Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 55

Author Topic: Wild Mages: Dominic, The Naked Mage  (Read 79077 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Wild Mages
« Reply #90 on: April 11, 2016, 01:59:17 pm »

All right, NOW fix them.

And then, separately, summon, hmm...  An unostenatious gold circlet because why not have a crown.

And try summoning some dice.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 11, 2016, 02:44:55 pm »

Make gold
Make lint
Approach one of the fine inhabitants of this city.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 11, 2016, 04:50:29 pm »

((You did Nerf me out of all Magical actions, Take away all my Previous Results, and Otherwise Make it impossible For me to Easily Continue Without a massive Amount of Luck, So. Yes this IS Suicide.))
Just get on with it!
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 11, 2016, 05:24:24 pm »

"Ah...such a serene place. Let's rest here dear."

Rest here for a bit and gather some provisions. Then if applicable, ask Anna to stay here while I take some distance with this place to prepare to use magic.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 11, 2016, 05:43:22 pm »

To hit the books, I suppose I'll need the books in question. Summon the appropriate tome(s).

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 11, 2016, 05:45:51 pm »

"Oh shit!"

In a panic, I cast protection from Giant Orange Juice Barrel.

((A terrible waste of a 5, for sure))

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 11, 2016, 11:54:50 pm »

((You did Nerf me out of all Magical actions, Take away all my Previous Results, and Otherwise Make it impossible For me to Easily Continue Without a massive Amount of Luck, So. Yes this IS Suicide.))
Just get on with it!
((Just so you know, there's a reason for you being unable to use magic, one that is relatively easily resoved. But suicide is an option too.))
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 12, 2016, 01:48:55 am »

Just get on with it!
((Just so you know, there's a reason for you being unable to use magic, one that is relatively easily resoved. But suicide is an option too.))
((That's what I thought too, and why I left the place quickly))

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 12, 2016, 12:04:59 pm »

All right, NOW fix them.

And then, separately, summon, hmm...  An unostenatious gold circlet because why not have a crown.

And try summoning some dice.

4. The voices are silenced. Whew! Who knew subordinates could be so damn annoying?

1. No gold circlet for you. A brimmed hat made out of flashy feathers appears and floats down on floor.

2. Pair of lead chunks falls on your toes.

"My lord, if you have no task for me, then with your permission I would like to go see what our surroundings are like."

Make gold
Make lint
Approach one of the fine inhabitants of this city.

2. Cobblestones under your feet crumble into sand. Someone have to replace those, you vandal!

2. Out of all things to ask from magic... It feels really insulted. A fruit comes to be, about size of two fists. It falls down and cracks open. The stench it emits is incredibly foul, requiring all your willpower to not vomit. You instantly leave the area holding your breath and approach one of the people who are not running away.

[3] It's a guard. His sword is drawn and he's covering behind his shield. "Halt!" He calls you, eyes wide. "E-Enemies of the empire are n-not permitted enter!"

Just get on with it!
Allright.

You walk slowly towards your excited executioner. He's the same guy who threatened to strangle you with your own intestines.
"I can't use magic for some reason and I can't live without it." You explain staring him with empty eyes devoid of hope. "Do you understand? Without it I would have to pay taxes! I would have to toil on fields, sweat and get dirty just to survive! I cannot accept that fate!"
"Oh, I understand just fine." The man says wild glow in his eyes. You recognize him now; the blacksmith's brother. Used to help him and all other people, handling the heavy stuff. Gentle giant, he was sometimes called. Guess people do change.
He wraps his fingers around your thoat and squeezes hard. It hurts only few seconds.

Next in line is chaotic skies.

"Ah...such a serene place. Let's rest here dear."

Rest here for a bit and gather some provisions. Then if applicable, ask Anna to stay here while I take some distance with this place to prepare to use magic.
Anna takes too long to respond, and when she finally does it's mumbling. You study her alarmed. She doesn't react your handwaving at all and appears to be in trance. After you stand few moments in front of her trying to figure out what to do she focuses on you and smiles.

[1] ((What a pity...)) Something is seriously wrong here. Serenity this place is radiating isn't natural. If you stop to think about it you realize this would be excellent spot to build town, but you see no traces of civilization. And this isn't even that far from the village! Someone should have stumbled upon this gem and told wild tales about it! There should've been rumors at least! But no, nothing of sort has ever entered into your ears!

To hit the books, I suppose I'll need the books in question. Summon the appropriate tome(s).
Yeah, your tower didn't come with readable books and you didn't have time to move your "library" here.

5. A book lands gently on your waiting hand. Autobiography of The Most Glorious King Cotlal the First. First edition. Extremely rare book. You recall there being only handfull in existance. Also banned.
Another book lands. Excavation of Zaaerath. You have no idea what that's about. Third book, or more like bunch of binded papers. Raport from Tenhe. The first page features seal of Empire's military and is signed by some general.

Which one you want to read first?

"Oh shit!"

In a panic, I cast protection from Giant Orange Juice Barrel.

((A terrible waste of a 5, for sure))
Quite so.

5. A force field surrounds you and the animated barrel crashes against it. The barrel bounces back falling and spilling a lot of its content over. It doesn't seem much bothered by the fact, instead it stands up and starts beating your force field, each hit making you wince and sending it staggering backwards. Again and again. It doesn't seem to tire of this, nor is your force field showing signs of wear.

Spoiler: Town (click to show/hide)
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 12, 2016, 12:41:20 pm »

give that guard eternal good luck.
enemies? Nah I have no intention of doing something evil like that besides I got good magic guaranteed for the next 4 spells.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 12, 2016, 02:27:06 pm »

(Oh. And I intended to use magic to peel some apples, ha.)
"Anna !" shouts Soleus.

Lead her by the hand, or carry her if it doesn't work. Far from this eerie place.
Just before leaving its radius, examine it with the Eye. Then use a spell to reveal its true nature and incarnate it into a sentient being/something.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 12, 2016, 02:41:55 pm »

"That would be good.  Be careful.  If you get hurt...Here, take this, if you need me to come just release it.  Sorry that it's a spider, but we work with what we have I'm afraid.  Actually...I have an idea, and two good spells up."

Reshape a single spider into a non-spider thing so Laudata isn't freaked out, and program it to, when released, find me and then lead me to Laudata.  Use the crafting staff, not a spell.

Try on the hat.

Now...Let's properly fix up the fortress.  That includes populating it a bit more than just myself and Laudata.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 02:45:13 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 12, 2016, 02:53:22 pm »

Now...Let's properly fix up the fortress.  That includes populating it a bit more than just myself and Laudata.
Wanna add some details, or leave it to me?
Old sigs.
Games.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 12, 2016, 02:54:42 pm »

Well, you can do the architecture (although 'defensible' is a key goal), but the people, yes, I would like to have some say in.

There should be enough people in the right skill distributions to ensure the fortress works.

No person should be disfigured, or unpleasant to work with.

An even male-female distribution is a good thing.

They should have names.

That's about it.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 03:01:06 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 12, 2016, 03:33:40 pm »

Architecture takes one roll, and creating people takes another or two, depending on whether they have souls or not.
Old sigs.
Games.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 55