Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 55

Author Topic: Wild Mages: Dominic, The Naked Mage  (Read 56016 times)

Bluexdog

  • Bay Watcher
  • Most likely in the RTD section
    • View Profile
Re: Wild Mages: Dominic, The Summoner of Self Hatred
« Reply #600 on: June 12, 2016, 03:08:38 pm »

Would it be possible to take control of the female dragon since they were there when I died and could have taken my dice
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 05:29:08 pm by Bluexdog »
Logged
No sig yet

Coolrune206

  • Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
Re: Wild Mages: Dominic, The Summoner of Self Hatred
« Reply #601 on: June 12, 2016, 04:20:27 pm »

Alan nods and, realizing that he is terrifying nearby, citizens, opens his arms out wide and exclaims "CALM!"
Logged
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Whisperling

  • Bay Watcher
  • Riddles within riddles.
    • View Profile
Re: Wild Mages: Dominic, The Summoner of Self Hatred
« Reply #602 on: June 12, 2016, 04:41:26 pm »

Walk outside, take stock of my surroundings. If I'm in a position to do so, begin earth-shaping the land bridge.
Logged

Ozarck

  • Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Wild Mages: Dominic, The Summoner of Self Hatred
« Reply #603 on: June 12, 2016, 08:01:46 pm »

"Crapsack! Extinguish CenTreepede!" Dominic hollers as he prepares to rev up the doombox. Soon ...

"Outta the way, outta the way! Can't you see I'm trying to help!"

Dominic Orders Crapsack to cover CenTreepede's ass end with shit in order to put out the fire there. Meanwhile, he attempts flying diplomacy (i.e. diplomacy from the back of a racing tree golem) with the guards

"I have three failures coming, and I'm not afraid to use them!"

Dominic casts He's Heading For The River! in an attempt to mislead the guards. And he heads into the depths of the park, looking for a nice pen space in which to do his business.

Nakéen

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wild Mages: Dominic, The Summoner of Self Hatred
« Reply #604 on: June 12, 2016, 08:26:40 pm »

Upon hearing Anna's voice, Soleus' emotions resurface softly. He smiled back :

"Yes dear, I found what I forgot. Order in all the Chaos that surrounds us, and answers to my purpose. I will tell you everything."

He turned back and spoke to Noel and Brian :
"Please bring Tec's pieces in one place, I will try my hand at some Golem reconstruction, so I will need some calm. Only Anna is permitted to assist, in the meantime, stay put in the living room."

Once the pieces all got hauled and the servants were gone, he tried his hand at Quantum Probability Evaluation:
"Analyzing Quantum Probability Field.
Probability of tools required to Tec's reconstruction being present here.
Probability of success of Tec's reconstruction.
Probability of success of future roundhouse kick.
...
Ordering Quantum Probability Field."


Use 'Order Magic' to evaluate the future rolls of :
-Attempt to find suitable tools to reconstruct Tec
-Tec reconstruction
-Next Roundhouse Kick
Logged

TheBiggerFish

  • Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Wild Mages: Dominic, The Summoner of Self Hatred
« Reply #605 on: June 13, 2016, 03:01:14 am »

All right, load it with 1s again.
Logged
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

AbstractTraitorHero

  • Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
Re: Wild Mages: Dominic, The Summoner of Self Hatred
« Reply #606 on: June 13, 2016, 08:53:37 am »

"Uh  yeah  that was me it was an unintended side effect..."
Logged
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

AoshimaMichio

  • Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Wild Mages: Dominic, The Summoner of Self Hatred
« Reply #607 on: June 13, 2016, 12:53:58 pm »

Would it be possible to take control of the female dragon since they were there when I died and could have taken my dice
No, as soulless beings they don't have any interests beyond survival and reproduction.

Alan nods and, realizing that he is terrifying nearby, citizens, opens his arms out wide and exclaims "CALM!"
4. Screaming ends and people stop running, but don't stop vacating the area. After all, being in immediate vicinity of mage is dangerous and they are calm enough to realize this in intellectual manner. So they keep increasing distance, and are careful to not agitate you or give you any reasons to accidentally burn their city.

Can't blame them for not knowing you have somewhat decent numbers in the row.

Walk outside, take stock of my surroundings. If I'm in a position to do so, begin earth-shaping the land bridge.
The hidden gateway opens and distinctly different smell floods in. You find your dome is now located 200 meters from shore in midst of rolling hills. The shore is very rocky and home of thousands seagulls who take your arrival with minor offense; the stonedome shielding your home has soon number of semi solid blemishes. Wind blows from the sea and carries spindrift from crashing waves all the way to your face. Weather isn't very good for large scale construction job, but it could be much, much worse. You are pretty sure your house is only sign of civilization here, so this is good as any place for the bridge.

