Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 55

Author Topic: Wild Mages: Dominic, The Naked Mage  (Read 79405 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Wild Mages
« Reply #60 on: April 07, 2016, 03:58:14 pm »

"Ah, as expected, a slightly lest than helpful ladder. Well, at least it isn't inside the barrel. that ... heh heh ... that would have been silly. Still, these rolls are delightful."

I eat a portion of sausage and cast Summon Long Drinking Straw.

"I should probably summon a cup instead, but this feels more in line with the situation."

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 07, 2016, 04:41:51 pm »

Run for the Hills!
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 08, 2016, 03:10:35 am »

Soleus Arendar :
As the enchantment vanish, the terrible realization plunges Soleus in a state of despair and emotional pain.

"I have been fooled. I understand now...that was what the Eye was showing me..."

Despite the intense betrayal, Soleus feel no strong ill toward crazyabe. The true responsible is magic. He will take care of crazyabe later, but for now, he can't trust him anymore.

"Magic... What is magic ?" says Soleus while glancing at the Eye then at his dear Anna. He feels a strange feeling of doubt suspicion when looking at Anna. Who is "Anna" ? Is she the ideal woman I dreamt of ? Or is she a mere puppet for another act from Wild Magic ?

"Anna... When we will be in a safe place I would like to ask you some important questions. But right now, using magic will answer one of them : what wicked scheme are you up to, magic ?..."

Soleus casts a spell of Akashic Records Access, to unravel the source of the present disaster.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 03:27:49 am by Nakéen »

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 08, 2016, 12:56:09 pm »

....I honestly don't remember maybe mother's teleport spell wasn't strong enough I remember her using her spell and then I woke up in the woods.
[5] Your response instantly silences whole group. After few moments of silence one speaks, choosing her words carefully.
"Your mother is a mage? Have you... inherited her talents?"

Make some new, hopefully-less-idiotic golems. Summon some furniture afterwards.
4. A handful of stone golems manifest themselves in front of you. They look decent enough, though they lack the initiative best golems have. Either way, they are better than the previous bunch. Your statue turns to look at them and nods approvingly.

1. At first nothing happens. Then chairs start flying out of your tower's windows crashing on ground, followed by a broken table and bedsheet. Something is moving inside.

Well darn.

Set a Minor Annoyance after crazyabe.

Actually, set two.

3. 3. Two minor annoyances sent. Hopefully he finds cockroaches in his breakfast.

"Ah, as expected, a slightly lest than helpful ladder. Well, at least it isn't inside the barrel. that ... heh heh ... that would have been silly. Still, these rolls are delightful."

I eat a portion of sausage and cast Summon Long Drinking Straw.

"I should probably summon a cup instead, but this feels more in line with the situation."
Sausage has odd savor, nothing alarming or off putting, but slightly odd nonetheless.

3. A drinking straw appears. It looks normal.

Run for the Hills!
The entire area that used to be village is now a host of small hills, and the ones outside of village's remains are full of burning tree stumps. There's plenty of hills to pick for, but I assume you want one where antimagic attack didn't come from.
[1] Or actually let's go in that direction. After tripping over some particularly muddy spots your clothes are totally drippling wet and your bleeding arms covered in dirty mud. Rolling your way over the hill you trip again on something hard and fall on your face.

Something falls from sky and lands hard into newly formed mud lake, sending lots of droplets in far and wide.

Soleus Arendar :
As the enchantment vanish, the terrible realization plunges Soleus in a state of despair and emotional pain.

"I have been fooled. I understand now...that was what the Eye was showing me..."

Despite the intense betrayal, Soleus feel no strong ill toward crazyabe. The true responsible is magic. He will take care of crazyabe later, but for now, he can't trust him anymore.

"Magic... What is magic ?" says Soleus while glancing at the Eye then at his dear Anna. He feels a strange feeling of doubt suspicion when looking at Anna. Who is "Anna" ? Is she the ideal woman I dreamt of ? Or is she a mere puppet for another act from Wild Magic ?

"Anna... When we will be in a safe place I would like to ask you some important questions. But right now, using magic will answer one of them : what wicked scheme are you up to, magic ?..."

Soleus casts a spell of Akashic Records Access, to unravel the source of the present disaster.
"Of course, dear. Talking is important." She's following in your footprints, trying carefully to not soil her expensive dress.

1. A vision takes over you senses. A jungle, hot and humid, but that doesn't bother you;  this is normal for you. This is your homeland after all, or what's left of it. You are hunting dangerous prey today. A couple of humans have invaded your territory. Disgusting humans. They bought the end of the world and your species paid dearly for it. They aroused the beast of the sky who them froze almost everyone to death with its cold breath. Those few who survived were weakened drasticly. Civilization was gone in blink of eye, hunting trophies of ages disappeared in mere moments, along with buildings. Nature took back what was taken from it, and if you believe what you heard from lone surviving mountain dweller, humans also lost their dead cities. You and your group are the last of your kind. You want revenge, as meaningless as it is.

