Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Too many goblins, too much evil... Incomparable to me.  (Read 4523 times)

Jerry The Hellbound

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional "Knife-ear" torturer 1-800-elfgod
    • View Profile
    • This is also for my Custom Race: Solari!
Too many goblins, too much evil... Incomparable to me.
« on: April 01, 2016, 05:56:32 pm »

Alright, whenever i gen a world goblins are always 60% and higher, and there are areas where i cant travel through, and it pisses me off.
So much so that ive been also thinking if theres a mod that allows you to choke someone to death with a whip, as im always trying to choke a goblin with their own intestines.
Jerry.
This is also for my Custom Race: Solari! (Currently outdated)
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=155455.0
Also made that awesome avatar. took me hours with Gimp: (also the two light & dark sprites are from Stardew Valley)
http://i.imgur.com/8x7aX7T.png

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Too many goblins, too much evil... Incomparable to me.
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2016, 09:35:51 pm »

Alright, whenever i gen a world goblins are always 60% and higher, and there are areas where i cant travel through, and it pisses me off.
So much so that ive been also thinking if theres a mod that allows you to choke someone to death with a whip, as im always trying to choke a goblin with their own intestines.
A standard fantasy world would be kind of naff without hordes of cannon-fodder bad guys, don't you think?
Simple tweaks to goblins in entity.txt and creature_standard.txt can help you arrange them any way you like. Try reducing their max no of civs, making them mortal, or require food and drink.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2016, 11:23:26 pm »

best to swap out their location of dark fortress to ... a normal city.
so you can atleast travel through them everything else is just not going to help you on the main problem... which is fast travel blows when visiting goblin civs.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2016, 11:44:14 pm »

so you can atleast travel through them everything else is just not going to help you on the main problem... which is fast travel blows when visiting goblin civs.
It really blows when your starting location is an old goblin site taken over by your adventurers civ. Not being able to fast travel out of your own home is just silly. Camps too, but at least it's not usually far to the edge of a camp.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2016, 12:23:38 am »

It really blows when your starting location is an old goblin site taken over by your adventurers civ. Not being able to fast travel out of your own home is just silly. Camps too, but at least it's not usually far to the edge of a camp.
worst is if you like playing goblin adventurers and basically they can't fast travel out of their starting site.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2016, 12:54:35 am »

worst is if you like playing goblin adventurers and basically they can't fast travel out of their starting site.
Well, yeah. But you expect some oddness if you mod stuff in.
I expect when goblin civs are officially playable, you'll be able to fast-travel from pits, at which point the regular races should be able to if they happen to start there.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2016, 04:18:31 am »

I expect when goblin civs are officially playable, you'll be able to fast-travel from pits, at which point the regular races should be able to if they happen to start there.
officially playable like in fort mode playable or adventure mode playable because toady made it so you can play goblins and a bunch of random animal people in the latest update.
you can vanilla wise play a goblin adventurer and move them to a player fort now. just that their dark fort/pits are not fast travel friendly so if you roll up a goblin who didn't take over or move in to a different site you're going on a long walk to even fast travel.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2016, 06:21:18 am »

officially playable like in fort mode playable or adventure mode playable because toady made it so you can play goblins and a bunch of random animal people in the latest update.
you can vanilla wise play a goblin adventurer and move them to a player fort now. just that their dark fort/pits are not fast travel friendly so if you roll up a goblin who didn't take over or move in to a different site you're going on a long walk to even fast travel.
Adventurer mode goblins aren't from goblin civs (in vanilla anyway).

Atomisk

• Bay Watcher
  • Majora
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2016, 06:35:15 am »

I want to remove goblin pets and put in orcs and make goblins weak slaves that just do one or two jobs and be very few and between.
Signatures are for people with things to show off. I'll show off something.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2016, 03:46:54 pm »

holy crud your right goblins vanilla wise don't have
Code: [Select]
[SITE_CONTROLLABLE]
[ALL_MAIN_POPS_CONTROLLABLE]

man that's really weird toadyone would just do that.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2016, 04:20:52 pm »

holy crud your right goblins vanilla wise don't have
Code: [Select]
[SITE_CONTROLLABLE]
[ALL_MAIN_POPS_CONTROLLABLE]

man that's really weird toadyone would just do that.

I think what happened was he did the non-Civ populations for animal people and that same code is saying, "hey goblins live in this Civ, add them to the list", this is probably also why gorlaks and gremlins are playable if you get lucky.
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2016, 06:55:15 pm »

Yes. You can only play as creatures from human, dwarf and elf civs (plus human outsider). That's why goblins aren't always available in very small/young worlds.

Even 'intelligent wilderness creature' puts your unique creature in a human, dwarf or elf civ.

Along with animal-men he added goblins, gorlaks and plump-helmet men to the playable races. There aren't any "wild goblins", so they don't appear in the 'intelligent wilderness creature' list. Everything else does because they're all races which have a chance of civilising during worldgen.

Gremlins shouldn't be available (but then, neither should horses, but they turn up in certain circumstances).

You choose your civ when you start the game. You only get a choice of dwarf, elf and human starting civs.

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2016, 07:19:39 am »

Trouble is that then the captured children will not show up. 

King Kitteh

• Bay Watcher
  • [SAVAGE][CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2016, 08:18:18 am »

gorlaks and gremlins are playable if you get lucky.

Gorlaks can't even open doors (you'd think with those big heads they'd figure out how to open a door), so you need to be even more lucky to spawn in a camp otherwise you adventure is bound to be short lived.
goodnight, speep tighht, don't let the bedbugs bite

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2016, 05:37:54 pm »

There's no luck involved. You choose your starting location in adventurer. Not hard to pick a camp or a tree if you want to be a vanilla Gorlak.

Since they can hold spears, I always add [canopendoors] to gorlaks.
Pages: [1] 2