Suspected purpose of the bridge in your mind you vision it wide enough to allow passage of armies. 50 meters should be wide enough, you suspect. Not being sure how's tide is now you also vision the bridge high enough to not be covered by any high tide or those monstrous waves you hear happening on seas.

[2+2] With image of the bridge in your mind you rise the Whispering Staff of Earth above your head and command land to rise. Earth cracks and large misshapen boulders rise from shore and ocean alike. Tops flatten and stones form odd shapes fitting closely together, not a single one that has form or size similar to another. Water left in between stones squirt high and wide as stones come together causing a minor very local rain. Considering direction of wind this means it rains on you. Your clothes get wet and the stone dome gets cleaned of seagull shit. Mixed blessings, truly.

Well, it is a good start even if doesn't take you terribly far. The bridge has very stable look, probably nice to walk on, but is only 200 meters long. You may need more power if you want to get this done this year...

Sound of shattering Die is almost drowned into howling wind.

"Crapsack! Extinguish CenTreepede!" Dominic hollers as he prepares to rev up the doombox. Soon ...

"Outta the way, outta the way! Can't you see I'm trying to help!"

Dominic Orders Crapsack to cover CenTreepede's ass end with shit in order to put out the fire there. Meanwhile, he attempts flying diplomacy (i.e. diplomacy from the back of a racing tree golem) with the guards

"I have three failures coming, and I'm not afraid to use them!"

Dominic casts He's Heading For The River! in an attempt to mislead the guards. And he heads into the depths of the park, looking for a nice pen space in which to do his business.
Crapsack sputters some smelly solids on the wood golem, but nowhere close the fire. Those chunks mostly slide off of its back like water off a duck's back. Its aim and effort sucks. At least it didn't crap on your other luggage.

Diplomacy is received with widened eyes and more franctic horn blowing. The road is completely empty of people by now giving you a free ride to the park. But before that on last attempt to mislead:

2. You emit sounds like horny moose calling for partner. All things considered that isn't so bad.

CenTreepede leaves the guards biting dust and storms into the park. It is well maintained, bushes are cut into various shapes, trees are providing shade from the sun and most of all, it is empty, though sounds of squads signaling each others are approaching from all directions. Little off center area you find a shielded spot, probably intended for clandestine affairs.

Dark clouds above begin to rain rust tinted water, first gently, but increasing volume steadily. You almost miss sound of another broken Die.

Upon hearing Anna's voice, Soleus' emotions resurface softly. He smiled back :

"Yes dear, I found what I forgot. Order in all the Chaos that surrounds us, and answers to my purpose. I will tell you everything."

He turned back and spoke to Noel and Brian :
"Please bring Tec's pieces in one place, I will try my hand at some Golem reconstruction, so I will need some calm. Only Anna is permitted to assist, in the meantime, stay put in the living room."

Once the pieces all got hauled and the servants were gone, he tried his hand at Quantum Probability Evaluation:
"Analyzing Quantum Probability Field.
Probability of tools required to Tec's reconstruction being present here.
Probability of success of Tec's reconstruction.
Probability of success of future roundhouse kick.
...
Ordering Quantum Probability Field."


Use 'Order Magic' to evaluate the future rolls of :
-Attempt to find suitable tools to reconstruct Tec
-Tec reconstruction
-Next Roundhouse Kick

Joshua assists the other two carrying the pieces but Noel doesn't put much effort into it. It doesn't look like she appreciates menial work very much. Brian complains with empty words you don't pay any attention for. Anna on the other looks you funnily, she apparently caught on that change in tone.

QUERY RESULTS:
PROBABILITY OF TOOLS REQUIRED TO TEC'S RECONSTRUCTION BEING PRESENT HERE: 2. MENDER MUST RELY ON ITS OWN CAPACITY.
PROBABILITY OF SUCCESS OF TEC'S RECONSTRUCTION: 1. EXTREME CHANGES TO ORIGINAL BLUEPRINT RECOMMENDED.
PROBABILITY OF SUCCESS OF FUTURE ROUNDHOUSE KICK: 2. EXACT PROBABILITY DEPENDS ON INTENTED TARGET. THIS LINE OF ACTION IS NOT RECOMMENDED.


Single Die of Order breaks in your pocket. Something has changed, most likely for worse.

All right, load it with 1s again.
2. Every side side shifts to number 3.

"Uh  yeah  that was me it was an unintended side effect..."
"That's why you shouldn't aim anywhere important with bad rolls." She sighs before straighening up. "Hope you learned your lesson this time. Now, what did you tried to tell me over that broken spell yesterday? I didn't really get what you meant. Somebody is coming?"

On outside someone is shouting "CALM!" and panicked screams end right away. Mom glances towards the front door.




