Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 55

Author Topic: Wild Mages: Dominic, The Naked Mage  (Read 79458 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Wild Mages: Questing begins
« Reply #480 on: May 25, 2016, 06:11:07 pm »

Well.  Shapeshift the scales away... Or... No, I think I'll go for a new look.  White scales, tough, durable, regal.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: May 25, 2016, 06:44:41 pm »

((Woah, Dominic has like the best companions ever. How envious..))
I know, right? And I wasn't even trying for any of them. if only Giant Angry Orange juice Barrel hadn't died ... omg I just had an Idea. I have Mrak of the Green Man, and am on a quest for resurrection ... a revenant orange Juice Barrel seems just the thing!

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: May 25, 2016, 07:23:33 pm »

I know, right? And I wasn't even trying for any of them. if only Giant Angry Orange juice Barrel hadn't died ... omg I just had an Idea. I have Mrak of the Green Man, and am on a quest for resurrection ... a revenant orange Juice Barrel seems just the thing!
On a life-long quest to resurrect his soulmate, Dominic fought against thousand evils and endured thousand hardships...

Giant Angry Orange Juice Barrel... we will meet again my friend.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: May 25, 2016, 07:46:20 pm »

I have nothing particularly valuable.
Lie.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
  • Most likely in the RTD section
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: May 25, 2016, 07:47:48 pm »

Change action: Look for other wizards. and if I have spare time find a village to conquer or protect
No sig yet

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: May 26, 2016, 11:15:55 am »

Next update on next Monday.

That's right - CrapMonster Luggage. Terry Pratchet would be proud.

"Now, time to get this show on the road, probably."

I cast Summon Riding Mount, followed by Place Warning Sign in The Front Yard, Followed by Lock This Place Up So Thieves and Other Enemies Can't Get In, followed again by Animate Statue of Dead Mage.

I then place my green man blocks in the crapsack, along with any decent traveling clothes that may have been created along with my comfortable home, my Wild Magic For Dummies Pamphlet, my Long, Blocked Drinking Straw, and any traveling food I have available. if the Doomboxd is mobile, I let it follow along with the statue and traveling pack, while I mount the riding creature. if the doombox is not mobile, I have the statue carry it. I examine my entourage before setting out for the nearest capital.

"There is no way they won't welcome me with open arms and loiving gratitude, arriving in splendor such as this!" Dominic declares, grandly, if a tad sarcastically.
6. Nearby tree falls barely missing your house. Then another. And another. Total twenty trees fall on their own accord. They vibrate enough to turn them into semiliquid mess of tree and leaf fibers. The mass flows together, reshapes and solidifes itself into something that looks like a tree grown into shape of gigantic centipede. Except this one is far more mobile than your avarage tree.
  Its hundred legs are about as thick as yours, its back is about chest high, it has pair of nice living chairs in a recess on its back, and some space for luggage. Eyes are bulging burls surrounded by small leafy branches and there's plenty of branches on it. It probably camouflages very easily into any young forests or bushes.

1. Ground around your house sprouts large number of arms and tentacles, and the ground itself turns into bubbling mud causing your stuff sink in. Sinking is readily accelerated by the arms and tentacles and they don't leave you or your crapsack without attention either. They grab you with suprisingly firmly and begin pulling you in.

At this point I think you probably want to do something else with your spells.

After resting a bit continue the search heading west
[4] West is... in direction sun doesn't rise from, right? So if sun is in that direction, then west is probably opposite way. Right? Right. Let's roll. Now that you have definite direction and you are paying attention further away you actually can see edge of the world from here. Maybe hundred kilometers in south or so? It's not very clear view, but you can see definite line where ground ends and sky continues below horizon.

[3] On your search you notice a road going roughly northeast. Small, not very well maintained, but road nonetheless. While it isn't a village or anything worth of pillaging, it indicates precense of one. Somewhere. It's all matter of following it to one end or another. Annoyingly enough good lengths of it are under foliage, meaning you have to trace it carefully and slowly or you'll lose it.

"Mmh no, it seems to be something when we were fleeing from the village. Something must have happened in the forest."

While saying that, Soleus asks :
"Say...did I make a mistake bringing these four persons here ? Maybe you preferred when there was only the two of us..."

