Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 24

Author Topic: Blank Slate - Turn 35 (Jul 7)  (Read 37056 times)

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Blank Slate - Turn 23 (May 27)
« Reply #240 on: May 28, 2016, 03:51:43 pm »

"Why would the rocks be creating an updraft? Perhaps they are emitting hot air? Regardless, I would like my drone back."

Try to regain control of the drone and fly away from the updraft.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: May 28, 2016, 03:56:51 pm »

"Why would the rocks be creating an updraft? Perhaps they are emitting hot air? Regardless, I would like my drone back."

Try to regain control of the drone and fly away from the updraft.

[6, 1] You first let the drone drift a bit to figure out which way the air is moving.
Surprisingly, it goes down. So the updraft is more like a downdraft. The rocks are sucking you in.

Then, when you try to correct, it seems that the draft has become too powerful. It slams you down onto the ground, although your drone is a hat. It doesn't break.

You eventually wiggle your way off the edge of the island, returning the drone to your possession. Adam, however, seems to be missing.

"I don't know. I wasn't part of the main crew. I stowed away in the cargo hold. I remember waking up and everything was more or less normal. But, my eye used to be biomechanical, but now it's glass. I assume that if you were transformed and given a more intelligent sentience, then the other machines were too. I'm Halcyon. But, my friends call me Hal."
"Uhh.... Hello?"

Guark notices the newcomer.
"Ah!... hello there..."
He seems rather tense.
"Well yes, machines gain sentience in this dimension... the problem is, there is no electricity, and so we must derive our sustenance from something else. So, we eat, er, lesser human souls."
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: May 28, 2016, 04:37:44 pm »

Do some additional scouting around the area.
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: May 28, 2016, 07:17:06 pm »

"Ah. Well that certainly complicates things."
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: May 28, 2016, 08:50:00 pm »

Silence.

"Waitwhat."
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: May 28, 2016, 09:02:27 pm »

Silence.

"Waitwhat."

"Oh. Didn't see you there. Also, I don't think we've been formally introduced. I'm Hal and this is Guark. He says he used to be a machine. He came from the same place as we did. Now, he can only live through eating human souls. Actually really cool, if you ask me. And that's you caught up in this conversation."
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: May 28, 2016, 09:03:20 pm »

"If thyself would have it better, consider that their lifeblood lives on in me. And the life of a human of many generations in this world is worth certainly less than your lives. You've not yet split your power."
Guark stands up and brushes himself off.

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: May 28, 2016, 09:09:39 pm »

"Personally, I have no problem with you eating human souls. As long as they aren't mine or my friends'. If you didn't need to eat souls, I would say we could take you along for the journey. But, as it stands, I assume that our group of out-of-universe-strandees all have souls. That would make taking you along a liability."

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: May 28, 2016, 09:09:57 pm »

"I mean, that's dandy 'n' all, but I feel kinda freaked out by standing next to something that sucks souls."
When in doubt, use puns.
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
that's pretty gay

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: May 28, 2016, 10:01:04 pm »

"I did have the slightest suspicion you wouldn't want to associate with myself."
He backs off slowly.

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: May 29, 2016, 12:00:47 am »

"Toodles."

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: May 29, 2016, 09:09:17 pm »

Wait, where did he go? He was standing nearby a few minutes ago.

Search around the vicinity to see what's changed since my hat's escapade to the smokey island.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: May 29, 2016, 10:55:26 pm »

Turn 24

Spoiler: Dictionary (click to show/hide)

Wait, where did he go? He was standing nearby a few minutes ago.

Search around the vicinity to see what's changed since my hat's escapade to the smokey island.

It seems he lost patience and left. You see footprints in the sand that weren't there before, so you follow them.

[1] The footprints lead you to a dark cave (Made only darker by the fact that it's already dark. Does this world not have a sun?), which the footprints seem to disappear at. While it may tempt you to go spelunking, this cave looks dangerous, with a lot of steep drops. You figure the superhuman could have navigated it with ease.

"I mean, that's dandy 'n' all, but I feel kinda freaked out by standing next to something that sucks souls."
"Toodles."

Guark turns into a tiger and scampers off. His clothes sort of merge with his flesh in the process.

There is a well-lit path of lanterns nearby. Hal is unable to re-light his lantern, but he did find a strange purple gem that screamed when he took it out of the lantern.

Do some additional scouting around the area.

You find a pile of junk discarded by the alchemist. There are pots, pans, flasks... all utensils made of primitive materials. But there is one glass beaker, dirty with a black residue but otherwise intact.
Under the pile you notice a movement. It looks as if the pile of junk is breathing. More like beating, actually...

There are also discarded scrolls. Most of them are written in the strange alphabet from before, but have a single red mark or spill somewhere (presumably where errors were made). Each scroll seems to be structured like code, with an Includes section at the top detailing various libraries... "EnchantDriver", "BioEnergy", "LifeCore"

Brann Montoya's Status: Frostbitten finger (minor)

Halcyon Adhil's Status: Temple gash (minor)

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Blank Slate - Turn 24 (May 29)
« Reply #253 on: May 29, 2016, 11:10:55 pm »

"So..... What now?"
When in doubt, use puns.
that's pretty gay

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
Re: Blank Slate - Turn 24 (May 29)
« Reply #254 on: May 30, 2016, 01:53:43 am »

Look around for some edible plants or flowers.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 24