forcibly torn apart to crush and twist two points of space together. A massive, hundred meters tall glowing rift opens in front of you accompanied with a sound that everyone within hundreds kilometers is guaranteed to hear. At least the spell works for most important part, as right in front of you is Soleus' back. He turns his head to see your open maw. So much for a sneak attack...

You breathe out trying your breath weapon for first time, and it shows. It's not a stream of all destructive fire that comes out, but bunch of sparks. Admittedly very hot sparks, but mere sparks nonetheless. Soleus jumps out of the way. He ends up onto very edge of his island and by looks of it he can't really regain his balance, leaving him swinging his arms wildly trying not to fall off.

It appears like Soleus isn't alone. Handful of people and one weird golem with too many spider like legs comes out of the building. Most of them freeze on spot seeing your magnificent figure basking in unnatural light emitting from the portal. The golem skitters towards your target and one female spirts towards the rift you made.

Unless he's using the magic telephone to relay audio and video, then no, you are not noticing anything. You are half nation away. However you probably would see starfall happening in Arkea capital if you were to look in that direction. It's much closer.
Yeah, you don't see anything.

Old sigs.
Games.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: August 07, 2016, 07:48:23 pm »

"wonder if he and I are drawing on the same dice?"

Dominic casts Resurrect Cow. Dominic casts create robe.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: August 07, 2016, 09:53:11 pm »

Alan, now being close to his target, decides to cut his losses and just eat Soleus.

Did tearing apart reality count as a big spell?
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55