Anna thinks about it before answering. "For them I think it was good. They definitely are happy to be alive. Perhaps it would have been better if you didn't bring them but others instead, but what is done is done. In grander scale it sounds like it might have been a mistake. Sorry."

Well.  Shapeshift the scales away... Or... No, I think I'll go for a new look.  White scales, tough, durable, regal.
((Shapeshifting is still a roll, though you can't really roll less than 3.))

[5] Scales shift and change color. On your knuckles they are small and almost skin colored, but grow larger and snow white by your wrists. Near your elbow they are forming a ridge on outerside and are around three centimeter wide. If you keep your sleeves rolled up they look like dragonish armor. Near your shoulder they shrink smaller and less visible.

I have nothing particularly valuable.
Lie.
Technically it isn't a lie.

"What a pity. Then you surely won't mind if we check?" They get off of their rides and after tying horses on nearby tree they approach you with clear intent to perform fullbody search.

Looking them closer you see that their obvious swords are just to intimidate people and aren't their only weapons. You see faint outlines of various daggers hidden in sleeves, shoes, and other easily reachable spots. Some of those pouches tied on their belts appear to be kind that will unravel and unload their contents when pulled in suitable manner. Your eyes catch traces of pale powder on lips of one pouch. Something powdery that's intented to be thrown? Clearly they are equipped suprisingly well. They even might have more hidden weapons.

Body language betrays their confidence. They don't have slightest doubt this won't go on their way. The way they walk tells you they are accustomed walking quietly, every motion whispers tale of well trained bodies. Well trained, well armed, maybe even well funded? All this combined together is strong indication that they aren't your avarage highwaymen. They are dangerous. It they get to touching distance and decide to kill you, you won't have time to do anything about it. Maybe you won't even have time to cast spells depending on what manner they kill you.

Of course, it's a one big "if". IF they want to kill you. IF things won't go their way. Some preparations or pre-emptive retaliation might be in order.

Change action: Look for other wizards. and if I have spare time find a village to conquer or protect
Doesn't really change end result. Mages are not that common, though they might be highly visible when their spells backfire. Anyway, no wizards on sight.

Spoiler: Bluexdog - Markus Bane (click to show/hide)

I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: May 26, 2016, 11:48:20 am »

Next update on next Monday.
((Oh, see you next Monday then !))

"Yeah, sorry...I'm so stupid, I should have known better. Maybe I could give them the choice to leave in the close future, and we may return to our old ways."

Position the island above the forest I was fleeing to back then. From above, look over it, to see if anything strikes me as unusual.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: May 26, 2016, 12:20:54 pm »

The intent of that was to make the scales just cover my body instead of only being on my arms.  And also to look cool.

Craft a Kinetic Ring for Laudata, then enhance it with spells twice.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: May 26, 2016, 12:31:06 pm »

Cameron  looks at them for a split second before casting a barrier  around himself and then casting another  spell to give himself some  kind of weapon training.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: May 26, 2016, 02:45:02 pm »

Follow the road
No sig yet

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: May 26, 2016, 07:04:23 pm »

"AH PISS!"

Dominic Casts Charm Tentacle Ground, and seeks it's assistance in loading up Treetapede CenTreepede. Dominic then examines his Dead mage statue. hmm ... that Iron bed looks awkward there. Dominic Casts separate Iron Bed from Mage Statue (with attention given to keeping the statue whole,), and then, if the statue is in working condition, casts Animate Mage Statue.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: May 28, 2016, 10:19:50 am »

Use a single spell to kill the enemy and undo whatever damage it did. That presumably involves toppling my statue-golem.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: May 29, 2016, 03:21:31 pm »

Use a single spell to kill the enemy and undo whatever damage it did. That presumably involves toppling my statue-golem.
You can't do two things with single spell. Also don't you think killing an enemy you can't see, whose location and nature you don't know with a single unspecific spell is a bit cheap? Granted, you got 5 up in queue, but it still feels rather cheap shot.

Follow the road
North east or south west?
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: May 29, 2016, 03:23:57 pm »

Follow the road north east
No sig yet

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: May 29, 2016, 03:34:08 pm »

((Could I do a timeline-manipulation sort of thing where I reset it's "location" to the point just before I summoned it? Wouldn't kill it, but as long as it isn't in my house...))
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 55