Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Question about events at abandoned fortress  (Read 968 times)

knifemind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Question about events at abandoned fortress
« on: May 12, 2016, 02:38:55 pm »

Hello all, fairly novice player here.  I dabbled for a while, but within the last year I've begun really playing the game.  I've had 3 prior forts for experience (plus a few more short lived or experimental builds) and have settled into my most successful embark thus far. 

A quick explanation: in 125 The Pulley of Hairs embarked on a 1x1 and founded Agedpulleys.   The first caravan got "stuck" just out of view to the SW of the fort.  Due to that, and a lack of bolts and skilled archers, the harassment of many keas and horned owls led the frustrated party to abandon fort.

A short time later, resized to a 2x2 embark, a new group reclaimed the area as Basementcontrols.  The entire caravan party was now visible and just hung out outside the walls for years. 

Anyway, on to the main question.  I continue having events logged as occurring at Agedpulleys, and others at Basementcontrols.  Is this just a 'feature' of having abandoned and reclaimed the area?  Is perhaps Agedpulleys tied to the the original 1x1 map coordinates, and events that happen in the other 3 quadrants link to Basementcontrols?   

I was just curious if anyone had any insight as to what determines which fortress my events are done at.  Perhaps I am just being ignorant to something obvious, but this is making storytelling slightly more difficult and was hoping someone would have some insight.

Romegypt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Question about events at abandoned fortress
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2016, 03:14:26 pm »

yeah, that's pretty much what's going on. If you resized and the old fort was there, weird things happen.