Spoiler: Coolrune206 - Alan (click to show/hide)


Spoiler: CenTreepede (click to show/hide)


Spoiler: Laudata (click to show/hide)
Logged
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Coolrune206

  • Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
Re: Wild Mages: Dominic, The Summoner of Self Hatred
« Reply #608 on: June 13, 2016, 01:30:16 pm »

Alan scowls.

"What are you all afraid of? Are you scared that I might just point at your town hall and say 'Hadoken'"

Alan accidentally fires a hadoken at the largest building in the general vicinity, ironically in an attempt to convince the villagers that he wouldn't do such a thing.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 01:35:01 pm by Coolrune206 »
Logged
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Bluexdog

  • Bay Watcher
  • Most likely in the RTD section
    • View Profile
Re: Wild Mages: Dominic, The Summoner of Self Hatred
« Reply #609 on: June 13, 2016, 02:50:48 pm »

New character
Name: [    ] (Unknown)
Desc: A cloaked man with silver hair and pointed ears
Logged
No sig yet

AoshimaMichio

  • Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Wild Mages: Dominic, The Summoner of Self Hatred
« Reply #610 on: June 13, 2016, 03:36:22 pm »

Alan scowls.

"What are you all afraid of? Are you scared that I might just point at your town hall and say 'Hadoken'"

Alan accidentally fires a hadoken at the largest building in the general vicinity, ironically in an attempt to convince the villagers that he wouldn't do such a thing.
Magic doesn't happen accidentally. There's always definite will behind each spell, it's just the results that usually are accidental. So you are just pretending to accidentally cast. Difference is really just fluff because it is ultimately player deciding, so whatever.
Logged
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Coolrune206

  • Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
Re: Wild Mages: Dominic, The Summoner of Self Hatred
« Reply #611 on: June 13, 2016, 04:22:17 pm »

Alan scowls.

"What are you all afraid of? Are you scared that I might just point at your town hall and say 'Hadoken'"

Alan accidentally fires a hadoken at the largest building in the general vicinity, ironically in an attempt to convince the villagers that he wouldn't do such a thing.
Magic doesn't happen accidentally. There's always definite will behind each spell, it's just the results that usually are accidental. So you are just pretending to accidentally cast. Difference is really just fluff because it is ultimately player deciding, so whatever.
Sure, whatever. Black mage WAS omnicidal anyways.
Logged
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Nakéen

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wild Mages: Dominic, The Summoner of Self Hatred
« Reply #612 on: June 13, 2016, 04:34:26 pm »

((I will use the 'Order Magic' sparingly, upon account that using it costs a lot of energy. Also, I reckon I can no longer use Wild Magic right ?))

Soleus doesn't even bat an eye upon learning the expected failures of his project.
"Original blueprint of Chaos Golem Tec lost. Too many chaotic modifications added in. Stability compromised.
Options re-evaluated. Personal ability to construct Order Golem on the magnitude of Chaos Golem Tec insufficient.
New Order Golem blueprint: Tec_version_2.
>Smaller, human sized.
>Armor and plating kept to strict minimum.
>Scrap original energy source to smaller and more stable power core.
>Emphasize on dexterity and kinesthesia.

Attempting Reconstruction Now."


Before starting, Soleus turned toward Anna :
"If you have any remark or idea, feel free to speak up. I am sure you will have great advices."

Begin reconstructing Tec.
Aim for a much smaller golem model than before, human sized preferably. It is basically an Iron Man.
Will Soleus manage to pull off a Tony Stark with his box of scrapes ?
Logged

TheBiggerFish

  • Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Wild Mages: Dominic, The Summoner of Self Hatred
« Reply #613 on: June 13, 2016, 04:42:52 pm »

<Well.  Now I have this overshoot lined up.  What should I do with it?>
Logged
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Ozarck

  • Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Wild Mages: Dominic, The Summoner of Self Hatred
« Reply #614 on: June 14, 2016, 05:08:33 am »

"I didn't even do anything! These things are breaking outside of my control. The universe itself must be suffering. Well, when I have time I'll deal with that."

Dominic quickly grabs crapsack, climbs to the burning part and kicks it out, then dismounts, digs a hole with his hands, and drops a seed into it and orders crapsack to cover it in his special product. He then remounts and orders CenTreepede out toward the nearest edge of town. if any guards come with ranged weapons, disable them with bursts from doombox, but set to a setting that will hopefully do only temporary damage. Do however much of the plan above that can be done in a turn - that's just what Dominic is planning. Gonna hang onto that 3 for now, since that rust colored rain is alarming, as is the oncoming horde of guards, and the great big unknown as to how quickly the resurrection seed will make itself secure and whether the guards think of digging it up again or not.

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 55