Their smell is strong. Stupid humans always forget their smell. Makes them so much easier to track. Doesn't make them any easier to kill. You see them. Just a pair of them, a warrior woman and old man. Hatred makes your muscles ready for attack and a moment later you pounce on them. They hear your roar, but unlike animals they don't freeze. They turn and defend, but old man is too slow. You knife slits his throat open, spilling his blood out. The smell tickles your instincts. It's hard to resist the desire to sink your teeth into his neck and claw his stomach open. Focus, the dangerous one remains!

She tries to grab you but fails. You use the man's falling body as a kick board and pounce at the woman, trying to reach her throat. She strikes your arm making you drop the knife. It doesn't bother you. You always liked your natural weapons better. You extend your claws, slashing wildly. Some get through making her bleed. She fights silently as humans do. Fight devolves into wrestling. Humans are good at wrestling, especially soldiers, but you are small and nimble. It evens out. Soon you are on her back sinking claws into her throat in attempt to cut arteries and simultanously strangle her. Your fangs itch. Soon you can have human flesh again...

The woman cries. She's begging you to stop. "Why you are doing this?" She cries. "Have I wronged you, love?" Love? What is this woman talking? You don't love humans. Why would you? Hmm, your fur is gone. Concerning. Fur...? You never had fur. Why you are strangling Anna? You stop and step back bewildered, your mind returning normal. What you have done?

Something falls from sky and lands hard into newly formed mud lake, sending lots of droplets in far and wide.

Spoiler: crazyabe - ?? (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Town (click to show/hide)
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 08, 2016, 01:10:29 pm »

In a firm yet relaxed tone
Yes but I have a family heirloom that will help me use it safely.Besides I only use magic as a last resort anyway don't really believe it's something that should be taken of or done lightly.Mother didn't raise an idiot.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 08, 2016, 01:25:57 pm »

Teleport the thing I just summoned away. Maybe to Nakeen's house, seeing as it's already being used for garbage (read: horrible monster) disposal.

Then summon up some food. Nothing could possibly go wrong.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 08, 2016, 02:01:02 pm »

Create a swarm of golemic scouts.  Have one or two, depending on how many I get, investigate the surface via the skylight, while the others are to scount the fortress.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 08, 2016, 06:35:41 pm »

Teleport the thing I just summoned away. Maybe to Nakeen's house, seeing as it's already being used for garbage (read: horrible monster) disposal.

(("How my project of a flying palace ended up as a prison for all things eldritch and nasty"))

"Anna ! No... I... I'm so sorry ! Please forgive me, it wasn't me !" pleads Soleus desperately while taking Anna's hands.

Whichever Anna's answer may be, Soleus says :
"I don't want to hurt you anymore. Stay back from me until I call you, my love. I have to get through this ordeal if I want us to survive."

A terrible feeling of dread grips him when he sees something falling from the sky. Antimagic can only means impending doom.
"Anna. We must hide, I have a terrible feeling."

Hide somewhere nearby, preferably far from the devastated village.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 08, 2016, 08:01:10 pm »

"Ah. now breakfast is complete, with but a sip from this barrel with this straw. I shall do so. And then, to dispose of a couple of poor spells. How, I wonder? something safe, I hope. Well, i will soon find out."

I step onto my ladder, place my chin over the lip ofthe barrel, and drink orange juice through my straw. Afterward I remove my pants and then cast two spells: Summon Kingly Robe, and Enchant Pants (flexible armor).

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 09, 2016, 04:09:20 am »

In a firm yet relaxed tone
Yes but I have a family heirloom that will help me use it safely.Besides I only use magic as a last resort anyway don't really believe it's something that should be taken of or done lightly. Mother didn't raise an idiot.
[3] They have no answer for that. The journey continues under rule of uncomfortable silence. Soon the group reaches a crossroads by a large and slow river. The road to right leads to capital, Ciels, and the left one takes you to another big coastal city and few smaller ones along the way. Both roads are wide and well maintained.
  The woman who addressed you last time speaks again. "Perhaps... it would be best if we go our separate ways here. I have nothing against you, but I don't feel safe with a mage near my children. Not that I don't believe in your self-restraint or the power of your heirloom." She hurries to correct herself. "It's just that... you mages have kinda bad reputation, you know?"
  She tries to be polite and non-offending, but the unsaid message is clear: Please go away.

4. You didn't exactly summon anything this time, but magic understands your point and sends it away, whatever it was.

1. Grass stirs and a unkown plant grows rapidly up and sideways. It emits sickly sweet smell and before you know it, you are on your knees.
[6] Realizing problem with the smell you hold your breath and a mere moment later cold stone wraps around you a bit too hard. You think you may have broken some bones and definitely will have bruises coming later. From your new vantage point on arms of your stone self you see the plant growing bigger, thornier, and nastier.

Create a swarm of golemic scouts.  Have one or two, depending on how many I get, investigate the surface via the skylight, while the others are to scount the fortress.
Do you perhaps want them to talk? Otherwise it might require a spell to get information out of them.

4. As a swarm small stone spiders climbs out of floor Laudata takes a step backwards, her expression finally changing from eternally placid one. Guess she does have dislikes after all. The spider golems scatter away on order, couple climbing up pillars trying to reach the sky light. They do however fall down from the vertical mirror shaft because there's nothing for them to get hold. Those who do fall shatter into pieces.

(("How my project of a flying palace ended up as a prison for all things eldritch and nasty"))

"Anna ! No... I... I'm so sorry ! Please forgive me, it wasn't me !" pleads Soleus desperately while taking Anna's hands.

Whichever Anna's answer may be, Soleus says :
"I don't want to hurt you anymore. Stay back from me until I call you, my love. I have to get through this ordeal if I want us to survive."

A terrible feeling of dread grips him when he sees something falling from the sky. Antimagic can only means impending doom.
"Anna. We must hide, I have a terrible feeling."

Hide somewhere nearby, preferably far from the devastated village.
((I must say it's performing rather poorly as a prison. Escape rate has gone through ceiling.))

"I believe you, love." Anna says with forgiving smile wiping tears from her eyes. She touches her throat carefully and grimaces when her fingers touch the blackening traces your fingers and nails left.

[4] You head towards where the lake used to be avoiding all voices of human nature and slosh through soft soil and mud. You encounter occasional dead fish and alert swarm of flies eating them. When you reach edge of devastation, screams of terror and pain reach new heights in the village. Sounds like it was good time to take your leave.

You see more stuff falling from sky, too small for you to see what they are.

Thanks to the river and lake separating the town and the forest here, it has not been burned to ground, though almost all leaves you can see have been touched by fire to some degree. A single spark would set this side ablaze.

"Ah. now breakfast is complete, with but a sip from this barrel with this straw. I shall do so. And then, to dispose of a couple of poor spells. How, I wonder? something safe, I hope. Well, i will soon find out."

I step onto my ladder, place my chin over the lip ofthe barrel, and drink orange juice through my straw. Afterward I remove my pants and then cast two spells: Summon Kingly Robe, and Enchant Pants (flexible armor).
Nothing comes through the straw no matter how hard you suck. Quick examination reveals a block in middle of the straw. You can't even cut it in half without making it too short. Substandard quality, really.

2. Air shimmers and magnificent robe appears. Gold threads decorate it forming complex image of a nameless mythical flying beast. You reach your hand to take it, but the robe escapes your touch. After attempting and failing to capture it twenty times it finally disappears leaving nothing but bitter dissappointment.

2. Your pants turn gray and gain scaled pattern and texture. It remains soft and flexible as ever, and cursory examination with knife reveals it being as ineffective armor as it ever was. It looks armored, sure, but isnt really.

Spoiler: crazyabe - ?? (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Town (click to show/hide)
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 09, 2016, 04:16:23 am »

His face takes on a understanding look and in a friendly tone.
No problem I understand I hope you have safe travels it's Michaelis,Cameron Michaelis but yeah have a nice day madam thank's for not trying to kill me.
Let's head to the coastal city always wanted to see the occean.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 09, 2016, 05:49:17 am »

((I must say it's performing rather poorly as a prison. Escape rate has gone through ceiling.))
((I hope my ceiling is okay though.))

(We are safe, for now... If only TEC was still here, he could protect Anna. I hope this poor golem is alright.)

"Anna. It looks like we are safe, but not for long I believe. We don't have much time, so I would like you to listen to my questions and answer them with honesty."

"What do you think of Wild Magic ? And what do you think about yourself and your free will, considering your magical origins ?"

Soleus feels like filth for asking those questions. He is the one who asked magic to create Anna, none of this is her fault. But he must be sure of Anna's free will and link with Wild Magic.

A terrible feeling grips his heart. What he is going to do may be one of the most cruel things he ever did in his life.

He hands the Eye to Anna and says :
"Take this. After you will have answered to my strange questions, I would like you to look through the Eye and look at your own body. And whatever may happen, know that I will always try to strive for your wellbeing. I made this promise the second you were born."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 09, 2016, 06:30:51 am »

"Ah, this is just too much. I have such orange juice so close, and this straw is being stubborn. Well, at least my pants look nice. I suppose I will summon a cup after all."

I examine my pants with fondness, and then pull them on again. I strut around in them for a bit, eath anothe sausage and other roll, and then cast Summon Drinking Cup.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 09, 2016, 08:14:58 am »

Summon a staff for various stoneshaping and magical crafts purposes.

"Sorry...I was not aware that you didn't like spiders.  I would have summoned something else had I known."
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 09:06:54 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 09, 2016, 09:05:26 am »

Use a spell to make a magical prison for the plant, then try and heal myself twice. Earth-shape some crutches if I can't really walk.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 55